Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 764551 times)

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #10050 on: December 19, 2023, 02:29:23 AM »
Had a nice surprise a moment ago thanks to this thread.  Since I am homeless by GetBig standards I started by putting just a teensy £10k into it in 2022 - but ended up pulling some out for various reasons.  And I didn't look at it again this year since some time in January.  When I checked a moment ago, my pitiful remaining BTC 'investment' moved from ~£4800 in Jan to ~£6400 today

Zero effort LOL - sweet

Well Taffin - now the dilemma you have is whether to sell or not. Right now, Wall St is desperate to get their hands on your Bitcoin. My suggestion is to fight to retain what you have. Do not give it up. Indeed, if you can acquire more now, do so.

You will thank yourself later.

For anyone here who is still not a wholecoiner, you still have the opportunity, but it is fading fast. Do what you can to stack those Sats and then just HODL.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10051 on: December 20, 2023, 06:36:14 AM »
Time to get ready to blast through 44.

Well, and as I told you, there we have 44K. Easy. We may bounce around a bit, but the near term (and long term) trend is upwards.

French

• Getbig IV
  • Solana @ 2000$
« Reply #10052 on: December 20, 2023, 02:16:58 PM »
I told you when Solana was at 16 to sell your house and car
to buy massively.
Ethereum and Bitcoin have fees that are too high and are too slow
and need multiple additionnal stupid layers.
They will collapse in 2024, all investors will convert in Sol.
The release of Fire Dancer will provide the first impetus to its conquest of the first market capitalization.
$

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #10053 on: December 20, 2023, 10:08:52 PM »
to buy massively.
The release of Fire Dancer will provide the first impetus to its conquest of the first market capitalization.

Well done on the gains. You can already have a very impressive DEX experience with Solana. Last bull run small cap fun was on BNBSC, this run now might be the time for some fun wif small caps on Solana  ;)  Dapps like Jupiter, Orca and Raydium make it all incredibly easy to use.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10054 on: December 20, 2023, 10:59:17 PM »
to buy massively.

I don't recall that. Can you quote the post where you did this?

I do recall Obsidian recommending Solana when it was at $250, the absolute peak before its collapse in November 2021. :)

However, either way, Solana has nothing to do with Bitcoin, other than that in every Bitcoin cycle, we will see a "shiny new thing" with a lower market cap, receive some benefit from BTC's rise, and as a result of that smaller market cap, outperform BTC for a period of time (until it doesn't). The ETH fanboys of last cycle are now learning that lesson, let alone everyone else who dabbed in shitcoinery.

I have received a few personal messages what "alts" I would "recommend". I am reluctant to reply to those, and I have explained before why there is a fundamental distinction between alts, shitcoins, penny stocks, Ponzi and pyramid schemes, venture capital investments, unregistered securities etc, and BITCOIN. However, in case anyone really is interested, to the extent you can classify all this as "crypto", I have around 95% in BTC, and then the remainder 5% in alts as follows:

-ETH
-Filecoin
-ChainLink
-Solana
-Uniswap
-Aave
-1 Inch

That by no means should be taken as a suggestion from me that these are good "investments". However, I am fine to sit on them for the next decade and HODL long term, or offload on any surge. And indeed, it would not surprise me at all if for a period of time they do outperform BTC. They are fun to watch jump around, but not to be taken seriously.

But just remember, shitcoins come and go every cycle. Almost all will fail long term. As opposed to BTC which will always only rise over time. Every shitcoiner is a trading "genius', until they are not. Kind of like the story between the hare and the turtle...

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #10055 on: December 21, 2023, 12:00:16 AM »

But just remember, shitcoins come and go every cycle. Almost all will fail long term. As opposed to BTC which will always only rise over time. Every shitcoiner is a trading "genius', until they are not. Kind of like the story between the hare and the turtle...

Maxi bitterness and copium in action. How sad.

Frenchie x5 his bag and the maxi doesn't want to believe it. He posted he had a bag of Solana when it was priced in the high teens

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10056 on: December 21, 2023, 01:09:29 AM »
to buy massively.
Congrats on your gains. Solana @ $86 is still 33% of its ATH of 2021. BTC and ETH did not crash as much as Solana did. It dropped all the way to $8.

I made stupid gains on Doge in 2021. I sold ETH for Doge and once that was substantially in profit bought back my original ETH and left the remainder of Doge as house money. That remainder blew up to above $110,000 just before Elon Musk's SNL appearance. Instead of cashing out some I held it all and it crashed right the fuck down to around $10,000. Still house money. but my distaste for paying taxes and FOMO cost me money. My plan was also to sell just before his SNL appearance because of the "Buy the Rumor, Sell the News" approach. I think I had a work deadline or something else prevented me from selling and when the price started to go down I just HODL'd it down - haha!

Just remember, nothing goes up forever. Expect a pullback with Solana at some point.

Bitcoin and Ethereum will not crash in 2024 because of Solana. Solana is a lot more centralized than both. It's fast at the expense of security. The trick is to have high decentralization and security, and also a high TPS. That's not easy to achieve. Current methods require a compromise. Rest assured the ETH developers are working on reducing the fees and increasing TPS. The coming upgrade will increase the TPS of the ETH L2's to match that of Solana - apparently. And L2s help with decentralization also. The only issue is that the L2's suppresses the ETH price to a certain extent. The lack of L2s on Solana helps its price.

ETH's current tokenomics is better than Solana's. It's seen -1% deflation often the past few days. The supply is expected to go below 120 million around February 2024. By the end of 2025 the supply is expected to be around 117.7 million. Solana's current inflation is around 5.6%, and will decrease by 15% every year until it will settle with an inflation of around 1.5%.

https://ultrasound.money/

https://www.techopedia.com/ethereum-vs-solana-battle-for-l1

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10057 on: December 21, 2023, 01:16:47 AM »

I do recall Obsidian recommending Solana when it was at $250, the absolute peak before its collapse in November 2021. :)

However, either way, Solana has nothing to do with Bitcoin, other than that in every Bitcoin cycle, we will see a "shiny new thing" with a lower market cap, receive some benefit from BTC's rise, and as a result of that smaller market cap, outperform BTC for a period of time (until it doesn't). The ETH fanboys of last cycle are now learning that lesson, let alone everyone else who dabbed in shitcoinery.

I have received a few personal messages what "alts" I would "recommend". I am reluctant to reply to those, and I have explained before why there is a fundamental distinction between alts, shitcoins, penny stocks, Ponzi and pyramid schemes, venture capital investments, unregistered securities etc, and BITCOIN. However, in case anyone really is interested, to the extent you can classify all this as "crypto", I have around 95% in BTC, and then the remainder 5% in alts as follows:

-ETH
-Filecoin
-ChainLink
-Solana
-Uniswap
-Aave
-1 Inch

That by no means should be taken as a suggestion from me that these are good "investments". However, I am fine to sit on them for the next decade and HODL long term, or offload on any surge. And indeed, it would not surprise me at all if for a period of time they do outperform BTC. They are fun to watch jump around, but not to be taken seriously.

Can you find that Solana post of mine? I have never purchased or traded Solana. But as soon as we hit 2024 (for tax reasons) I will convert some shitcoins to Solana. I still have IOTA from back in 2017/18 when Matt C was all in on it. I remember the IOTA FOMO lol! It's still moving along as a project but turned out to be a disappointment.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10058 on: December 21, 2023, 02:57:29 AM »
Here is the only post of French I can find on this topic:

Solana will replace Ethereum.
All layers in one Blockchain
Faster, no fees, decentralized, Web3 leader, payment, transactions, smart contracts, NFT champions..

Soon at 80 then 120, 360, 690, 1400 $

Price was around $60 at that time.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10059 on: December 21, 2023, 03:00:08 AM »
And here is the quote from Obsidian for what its worth. Tooke me a while go find it, but a have a good memory! :)

Seriously I would look at Solana, Cardano, Decentraland. Probably won't hurt grabbing a little Shiba and Doge and HEX. But those are volatile. If you can buy a big dip it could be worth it. I will probably get some Shiba in the future just to play around with. I think Bitcoin and ETH still have a ways to go up. I plan on getting some Bitcoin in the future if there are signs that we have reached the top. Bitcoin is the most stable of cryptos in a bear market. But with all the dollar printing there is no way of knowing when we reach a top.

If the SEC / XRP resolves favorably look for that to go up in value quite a bit. I still have hopes for IOTA. They had many setbacks the past few years but the project has shown some progress lately. However IOTA has been a disappointment. I have not sold my 2018 tokens though.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10060 on: December 21, 2023, 03:09:44 AM »
Long time since I've participated in this thread, but for what it's worth, I've consolidated all the money I had in crypto into 2 "coins".

Hold 1 Bitcoin and a few thousand in Chainlink. That's it.

"1"

Good thinking!

I am being a total degen. Utter pieces of shit. If I see ‘Spastic Coin’ released I will go all in.

I have the inflationary cycle ending in 2032-2034 which means I see price going back to 25k anyway at some point so I don’t see any reason to rush for long term BTC while we have crypto filled with stupid shitcoins.

It’d be funny if all the pullback crew got burned and we went straight to ATH in Q1 2024 for the ETF approval.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10061 on: December 21, 2023, 03:30:55 AM »
Good thinking!

I am being a total degen. Utter pieces of shit. If I see ‘Spastic Coin’ released I will go all in.

Could work quite well, especially if you get timing and risk management right, and scale in / out.

Not for me though other than a bit of fun. I am quite happy simply stacking sats.

I know someone who has been trading a mixture of BTC and alts since 2017. Leverage wipe outs, Fibanachie trends, double witch candles, bla bla, 10X gains, cocaine fueled non-stop 36 hour trading sessions, became an ETH fanboy, etc. And from his initial investment he is up nearly 4x his money. (Started with 1m USD, now worth 3.9m).

I pointed out to him, that had he simply bought BTC at his mid 2017 start date, he would have been up around 16x to 16m, instead of 4x to 3.9m. He was not happy to hear that but that's the truth. :)

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #10062 on: December 21, 2023, 04:43:26 AM »

It was about $18 when he posted this

I hold 1400 SOL in a hard wallet ledger.
I hope to be a millionaire one day.

Could work quite well, especially if you get timing and risk management right, and scale in / out.

I pointed out to him, that had he simply bought BTC at his mid 2017 start date, he would have been up around 16x to 16m, instead of 4x to 3.9m. He was not happy to hear that but that's the truth. :)

You are right here. Most people do mess up as you described. You can even hold someones hand and tell them when to buy and sell with perfect entry and they still find a way to mess up.

I won't mention any alts (although I have already hinted at one I've entered) until post BTC ETF. What I will mention is Hut 8 mining which look undervalued right now compared to Mara and Riot.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10063 on: December 21, 2023, 04:50:13 AM »
I am not a huge fan of miners, but, if bought at the right time during a cycle they can rise at a leveraged degree to the underlying asset, but like with gold miners.

Have not looked at any miners specifically, although in general my gut feeling (without even having looked) is that they are likely to be overpriced.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10064 on: December 21, 2023, 05:55:41 AM »
And here is the quote from Obsidian for what its worth. Tooke me a while go find it, but a have a good memory! :)
lmao! You had to put some work in!  ;D

I did mention in that post that these assets are volatile. But come to think of it, Bitcoin is also still volatile. It went from $68k to 16k and back to $44k in a relatively short span. Not as volatile as Solana, I'll agree.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10065 on: December 21, 2023, 06:02:36 AM »

Not for me though other than a bit of fun. I am quite happy simply stacking sats.

I know someone who has been trading a mixture of BTC and alts since 2017. Leverage wipe outs, Fibanachie trends, double witch candles, bla bla, 10X gains, cocaine fueled non-stop 36 hour trading sessions, became an ETH fanboy, etc. And from his initial investment he is up nearly 4x his money. (Started with 1m USD, now worth 3.9m).

BNB was around $2 in August, 2017. It's currently at $274. That's a 137x return! I bought some BNB when it was $8. I am staking it on Binance.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10066 on: December 21, 2023, 06:06:15 AM »
BTC will soon make a an attempt at the 45K mark. We are still in spring season, but gradually more and more weak hands will be shaken out, leaving hard core hodlers who will hold to 100K+, and that's when demand will really squeeze price up fast.

Such a beautiful thing... :)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #10067 on: December 21, 2023, 06:31:35 AM »
BTC will soon make a an attempt at the 45K mark. We are still in spring season, but gradually more and more weak hands will be shaken out, leaving hard core hodlers who will hold to 100K+, and that's when demand will really squeeze price up fast.

Such a beautiful thing... :)

When?

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10068 on: December 21, 2023, 07:55:37 AM »

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10069 on: December 21, 2023, 08:24:53 PM »
Getting closer to Blackrock approval means getting closer to Grayscale rejection and price suppression. If by chance they approve Grayscale it’ll be because they have dirt on Barry on his accounting.

Approval latest April 2024…… I mean, come on…. They’ve got to be fucking with everyone lol 😂

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10070 on: December 21, 2023, 09:21:46 PM »
Getting closer to Blackrock approval means getting closer to Grayscale rejection and price suppression. If by chance they approve Grayscale it’ll be because they have dirt on Barry on his accounting.

Approval latest April 2024…… I mean, come on…. They’ve got to be fucking with everyone lol 😂

I think btc should be trading 10-15k higher,  only reason it's not is because there's still a chance ETF gets rejected. Seeing prices 50-60k wouldn't surprise  me before a cool down, then you have the halving event, interest rate drops and Fair Value Accounting for btc end of the year. I see  no reason this beast doesn't run 130-300,k this cycle.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #10071 on: December 21, 2023, 10:53:03 PM »

ETFs basically look good to go, only question is if it early Jan or sooner.

The SEC got their revenge on Barry and GBTC by having ETFs cash creation/redemption making it an unfavourable environment for GBTC to convert. GBTC will probably wait until "in kind" ETFs get the go ahead and will lose some of the head start they've built.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/sec-could-make-crypto-history-in-new-year-with-first-spot-bitcoin-etf-approval

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10072 on: December 22, 2023, 09:04:23 PM »
I think btc should be trading 10-15k higher,  only reason it's not is because there's still a chance ETF gets rejected. Seeing prices 50-60k wouldn't surprise  me before a cool down, then you have the halving event, interest rate drops and Fair Value Accounting for btc end of the year. I see  no reason this beast doesn't run 130-300,k this cycle.

ETF approval is already priced in. Blackrock have a 98% chance and everyone knew that when they made the application.

ETFs basically look good to go, only question is if it early Jan or sooner.

The SEC got their revenge on Barry and GBTC by having ETFs cash creation/redemption making it an unfavourable environment for GBTC to convert. GBTC will probably wait until "in kind" ETFs get the go ahead and will lose some of the head start they've built.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/sec-could-make-crypto-history-in-new-year-with-first-spot-bitcoin-etf-approval

What is the reason so many are upset that the ETF doesn't allow self custody? That's the whole point of the ETF isn't it? You can buy in, sell out whenever you want without needing to actually worry about owning the asset personally.

French

• Getbig IV
  • Solana @ 2000$
« Reply #10073 on: December 23, 2023, 02:43:28 AM »

That's right, there was just a post a few weeks before where I said I had 1400 SOL, now I have 1575 SOL.
I revised my posts and thought I posted a post in early 2023.
Like everyone else, I suffered the bear market and when I saw the fall of Solana, I converted all my remaining crypto for 8k @$10.5 at the end of December 2022.
Then I bought every month in 2023, several times in a month depending on available cash, sometimes for 40, 80, 120, 200 up to 700 for a total of 20k to date.
I had an additional surprise gain of +7k when I converted some SOL to the new stable coin AEUR in order to benefit from a pullback and buy more SOL. but AEUR increased over 200% because people didn't realize it was a stable coin, when I saw that crazy move, I converted all my AEUR to SOL to gain around  an extra 140 SOL.
The reason I bought in December 2022 even though I was a little depressed about hitting an all-time low with my cryptos is because nothing has changed with the Solana ecosystem.
FTX was not related to governance, nor to the owner or founder.
Network outages weren't that frequent, performance and reliability were constantly improving, and the Solana tokens owned and locked by FTX already existed, already issued, so basically it made absolutely no difference to liquidity. Then I read the project and found out that they have the best development community and parallelization features with an ecosystem that doesn't have a ton of layers to make it more efficient, more cost-effective, and faster. I don't think people or institutions will bear high transaction fees in the future.
$

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10074 on: December 23, 2023, 03:13:16 AM »
That's right, there was just a post a few weeks before where I said I had 1400 SOL, now I have 1575 SOL.
I revised my posts and thought I posted a post in early 2023.
Like everyone else, I suffered the bear market and when I saw the fall of Solana, I converted all my remaining crypto for 8k @$10.5 at the end of December 2022.
Then I bought every month in 2023, several times in a month depending on available cash, sometimes for 40, 80, 120, 200 up to 700 for a total of 20k to date.
I had an additional surprise gain of +7k when I converted some SOL to the new stable coin AEUR in order to benefit from a pullback and buy more SOL. but AEUR increased over 200% because people didn't realize it was a stable coin, when I saw that crazy move, I converted all my AEUR to SOL to gain around  an extra 140 SOL.
The reason I bought in December 2022 even though I was a little depressed about hitting an all-time low with my cryptos is because nothing has changed with the Solana ecosystem.
FTX was not related to governance, nor to the owner or founder.
Network outages weren't that frequent, performance and reliability were constantly improving, and the Solana tokens owned and locked by FTX already existed, already issued, so basically it made absolutely no difference to liquidity. Then I read the project and found out that they have the best development community and parallelization features with an ecosystem that doesn't have a ton of layers to make it more efficient, more cost-effective, and faster. I don't think people or institutions will bear high transaction fees in the future.
TPS and transaction fees seem to be irrelevant for BTC because of the Store of Value narrative. You're not going to buy coffee with BTC on Layer 1. Ethereum's high fees have never been a huge issue for me with any of my trades, but I can see how someone doing many micro trades would want a low transaction fee.

Part of the reason for Ethereum's high fee is the burning mechanism. ETH deflation is tied to the burning of transaction fees. Institutions and ETF investors will appreciate the deflationary and staking yield components of Ethereum. The fees would be less relevant. And for those that want to buy a cup of coffee with BTC or ETH they can use a L2. The L2 user experience is still a mess that needs to be improved.

Solana has been itching to pop higher. Its increase has been wild after the FTX crash. There's some uncertainty if the price will be tied to large sell-off action from FTX and Almeda.

https://coingape.com/is-solanas-sol-market-performance-tied-to-ftx-alameda-liquidations/

I do plan to get some Solana in early 2024. Good luck with your portfolio!