Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 764418 times)

obsidian

• Getbig V
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #9850 on: October 23, 2023, 08:51:24 PM »
Just looked at the ETH gas cost on defi to do a small $5 transaction and it was $29.97……..
Can you post a screenshot? Is there an option to use a L2 for the transaction? What platform was this?

ETH has turned deflationary again. The past 1 hour 197 ETH was burned and 107 ETH issued via fees / staking.

https://ultrasound.money/

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #9851 on: October 23, 2023, 09:09:14 PM »

Last cycle was about price suppression  via paper btc, what if this cycle is about price expansion? Having your money in a centralised shitcoin that will outpace btc by 3 or 4x is degenerate gambling.

Last cycle I over heard conversations of people patting each other on the back listing their portfolio with 5+ coins in it. "wow, that's great choice of coins".

This isn't the S&p 500, there will be no top 500 coins. 99% will eventually goto 0 against btc. I'd say Eth will keep up along side, but on a long enough time frame btc will absolutely  eclipse it on a pricing and use case scenario.

I'd rather sleep well at night knowing my wealth is in a decentrilised blue chip asset rather than chasing the next 10-100x. Here's the kicke4, btc still has another 100x in it.
BTC pumped and dumped from an ATH of $68,763.41 on 11/9/2021 to a low of $15,795 on 11/21/2022. That's a drop of 77.0299%.

ETH pumped and dumped from an ATH of $ 4,896.88 on 11/9/2021 to a low of $996.19 on 6/18/2022. That's a drop of 79.6566%.

BTC and ETH charts for the past 5 years look very similar. But my point is, BTC has dumped just like everything else. Bitcoin Maxi(pads) act like BTC's shit don't stink. But it do! (sic)

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9852 on: October 23, 2023, 10:56:07 PM »
BTC pumped and dumped from an ATH of $68,763.41 on 11/9/2021 to a low of $15,795 on 11/21/2022. That's a drop of 77.0299%.

ETH pumped and dumped from an ATH of $ 4,896.88 on 11/9/2021 to a low of $996.19 on 6/18/2022. That's a drop of 79.6566%.

BTC and ETH charts for the past 5 years look very similar. But my point is, BTC has dumped just like everything else. Bitcoin Maxi(pads) act like BTC's shit don't stink. But it do! (sic)

I'm not sure what you're saying? who is denying btc dumps. What you have shown is btc dumps less and less each cycle as it matures.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #9853 on: October 24, 2023, 01:10:59 AM »
Bitcoin is still a thing ?? did anyone make money on this ?

The fate of any BTC buyer:

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9854 on: October 24, 2023, 06:34:13 AM »
BTC Fractal Graph

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #9855 on: October 24, 2023, 10:53:17 AM »
People need to chill. It's like they've never experienced a green candle. It's still a bear market

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9856 on: October 24, 2023, 01:36:25 PM »
I had BTC to 41k this year BUT if it was going to happen I had it before November. We have A week left so let’s see.

Price now at 34.5k so this is a solid breakout. This is why I have big positions already as imagine having nothing and then it breaks to 35k 😱  if we can get to the 40s any pullback might be where we just came from lol

I’m happy either direction.

See how weak the Aussie $$ has become against USD

At 69kusd it was almost 90kaud

Yesterday btc touched 35kusd and it was 55k aud

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9857 on: October 25, 2023, 11:30:34 AM »

Price now at 34.5k so this is a solid breakout....imagine having nothing and then it breaks to 35k 😱 

Well we hit 35K 2 times in the last few days. It may hit again today - iets see if we get decisive breakthrough.

Many people are hodling, and very few sellers of any volume. Add to that increased retail interest, hedge funds and family offices who may buy prior to the ETFs, and then also the coins the various ETF applicants are already accumulating to seed the funds. And currently very low leverage in the system - its a lovely set up for upward momentum.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9858 on: October 25, 2023, 01:07:17 PM »

See how weak the Aussie $$ has become against USD

At 69kusd it was almost 90kaud

Yesterday btc touched 35kusd and it was 55k aud

That’s the DXY movement I frequently speak of which is the index of USD against all currencies. We are all in the same bucket here.

Americans think their currency is collapsing, everyone outside the US see the USD value skyrocketing. Perspective.

If there is an event in the ME which triggers a sell off we will see the USD quickly spike then it should reverse and give us some breathing space before going back up in the next rate hiking cycle.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9859 on: October 25, 2023, 05:01:40 PM »
Well we hit 35K 2 times in the last few days. It may hit again today - iets see if we get decisive breakthrough.

Many people are hodling, and very few sellers of any volume. Add to that increased retail interest, hedge funds and family offices who may buy prior to the ETFs, and then also the coins the various ETF applicants are already accumulating to seed the funds. And currently very low leverage in the system - its a lovely set up for upward momentum.

We have ME uncertainty driving up Gold and BTC. I like this very much as it shows anti risk, uncertainty mechanism in play. It also serves my belief that BTC is ultimately digital gold and nothing else.

We are testing 2021 and 2022 lows at 35k. I have the next week and the one after as the major equity sell off risk zone so let’s see if it holds up.

My Mum is 74 and yesterday she told me BTC had jumped up because there is an ETF approval and some other shit. My brother had phoned her and was talking the typical BS. They are top price buyers so when out of the blue they tell me why Bitcoin pumped and how it’s going higher……

French

• Getbig IV
  • Solana @ 2000$
« Reply #9860 on: October 31, 2023, 12:29:36 AM »
Solana will replace Ethereum.
All layers in one, fast and low transaction cost

Nokia has been replaced by Apple, Samsung
Yahoo has been replaced by Google

always the number one is replaced
Don't wait, sell your house, car and wait for a SOL at 600$ soon.
$

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9861 on: November 02, 2023, 03:09:05 AM »
OK GETBIGGERS, I AM CALLING IT. THE NEXT CYCLE (now to end of 2025) HAS STARTED. AND ITS GOING TO BE EPIC.

I HAVE SAID IT MANY TIMES. THE CHANCES OF BECOMING A WHOLECOINER (IF YOU ARE NOT ONE) WILL GET LOWER BY THE DAY. SECURE YOUR FUTURE AND START SACKING SATS.

Ok, well as we can see now, I was right in making this call.

Price on 20 October was 29500. We are now sitting on 35000. (So up around 15% since my call).

MayDay, we almost certainly won't see the equities dump (or Bitcoin dump) you predicted for November. Powell pretty much put an end to that possibility with his comments yesterday.

What you were right on is that 35K would be a likely short term resistance level. I think we may now just have broken through to 35K being the new short term support level, in what will be a overall upwards trend.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9862 on: November 02, 2023, 03:12:04 AM »
Theok and Flex etc - below, again, was the rationale for my call that a new BTC cycle is underway...

Well, I'm not much of a fan of technical indicators, but it would pretty obvious that on basic technical alone we are on an upward phase and through the last bear cycle.

Beyond that there are many major drivers at play which are super bullish for BTC demand.

-Conflict in various parts of the world leading to a demand for assets which are fixed in supply, easily divisible, and transferable across boarders.

-Inflation in many parts of the world, devaluing fiat currencies at a noticeable rate.

-Increasing education and awareness among our citizens as to why a global, uncensorable, uncorruptable, secure, digital, store of value and money, perfectly limited in supply, and decentralized, is so so important into the future we are heading.

-Numerous US BTC ETF's poised for approval for some of the largest funds in the world, which will result in hundreds of Billions of fund inflows into this asset class.

-Increasing understand and regulatory and technical and philosophical and economic understanding as to the difference betwen Bitcoin and "cryptos".

- The 2024 halvening due in around 6 months.

-The increasingly obviousness that the US will (and has almost no choice but to) embark on greater money printing than ever before.

-Ai increasingly making use of BTC as a base layer store of value.

-Countries globally looking to increase income taxes.

...all of which, when you combine with even just a slight increase of demand for this very unique limited in supply  asset class, will lead to a MASSIVE upward movement once FOMO takes hold (which will gradually build up and then abruptly take hold and explode in a positive loop upward price cycle).

Oh, and major financial players coming out strongly in support of Bitcoin as the supreme asset class, different and better than all others. Here is a good example, an interview with Fidelity.

i=0vzC9-RkOR5HXg5N

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #9863 on: November 02, 2023, 12:24:20 PM »
Solana will replace Ethereum.
All layers in one, fast and low transaction cost

Nokia has been replaced by Apple, Samsung
Yahoo has been replaced by Google

always the number one is replaced
Don't wait, sell your house, car and wait for a SOL at 600$ soon.
Dumped 8% today.

Solana does have a lot of hype going on, and institutional interest. My concern is it is more centralized, the FTX estate holds a lot, and it has a history of shutting down. But, it could do well in the future.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9864 on: November 02, 2023, 03:03:47 PM »
Ok, well as we can see now, I was right in making this call.

Price on 20 October was 29500. We are now sitting on 35000. (So up around 15% since my call).

MayDay, we almost certainly won't see the equities dump (or Bitcoin dump) you predicted for November. Powell pretty much put an end to that possibility with his comments yesterday.

What you were right on is that 35K would be a likely short term resistance level. I think we may now just have broken through to 35K being the new short term support level, in what will be a overall upwards trend.

Perhaps…… We just made attempt 1 It’s only been 2 days in November, 28 more left for which an event can happen.

I have the start of CPI wave 2 beginning around Mar 2024. I’m expecting an event before then to cause it and 3 x US aircraft carriers are now floating in the ME. I assume it’ll be an energy related impact.

FWIW I have the next Bitcoin peak in October 2024.

We will have a -30% selloff at some point. 48k to 35k, 42k to 30k, 35k to 25k.

Fidelity called for 100k BTC in 2023 yet their own model doesn’t even allow for that before 2026….. this is the same mob calling for 1M BTC in a decade. They’re all full of shit.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #9865 on: November 02, 2023, 04:07:52 PM »
Perhaps…… We just made attempt 1 It’s only been 2 days in November, 28 more left for which an event can happen.

I have the start of CPI wave 2 beginning around Mar 2024. I’m expecting an event before then to cause it and 3 x US aircraft carriers are now floating in the ME. I assume it’ll be an energy related impact.

FWIW I have the next Bitcoin peak in October 2024.

We will have a -30% selloff at some point. 48k to 35k, 42k to 30k, 35k to 25k.

Fidelity called for 100k BTC in 2023 yet their own model doesn’t even allow for that before 2026….. this is the same mob calling for 1M BTC in a decade. They’re all full of shit.

I'm still on similar levels. Maybe even 42k to low 20s being the pain trade for everyone. But I lean more towards a recession scare or brief recession sending it there and not a geopolitical event.

Also the lack of action in ALTs tells me retail aren't back and no new money has entered, so from my perspective it's still a sideways bear market.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9866 on: November 03, 2023, 03:55:12 AM »
Gosh, I am really quite surprised, I must say, that some of the more financially savvy GetBiggers here can't seem to see what to me is a very obvious setup for massaive inflows and consequent price appreciation. I have explained the factors in my earlier post. The phase about leading a horse to water comes to mind...

We have the ability now, to front-run Billions of dollars about to flow into BTC over the next year from massive financial institutions globally. With fixed supply, HODLing, and a surge in demand, the outcome on price is obvious.

How would an increase in military conflict, in the ME, or elsewhere, impact Bitcoin? Any global conflict should be highly positive for Bitcoin demand, and indeed the more severe such conflict, the stronger the demand should be.

Could we see a Bitcoin price movement this year of 30%? Sure we could, given BTC's historical volatility. Bear in mind, volitility works both ways - we could just as easily see a 30% surge. (We have just seen 15% move up over the last 2 weeks).

MayDay - I can see where you get your prediction of a BTC cycle in 2024 from. My view is that this next cycle will run much longer (maybe even right past 2028), primarily because institutional and HNW investors, who will be the major driver of price over the next cycle, take far longer to move, and because the mathematical effect of progressive havening's diminish each time they occur.

PS - just a little factoid - in its entire existence, BTC this year in 2023, has had is lowest annual volatility to date. That is not to say this will continue each year, but overall, as adoption and market cap grow, annual volatility should drop.

As for those no-coiners who whine "oh but its too volatile", my response is that volatility is awesome if you buy low and sell high. If you know that the long term is up, then stacking sats and HODL is the perfect strategy.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9867 on: November 03, 2023, 05:13:15 AM »
Forever the eternal optimist :D

You watch when Microstrategy sell some of their holdings……..

This is good news to hear you bullposting again. I like it when you are like this.

Just a follow up on this Mayday. Since this post, MSTR has continued to buy BTC. And the MSTR stock price has risen from $281 a share to $454 a share over this period.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9868 on: November 03, 2023, 05:16:15 AM »

MicroStrategy CEO Michael Saylor has been a vocal Bitcoin advocate, with his company holding 129,218 Bitcoin (nearly $4.1 billion worth) as of its latest quarterly earnings report.

If the price of Bitcoin falls below $3,562 the company could post some other collateral,” Saylor wrote on Twitter.

Well, it didn't happen mate. Instead of falling BTC falling to $3,562, it pretty much 10x'ed to $35,000. :)

MSTR is now up well over 1 Billion USD on ths value of its BTC holdings.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #9869 on: November 03, 2023, 06:00:52 AM »
Gib going for his victory lap at 50% down from all time highs  :D

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9870 on: November 04, 2023, 01:02:34 AM »
Just a follow up on this Mayday. Since this post, MSTR has continued to buy BTC. And the MSTR stock price has risen from $281 a share to $454 a share over this period.

What can I say but Doom posting is fun lol.

But I did buy at 17.5k and have had positions the entire time, only selling a small part for 2.5x. I egg on both sides bears and bull but I do my own thing.

I said Tesla would sell, they did. I said one day it’ll be shown on their qtrly earnings, no announcement and that’s how it happened. MSTR will sell once they have room for profit taking and you’ll see it in the Qrtly earnings, Saylor isn’t CEO remember?

Make no mistake, MSTR are full degens. Their ‘magic for success’ was junk bonds which was a horrible idea so they moved to a much better plan of issuing new shares for sale to buy more Bitcoin and run their company. Share price goes up, issue new shares, sell to market, buy Bitcoin and run unprofitable business.

However that method means Saylor has so far fucked anybody who ponied up round 1 and 2 of 2028 share maturity by his strategy of share dilution. He is a full degen, not even losing 13B has made him learn a lesson.

*Blackrock has entered the chat*

French

• Getbig IV
  • Solana @ 2000$
« Reply #9871 on: November 04, 2023, 01:25:25 AM »
Dumped 8% today.
Solana does have a lot of hype going on, and institutional interest. My concern is it is more centralized, the FTX estate holds a lot, and it has a history of shutting down. But, it could do well in the future.

It dumped because their Breakpoint event (October 30 - November 3, 2023)  is over. Short term gamblers always do that. Now the upside trend is back.
Shutting down is now history and resilience is mature, "Firedancer" will change the landscape.Web3 is its DNA.
$

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9872 on: November 04, 2023, 02:06:49 AM »

Just remember, it was the businesses that drove coin values into the dirt, not the other way around.

Remember how the price of Gold is suppressed…….. now consider for Bitcoin the 2 largest holders…..

Grayscale have 600,000+ coins and all it takes is no ETF approval to make them bleed out….

MSTR has 2.17B in debt at 6%+. They also have 1B+ in 2 lots of share maturities which were done at 1,100 and 800 from memory. If the share price doesn’t get up and hold up they’ll get share price pressure from the issuance which means no more selling shares to cover operating losses. Their only means to cover interest costs and operations is coin sales……

So while you look at a doubling in the share price and get excited, remember it’s -64% from 2021, holds 2.17B of junk bond debt and has 1B in share maturity to give to some very pissed off people 👀

This is while I have said the DXY will rise and rise and rise. We might not get a downswing in the DXY until after 2034…… urgh it’s almost like holding Gold…… wait, wut? 👀

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9873 on: November 06, 2023, 08:50:54 AM »
Gib going for his victory lap at 50% down from all time highs  :D

Haha, nice one. :)

Although the way I look at it, I'm currently up around 700% on my average buy-in price, as opposed to being 50% down.

But either way, every single Bitcoin buyer who has ever bought in any Bitcoin cycle has been up on the subsequent cycle. The key is simply to hodl. Those who happened to buy at 64K (or whatever the last peak was) will be nicely in the money this next cycle if they just simply HODL.

For those who want some inspiration, check this out:

&t=34s

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9874 on: November 09, 2023, 01:31:15 AM »
36 now.

This set up should be so obvious to you boys. We are are likely the smartest ones here when it comes to finance. That BTC is about to surge is obvious to me (for reasons I already explained)

Also check out Filecoin if anyone is interested in a true utility token with a project already making money and posed for massive adoption ahead, which, if you are really looking for an "alt" coin, I would consider. (Totally different form Bitcoin -  being a utility token and an unregistered security, but a very interesting and legit project nevertheless which has true potential now being realized.). Good video here - seriously recommend anyone interested take a look and then go and do your own research. The time to buy these things is of course now, well before an "crypto boom".

i=-gVWaRBOxDi825ol