Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 764913 times)

obsidian

• Getbig V
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #9775 on: September 12, 2023, 07:24:38 PM »

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9776 on: September 14, 2023, 04:28:12 PM »
How are you calculating that? Looking at the chart, it dropped about 42.68%

https://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculators/algebra/percentage-decrease-calculator.php

Wick to wick from 2021 peak.

Wick to wick from the recent peak is a -58% dump. That’s -58% after winning the biggest and years long law suit with the SEC.

It did nothing different to DOGE since the bottom.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #9777 on: September 14, 2023, 04:31:42 PM »
Wick to wick from 2021 peak.

Wick to wick from the recent peak is a -58% dump. That’s -58% after winning the biggest and years long law suit with the SEC.

It did nothing different to DOGE since the bottom.
You said it dropped -76% after winning the SEC case. The way I read that is you are saying since winning the case a few months ago it dropped 76%. But it dropped around 42%.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9778 on: September 14, 2023, 10:28:40 PM »
XRP (or rather Ripple, who issued illegal securities in the form of XRP "tokens") didn't win any case against the SEC. The case is still running. However, there was one part of the judgement which many people without legal knowledge interpreted as being positive for the legitimacy (or non-illegality) of trading illegally issued securities. That part of the judgement was very obviously wrong, and the SEC will appeal, and obviously will win on that point.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9779 on: September 15, 2023, 12:53:00 PM »
You said it dropped -76% after winning the SEC case. The way I read that is you are saying since winning the case a few months ago it dropped 76%. But it dropped around 42%.

I did. A poor error when I grabbed the wrong wick on my tiny iPhone screen.

The wick to wick dump post SEC is -58% on Kraken.

It did nothing different to DOGE but maxis with blinkers on can’t see that. And gib is right, it wasn’t a win for everything but only 1 part.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #9780 on: September 15, 2023, 03:25:57 PM »
XRP (or rather Ripple, who issued illegal securities in the form of XRP "tokens") didn't win any case against the SEC. The case is still running. However, there was one part of the judgement which many people without legal knowledge interpreted as being positive for the legitimacy (or non-illegality) of trading illegally issued securities. That part of the judgement was very obviously wrong, and the SEC will appeal, and obviously will win on that point.
It was a partial win for Ripple according to many sources. Here's what Judge Torres said:

"Torres ruled that Ripple's XRP sales on public cryptocurrency exchanges were not offers of securities under the law, because purchasers did not have a reasonable expectation of profit tied to Ripple's efforts.

Those sales were "blind bid/ask transactions," she said, in which buyers "could not have known if their payments of money went to Ripple, or any other seller of XRP."

The SEC appealed. We'll see what happens. Ripple can also appeal. btw.

Ripple Labs notches landmark win in SEC case over XRP cryptocurrency
https://www.reuters.com/legal/us-judge-says-sec-lawsuit-vs-ripple-labs-can-proceed-trial-some-claims-2023-07-13/

Gib, Bitcoin Maxis are their own worse enemies. All crypto projects need to stand together against the tyranny of governments. When has the SEC ever protected investors? Why are Bitcoin Maxis championing the SEC? Are they too dumb to realize governments will be coming after Bitcoin also if they succeed in suppressing alts?

Don't be divided and conquered! I want to see all crypto projects succeed, including Bitcoin.

French

• Getbig IV
  • Solana @ 2000$
« Reply #9781 on: September 15, 2023, 11:28:41 PM »
I hold 1400 SOL in a hard wallet ledger.
I hope to be a millionaire one day.
$

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #9782 on: September 17, 2023, 04:11:17 AM »
It was a partial win for Ripple according to many sources. Here's what Judge Torres said:

"Torres ruled that Ripple's XRP sales on public cryptocurrency exchanges were not offers of securities under the law, because purchasers did not have a reasonable expectation of profit tied to Ripple's efforts.

Those sales were "blind bid/ask transactions," she said, in which buyers "could not have known if their payments of money went to Ripple, or any other seller of XRP."

The SEC appealed. We'll see what happens. Ripple can also appeal. btw.

Ripple Labs notches landmark win in SEC case over XRP cryptocurrency
https://www.reuters.com/legal/us-judge-says-sec-lawsuit-vs-ripple-labs-can-proceed-trial-some-claims-2023-07-13/

Gib, Bitcoin Maxis are their own worse enemies. All crypto projects need to stand together against the tyranny of governments. When has the SEC ever protected investors? Why are Bitcoin Maxis championing the SEC? Are they too dumb to realize governments will be coming after Bitcoin also if they succeed in suppressing alts?

Don't be divided and conquered! I want to see all crypto projects succeed, including Bitcoin.

Correct.

But they are the equivalent of religious fundamentalists and attempting to debate with them is a waste of time.

They fail to understand basic human psychology and how a free market functions.

In their minds only one cryptocurrency can exist in a market which has zero competition, alternatives, choices or different uses for consumers.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #9783 on: September 17, 2023, 11:06:25 AM »

Swallow the L brother Gib. Best not to say anything until it get overturned. (I agree with you btw, but from my own trading point of view I'd rather see the judgment stand)

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9784 on: September 18, 2023, 09:00:39 AM »
Great clip here:

i=Vb0006d2P863JfL9

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9785 on: September 20, 2023, 06:01:58 AM »

Anyway…..

Here is where I’m at for some narrowed down peak BTC price periods

April 2024
Mid-late 2027

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #9786 on: September 20, 2023, 06:17:46 AM »
Great clip here:

i=Vb0006d2P863JfL9

Yep, great clip, this tard who leveraged up his company to buy BTC at 50k and is down 2 billion at the moment must be in the know... ;D

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #9787 on: September 21, 2023, 01:19:22 AM »
Yep, great clip, this tard who leveraged up his company to buy BTC at 50k and is down 2 billion at the moment must be in the know... ;D
Saylor is looking more and more haggard as time goes on. Dude must be drinking himself into a stupor every night!

Mohammed Omari

• Getbig III
  • Ham-ass
« Reply #9788 on: September 21, 2023, 01:31:44 AM »
Just lol at all you dorkus malorkuses floundering around in a panic about your imaginary coins and how to launder money, etc. Ask me how much money I made last year through spice trading. I dare you.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #9789 on: September 29, 2023, 02:52:51 PM »
https://cryptobriefing.com/sec-rushes-ethereum-futures-etf-approvals-before-government-shutdown/

SEC Rushes Ethereum Futures ETF Approvals Before Government Shutdown

Ethereum futures ETFs to launch next week amid SEC rush.

The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is rushing to approve Ethereum products before the government shutdown on October 1st, according to Bloomberg ETF expert Eric Balchunas. Valkyrie, VanEck, ProShares, Bitwise, Hashdex, and Volatility Shares all expect to begin trading their Ether futures ETFs on Monday.

Today, Valkyrie’s chief investment officer Steven McClurg told Reuters that the investment manager obtained SEC approval to convert its existing Bitcoin futures fund into an ETF investing in both Bitcoin and Ethereum futures. The renamed Valkyrie Bitcoin and Ether Strategy ETF (BTF) will start trading on the NYSE on October 2.

McClurg said that rival asset managers VanEck and ProShares have also received approval from the SEC to list their Ether futures ETFs.

VanEck filed for the VanEck Ethereum Strategy ETF (EFUT), which will be the first active ETH futures ETF with the lowest expense ratio of 0.6%.

Rivals ProShares and Bitwise have also announced filings for three and two Ethereum ETFs respectively, pending SEC approval.

Additionally, Hashdex and Volatility Shares ETFs linked to Ethereum futures are also slated to begin trading on Monday, according to Bloomberg analyst James Seyffart. Hashdex partnered with Kelly ETFs on an Ether ETF called EX, while Volatility Shares’ ETHU will charge the highest fee at 1.1%.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #9790 on: October 03, 2023, 11:51:39 PM »

Sorry bro. The motion by the SEC for an interlocutory appeal has been DENIED

Add to that ETH futures ETFs are now live, so very unlikely that ETH gets declared a security. Multiple Ls...

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #9791 on: October 04, 2023, 10:19:00 AM »
Now it is official! What do you say?!

https://www.reuters.com/legal/us-sec-cannot-appeal-ripple-labs-decision-judge-rules-2023-10-04/

US SEC cannot appeal Ripple Labs decision, judge rules

NEW YORK, Oct 3 (Reuters) - A federal judge on Tuesday refused to let the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission appeal her recent decision involving Ripple Labs, a ruling that has been seen as a major defeat for the regulator in its effort to police cryptocurrency markets.

In her July 13 decision, U.S. District Judge Analisa Torres in Manhattan had ruled that the sale of Ripple's XRP digital token on public exchanges complied with federal securities laws because purchasers had no reasonable expectation of profit based on Ripple's efforts.

The SEC had sought permission to appeal Torres' findings about "programmatic" sales of XRP and about "other distributions" of XRP as a means of payment for services, saying an appeal would be important to a "large number" of lawsuits.

But the judge found no "substantial ground for difference of opinion" about her findings, and did not agree that an appeal would materially advance the case toward a conclusion.

She also said her decision did not conflict with a July 31 ruling by U.S. District Judge Jed Rakoff in Manhattan, who said the SEC had a "plausible claim" that Terraform Labs' Terra USD token was a security when sold on public exchanges.

Torres said Rakoff had been considering Terraform's motion to dismiss the SEC case, and was required to accept all reasonable inferences in the regulator's favor.

A trial in the Ripple case is scheduled for April 23, 2024.

The SEC did not immediately respond to requests for comment after market hours. Lawyers for Ripple, Chief Executive Brad Garlinghouse and co-founder Chris Larsen did not immediately respond to similar requests.

In its December 2020 lawsuit, the SEC accused Ripple of illegally raising more than $1.3 billion in an unregistered securities offering by selling XRP.

The SEC has long claimed that many digital assets are securities, as are stocks and bonds, and that it has power to regulate them.

Its other lawsuits include cases against Binance, the world's largest cryptocurrency platform, and Coinbase (COIN.O), the largest U.S. cryptocurrency platform.

Torres had found in July that only some XRP sales violated federal securities laws.

The case is SEC v Ripple Labs Inc et al, U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, No. 20-10832.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #9792 on: October 04, 2023, 11:02:31 AM »
Now it is official! What do you say?!

https://www.reuters.com/legal/us-sec-cannot-appeal-ripple-labs-decision-judge-rules-2023-10-04/

US SEC cannot appeal Ripple Labs decision, judge rules

The decision was a huge FU to the SEC. They basically got slapped down and told to shut up, but they can still appeal once the case starts.

You still don't want to be buying XRP

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #9793 on: October 04, 2023, 11:04:54 AM »
The decision was a huge FU to the SEC. They basically got slapped down and told to shut up, but they can still appeal once the case starts.

You still don't want to be buying XRP
I acquired XRP back in 2017-2018. Never sold it. Just going to leave it. If it goes to $8-10 I'll cash some of it.

Solana looks interesting now. It survived FTX, and VISA has added support for Solana, in addition to Ethereum.

https://www.thestreet.com/crypto/markets/visa-makes-history-with-solana-blockchain-integration

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #9794 on: October 06, 2023, 12:10:30 AM »
I acquired XRP back in 2017-2018. Never sold it. Just going to leave it. If it goes to $8-10 I'll cash some of it.

Solana looks interesting now. It survived FTX, and VISA has added support for Solana, in addition to Ethereum.

https://www.thestreet.com/crypto/markets/visa-makes-history-with-solana-blockchain-integration

There are 9.1M SOL coins that have been unlocked from the FTX estate that need to be sold. Ideally it all gets sold in the bear market and nukes SOL under $5 or something, but who knows when or how they plan on selling. It is a good all or nothing speculative buy though and I've been surprised how much work the devs have been doing on it since the FTX cascade.

Also don't forget it was classed as an unregistered security by the SEC. Can you still buy and sell it without issue?

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #9795 on: October 06, 2023, 03:24:46 PM »
There are 9.1M SOL coins that have been unlocked from the FTX estate that need to be sold. Ideally it all gets sold in the bear market and nukes SOL under $5 or something, but who knows when or how they plan on selling. It is a good all or nothing speculative buy though and I've been surprised how much work the devs have been doing on it since the FTX cascade.

Also don't forget it was classed as an unregistered security by the SEC. Can you still buy and sell it without issue?
Yes I agree. FTX will have to unload.

Solana ATH = $259.63
Solana 10/6/2023 = $23.61

Solana has already dropped 90.9 % from ATH. It has been resilient though and has a thriving community, many developers, and institutional interest.

But it has the cloud of FTX hanging over it and the numerous shutdowns in the past few years. It also shut down once in 2023.

Some reckon it might be worth getting into because it has dropped so much already. How much lower can it go? I personally don't have any SOL. But, smaller market cap coins can move much more than assets like Bitcoin.

Doge ATH = $0.753
Doge 10/6/2023 = $0.0615

Doge has dropped even more than Solana - 91.8327%. I should have sold it a few hours before Elon's SNL appearance. Lesson learned. In the future, I am going to dump it if it goes back to ATH. Fuck diamond hands - lol! But, my Doge is house money. Still pissed, I had a profit over $100k. I didn't want to pay taxes which fucked my reasoning.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #9796 on: October 11, 2023, 10:25:49 AM »
Ether Could Hit $8K by End of 2026: Standard Chartered

Emerging uses for the Ethereum network in gaming and tokenization are among the drivers of what could be a 5X gain in ether's price over the next three years, said the bank.

The price of ether (ETH) has the potential to reach $8,000 by the end of 2026 versus its current level just below $1,,600, writes Geoff Kendrick, Head of FX Research, West, and Digital Assets Research at Standard Chartered Bank.

While Ethereum's dominant uses currently are non-fungible tokens (NFTs) and decentralized finance (DeFi), said Kendrick, an evolution towards gaming and tokenization should add "significant demand."

"Importantly, this should provide ‘proof of concept’ examples in which real-world industries come on-chain to exploit the benefits of Ethereum over their existing setups," he added. "We expect significant developments on these fronts by 2025-26."

In the shorter term, said Kendrick, the bitcoin (BTC) halving in April 2024 "should help lift all boats," and he sees ether hitting $4,000 by the end of next year.

Looking even longer into the future, Kendrick sees the $8,000 level as "a stepping stone" to the bank's "structural" valuation estimate of $26,000-$35,000.

https://www.coindesk.com/markets/2023/10/11/ether-could-hit-8k-by-end-of-2026-standard-chartered/

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #9797 on: October 11, 2023, 10:57:26 PM »
Ether Could Hit $8K by End of 2026: Standard Chartered

Emerging uses for the Ethereum network in gaming and tokenization are among the drivers of what could be a 5X gain in ether's price over the next three years, said the bank.

The price of ether (ETH) has the potential to reach $8,000 by the end of 2026 versus its current level just below $1,,600, writes Geoff Kendrick, Head of FX Research, West, and Digital Assets Research at Standard Chartered Bank.

While Ethereum's dominant uses currently are non-fungible tokens (NFTs) and decentralized finance (DeFi), said Kendrick, an evolution towards gaming and tokenization should add "significant demand."

"Importantly, this should provide ‘proof of concept’ examples in which real-world industries come on-chain to exploit the benefits of Ethereum over their existing setups," he added. "We expect significant developments on these fronts by 2025-26."

In the shorter term, said Kendrick, the bitcoin (BTC) halving in April 2024 "should help lift all boats," and he sees ether hitting $4,000 by the end of next year.

Looking even longer into the future, Kendrick sees the $8,000 level as "a stepping stone" to the bank's "structural" valuation estimate of $26,000-$35,000.

https://www.coindesk.com/markets/2023/10/11/ether-could-hit-8k-by-end-of-2026-standard-chartered/
BTC LATE 2017 ATH: +/- $19,500
BTC LATE 2021 ATH: +/- $68,700
68,700 / 19,500 = 3.52

ETH EARLY 2018 ATH: +/- $1,350
ETH LATE 2021 ATH: +/- $4,896
4,896 / 1,350 = 3.62

Both BTC and ETH had a +/- 3.5x increase between bull market tops. If we assume another 3.5x move for BTC and 3.62 move for ETH from the last top we get:

BTC LATE 2025 ATH: +/- $240,450
ETH LATE 2025 ATH: +/- $17,700

I personally would like to see ETH @ $20,000, or 1/12 of BTC. This would place ETH at +/- BTC's ATH price in 2017. Many thought ETH would have reached that price in 2021/2022, placing ETH one cycle behind BTC. I know it's not that simple. BTC and ETH have different supplies, and there are many other factors affecting the market caps.

In a bull market, ETH will burn at a much faster rate, which could push the price even higher.

There's also the issue of diminishing returns. And the uncertainty of the dollar, legislation, wars, etc.

BTC went 20x from the 2014 to 2017 ATH tops. And ETH did a 1350X from 2015 to 2018 - lol!

These numbers I posted could all be bullshit. Who knows what it's going to do - haha! What if the USA declares owning crypto illegal as they did with Gold during the Great Depression? They offer a buyout. Then once they have horded most of the crypto, they allow the public to get back into it. This all happened before with Gold.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Order_6102

Executive Order 6102 is an executive order signed on April 5, 1933, by US President Franklin D. Roosevelt "forbidding the hoarding of gold coin, gold bullion, and gold certificates within the continental United States." The executive order was made under the authority of the Trading with the Enemy Act of 1917, as amended by the Emergency Banking Act in March 1933.

The limitation on gold ownership in the United States was repealed after President Gerald Ford signed a bill legalizing private ownership of gold coins, bars, and certificates by an Act of Congress, codified in Pub. L.Tooltip Public Law (United States) 93–373,[1] which went into effect December 31, 1974.

Rationale

The stated reason for the order was that hard times had caused "hoarding" of gold, stalling economic growth and worsening the depression as the US was then using the gold standard for its currency.[2][3]

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #9798 on: October 11, 2023, 11:11:01 PM »
https://dailyhodl.com/2023/07/29/ethereum-could-explode-by-up-to-1556-in-an-ai-powered-economy-says-arthur-hayes-heres-the-timeline/

Ethereum Could Explode by Up to 1,556% in an AI-Powered Economy, Says Arthur Hayes – Here’s the Timeline

BitMEX co-founder Arthur Hayes says the price of Ethereum (ETH) stands to benefit immensely from artificial intelligence (AI) technology.

Painting a scenario where AI applications create decentralized autonomous organizations (DAOs) in order to execute smart contracts, Hayes says in a new blog post that Ethereum is the logical base of such a scenario since it is the most widely used decentralized virtual machine.

According to Hayes, the tokens issued by the AI DAOs will trade on decentralized exchanges (DEXs), and mostly those built on top of Ethereum.

“A DEX is naturally suited to support the trading of any type of equity, debt, utility, participation, etc. token issued by an AI-powered DAO…

DAOs will fundraise and issue tokens on-chain. A plethora of new DAO tokens will trade on DEXs.

As DAOs capture more economic value than companies, DEXs will trade more than traditional CEXs.

I believe the largest driver of on-chain activity will be an explosion of trading volume on DEXs hosted on Ethereum.”

The BitMEX founder says that if the above scenario plays out as he envisions, Ethereum could run up to 1,556%, from its current price of $1,875 to hit $31,063 if the DEX trading volumes were to reach 20% of traditional stock exchange volumes recorded in 2022.

Hayes says Ethereum could reach a five-figure price about half a decade from now.

“Given the market is forward-looking, I want to guestimate the percentage that will be reached 5 years into the future. I am not concerned about getting this number exactly right. I want to be directionally correct and profit as the narrative shifts from “won’t happen” to “might happen”.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #9799 on: October 12, 2023, 03:18:46 AM »
Bullish Price predications in this market  when ethereum has so little activity going on that it's become inflationary  ???

I'm giving it 6 to 8 weeks with ETH maybe hitting 1200 or lower, ALTs breaking down further then I'll start buying some lottery tickets for the next bull run.