Author Topic: Bush signs 'Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act'  (Read 888 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Bush signs 'Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act'
« on: December 01, 2006, 02:17:14 PM »
An endemic crackdown on peaceful protest and dissent has continued with President Bush signing the 'Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act,'. Under the guise of protecting researchers, scientists and their staff who conduct experiments and tests on animals, the latest terror bill seeks to class as "terrorists" those who seek to protest against such activities.

The bill expands criminal prohibitions against the use of force, violence, and threats involving animal enterprises and increases penalties for violations of these prohibitions. The operative term being "threats", because what an activist may see as protesting may be construed under the law to be threatening.

The Senate passed the bill by unanimous consent in September, just prior to the Congressional recess. A similar bill, H.R. 4239, was approved by the House of Representatives this month.

"It's depressing to know that, just because of our beliefs involving animals, we are going to be branded terrorists if we protest," said Lori Nitzel, a Madison attorney and executive director of Alliance for Animals, a statewide group that pledges nonviolence.

So wait - if we're allowed to torture terrorists... and we can now label anyone with a PETA sign a terrorist... does that mean that animal rights protestors can be waterboarded and have car batteries attached to their genitals?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: Bush signs 'Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act'
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 02:19:51 PM »
what do they label the guys who blow up doctors offices or clinics where abortions are performed?
w

sandycoosworth

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 02:21:58 PM »

So wait - if we're allowed to torture terrorists... and we can now label anyone with a PETA sign a terrorist... does that mean that animal rights protestors can be waterboarded and have car batteries attached to their genitals?

God I hope so!!!

ps Who do you think you are using a header >:( ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 02:22:23 PM »
what do they label the guys who blow up doctors offices or clinics where abortions are performed?

Well, the thing is, jag...

Those people are different.  Tree hugging democrats like to protest animal rights.  The nutjobs who blow up clinics happen to align with republican stances on issues.  So they're gonna go after the PETA people who hold up signs, before they deal with those who blow up clinics and maim and kill people.

You're canadian, so it probably won't make sense to you.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006, 02:32:20 PM »
Well, the thing is, jag...

Those people are different.  Tree hugging democrats like to protest animal rights.  The nutjobs who blow up clinics happen to align with republican stances on issues.  So they're gonna go after the PETA people who hold up signs, before they deal with those who blow up clinics and maim and kill people.

You're canadian, so it probably won't make sense to you.

Well, ...when I think of all the eMail I get from PETA despite my not having opted into their list, ...and despite my numerous attempts to get off their list, it makes perfect sense to me. I say fry those PETA fvckers. Taze them til the cows come home, then rip their skins off their backs while they're still breathing. Then cut up a pig, and make them eat it. Nuke their asses. That oughtta learn them good!  >:(

Gee, ...I'm sounding more and more American everyday.  Ain't it attractive? :)
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2006, 03:03:34 PM »
Gee, ...I'm sounding more and more American everyday.  Ain't it attractive? :)

Yes. I can almost smell the blood lust.