Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 755767 times)

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #6625 on: May 16, 2021, 01:58:09 PM »
This is what happens when people FUCK with Elon Musk. The guy is a modern day Lex Luthor (One of the world's smartest & richest man). Just the other day, he makes a post about not accepting Bitcoin in exchange for his Tesla cars. That drove Bitcoin down to the low $50,000's.

Today, a bunch of twitter crypto dweebs & trolls are poking him about being a dick by wanting to pump DOGE, while not giving Bitcoin its rightful due. In turn, Elon makes a tweet about how BTC is not only harmful to the environment, but almost killed a bunch of poor, Chinese miners.

What was that for?!? The price of Bitcoin as I make this post: $43,930.

I might find Elon Musk a bit odd at times (no surprise since he has Asperger's), but he is still pretty fucking awesome with all of his amazing achievements and his view towards the future. People need to realize that money doesn't mean the same to him as it means for the rest of us. For most, losing $100 Million USD is a massive tragedy. For him, it's chump change (literally about .07% of his wealth).

"1"

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #6626 on: May 16, 2021, 02:14:01 PM »
This is what happens when people FUCK with Elon Musk. The guy is a modern day Lex Luthor (One of the world's smartest & richest man). Just the other day, he makes a post about not accepting Bitcoin in exchange for his Tesla cars. That drove Bitcoin down to the low $50,000's.

Today, a bunch of twitter crypto dweebs & trolls are poking him about being a dick by wanting to pump DOGE, while not giving Bitcoin its rightful due. In turn, Elon makes a tweet about how BTC is not only harmful to the environment, but almost killed a bunch of poor, Chinese miners.

I might find Elon Musk a bit odd at times (no surprise since he has Asperger's), but he is still pretty fucking awesome with all of his amazing achievements and his view towards the future. People need to realize that money doesn't mean the same to him as it means for the rest of us. For most, losing $100 Million USD is a massive tragedy. For him, it's chump change (literally about .07% of his wealth).

"1"

Without government subsidies his car company wouldn't post a profit. Take a look at the cyber truck reveal.again. cringe.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #6627 on: May 16, 2021, 02:19:46 PM »
Without government subsidies his car company wouldn't post a profit. Take a look at the cyber truck reveal.again. cringe.

But it's more than that right?

SpaceX, NeuroLink, Tesla, PayPal etc.. The guy has relationships with governments and NASA.

He's too deeply entrenched. Kind of too big to fail, at least at this moment in time. Jeff Bezos isn't even at his level.

"1"

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6628 on: May 16, 2021, 02:28:46 PM »
Bullrun over or just a correction?

Everyone is crazy bearish.

Everyone is certain it’s going into the 30s.

Everyone is certain they are buying the dip much lower than the price today.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #6629 on: May 16, 2021, 02:30:53 PM »
$ 44,598.66

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6630 on: May 16, 2021, 02:51:59 PM »

SpaceX, NeuroLink, Tesla, PayPal etc.. The guy has relationships with governments and NASA.

He's too deeply entrenched. Kind of too big to fail, at least at this moment in time. Jeff Bezos isn't even at his level.

"1"

Yep, I’m with you in that.

I wouldn’t bet against the guy most likely to be the first to have his own planet lol.

Doesn’t mean I like seeing him burn innocent people in Doge but give the crypto market another 5yrs and it might be big enough to ease up on some of these pump and dumps.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6631 on: May 16, 2021, 03:13:03 PM »
Everyone is crazy bearish.

Everyone is certain it’s going into the 30s.

Everyone is certain they are buying the dip much lower than the price today.

Guess it's blast off time soon

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6632 on: May 16, 2021, 03:24:07 PM »

"1"

Fair enough.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #6633 on: May 16, 2021, 03:27:09 PM »
What is causing BTC to crash right now?

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6634 on: May 16, 2021, 03:29:40 PM »
Guess it's blast off time soon

Yup.

46k close in just over an hour.

That’s the bottom.

I took an ETH margin position at 3,380.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6635 on: May 16, 2021, 03:40:08 PM »
Yup.

46k close in just over an hour.

That’s the bottom.

I took an ETH margin position at 3,380.

Right on brother.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #6636 on: May 16, 2021, 03:44:17 PM »
Rumor that Elon is going to dump Tesla's Bitcoin is going around Twitter.

"1"

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6637 on: May 16, 2021, 03:56:00 PM »
Rumor that Elon is going to dump Tesla's Bitcoin is going around Twitter.

"1"

Good riddance.

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6638 on: May 16, 2021, 04:06:59 PM »

"1"

Right here shows me you are very new to this space. Wright, Ver, Jihan Wu ... each one who thought they were bigger than bitcoin has flounced out in rage-quits of indomitable style ... Musk's is shaping up to be epic.

musk doesn't know shit about bitcoin's architecture, as he's making plain with the demonstration of ignorance right now. Why doesn't he post some code on github (could even pay an army of chinese hackers to write it), he's so full of shit right now it's almost impressive to watch the flames shooting out his arse.

Elon couldnt give two shits about retards on twitter poking  fun at him.  I can tell you its the smarter people than him in btc space exposing him as a fool that creeps under his skin.

This is a lesson you will  learn moving forward.

1. BTC is bigger than any nefarious actor.
2. This is a prelude to watching your shitcoins dump much harder than btc in the next bear  cycle.

Edit: Im pretty pissed...atleast with Ver, wright I got free forked coins I could convert into BTC.  This debacle has left me with nothing but a cheaper buying price.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #6639 on: May 16, 2021, 04:18:18 PM »
Right here shows me you are very new to this space. Wright, Ver, Jihan Wu ... each one who thought they were bigger than bitcoin has flounced out in rage-quits of indomitable style ... Musk's is shaping up to be epic.

musk doesn't know shit about bitcoin's architecture, as he's making plain with the demonstration of ignorance right now. Why doesn't he post some code on github (could even pay an army of chinese hackers to write it), he's so full of shit right now it's almost impressive to watch the flames shooting out his arse.

Elon couldnt give two shits about retards on twitter poking  fun at him.  I can tell you its the smarter people than him in btc space exposing him as a fool that creeps under his skin.

This is a lesson you will  learn moving forward.

1. BTC is bigger than any nefarious actor.
2. This is a prelude to watching your shitcoins dump much harder than btc in the next bear  cycle.

You're right. I'm very new to this space. I've made it clear in this thread multiple times that I've just entered cryptocurrencies during the last 6 months.

I've invested in many coins, Bitcoin included. What I haven't done is thrown more than 10% of my portfolio at cryptos.

What I don't agree with you is the notion that Bitcoin is bigger than "any" nefarious actor. Elon isn't "some" nefarious actor. I think he is the puppet master. Like others have said, this is his simulation and we're all just living in it. As big as bitcoin is to those that actively invest in crypto, don't forget that the TOTAL amount of circulating money in the world denominated in USD by way of Trillions is estimated to be at around $120 Trillion. If the crypto ecosystem only has about $2.1 Trillion, I think it's fair to say that the world and people like Elon Musk is WAY bigger than the entire crypto ecosystem.

Aside from cryptocurrencies, I also believe in the USA. While cryptocurrencies could be the way of the future when it comes to money, I'm not completely sure that decentralized digital currency will become the new money of tomorrow. There's a reason the USA is what it is on the world scale with its world reserve currency. While its made many mistakes, I still think the true master of masters is the USA. Even cryptos have a long way to go before claiming victory in this realm. Then there's also the issue of centralized banks and their own view of what cryptos could become and whether their own form of digital fed coins will become a reality.

"1"

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #6640 on: May 16, 2021, 04:30:30 PM »
What is causing BTC to crash right now?
People are idiots and selling because of a little FUD because of Elon's tweet about BTC not being energy inefficient.

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6641 on: May 16, 2021, 04:36:13 PM »
You're right. I'm very new to this space. I've made it clear in this thread multiple times that I've just entered cryptocurrencies during the last 6 months.

I've invested in many coins, Bitcoin included. What I haven't done is thrown more than 10% of my portfolio at cryptos.

What I don't agree with you is the notion that Bitcoin is bigger than "any" nefarious actor. Elon isn't "some" nefarious actor. I think he is the puppet master. Like others have said, this is his simulation and we're all just living in it. As big as bitcoin is to those that actively invest in crypto, don't forget that the TOTAL amount of circulating money in the world denominated in USD by way of Trillions is estimated to be at around $120 Trillion. If the crypto ecosystem only has about $2.1 Trillion, I think it's fair to say that the world and people like Elon Musk is WAY bigger than the entire crypto ecosystem.

Aside from cryptocurrencies, I also believe in the USA. While cryptocurrencies could be the way of the future when it comes to money, I'm not completely sure that decentralized digital currency will become the new money of tomorrow. There's a reason the USA is what it is on the world scale with its world reserve currency. While its made many mistakes, I still think the true master of masters is the USA. Even cryptos have a long way to go before claiming victory in this realm. Then there's also the issue of centralized banks and their own view of what cryptos could become and whether their own form of digital fed coins will a reality.

"1"

You're  a smart guy, no doubt a numbers man.

21 million coins
18million mined
4 million lost forever
14 in circulation
2.8million on exchanges
Elon musk/Tesla holdings 35k btc

Safe to say he can shake the market, no way shape or form is he breaking it. Enjoy the ride, you'll  learn alot from it going into  the next halving 2024-2025.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #6642 on: May 16, 2021, 04:38:03 PM »
Thanks Elon Musk.

His followers are sick for giving this lunatic the time of day.
People are idiots for selling because of his tweets. They only have themselves to blame. I have literally sold nothing the past week because of his tweets. Don't be his bitch.

I will admit thought that I buy when he tweets also because I know people are going to be drones and flock to stuff like Doge. For me it is an opportunity to make money. I guess I should have sold right after his tweet about BTC because of the opportunity to buy the dip and accumulate even more crypto.

Bottom line though is "Don't Panic."

I have heard rumors that Elon might be planning to setup a sustainable, energy efficient mining farm. This should be welcomed. I know Michael Saylor says a lot of energy is wasted anyway and of no benefit so Bitcoin is just consuming the wasted portion. But that's not how green freaks and governments are going to view it. So just beat them at their own game and build power plants that run off the sun, water, wind etc. Bitcoin billionaires should make it happen and it can benefit society. That will be a huge win for them.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #6643 on: May 16, 2021, 04:39:32 PM »
Would love to see Saylor debate Musk!

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #6644 on: May 16, 2021, 04:42:11 PM »

Aside from cryptocurrencies, I also believe in the USA. While cryptocurrencies could be the way of the future when it comes to money, I'm not completely sure that decentralized digital currency will become the new money of tomorrow. There's a reason the USA is what it is on the world scale with its world reserve currency. While its made many mistakes, I still think the true master of masters is the USA. Even cryptos have a long way to go before claiming victory in this realm. Then there's also the issue of centralized banks and their own view of what cryptos could become and whether their own form of digital fed coins will become a reality.

"1"
Does that $120 trillion include derivatives? It's not real money. The entire world economy is a pyramid scheme that needs an influx of new suckers to keep it going.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #6645 on: May 16, 2021, 04:42:44 PM »
I loaded up.  Waiting for the Bitcoin pump over 100K.  I'mma be......................

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #6646 on: May 16, 2021, 04:47:58 PM »
I loaded up.  Waiting for the Bitcoin pump over 100K.  I'mma be......................

What movie is that from? The one with the joker looking character?

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #6647 on: May 16, 2021, 04:51:13 PM »
What movie is that from? The one with the joker looking character?

Joker was from the first (shitty) Suicide Squad movie.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #6648 on: May 16, 2021, 04:59:18 PM »
You're  a smart guy, no doubt a numbers man.

You're very generous sir, thank you. I'm an accountant (CPA by trade), so in that respect, yes, I am a numbers man.

Smart guy? I'm just like everyone else. Ask me about the tax code and I'll seem like a genius. Debate me in economics and we'll have a lot of fun. Ask me about technical analysis for any stock and we'll have a blast. Ask me about a crap load of other subjects and I'll be a fish out of water.

21 million coins
18million mined
4 million lost forever
14 in circulation
2.8million on exchanges
Elon musk/Tesla holdings 35k btc

Safe to say he can shake the market, no way shape or form is he breaking it. Enjoy the ride, you'll  learn alot from it going into  the next halving 2024-2025.

Frankly, I've entered the crypto ecosystem at a point in time where first-generation cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin that function via proof-of-work are becoming more and more obsolete by way of the direction in which the world is heading with regards to energy consumption.

Now you are having second and third-generation cryptocurrencies slowly saturating the space and like anything else, the old guard mainly being Bitcoin (The Godfather of cryptocurrencies - essentially the world Reserve currency of cryptocurrencies) is starting to show signs of wear and tear. Now you have proof of stake and proof of authority creeping into the system showing that first generation cryptos, like BTC, might essentially not fit into the world of tomorrow. We live in a society where this new liberal agenda is pushing towards a green new deal with a plan to reduce carbon emissions and to push for the welcoming of electric vehicles and manufacturing that is less polluting of our world. Even China, the world's leading powerhouse in trade, has a 5-year plan that seeks to also reduce pollutants and carbon emissions, while also digitalizing their Yuan.

What I've done is simply diversify my crypto portfolio as to not assume that what has worked yesterday will continue to work tomorrow. Bitcoin has made many of you wealthy. For that, I am happy. But like all wells, sooner or later the water runs dry. I seek to instead learn from the ongoing evolution of this space.

Like I've said before in this thread, I'm not placing all my hopes and dreams on Bitcoin. I'm instead looking at projects that can change the face of economies throughout continents. Bitcoin might have a role in all of this, but garner enough big and nefarious enemies like say Elon Musk, The US Federal Reserve, The US government, China, India and the Bank of England..... AND sooner or later the crypto ecosystem will find it hard to stay above water. Not saying it will happen that way for sure, but it could always go down that route.

"1"

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #6649 on: May 16, 2021, 07:00:46 PM »
This drama around Elongate is pretty entertaining. Sure people are losing money, especially those that went long on the bitcoin price, but why even play that game.

Elon pumped bitcoin to a ridiculous ATH and now he's dumped it. Had he done nothing bitcoin would be probably be sitting around the 35k range. Price wise he's been good for bitcoin, but he's definitely hurt its reputation.