Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 764448 times)

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #9800 on: October 12, 2023, 06:00:38 AM »
Its actually BTC which will do well in an AI world. BTC will be the base layer, and bots and AI systems will use sats as a protocol on layers above BTC, with BTC being the core global store of value in the digital world.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #9801 on: October 12, 2023, 11:51:26 AM »
Bullish Price predications in this market  when ethereum has so little activity going on that it's become inflationary  ???

I'm giving it 6 to 8 weeks with ETH maybe hitting 1200 or lower, ALTs breaking down further then I'll start buying some lottery tickets for the next bull run.
Should you buy when nobody is talking about it or when everyone is talking about it? Kind of like the saying buy when it is red and sell when it is green. Kennedy sold his stock and avoided the stock market crash when the shoeshine boy told him to buy Hindenburg stock.

https://www.4investors.eu/post/the-shoeshine-boy-indicator

Looking at the headlines, there's FUD from JP Morgan about Ethereum. Every other YouTube channel is talking about Bitcoin this, Bitcoin that. And even then ETH is holding above $1,500. BTC also has the halving and Spot ETF narrative giving it a push. It's got a bigger market cap though. Smaller cryptos will pump more in a bull market. ETH will likely outperform BTC and Solana will likely outperform ETH. Don't forget Doge, SHIBA and some of the other smaller market caps. Yes, they will dump hard, but they will rise fast also.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9802 on: October 12, 2023, 01:27:26 PM »
https://dailyhodl.com/2023/07/29/ethereum-could-explode-by-up-to-1556-in-an-ai-powered-economy-says-arthur-hayes-heres-the-timeline/

Ethereum Could Explode by Up to 1,556% in an AI-Powered Economy, Says Arthur Hayes – Here’s the Timeline

“Given the market is forward-looking, I want to guestimate the percentage that will be reached 5 years into the future. I am not concerned about getting this number exactly right. I want to be directionally correct and profit as the narrative shifts from “won’t happen” to “might happen”.

Ahhh yes, the guy who used to run the stops of his customers on his exchange.

Inside 6yrs most will be nuked in crypto.

I would support the idea of a decade long rally on BTC 2030-2040. Before then, no way because we are in an upward rates cycle which is bad for metals.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #9803 on: October 12, 2023, 01:47:28 PM »
Its actually BTC which will do well in an AI world. BTC will be the base layer, and bots and AI systems will use sats as a protocol on layers above BTC, with BTC being the core global store of value in the digital world.
Well Bitcoin better get some quality developers onboard. It's lagging behind Ethereum and Solana. It takes a lot of developers to make that happen, and it is way behind.

https://www.coindesk.com/tech/2023/10/11/bitcoin-might-get-ethereum-style-smart-contracts-under-bitvm-plan/

BitVM's limitations

Linus' proposal triggered a slew of responses on X, with commentators quick to point out BitVM's limitations.

Pseudonymous bitcoin writer Shinobi pointed out that the cost of off-chain data management is "massive," adding that the protocol only involving two parties - the prover and the verifier - is also a "big limitation."

Bob Bodily, CEO of Ordinals marketplace Bioniq, wrote in a post on X that BitVM is "like a very early limited version of the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM)."

"BitVM is an amazing breakthrough because while there are many gaping holes right now in the BitVM, they are mostly solvable," he said. "Over the next few months I expect many of these holes to get filled in, at which point we will have more capable Bitcoin script without a Bitcoin upgrade."
Bitcoin Smart Contracts

Attempts to implement smart contract capabilities in the Bitcoin network are of course not new. For some time, Bitcoin developers have been attempting to find ways round the network's limitations due to its simpler scripting language compared to blockchains like Ethereum or Solana.

Regarding Bitcoin's L2:

https://www.coindesk.com/tech/2020/02/20/bitcoins-lightning-network-is-growing-increasingly-centralized-researchers-find/

Bitcoin's Lightning Network Is Growing 'Increasingly Centralized,' Researchers Find
Bitcoin's lightning network is growing "increasingly centralized," making it more susceptible to attacks, asserts a new paper by security researchers.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #9804 on: October 12, 2023, 01:51:52 PM »
Ahhh yes, the guy who used to run the stops of his customers on his exchange.

Inside 6yrs most will be nuked in crypto.

I would support the idea of a decade long rally on BTC 2030-2040. Before then, no way because we are in an upward rates cycle which is bad for metals.
Don't you think it's possible we have entered bearish euphoria? Bears are becoming more and more cocky.

https://www.reddit.com/r/amcstock/comments/16bs2uz/bearish_euphoria/?rdt=54083

Bearish Euphoria
APES UNITED 🦍💪🏻

It's a real thing.

The stock can never go to ath again, its just not possible.

That's what they think down here. Much like how at the top bullish euphoria leads people to believe stocks can't go "down to those levels again!"

Thing is we've seen all the bs, the manipulation, the fud, the complicit regulators.

We've also seen madoffs scheme collapse, we've seen the sub prime collapse and many other instances where moments eventually correct themselves.

We got this.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9805 on: October 12, 2023, 04:08:11 PM »
Don't you think it's possible we have entered bearish euphoria? Bears are becoming more and more cocky.

https://www.reddit.com/r/amcstock/comments/16bs2uz/bearish_euphoria/?rdt=54083

Bearish Euphoria
APES UNITED 🦍💪🏻

It's a real thing.

The stock can never go to ath again, its just not possible.

Bearish euphoria was back when I bought at 17.5k.

Bearish feeling does not determine the next peak price.

I have 76k next ATH. Gurus have around 500k. Gurus get 99% utterly destroyed.

In my social media feeds I have:
Equities bearish like crazy
Property bearish like crazy
USD collapsing
Crypto bullish Q4 massive rally everybody will miss out on, halving, ETF etc

Make that that what you will

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9806 on: October 13, 2023, 06:10:32 AM »
Well Bitcoin better get some quality developers onboard. It's lagging behind Ethereum and Solana. It takes a lot of developers to make that happen, and it is way behind.

https://www.coindesk.com/tech/2023/10/11/bitcoin-might-get-ethereum-style-smart-contracts-under-bitvm-plan/

BitVM's limitations

Linus' proposal triggered a slew of responses on X, with commentators quick to point out BitVM's limitations.

Pseudonymous bitcoin writer Shinobi pointed out that the cost of off-chain data management is "massive," adding that the protocol only involving two parties - the prover and the verifier - is also a "big limitation."

Bob Bodily, CEO of Ordinals marketplace Bioniq, wrote in a post on X that BitVM is "like a very early limited version of the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM)."

"BitVM is an amazing breakthrough because while there are many gaping holes right now in the BitVM, they are mostly solvable," he said. "Over the next few months I expect many of these holes to get filled in, at which point we will have more capable Bitcoin script without a Bitcoin upgrade."
Bitcoin Smart Contracts

Attempts to implement smart contract capabilities in the Bitcoin network are of course not new. For some time, Bitcoin developers have been attempting to find ways round the network's limitations due to its simpler scripting language compared to blockchains like Ethereum or Solana.

Regarding Bitcoin's L2:

https://www.coindesk.com/tech/2020/02/20/bitcoins-lightning-network-is-growing-increasingly-centralized-researchers-find/

Bitcoin's Lightning Network Is Growing 'Increasingly Centralized,' Researchers Find
Bitcoin's lightning network is growing "increasingly centralized," making it more susceptible to attacks, asserts a new paper by security researchers.

Bitcoin has quality developers, and has exactly what was needed for the base layer. That is really all that matters for BTC. As for what sits on top, whether any kind of smart contract protocol, or any other technology making use of BTC, this will be taken care of by capitalism, economics, human imagination, and natural selection.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #9807 on: October 13, 2023, 06:24:37 AM »
So far BTC and ETH have been by far my worst investment in 20+ years of investing.  Good thing I invested only 1% of my net worth in crypto.

By far my best investments have been US stock index funds: S&P 500 index, Russell 1000 index, and best of all VTSAX.

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9808 on: October 13, 2023, 02:50:24 PM »
So far BTC and ETH have been by far my worst investment in 20+ years of investing.  Good thing I invested only 1% of my net worth in crypto.

By far my best investments have been US stock index funds: S&P 500 index, Russell 1000 index, and best of all VTSAX.

Dont you touch it for another 10 years then check back.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #9809 on: October 13, 2023, 02:54:41 PM »
Bitcoin has quality developers, and has exactly what was needed for the base layer. That is really all that matters for BTC. As for what sits on top, whether any kind of smart contract protocol, or any other technology making use of BTC, this will be taken care of by capitalism, economics, human imagination, and natural selection.
lol!

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #9810 on: October 13, 2023, 03:10:56 PM »

Dont you touch it for another 10 years then check back.

Or even wait another 1 or 2 years.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #9811 on: October 13, 2023, 11:42:25 PM »
Ferrari to accept crypto as payment for its cars in the US

Ferrari has started to accept payment in cryptocurrency for its luxury sports cars in the U.S. and will extend the scheme to Europe following requests from its wealthy customers, its marketing and commercial chief told Reuters.

https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/ferrari-accept-crypto-payment-its-cars-us-2023-10-14/#:~:text=MILAN%2C%20Oct%2014%20(Reuters),and%20commercial%20chief%20told%20Reuters.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9812 on: October 20, 2023, 02:58:09 AM »
OK GETBIGGERS, I AM CALLING IT. THE NEXT CYCLE (now to end of 2025) HAS STARTED. AND ITS GOING TO BE EPIC.

I HAVE SAID IT MANY TIMES. THE CHANCES OF BECOMING A WHOLECOINER (IF YOU ARE NOT ONE) WILL GET LOWER BY THE DAY. SECURE YOUR FUTURE AND START SACKING SATS.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #9813 on: October 20, 2023, 06:42:01 AM »
Motto to live by at this present moment: "scared money don't make money."

Ignore the bears right now or you will enter the market late.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #9814 on: October 20, 2023, 07:51:09 AM »
OK GETBIGGERS, I AM CALLING IT. THE NEXT CYCLE (now to end of 2025) HAS STARTED.

And how do you get to that conclusion, you financial expert? :D

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9815 on: October 20, 2023, 08:26:03 AM »
Well, I'm not much of a fan of technical indicators, but it would pretty obvious that on basic technical alone we are on an upward phase and through the last bear cycle.

Beyond that there are many major drivers at play which are super bullish for BTC demand.

-Conflict in various parts of the world leading to a demand for assets which are fixed in supply, easily divisible, and transferable across boarders.

-Inflation in many parts of the world, devaluing fiat currencies at a noticeable rate.

-Increasing education and awareness among our citizens as to why a global, uncensorable, uncorruptable, secure, digital, store of value and money, perfectly limited in supply, and decentralized, is so so important into the future we are heading.

-Numerous US BTC ETF's poised for approval for some of the largest funds in the world, which will result in hundreds of Billions of fund inflows into this asset class.

-Increasing understand and regulatory and technical and philosophical and economic understanding as to the difference betwen Bitcoin and "cryptos".

- The 2024 halvening due in around 6 months.

-The increasingly obviousness that the US will (and has almost no choice but to) embark on greater money printing than ever before.

-Ai increasingly making use of BTC as a base layer store of value.

-Countries globally looking to increase income taxes.

...all of which, when you combine with even just a slight increase of demand for this very unique limited in supply  asset class, will lead to a MASSIVE upward movement once FOMO takes hold (which will gradually build up and then abruptly take hold and explode in a positive loop upward price cycle).

Oh, and major financial players coming out strongly in support of Bitcoin as the supreme asset class, different and better than all others. Here is a good example, an interview with Fidelity.

i=0vzC9-RkOR5HXg5N

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: bitcoin
« Reply #9816 on: October 20, 2023, 09:29:51 AM »
sounds risky, ill invest my money in an old hardcore cellar gym rather.

Price was $245 per coin when this was posted. What we can see in hindsight is that is was not risky to buy Bitcoin (provided you just simply HODL'd, and indeed rather it was risky not to buy Bitcoin, given how much the USD has devalued during that time.

Had this dude invested just 20K of his money in Bitcoin a that time, he would now be holding around 2.5 million USD in value.

Good news is that its still early, and anyone coming back here in 10 years will realize the same - that right now is a golden opportunity to acquire Bitcoin.

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9817 on: October 20, 2023, 04:18:21 PM »
Price was $245 per coin when this was posted. What we can see in hindsight is that is was not risky to buy Bitcoin (provided you just simply HODL'd, and indeed rather it was risky not to buy Bitcoin, given how much the USD has devalued during that time.

Had this dude invested just 20K of his money in Bitcoin a that time, he would now be holding around 2.5 million USD in value.

Good news is that its still early, and anyone coming back here in 10 years will realize the same - that right now is a golden opportunity to acquire Bitcoin.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9818 on: October 21, 2023, 02:12:07 AM »
Yep - well even we started this trend the price was below 5K. And 100K at that time seemed a really farfetched and distant concept to some, with Mr Anabolic for example using the phrase in an attempt at sarcastic mockery "First 100,000 then to a million!". That phrase may of course soon become yet one more great example of a GetBig- self-owning, when his own quote actually becomes true lol. ;D

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #9819 on: October 21, 2023, 03:35:27 AM »

Ethereum had a low price of 42 cents in 2015. The current price is $1,603 / 0.42 = 3,816.66 * $20,000 = $76,333,333 or over $76 million. And that 20K would have been worth over 233 million at Ethereum's ATH price of around $4,900.

People get all excited when Bitcoin moves $1,000, $2,000 or even $5,000. When the price is $30,000 a $5k move is a 16.66% increase.

For Ethereum, a similar move would take it from $1,603 to around $1,870. Only $267 up. Does not sounds as impressive as a $5K increase but it yields the same profit if the same amount of money was invested.

But I agree that Bitcoin will probably front-run Ethereum in the foreseeable future, as it did in 2017 and 2020.

Edit - Another way to calculate:

$20,000 / $0.42 = 47,619.047619047619047619047619048 ETH

47,619.047619047619047619047619048 x 1,603 = $76,333,333 or over $76 million.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #9820 on: October 21, 2023, 03:36:27 AM »

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #9821 on: October 21, 2023, 04:27:48 AM »
Ethereum had a low price of 42 cents in 2015. The current price is $1,603 / 0.42 = 3,816.66 * $20,000 = $76,333,333 or over $76 million. And that 20K would have been worth over 233 million at Ethereum's ATH price of around $4,900.

People get all excited when Bitcoin moves $1,000, $2,000 or even $5,000. When the price is $30,000 a $5k move is a 16.66% increase.

For Ethereum, a similar move would take it from $1,603 to around $1,870. Only $267 up. Does not sounds as impressive as a $5K increase but it yields the same profit if the same amount of money was invested.

But I agree that Bitcoin will probably front-run Ethereum in the foreseeable future, as it did in 2017 and 2020.

Yes, that is to be expected.

Part of the cycle, then it moves towards ETH, smaller caps, micro caps and finally meme coins which usually marks the end of the cycle.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #9822 on: October 22, 2023, 02:52:36 AM »
Well, I'm not much of a fan of technical indicators, but it would pretty obvious that on basic technical alone we are on an upward phase and through the last bear cycle.

Beyond that there are many major drivers at play which are super bullish for BTC demand.

-Conflict in various parts of the world leading to a demand for assets which are fixed in supply, easily divisible, and transferable across boarders.

-Inflation in many parts of the world, devaluing fiat currencies at a noticeable rate.

-Increasing education and awareness among our citizens as to why a global, uncensorable, uncorruptable, secure, digital, store of value and money, perfectly limited in supply, and decentralized, is so so important into the future we are heading.

-Numerous US BTC ETF's poised for approval for some of the largest funds in the world, which will result in hundreds of Billions of fund inflows into this asset class.

-Increasing understand and regulatory and technical and philosophical and economic understanding as to the difference betwen Bitcoin and "cryptos".

- The 2024 halvening due in around 6 months.

-The increasingly obviousness that the US will (and has almost no choice but to) embark on greater money printing than ever before.

-Ai increasingly making use of BTC as a base layer store of value.

-Countries globally looking to increase income taxes.

...all of which, when you combine with even just a slight increase of demand for this very unique limited in supply  asset class, will lead to a MASSIVE upward movement once FOMO takes hold (which will gradually build up and then abruptly take hold and explode in a positive loop upward price cycle).

Oh, and major financial players coming out strongly in support of Bitcoin as the supreme asset class, different and better than all others. Here is a good example, an interview with Fidelity.

These are all great reasons to buy, but these are still just "narratives" to bring in new money and there is nothing wrong with that. However there hasn't been much "bull market" type buying since Jan-Feb of this year.

It's been a sideways market since then with the pumps that appear to come from TrueUSD printing which are minted out of thin air. You get the narrative, you then get the TrueUSD print and pump, then you get the slow dump. My guess it's an attempt to bring in FOMO money and so far it's not really been working.

Remember I told you the regional bank crisis pump was just narrative/scam pump, I told you spot ETFs would initially be a scam pump. I was right both those time. I believe this is also a scam pump as it also looks to be TrueUSD led. Let's see if I'm right again and we get BTC price dropping back to the mid 25k and potentially lower.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9823 on: October 22, 2023, 03:31:34 AM »

November dump back to 20k.

Once equities move below 4,200 you’ll see it rollover.

I’ve been very patient waiting for this one.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #9824 on: October 22, 2023, 11:00:01 AM »

November dump back to 20k.

Once equities move below 4,200 you’ll see it rollover.

I’ve been very patient waiting for this one.
So you're waiting for BTC to dump to $20K before you get back in?