Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 755548 times)

Mayday

• Getbig IV
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #6650 on: May 16, 2021, 07:32:24 PM »
Right on brother.

Aaaaand I exited shortly after lol.

Looks like that 42k is inbound afterall.

I recall last time a similar thing happened even I started to ask myself if I just got caught caught by a top. The weekly was good so at least for now it’s ok even with a dip.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #6651 on: May 16, 2021, 07:42:15 PM »
I don't care if the BTC price tanks and it takes 4 years to get to the next bull market.  I'm not selling.  Bitcoin is here to stay and Elon's trolling isn't going to stop it.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #6652 on: May 16, 2021, 07:49:43 PM »
Aaaaand I exited shortly after lol.

Looks like that 42k is inbound afterall.

I recall last time a similar thing happened even I started to ask myself if I just got caught caught by a top. The weekly was good so at least for now it’s ok even with a dip.

Thats part of the game man. My stop loss was hit as well. Went back into stable coin. It is what it is.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6653 on: May 16, 2021, 07:54:23 PM »
I don't care if the BTC price tanks and it takes 4 years to get to the next bull market.  I'm not selling.  Bitcoin is here to stay and Elon's trolling isn't going to stop it.

Agree - I'm in until next boom 2025.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6654 on: May 16, 2021, 07:56:40 PM »
You're very generous sir, thank you. I'm an accountant (CPA by trade), so in that respect, yes, I am a numbers man.

Smart guy? I'm just like everyone else. Ask me about the tax code and I'll seem like a genius. Debate me in economics and we'll have a lot of fun. Ask me about technical analysis for any stock and we'll have a blast. Ask me about a crap load of other subjects and I'll be a fish out of water.

Frankly, I've entered the crypto ecosystem at a point in time where first-generation cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin that function via proof-of-work are becoming more and more obsolete by way of the direction in which the world is heading with regards to energy consumption.

Now you are having second and third-generation cryptocurrencies slowly saturating the space and like anything else, the old guard mainly being Bitcoin (The Godfather of cryptocurrencies - essentially the world Reserve currency of cryptocurrencies) is starting to show signs of wear and tear. Now you have proof of stake and proof of authority creeping into the system showing that first generation cryptos, like BTC, might essentially not fit into the world of tomorrow. We live in a society where this new liberal agenda is pushing towards a green new deal with a plan to reduce carbon emissions and to push for the welcoming of electric vehicles and manufacturing that is less polluting of our world. Even China, the world's leading powerhouse in trade, has a 5-year plan that seeks to also reduce pollutants and carbon emissions, while also digitalizing their Yuan.

What I've done is simply diversify my crypto portfolio as to not assume that what has worked yesterday will continue to work tomorrow. Bitcoin has made many of you wealthy. For that, I am happy. But like all wells, sooner or later the water runs dry. I seek to instead learn from the ongoing evolution of this space.

Like I've said before in this thread, I'm not placing all my hopes and dreams on Bitcoin. I'm instead looking at projects that can change the face of economies throughout continents. Bitcoin might have a role in all of this, but garner enough big and nefarious enemies like say Elon Musk, The US Federal Reserve, The US government, China, India and the Bank of England..... AND sooner or later the crypto ecosystem will find it hard to stay above water. Not saying it will happen that way for sure, but it could always go down that route.

"1"

Economics and capitalism dictate that BTC will be mined almost entirely with renewable energy in the future. HODL and stack stats during dips and you will be fine.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #6655 on: May 16, 2021, 08:01:53 PM »

Expect this shit. for a while. When the big boys bought in it became a hugely manipulated market. The super rich fucks are now having a swinging dick contest

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6656 on: May 16, 2021, 08:05:09 PM »
Expect this shit. for a while. When the big boys bought in it became a hugely manipulated market. The super rich fucks are now having a swinging dick contest

This. They poisoned the well.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6657 on: May 16, 2021, 08:05:28 PM »
Musk's new business title = Chief Manipulator of coin.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6658 on: May 16, 2021, 08:07:10 PM »
This. They poisoned the well.

I'm my view it was all those who bought alts "because they are cheaper" that poisoned it. (Which is why in every cycle, alts eventually get destroyed and market collectively reverts back to BTC).

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #6659 on: May 16, 2021, 08:07:46 PM »
Economics and capitalism dictate that BTC will be mined almost entirely with renewable energy in the future. HODL and stack stats during dips and you will be fine.

But have you considered that more versatile forms of crypto with better utilization & scalability could possibly dethrone BitCoin?

Remember, I hold BTC + 6 other altcoins in my portfolio, so my interest is for it to succeed, but I am able to appreciate that better forms of crypto are being developed that could be more useful than BTC.

I know that for years, BTC has been the father of all cryptos, but why marry it? I know you're heavily vested in it and have upwards of 45+ BTC coins (which at the most recent ATH of $64K, would have already made you a millionaire, albeit to the tune of $2.3 Million after taxes, assuming you live in the USA). Since you're generously vested in BTC, what is your exit strategy assuming it doesn't live to its potential?

"1"

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6660 on: May 16, 2021, 08:09:19 PM »
But have you considered that more versatile forms of crypto with better utilization & scalability could possibly dethrone BitCoin?

Remember, I hold BTC + 6 other altcoins in my portfolio, so my interest is for it to succeed, but I am able to appreciate that better forms of crypto are being developed that could be more useful than BTC.

I know that for years, BTC has been the father of all cryptos, but why marry it? I know you're heavily vested in it and have upwards of 45+ BTC coins (which at the most recent ATH of $64K, would have already made you a millionaire, albeit to the tune of $2.3 Million after taxes, assuming you live in the USA). Since you're generously vested in BTC, what is your exit strategy assuming it doesn't live to its potential?

"1"

He said he would hold it to zero.

And you are right,  thats why I told people to take profits. You never know. You can always buy back in if it really will fly to the moon.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6661 on: May 16, 2021, 08:14:45 PM »
I'm my view it was all those who bought alts "because they are cheaper" that poisoned it. (Which is why in every cycle, alts eventually get destroyed and market collectively reverts back to BTC).

Can you please lease elaborate how buying ethereum poisoned the well for bitcoin other than because they are cheaper. Or is that the only reason?

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6662 on: May 16, 2021, 08:17:48 PM »

"1"

Very hard to dethrone in my view. No new coin can every claim to be the "original Bitcoin". BTC has BY FAR, the biggest and broadest adoption, infrastructure, and most important developers and related contributors. In 10, 20 years BTC will still be (and always will be) the original and classic blockchain currency.

In terms of any successor, its almost possible to predict among the alts (even though many may think they can do so).

*In terms of taxes, I pay zero (as I have structured my tax residence in a zero tax on capital gains / foreign income jurisdiction).

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6663 on: May 16, 2021, 08:21:14 PM »
Can you please lease elaborate how buying ethereum poisoned the well for bitcoin other than because they are cheaper. Or is that the only reason?

Any alt constitutes a dilution of BTC. Its best for BTC if we are all maximalists. (The opposite extreme would be that we have an infinite number of new coins, all with virtually zero value)

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #6664 on: May 16, 2021, 08:21:38 PM »
Musk - one of the founders of Paypal - continues his destruction of BTC. Cryptocultists getting butthurt.

In my opinion...time to start thinking about when TSLA announced they were buying BTC as a top, generated by one of the richest people in the world to make probably hundreds of millions.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #6665 on: May 16, 2021, 08:41:20 PM »

Bitcoin would still be fighting to break 10k if the alt/get rich quick money didn't funnel it's way back to the top.

Bitcoin for now the infinite pyramid glitch.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6666 on: May 16, 2021, 08:42:34 PM »
Musk - one of the founders of Paypal - continues his destruction of BTC. Cryptocultists getting butthurt.

In my opinion...time to start thinking about when TSLA announced they were buying BTC as a top, generated by one of the richest people in the world to make probably hundreds of millions.

He got the booted from PayPal because he's a social tard.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #6667 on: May 16, 2021, 08:55:16 PM »
He got the booted from PayPal because he's a social tard.

And look where he is now vs paypal. I'd rather him on my side than as opposition. That said it's time to take a mini break from crypto shitfest he's created and put my money into something more sensible like GME and AMC.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6668 on: May 16, 2021, 09:02:39 PM »
Mass carnage today. God damn. Am I still being a drama queen? Lol

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6669 on: May 16, 2021, 09:05:21 PM »
And look where he is now vs paypal. I'd rather him on my side than as opposition. That said it's time to take a mini break from crypto shitfest he's created and put my money into something more sensible like GME and AMC.

That still doesn't make him any less a social tard.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #6670 on: May 16, 2021, 09:12:46 PM »
Mass carnage today. God damn. Am I still being a drama queen? Lol
Yes you are. Take a deep breath. This is why it is sometimes better to just hodl and not trade. Or dollar cost average into crypto.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #6671 on: May 16, 2021, 09:15:26 PM »
Great great show by Bitboy. He has really built an awesome channel (over 1 million subscribers now) and the new format of "Around the Blockchain" and now bringing on the Token Metrics guys side by side with him is just fantastic. None of them are wearing masks either and sitting shoulder to shoulder. LOL!

Onemorerep has been talking about Polygon and it looks like a smart move to get into that.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #6672 on: May 16, 2021, 09:17:13 PM »
Any alt constitutes a dilution of BTC. Its best for BTC if we are all maximalists. (The opposite extreme would be that we have an infinite number of new coins, all with virtually zero value)
Yes that is a point Saylor also made. Miners will have an incentive to lower their operating costs by going green.

Hopefully Bitcoin will recover soon. Not going to lie I do like Ethereum gaining on BTC but part of that reason is I want to get BTC for a bargain. I will load up on BTC once it looks like the ETH to BTC ratio has stalled out.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #6673 on: May 16, 2021, 09:26:27 PM »

His net worth went down $30 billion overnight in February. Making hundreds of millions for someone at his level is meaningless. They aim for tens of billions in gains not hundreds of millions.

https://www.thewrap.com/how-elon-musk-lost-30-billion-overnight-and-the-title-of-worlds-richest-man/

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #6674 on: May 16, 2021, 09:30:17 PM »
Very hard to dethrone in my view.

bitcoin is like a material constituent (blockchain) constructing the throne upon which diem is seated and will operate.

the goal has always been the creation of a blockchain infrastructure – by which humanity may b imprisoned.

tards will tard.