Getbig Misc Discussion Boards > Wrestling Board

Favorite Wrestling Managers

<< < (5/6) > >>

MCWAY:
I'd go with Heenan, Paul Bearer, and (because the extremely horny WWF cameramen), Sensational (Queen) Sherri and Sunny.

TheGrinch:

--- Quote from: liberty on June 11, 2021, 08:47:58 AM ---The Grand Wizard of Wrestling

--- End quote ---

dang, beat me to it =-)

Playboy:
How about Paul Ellering? He not only kayfabe managed the Warriors but took care of them outside the ring booking hotels, flights, rent-a-car, etc.

Montague:

--- Quote from: Playboy on June 24, 2021, 08:24:35 AM ---How about Paul Ellering? He not only kayfabe managed the Warriors but took care of them outside the ring booking hotels, flights, rent-a-car, etc.

--- End quote ---

I forgot all about that! Was Paul also part of the Zubaz company, too?

Heenan once told the story that The Missing Link asked him something like when his (Bobby's) flight was. Heenan told him, and Link responded, "Great. You just have to get there 45 mins early, and you can buy MY ticket."

Bobby said, "Why would I buy your ticket?"
Link replied, "Because part of my gimmick is I don't talk, and you're my manager."
Bobby said, "Only for 30-mins/night. YOU'D better learn to start talking."

MCWAY:

--- Quote from: Playboy on June 24, 2021, 08:24:35 AM ---How about Paul Ellering? He not only kayfabe managed the Warriors but took care of them outside the ring booking hotels, flights, rent-a-car, etc.

--- End quote ---

Paul Bearer did the same for the Undertaker.

Sunny did so for the Body Donnas (Skip, in particular). She even claimed that, because she made more money than a lot of the wrestlers (because she wasn't on a wrestlers' contract but on a different type), she upgraded some of the mid-carders at the time (Austin, Hemsley, and a few others) to first-class on flights.

And, she copped the bill for a lot of their meals. Jim Ross noticed an inordinate amount of chicken breasts and eggs on her expense account from the hotels.  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version