Author Topic: Governor Ron DeSantis  (Read 24864 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Governor Ron DeSantis
« Reply #125 on: July 27, 2021, 03:28:26 PM »
I love this man.  (No homo)

Gov. Ron DeSantis responds after CDC recommends masks in schools
Brianna Volz, Digital Journalist
Associated Press
Published: July 27, 2021

ORLANDO, Fla. – Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is responding to updated guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that includes recommendations of masks in schools, something the governor has publicly opposed throughout the pandemic.

The new guidance was announced Tuesday as COVID-19 cases are surging nationwide, largely due to the highly contagious delta variant, according to health experts.

Previously, the federal agency had said vaccinated individuals could go mostly maskless, including in schools. On Tuesday, officials reversed course on some masking guidelines, recommending that even vaccinated people return to wearing masks indoors in parts of the U.S. where the coronavirus is surging.

White House press secretary Jen Psaki said the delta variant has changed the nation’s COVID-19 outlook since the CDC relaxed masking recommendations.

Citing new information about the ability of the delta variant to spread among vaccinated people, the CDC also recommended indoor masks for all teachers, staff, students and visitors to schools, regardless of vaccination status. Most school districts in Florida have already made masks optional for the upcoming school year.

DeSantis has previously said he does not support the idea of children wearing masks in classrooms.

Last week, he doubled down on his opposition to mask mandates for public-school students during the COVID-19 pandemic, saying he would call for a special legislative session if the federal government moves toward requiring masks in schools.

“There’s been talk about potentially people advocating at the federal level, imposing compulsory masks on kids,” DeSantis said last week. “We’re not doing that in Florida, OK? We need our kids to breathe.”

Following the release of the updated guidance, the governor’s office released the following statement, saying parents should have the right to decide whether their children wear masks at school:

“Governor DeSantis believes that parents know what’s best for their children; therefore, parents in Florida are empowered to make their own choices with regards to masking. Experts have raised legitimate concerns that the risks of masking outweigh the potential benefits for children, because masking children can negatively impact their learning, speech, emotional and social development, and physical health (e.g., infections from bacteria that’s often found on masks, difficulty breathing while exercising in masks, etc.) Fortunately, the data indicate that COVID is not a serious risk to healthy children, which is why schools in most countries were among the first institutions to reopen. At the end of the day, the Governor trusts parents to weigh the risks and benefits and make the best choices for their kids.”

More than 4 million children have been infected with COVID-19 in the United States since the start of the pandemic, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics. With the highly infectious delta variant spreading across the country, doctors worry about that number continuing to climb. Doctor Fatma Levent, of AdventHealth for Children, specializes in pediatric infectious diseases in Orlando, where COVID-19 cases are on the rise. As the powerful delta variant sweeps the country, Levent says it’s affecting children more than previous strains. And more of them are ending up in the hospital.

“When they get it, it’s usually mild. However, they can get hospitalized, they can get pneumonia and other complications,” Levent said.

Click here for more information on how the delta variant is impacting children in Central Florida.

As for the negative impacts of mask-wearing the governor mentioned in his statement, experts have said while there may be some cons to children wearing face coverings, there are workarounds.

According to a post from two pediatric physicians in the American Academy of Pediatrics, face makes actually do not reduce oxygen flow or impact a child’s ability to learn in school.

The two pediatricians break down the five most common myths about mask-wearing and children here.

In a New York Times report, Kang Lee, a professor of applied psychology and human development at the University of Toronto, who studies the development of facial recognition skills in children, pointed to three potential problems masks might pose for children in interacting with classmates or teachers.

First, he said, kids under the age of 12 may have difficulty recognizing people, because they often focus on individual features, the Times reported. Next, he said a lot of our emotional information is displayed through the movement of our facial musculature. Because that musculature and therefore that information is obscured by masks, children may have issues with “emotional recognition and social interaction,” he told the newspaper. Finally, Lee said children may have problems with speech recognition since a great deal of information is communicated visually.

To help combat those issues, experts said parents can focus on the time they spend unmasked at home with their children and use it to emphasize face-to-face activities and interactions.

Experts also note that these suggestions may not be the best fit for every child and that parents should consider their child’s individual needs.

“Several of them also pointed out that children with neurodevelopmental issues such as autism will need special help and special consideration — but also that some of the techniques that parents and teachers already use to help these children learn to interpret social cues may be helpful for everyone when masks are in use,” according to the NYT report.

Click here to read the full New York Times article.

The Orange County Classroom Teachers Association also responded to the updated guidance on Tuesday.

“We are relieved that the CDC made that recommendation, especially considering the tremendous surge in Orange County. Masks were required during summer school, yet 260 tested positive. Imagine what it would look like if school started with no mask mandate,” president Wendy Doromal said.

The American Academy of Pediatrics is also recommending all students and staff wear masks during in-person education, regardless of their vaccination status — though the organization also points out that in-school transmission rates are low and severe COVID cases are rare among children.

At last check, masks were optional in most Central Florida classrooms, though some districts have said they will adjust policies if necessary.

School starts in about two weeks for most Central Florida school districts. For the latest information on COVID-19 policies and other back-to-school updates, visit ClickOrlando.com/backtoschool.

The Associated Press and New York Times contributed to this report.

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local/2021/07/27/gov-ron-desantis-responds-after-cdc-recommends-masks-in-schools/

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #126 on: July 29, 2021, 10:52:04 AM »
And that's why the left is SCARED TO DEATH of DeSantis. Their "seek and destroy" machine will be in full force next year.

They're frightened that, if Trump doesn't run in 2021, DeSantis will. While he doesn't have the veracity of the Donald, he doesn't have Trump's baggage, either. They know DeSantis can pound Biden into the ground in 2024, if the Dems keep up this tomfoolery.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #127 on: July 29, 2021, 10:53:41 AM »
And that's why the left is SCARED TO DEATH of DeSantis. Their "seek and destroy" machine will be in full force next year.

They're frightened that, if Trump doesn't run in 2021, DeSantis will. While he doesn't have the veracity of the Donald, he doesn't have Trump's baggage, either. They know DeSantis can pound Biden into the ground in 2024, if the Dems keep up this tomfoolery.

DeSantis all the way.  He will obliterate the Biden/Harris clown show. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: August 02, 2021, 09:34:15 PM »
Here's one of the places I think Desantis is  dropping the ball to be polite. Cruise lines want to have in place an ability to allow passengers who have been vaccinated. DeSantis has banned that. It should be a conundrum for the staunchest of Conservatives that are supposed to believe smaller government into private businesses is a no no... but for some reason... He (republican) is NOT allowing a business to decide who they allow in.. In this case, it defies logic and in my opinion is why we are seeing the uptick in cases. But hey... If a few more anti vaxxers die..is that a bad thing?     

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: August 02, 2021, 10:50:00 PM »
Here's one of the places I think Desantis is  dropping the ball to be polite. Cruise lines want to have in place an ability to allow passengers who have been vaccinated. DeSantis has banned that. It should be a conundrum for the staunchest of Conservatives that are supposed to believe smaller government into private businesses is a no no... but for some reason... He (republican) is NOT allowing a business to decide who they allow in.. In this case, it defies logic and in my opinion is why we are seeing the uptick in cases. But hey... If a few more anti vaxxers die..is that a bad thing?   

Don't confuse "anti-vaxer" with "anti-vax mandate." 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: August 04, 2021, 12:19:10 AM »
DeSantis on Lockdowns: ‘We’re Not Shutting Down,’ Schools Will Open, ‘We’re Protecting Every Floridian Job’
PENNY STARR
3 Aug 2021
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/08/03/desantis-lockdowns-not-shutting-down-florida/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: August 04, 2021, 12:22:40 AM »

Liberals hoping people they disagree with will die.  A consistent pattern. 

Democrat Strategist Wishes Death On Sen. Lindsey Graham After He Tests Positive For COVID
AUGUST 3, 2021
By Jordan Davidson
The political strategist leading the Rhode Island Democratic Party said she hopes Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham dies from COVID-19.

“It’s wrong to hope he dies from Covid right? Asking for a friend. #COVIDISNOTOVER #LINDSEYGRAHAM,” Kate Coyne-McCoy wrote on Monday night in a since-deleted tweet.

. . . .

https://thefederalist.com/2021/08/03/democrat-strategist-wishes-death-on-sen-lindsey-graham-after-he-tests-positive-for-covid/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: August 04, 2021, 12:27:07 AM »
WATCH: Ron DeSantis DESTROYS reporter suggesting children in hospitals should have worn masks
AUG. 3, 2021
BY THE RIGHT SCOOP
https://therightscoop.com/watch-ron-desantis-destroys-reporter-suggesting-children-in-hospitals-should-have-worn-masks/

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #133 on: August 04, 2021, 12:06:58 PM »

Democrat Strategist Wishes Death On Sen. Lindsey Graham After He Tests Positive For COVID
AUGUST 3, 2021
By Jordan Davidson
The political strategist leading the Rhode Island Democratic Party said she hopes Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham dies from COVID-19.

“It’s wrong to hope he dies from Covid right? Asking for a friend. #COVIDISNOTOVER #LINDSEYGRAHAM,” Kate Coyne-McCoy wrote on Monday night in a since-deleted tweet.

. . . .

https://thefederalist.com/2021/08/03/democrat-strategist-wishes-death-on-sen-lindsey-graham-after-he-tests-positive-for-covid/

And he got the precious vaccine!!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #134 on: August 04, 2021, 12:09:14 PM »
WATCH: Ron DeSantis DESTROYS reporter suggesting children in hospitals should have worn masks
AUG. 3, 2021
BY THE RIGHT SCOOP
https://therightscoop.com/watch-ron-desantis-destroys-reporter-suggesting-children-in-hospitals-should-have-worn-masks/

If you like that, you'll go over the moon when you hear DeSantis rip Biden about coronavirus (I just heard it on a radio news clip). Basically, he said Biden should do his job and secure the border. Until he does that, he doesn't want to hear JACK from Sleepy Joe about the virus.

If Trump doesn't run again, DeSantis will be in the pole position to lead the GOP and take Biden down.

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
« Reply #135 on: August 04, 2021, 12:38:58 PM »
That is the one thing Biden should focus on, is the border.
He whines about a virus, then allows COVID+ refugee's in to have a field day.
While also releasing dangerous inmates to prey on citizens.

Biden-><-Down Syndrome Kids

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: August 04, 2021, 01:04:26 PM »
If you like that, you'll go over the moon when you hear DeSantis rip Biden about coronavirus (I just heard it on a radio news clip). Basically, he said Biden should do his job and secure the border. Until he does that, he doesn't want to hear JACK from Sleepy Joe about the virus.

If Trump doesn't run again, DeSantis will be in the pole position to lead the GOP and take Biden down.

Just saw it too.   ;D

'I am standing in your way': DeSantis blasts Biden after president tells him to 'get out of the way' on COVID
Aug 4, 2021
https://www.wesh.com/article/watch-live-gov-desantis-and-deo-secretary-provide-update-on-state-of-floridas-economy/37223004#

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #137 on: August 04, 2021, 01:18:35 PM »
Just saw it too.   ;D

'I am standing in your way': DeSantis blasts Biden after president tells him to 'get out of the way' on COVID
Aug 4, 2021
https://www.wesh.com/article/watch-live-gov-desantis-and-deo-secretary-provide-update-on-state-of-floridas-economy/37223004#

I only heard the last few sentences of that presser on the radio. WOW!!

When you find Sleepy Joe's lips, glue them back in place, because DeSantis just slapped them clean off.

Again, NOW YOU SEE why the media has him in the crosshairs. They know that either he or Trump can clean his clock in 2024.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: August 04, 2021, 09:15:14 PM »
I only heard the last few sentences of that presser on the radio. WOW!!

When you find Sleepy Joe's lips, glue them back in place, because DeSantis just slapped them clean off.

Again, NOW YOU SEE why the media has him in the crosshairs. They know that either he or Trump can clean his clock in 2024.

No doubt.  They wouldn't be paying attention to him and attacking him if they didn't view him as a threat. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: August 06, 2021, 08:01:55 PM »

That might have been true 2 months ago

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #140 on: August 06, 2021, 08:04:19 PM »
That might have been true 2 months ago

And who would be the top dog for 2024, if Trump doesn't run?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: August 06, 2021, 08:06:18 PM »

AUGUST 3, 2021
By Jordan Davidson

. . . .

Personally, I know a person in ICU right now that is fighting for his life. His FB page is full of anti vaccine and anti covid posts.. he believed COVID was a hoax. He posted misleading information that he intentionally wanted to influence people to NOT get the vaccine. I hope he survives. I don't wish death upon any ignorant people. BUT ... if it has to be someone... the guy that tried to convince others NOT the get the vaccine that evidence overwhelming suggests is a good thing should be on the top of the list. Anyone disagree? and if so, state your reason

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: August 06, 2021, 09:26:44 PM »
Personally, I know a person in ICU right now that is fighting for his life. His FB page is full of anti vaccine and anti covid posts.. he believed COVID was a hoax. He posted misleading information that he intentionally wanted to influence people to NOT get the vaccine. I hope he survives. I don't wish death upon any ignorant people. BUT ... if it has to be someone... the guy that tried to convince others NOT the get the vaccine that evidence overwhelming suggests is a good thing should be on the top of the list. Anyone disagree? and if so, state your reason

You want people to explain why YOU think it's ok for someone to die from a disease because you disagree with their viewpoint.  Or justify why they don't want someone to die.  You are one sick mofo.  But I said that already. 

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: August 07, 2021, 04:33:57 AM »
Personally, I know a person in ICU right now that is fighting for his life. His FB page is full of anti vaccine and anti covid posts..

Must be true, facebook says so.  ::)

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: August 07, 2021, 05:14:52 AM »
And what part of this dont dumb-kvnts understand?

To blame non-Vax where its causing you to wear masks and have lockdowns, you're just lying to yourself.

-

(CNN) Fully vaccinated people who get a Covid-19 breakthrough infection can transmit the virus, US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky said Thursday.2 days ago

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Dumbbell Award:

::)==== ::)

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: August 07, 2021, 05:15:19 AM »

I'll bet there are a lot of brown shirts in your closet.  ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: August 09, 2021, 06:34:05 PM »
That's gangster.   ;D

Florida Gov. DeSantis to school officials: Enforce mask mandate, get your salaries withheld
Capital BureauUSA TODAY NETWORK – FLORIDA
Published Aug. 9, 2021
https://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/local/state/2021/08/09/florida-gov-desantis-threatens-salaries-school-superintendents-school-board-members-mask-mandates/5544903001/

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #147 on: August 09, 2021, 06:51:42 PM »
That's gangster.   ;D

Florida Gov. DeSantis to school officials: Enforce mask mandate, get your salaries withheld
Capital BureauUSA TODAY NETWORK – FLORIDA
Published Aug. 9, 2021
https://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/local/state/2021/08/09/florida-gov-desantis-threatens-salaries-school-superintendents-school-board-members-mask-mandates/5544903001/

So, let's see if these goofs are willing to lose some $$$$ from their schools and their own wallets to force kiddies to put on masks.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: August 09, 2021, 06:58:37 PM »
So, let's see if these goofs are willing to lose some $$$$ from their schools and their own wallets to force kiddies to put on masks.

They will likely fight it out in court. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: August 09, 2021, 07:00:41 PM »
I was thinking DeSantis/Rubio if Trump doesn't run, but what about DeSantis/Scott? 

GOP megadonors flock to Tim Scott, building 2024 buzz
Oracle's Larry Ellison is the biggest name in a group of major Republican donors sending big money to South Carolina's Scott.
By ALEX ISENSTADT
08/09/2021
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/08/09/tim-scott-mega-millions-fundraising-502764