Author Topic: Greg Abbott calls for Gun Control.  (Read 5114 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Greg Abbott calls for Gun Control.
« on: May 18, 2018, 04:08:32 PM »
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/texas-politics/2018/05/18/minutes-after-santa-fe-school-shooting-texas-democrats-demand-talk-gun-control

AUSTIN — Texas Gov. Greg Abbott, speaking hours after the school shooting that left at least 10 people dead Friday, said he wants new guns laws "to make sure this tragedy is never repeated."

"We need to do more than just to pray for the victims and their families," Abbott, a Republican, said during a press conference near Santa Fe High School on Friday afternoon. The governor will begin holding roundtable discussions next week with "stakeholders to begin to work immediately on swift solutions to prevent tragedies like these from ever happening again."

Abbott said he'd been planning to roll out several proposals for new gun laws in Texas before the shooting, including "speeding up background checks" and keeping guns out of hands of those "who pose immediate danger." He also praised the mental health screening and preparedness protocols for students implemented at Lubbock Independent School District.

Abbott hopes the round table discussions will involve state lawmakers, educators, Second Amendment advocates and the victims and families of shootings, perhaps including survivors of the November massacre at the First Baptist Church of Sutherland Springs.

"I ask every parent out there, wherever you may be, to hold your children close tonight and let them know you love them," Abbott added, calling Friday's shooting "what has to be the worst disaster to ever strike this community."

Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick, also a Republican, said, "We have to look at the design of our schools moving forward and retrofitting schools that are already built. And what I mean by that is there are too many entrances and too many exits to our over 8,000 campuses in Texas."

"There aren't enough people to put a guard at every entrance and exit," Patrick added. "But if we can protect a large office building or a courthouse or any major facility, maybe we need to look at limiting the entrance and exits into our schools so that we can have law enforcement looking at people who come in one or two entrances."
X

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
Re: Greg Abbott calls for Gun Control.
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2018, 04:20:20 PM »
While we are at it lets throw in pit bulls as well

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 05:55:31 PM »
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/texas-politics/2018/05/18/minutes-after-santa-fe-school-shooting-texas-democrats-demand-talk-gun-control

AUSTIN — Texas Gov. Greg Abbott, speaking hours after the school shooting that left at least 10 people dead Friday, said he wants new guns laws "to make sure this tragedy is never repeated."

"We need to do more than just to pray for the victims and their families," Abbott, a Republican, said during a press conference near Santa Fe High School on Friday afternoon. The governor will begin holding roundtable discussions next week with "stakeholders to begin to work immediately on swift solutions to prevent tragedies like these from ever happening again."

Abbott said he'd been planning to roll out several proposals for new gun laws in Texas before the shooting, including "speeding up background checks" and keeping guns out of hands of those "who pose immediate danger." He also praised the mental health screening and preparedness protocols for students implemented at Lubbock Independent School District.

Abbott hopes the round table discussions will involve state lawmakers, educators, Second Amendment advocates and the victims and families of shootings, perhaps including survivors of the November massacre at the First Baptist Church of Sutherland Springs.

"I ask every parent out there, wherever you may be, to hold your children close tonight and let them know you love them," Abbott added, calling Friday's shooting "what has to be the worst disaster to ever strike this community."

Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick, also a Republican, said, "We have to look at the design of our schools moving forward and retrofitting schools that are already built. And what I mean by that is there are too many entrances and too many exits to our over 8,000 campuses in Texas."

"There aren't enough people to put a guard at every entrance and exit," Patrick added. "But if we can protect a large office building or a courthouse or any major facility, maybe we need to look at limiting the entrance and exits into our schools so that we can have law enforcement looking at people who come in one or two entrances."

This is EXACTLY why the right resists so much because Greg Abbott is a flat out liar. He's NOT operating in the scope of reality because NO gun laws will EVER prevent this tragedy from being repeated. It's disingenuous , ignorant and fanciful thinking because NO law can prevent mass murder and especially not gun laws.

This is why the left suck and the right ( which sucks too , resists so hard ) NONE of these " laws " would have prevented what happened. NONE!! Why? Because the kid stole his father's guns so backround checks would have done NOTHING. " keeping guns out of the hands of those who pose an immediate danger" would have done NOTHING. Why he stole his fathers guns. A so-called " Assault Weapons Ban " would have done NOTHING. Why? He used a shotgun & a revolver.

No proposed " laws " would have or could have prevented this. He's a mouthpiece to ignorance. You know how many fucking " laws " this kid broke already and anyone who says one more could have prevented this is an asshole fucking liar to needs to be publicly shamed , They're NOT interested in solutions.

Theft of firearms - illegal
Possession of firearms with a LTC - illegal
Procession of ammunition without a LTC - illegal
Entering a " Gun Free School Zone " with guns - illegal
Murder - illegal
Attempted Murder - illegal 

The ONLY solution to possibly minimizing this shit is to have men with guns at schools be it cops of security or whatever. Anything else is a fucking LIE , period end of sentence.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 05:57:55 PM »
Common fucking sense right there.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 06:15:03 PM »
Common fucking sense right there.

Exactly. This is the only " common sense " thing being proposed. Fucking people are allowing this to happen just to spite the right.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2018, 06:17:32 PM »
While we are at it lets throw in blacks as well

Now you're talking.
X

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2018, 06:46:41 PM »
Did Gov. Abbott actually propose gun control in his speech?  He said, "new gun laws."  Maybe the new laws will allow teachers to carry weapons in class.  Or, maybe the new laws will lower the buying age, so middle schoolers can arm themselves?   ???

Pressed for specifics on legislation, Abbott said he recently put together a policy paper on gun safety, which included proposals to "keep guns out of the hands of those who pose an immediate danger to others" and to provide "more resources to schools, to have safety personnel that are needed to respond." He added, "They include resources to address the mental health issues that are seemingly behind so many of these shootings."

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2018, 08:10:02 PM »
While we are at it lets throw in pit bulls as well
I would be more interested in euthanasia for the mentally ill than ban any weapons or hurt a pit bull

Bench

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2018, 07:43:09 AM »
Lt. Gov. told Mark Levin on his show that the injured said they needed to arm teachers.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2018, 10:07:39 AM »
If people want to kill they are going. Countries with no guns have people running around stabbing people. People use vehicles..its not going to stop. Guns are not the problem..its all people running around with these mental health issues. Also this bullying garbage is just that...grow a pair. Everyone has been bullied at one time or another. When i was in 5th grade and 8th grader was picking on me. He came to the house my dad pushed me out the door to fight him. I got a few shots in..got beat up..but guess what..he left me alone.
irongearco.com

werewolf operative

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2018, 10:13:44 AM »
I would be more interested in euthanasia for the mentally ill than ban any weapons or hurt a pit bull

Bench

Now you're talking.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2018, 12:34:29 PM »
How would even more gun laws stop what happened in Santa Fe?  A minor illegally possessing and handgun and a shotgun.

Are we going to institute background checks before someone is allowed to steal a gun?  Are we banning handguns and shotguns now?

Is there a way to make murder super-illegal?

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2018, 12:37:40 PM »
How would even more gun laws stop what happened in Santa Fe?  A minor illegally possessing and handgun and a shotgun.

Are we going to institute background checks before someone is allowed to steal a gun?  Are we banning handguns and shotguns now?

Is there a way to make murder super-illegal?
They need to enforce the current laws and make people responsible for their actions! This snowflake mentality of blaming others and pointing fingers and saying “bully” has to end or this will continue to get worse.

Bench

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2018, 04:39:49 PM »
If people want to kill they are going. Countries with no guns have people running around stabbing people. People use vehicles..its not going to stop. Guns are not the problem..its all people running around with these mental health issues. Also this bullying garbage is just that...grow a pair. Everyone has been bullied at one time or another. When i was in 5th grade and 8th grader was picking on me. He came to the house my dad pushed me out the door to fight him. I got a few shots in..got beat up..but guess what..he left me alone.
They need to enforce the current laws and make people responsible for their actions! This snowflake mentality of blaming others and pointing fingers and saying “bully” has to end or this will continue to get worse.

Bench
More common sense! :o
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2018, 04:52:38 PM »
The only thing the left understands

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2018, 05:44:31 PM »

This has been the narrative of the left all along. But they sure do want their armed protection

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2018, 05:45:26 PM »

Dan Patrick is an idiot. The reason school have many entrances is because of fire safety. Most trigger the fire alarm when opened, and can only be opened from the inside.
A

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2018, 05:55:13 PM »
Dan Patrick is an idiot. The reason school have many entrances is because of fire safety. Most trigger the fire alarm when opened, and can only be opened from the inside.
I don't think you understand the meaning of entrance.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2018, 06:28:15 PM »
I don't think you understand the meaning of entrance.
Door with fire locks on them? Windows with push out bars?  ???
This isn’t die hard, nobody is crawling around the air vents, or finding an open sun light.  ::)
A

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2018, 06:50:41 PM »
Door with fire locks on them? Windows with push out bars?  ???
This isn’t die hard, nobody is crawling around the air vents, or finding an open sun light.  ::)
How many entrances have you come across that only open from the inside and have alarms on them? Can you video yourself using one as here in California we don't have those.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2018, 08:22:49 PM »

yet another elite who is protected by people with not slingshots but guns
"

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2018, 08:29:31 PM »
How many entrances have you come across that only open from the inside and have alarms on them? Can you video yourself using one as here in California we don't have those.
Bullshit. I been to Cali you have these.
A