Author Topic: Bush Advisor Says President Has Legal Power to Torture Children  (Read 824 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Bush Advisor Says President Has Legal Power to Torture Children
« on: October 16, 2006, 12:56:59 AM »
John Yoo publicly argued there is no law that could prevent the President from ordering the torture of a child of a suspect in custody – including by crushing that child’s testicles.

This came out in response to a question in a December 1st debate in Chicago with Notre Dame professor and international human rights scholar Doug Cassel.

What is particularly chilling and revealing about this is that John Yoo was a key architect post-9/11 Bush Administration legal policy. As a deputy assistant to then-Attorney General John Ashcroft, John Yoo authored a number of legal memos arguing for unlimited presidential powers to order torture of captive suspects, and to declare war anytime, any where, and on anyone the President deemed a threat.

This part of the exchange during the debate with Doug Cassel, reveals the logic of Yoo’s theories, adopted by the Administration as bedrock principles, in the real world.

Cassel: If the President deems that he’s got to torture somebody, including by crushing the testicles of the person’s child, there is no law that can stop him?
Yoo: No treaty.
Cassel: Also no law by Congress. That is what you wrote in the August 2002 memo.
Yoo: I think it depends on why the President thinks he needs to do that.

http://rwor.org/downloads/file_info/download1.php?file=yoo_on_torture.mp3

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
Re: Bush Advisor Says President Has Legal Power to Torture Children
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 08:17:34 AM »
Bush is a good Christian, I don't know about all you but I'm doing what my preacher tells me and voting the bible!!!
S