Author Topic: California man who mocked COVID-19 vaccine dies of virus  (Read 1584 times)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: California man who mocked COVID-19 vaccine dies of virus
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2021, 11:14:37 AM »
Not exactly "just like (the) unvaxxed." While they may still spread the virus, doing so is far less likely. COVID symptoms include coughing and sneezing. If you have COVID but aren't sick, you are less apt to cough and sneeze. The virus is airborne.

So this supports the thought that asymptomatic transfer is extremely rare.

The central theme we have seen from a variety of mediums is that the large concern is the unvaccinated infecting others who are unvaccinated, or re-infecting the vaccinated.

The above statement would suggest this is easily avoidable by staying home if you show symptoms.
Y

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2021, 11:29:23 AM »
The fact that more than an estimated 3500-4000 (an extremely conservative number) have died from the vaccine since about Feb until now compared to all other vaccines (flu, etc) where that number is somewhere between 950-1300 have died in the last 10 years should tell you all something. And given the fact there have been no long term studies, Biden kissing Chinas ass

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2021, 11:36:28 AM »
So this supports the thought that asymptomatic transfer is extremely rare.

The central theme we have seen from a variety of mediums is that the large concern is the unvaccinated infecting others who are unvaccinated, or re-infecting the vaccinated.

The above statement would suggest this is easily avoidable by staying home if you show symptoms.

You are correct. However, many people who chose to not get vaccinated don't believe COVID19 is real. Even many of those who do think the virus is real, chose to not wear a mask or get vaccinated. What makes you think that someone this committed to bucking the system is going to self quarantine if they get infected?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2021, 11:46:00 AM »
You are correct. However, many people who chose to not get vaccinated don't believe COVID19 is real. Even many of those who do think the virus is real, chose to not wear a mask or get vaccinated. What makes you think that someone this committed to bucking the system is going to self quarantine if they get infected?

Many people who got vaccinated believe the virus started in a bat and went to humans.

In other words, it doesn't matter what they think.

Even so, I think those thinking it's "not real" are likely a very small minority, only amplified by social media.

Regardless, in your example of a maskless, super sneezer running roughshod through the indoors, the vaccinated should have zero to worry about, no?

What is the concern then?

Y

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2021, 12:01:42 PM »
In addition to the fact there was already 96%+ survival rate at 70+ and virtually O% chance with Children...nothing adds up, no conclusive science behind it

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2021, 12:04:03 PM »
Many people who got vaccinated believe the virus started in a bat and went to humans.

In other words, it doesn't matter what they think.

Even so, I think those thinking it's "not real" are likely a very small minority, only amplified by social media.

Regardless, in your example of a maskless, super sneezer running roughshod through the indoors, the vaccinated should have zero to worry about, no?

What is the concern then?

I don't think there is no chance one can get COVID once they have been vaccinated. There have already been cases of this happening. The likelihood of getting seriously ill is supposedly almost nil. For some, almost is not good enough. As long as there is a possibility of infected folks running roughshod through the indoors making vaccinated people sick, it is a concern.

My more cavalier look at this is that, by in large almost all of those who are getting seriously ill from COVID are the unvaccinated and if they aren't concerned about their health and wellbeing, why should I be?

There are people who routinely violate speed limits, why should this be of concern to me? Maybe, because these people increase the likelihood of a serious auto accident that involves other folks who weren't breaking the law, including myself. If I see someone breaking into the house next door is that any of my business? With respect to the fact that I could be the next house they break into, it is my business. See how this works?

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2021, 12:08:36 PM »
Multi-Millions mock it, a few die...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2021, 12:36:41 PM »

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2021, 12:38:22 PM »
I don't think there is no chance one can get COVID once they have been vaccinated. There have already been cases of this happening. The likelihood of getting seriously ill is supposedly almost nil. For some, almost is not good enough. As long as there is a possibility of infected folks running roughshod through the indoors making vaccinated people sick, it is a concern.

My more cavalier look at this is that, by in large almost all of those who are getting seriously ill from COVID are the unvaccinated and if they aren't concerned about their health and wellbeing, why should I be?

There are people who routinely violate speed limits, why should this be of concern to me? Maybe, because these people increase the likelihood of a serious auto accident that involves other folks who weren't breaking the law, including myself. If I see someone breaking into the house next door is that any of my business? With respect to the fact that I could be the next house they break into, it is my business. See how this works?

It's not a fair comparison, since the auto example and the break in are illegal, and much more likely to harm an innocent.  They aren't choosing to be victims here...unvaccinated folks know they are taking the risk.

My point is that if the unvaccinated asymptomatic transfer is rare, as well as vaccinated asymptomatic transfer being rare, and if the only true threat is blatantly sick folks in crowded areas, this should not be a crisis at this point.

As far as the overall cost to the nation - should we be able to publicly shame those who choose to be out of shape, fat, and eat like shit, booze, etc because they burden the health system, likely moreso than Covid ever could?

Y

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2021, 01:19:44 PM »
It's not a fair comparison, since the auto example and the break in are illegal, and much more likely to harm an innocent.  They aren't choosing to be victims here...unvaccinated folks know they are taking the risk.

My point is that if the unvaccinated asymptomatic transfer is rare, as well as vaccinated asymptomatic transfer being rare, and if the only true threat is blatantly sick folks in crowded areas, this should not be a crisis at this point.

As far as the overall cost to the nation - should we be able to publicly shame those who choose to be out of shape, fat, and eat like shit, booze, etc because they burden the health system, likely moreso than Covid ever could?

they are putting US ALL at risk and they are also preventing us from reaching herd immunity which is giving the virus more opportunities to evolve into ever stronger and more deadly variants

If we have to mask up, go back to remote learning, shut down restaurants, etc.. it will be SOLELY the fault of the unvaccinated.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2021, 01:21:40 PM »

Fair enough...mine was not a good comparison because not being vaccinated is not illegal. We can revisit this when it does become illegal.  ;D

Obesity is associated with the leading causes of death in the United States and worldwide, including diabetes, heart disease, stroke, and some types of cancer. This being said, the obese are a burden on the health system....so you are right again. This will likely never happen, but what if healthcare insurance came with an obesity exclusion? Do you think this would alter how people eat and otherwise take responsibility for their own health conditions?

Not making excuses for people who are grossly overweight, but we live in a time of where there is an overabundance of unhealthy foods while at the same time a lack of normal physical activity. This is a deadly combination.

A friend of mine was always "big' for as long as I've known her. She claims she was a 'beauty queen' when she was in her teens. I have seen her go from large and still agile to being morbidly obese and almost completely immobile....she gets around in a motorized chair. As you can imagine, the less mobile she became, the fatter she got. As far as I know, her obesity and poor  health is self inflicted, meaning it's not just some genetic fluke of nature. She has a likeable personality. When I look at her abstractly, I think that she's done this to herself is incomprehensible. Although, I am not rude enough to express my feelings to those in this situation, I admit I think less of them because of it.     

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2021, 01:29:13 PM »
they are putting US ALL at risk and they are also preventing us from reaching herd immunity which is giving the virus more opportunities to evolve into ever stronger and more deadly variants

If we have to mask up, go back to remote learning, shut down restaurants, etc.. it will be SOLELY the fault of the unvaccinated.
Why? Doesn't your vaccine protect you? ;D ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2021, 01:35:56 PM »

How are they putting us all at risk, based on what I posted?

And, we could be a lot closer to herd immunity if we didn't lock down for so long, letting people get exposed to a smaller viral load outside, which their immune systems could handle.
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2021, 01:40:43 PM »
Fair enough...mine was not a good comparison because not being vaccinated is not illegal. We can revisit this when it does become illegal.  ;D

Obesity is associated with the leading causes of death in the United States and worldwide, including diabetes, heart disease, stroke, and some types of cancer. This being said, the obese are a burden on the health system....so you are right again. This will likely never happen, but what if healthcare insurance came with an obesity exclusion? Do you think this would alter how people eat and otherwise take responsibility for their own health conditions?

Not making excuses for people who are grossly overweight, but we live in a time of where there is an overabundance of unhealthy foods while at the same time a lack of normal physical activity. This is a deadly combination.

A friend of mine was always "big' for as long as I've known her. She claims she was a 'beauty queen' when she was in her teens. I have seen her go from large and still agile to being morbidly obese and almost completely immobile....she gets around in a motorized chair. As you can imagine, the less mobile she became, the fatter she got. As far as I know, her obesity and poor  health is self inflicted, meaning it's not just some genetic fluke of nature. She has a likeable personality. When I look at her abstractly, I think that she's done this to herself is incomprehensible. Although, I am not rude enough to express my feelings to those in this situation, I admit I think less of them because of it.     

Thanks for the honesty.

I stand firmly that the government missed a YOOOGE opportunity to get people healthier, by giving out guidelines to combat this pandemic through increasing metabolic health.

A simple - get outside, get sunlight, supplement C/D/Zinc, maybe quercetin, drop weight, exercise, and avoid sugar, processed foods, and seed oils....

Covid is brutal to the obese, and with that messaging, I think we'd be much better off, and worrying much less about having to combat this with a rapidly produced antidote.
Y

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2021, 02:03:18 PM »
Thanks for the honesty.

I stand firmly that the government missed a YOOOGE opportunity to get people healthier, by giving out guidelines to combat this pandemic through increasing metabolic health.

A simple - get outside, get sunlight, supplement C/D/Zinc, maybe quercetin, drop weight, exercise, and avoid sugar, processed foods, and seed oils....

Covid is brutal to the obese, and with that messaging, I think we'd be much better off, and worrying much less about having to combat this with a rapidly produced antidote.

Yours are good ideas and suggestions in general. There are some people for whom it makes sense to get vaccinated in my opinion. Me being one of them. While I am definitely not obese and am generally very healthy, I've had life long respiratory issues that I believe make me more susceptible to having a seriously negative reaction to COVID....namely a long history of having pneumonia,  bronchitis, and asthma caused by allergies. My first battle with pneumonia was shortly after I was born. Because I was very premature, I was in an incubator at the hospital for a month or more and that's when I got pneumonia. According to what I've been told, once you have it you are more susceptible to it.     

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2021, 02:16:40 PM »
No, I don't understand it.  If I hang out with people who never got the polio vaccine can I get polio?

probably because we pretty much eradicated polio from this country

do you want to guess how we did that?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2021, 02:21:36 PM »
Why? Doesn't your vaccine protect you? ;D ;D

more protected than not being vaccinated
I'm still impacted like everyone else if we have to go back to wearing masks, dealing with lines due to social distancing, etc

and there is only one group to blame

Ask Republican Alabama Governor who she thinks is responsible

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2021, 02:38:53 PM »
Yours are good ideas and suggestions in general. There are some people for whom it makes sense to get vaccinated in my opinion. Me being one of them. While I am definitely not obese and am generally very healthy, I've had life long respiratory issues that I believe make me more susceptible to having a seriously negative reaction to COVID....namely a long history of having pneumonia,  bronchitis, and asthma caused by allergies. My first battle with pneumonia was shortly after I was born. Because I was very premature, I was in an incubator at the hospital for a month or more and that's when I got pneumonia. According to what I've been told, once you have it you are more susceptible to it.   

I agree there are plenty of reasons for people to get vaccinated. Hundred percent in agreement. But I think if you find yourself in a situation where are you can wait, that may be the best route as well.

If I was in a situation where I was traveling extensively, playing a major sport, on airplanes, in an office environment, or had family members who are high risk, sure.  Those aren’t my situations.
Y

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2021, 03:14:48 PM »
Stephen Harmon - "There is no Covid"

Covid - "There is no Stephen Harmon"

Oh well....

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2021, 05:03:17 PM »
more protected than not being vaccinated

Really? You can still get it, transmit it and die from it.  :D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2021, 03:58:16 AM »
Really? You can still get it, transmit it and die from it.  :D
75% in Singapore and 60% in Great Britain hospitalized are "fully vaccinated." :D