Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 764730 times)

Mayday

• Getbig IV
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #10125 on: January 03, 2024, 03:06:31 PM »
Does this help? Something is wrong if you have to pay $20. Uniswap and Metamask support ETH L2s.

Cheers for the clip, i'll have to watch it through but with exchanges i am still paying huge money for a transfer.

I participated in an ICO last night and getting my ETH off an exchange to my wallet was about USD20 and by the time the ICO opened i paid USD35 just to transfer my ETH over lol. Talk about an unusable POS.

Gold and Silver are excellent conductors of electricity. Both are used in electronics and electrical devices. The price of Gold was also suppressed by the US government to promote the USD as the world's reserve currency. A sky-high gold price would undermine the US dollar and also affect the cost of electronics and other devices.

The death of the dollar could very well be because it was politicized with the Russian invasion of Ukraine. Nations now are concerned about opting into a currency that could be used against them depending on the way the wind blows - lol! So in the long run it may not be possible for the bankrupt US to suppress Gold or cryptocurrencies. They can try and ban ownership, sure. But I see the US political system as totally corrupt and beyond saving. It's rotting from within, and its influence is waning. But we'll see what happens in the next few years...

https://www.numismaticnews.net/coin-market/is-golds-price-manipulated

The USD is the global standard by a long mile. It won't change. The most aggressive inflationary event in 40yrs has done what? Made it stronger (DXY). The countries leaving are because their own currency is failing, sure go and trade among other failing currency nations and see how that works.......

Self ownership will be banned, that is a certainty unfortunately as the US has it as a key objective.

FWIW this is how an Autist brain sees the chart. If we do peak in Q4 2024 then next peak timing I will look for is out towards 2036. Better pray I am horrifically wrong 🙏

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10126 on: January 04, 2024, 03:35:39 AM »
Cheers for the clip, i'll have to watch it through but with exchanges i am still paying huge money for a transfer.

The USD is the global standard by a long mile. It won't change. The most aggressive inflationary event in 40yrs has done what? Made it stronger.

Self ownership will be banned, that is a certainty unfortunately as the US has it as a key objective.

FWIW this is how an Autist brain sees the chart. If we do peak in Q4 2024 then next peak timing I will look for is out towards 2036. Better pray I am horrifically wrong 🙏

Lets be clear though, the USD weakens every day in terms of purchasing power. It's just that it is one of the more the least bad currencies in terms of decline of value when compared to others. But ALL fiat currencies are weakening in purchasing power over time, which is why BTC over time will continue to increase in value against the USD (let alone all other global fiat currencies).

You can't in practice, realistically enforce a ban on self-ownership of an intangible asset which is a bearer instrument, as you can't in practice, realistically ban freedom of thought. If we ever get to such a point in any country, most people would leave it if possible, unless they get physically trapped by force (North Korea as an example).

In terms of graphs, take a look at this on @Mayday.

https://www.blockchaincenter.net/en/bitcoin-rainbow-chart/

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10127 on: January 04, 2024, 04:03:45 AM »
Lets be clear though, the USD weakens every day in terms of purchasing power. It's just that it is one of the more the least bad currencies in terms of decline of value when compared to others. But ALL fiat currencies are weakening in purchasing power over time, which is why BTC over time will continue to increase in value against the USD (let alone all other global fiat currencies).

You can't in practice, realistically enforce a ban on self-ownership of an intangible asset which is a bearer instrument, as you can't in practice, realistically ban freedom of thought. If we ever get to such a point in any country, most people would leave it if possible, unless they get physically trapped by force (North Korea as an example).

In terms of graphs, take a look at this on @Mayday.

https://www.blockchaincenter.net/en/bitcoin-rainbow-chart/

Inflation is growth. That’s how it all works and why purchasing power shifts.

You ban self custody by blocking on/off ramps. It’s easy to do. BTC will be fine, I don’t have a problem with that one, it’s ETH which is loaded with risk from self custody alts.

The rainbow chart is a joke. Last round it fucked up, missed the top and overshot the bottom. So they left the top to show BS peaks and added a lower line to make out that it still works lol. PlanB model was a bucket of shit aswell. Dickhead even blocked me 😂

The true curve is how I have drawn it. You don’t make imaginary peaks when it misses. From the last run it fell out of its curve. both peak and lows were well out of the projection so when you adjust for that you get a softening over a time period.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10128 on: January 04, 2024, 07:02:24 AM »
Inflation is growth. That’s how it all works and why purchasing power shifts.

You ban self custody by blocking on/off ramps. It’s easy to do. BTC will be fine, I don’t have a problem with that one, it’s ETH which is loaded with risk from self custody alts.

The rainbow chart is a joke. Last round it fucked up, missed the top and overshot the bottom. So they left the top to show BS peaks and added a lower line to make out that it still works lol. PlanB model was a bucket of shit aswell. Dickhead even blocked me 😂

The true curve is how I have drawn it. You don’t make imaginary peaks when it misses. From the last run it fell out of its curve. both peak and lows were well out of the projection so when you adjust for that you get a softening over a time period.

You are confusing productivity with inflation. Basically, as we become more productive, things should be getting CHEAPER, not more expensive. Indeed they are cheaper, but only in real terms, not nominal terms. This is because the productivity gains are offset by money-printing and currency devaluations. The fact that a house is 100x more expensive than it was 100 years ago, is not because the house is actually "worth more". It is because, there is 100x more cash in supply. If priced in BTC, houses, as an example, would be getting cheaper (due to improvements in manufacturing technology), not more expense (population and land supply issues aside). If supply of money was entirely fixed, prices of everything would actually be falling in nominal terms, as that same amount of money would need to be spread across a bigger total pie, this being ever increasingly thinly spread. Basic mathematics. Thus, you can see, productivity is actually DEFLATIONARY, and it is the money printing which is inflationary.

If inflation was equated to growth, then countries like Nigeria, Turkey, Venezuela, and Argentina would be growing fast. Any country can produce inflation by money printing. But such inflation does not equate to growth, nor does real growth lead to inflation (which is just currency devaluation caused by money printing). It is all dependent on the amount of currency in circulation. Believing that inflation equates with or is caused by growth is like people who believe in perpetual motion machine - if only it were that easy...just print more money... :)

Here is a great video which explains it:

i=mUyjRfLmFMy999bn

As for blocking on/off ramps, humans have throughout history found ways to protect value from theft and oppression, and to preserve and transfer value outside of the system. Even in highly restricted environments, such as prisons, or North Korea or China, people find innovative ways to do this.

Many ways exist to acquire BTC with no on-ramp. You can provide services for BTC, you can sell goods for BTC, and vice versa. You can trade peer to peer, not needing any intermediary. Over time, economic value always flows to where it is safest, no matter how hard you try to block it. This is what every single country has discovered, which is why not one "ban" on Bitcoin has ever succeeded. Indeed, in many countries, many adopters of BTC don't even have bank accounts (if this is what you mean by on/off ramps), yet BTC is thriving in demand, use and adoption.

Rainbow chart makes use of both logarithmic scale, overlaid with 4 year cycles. I think its a useful reference to consider, but I agree the past of course does not necessarily predict the future. And even if mathematically correct, you may not get perfect fit, due to a multitude of impactful global events, just like a flower which might in theory grow perfectly in a controlled environment, but in the "real world" will get blemishes due to weather patterns, insects, etc, and just like every season spring, summer, autumn, winter is not perfectly identical year to year. But the overall DNA of the growth and general weather pattern is there. Plan B's most famous chart plots stock to flow. Also interesting, but again obviously not a watertight match, and of course influenced by other variables. At the end of the day, these charts are tools, which you can use and incorporate into your own alculations, rather then perfect predictors.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10129 on: January 04, 2024, 05:42:09 PM »
You are confusing productivity with inflation. Basically, as we become more productive, things should be getting CHEAPER, not more expensive. Indeed they are cheaper, but only in real terms, not nominal terms. This is because the productivity gains are offset by money-printing and currency devaluations. The fact that a house is 100x more expensive than it was 100 years ago, is not because the house is actually "worth more". It is because, there is 100x more cash in supply. If priced in BTC, houses, as an example, would be getting cheaper (due to improvements in manufacturing technology), not more expense (population and land supply issues aside). If supply of money was entirely fixed, prices of everything would actually be falling in nominal terms, as that same amount of money would need to be spread across a bigger total pie, this being ever increasingly thinly spread. Basic mathematics. Thus, you can see, productivity is actually DEFLATIONARY, and it is the money printing which is inflationary.

If inflation was equated to growth, then countries like Nigeria, Turkey, Venezuela, and Argentina would be growing fast. Any country can produce inflation by money printing. But such inflation does not equate to growth, nor does real growth lead to inflation (which is just currency devaluation caused by money printing). It is all dependent on the amount of currency in circulation. Believing that inflation equates with or is caused by growth is like people who believe in perpetual motion machine - if only it were that easy...just print more money... :)

Here is a great video which explains it:

i=mUyjRfLmFMy999bn

As for blocking on/off ramps, humans have throughout history found ways to protect value from theft and oppression, and to preserve and transfer value outside of the system. Even in highly restricted environments, such as prisons, or North Korea or China, people find innovative ways to do this.

Many ways exist to acquire BTC with no on-ramp. You can provide services for BTC, you can sell goods for BTC, and vice versa. You can trade peer to peer, not needing any intermediary. Over time, economic value always flows to where it is safest, no matter how hard you try to block it. This is what every single country has discovered, which is why not one "ban" on Bitcoin has ever succeeded. Indeed, in many countries, many adopters of BTC don't even have bank accounts (if this is what you mean by on/off ramps), yet BTC is thriving in demand, use and adoption.

Rainbow chart makes use of both logarithmic scale, overlaid with 4 year cycles. I think its a useful reference to consider, but I agree the past of course does not necessarily predict the future. And even if mathematically correct, you may not get perfect fit, due to a multitude of impactful global events, just like a flower which might in theory grow perfectly in a controlled environment, but in the "real world" will get blemishes due to weather patterns, insects, etc, and just like every season spring, summer, autumn, winter is not perfectly identical year to year. But the overall DNA of the growth and general weather pattern is there. Plan B's most famous chart plots stock to flow. Also interesting, but again obviously not a watertight match, and of course influenced by other variables. At the end of the day, these charts are tools, which you can use and incorporate into your own alculations, rather then perfect predictors.

No dude. The Measurement of growth is based on dollar value regardless of what caused it.

Both currency debasement (volume decreases) and productivity (volume increases) are measured in dollar terms and both provide value growth. Or are you suggesting you would sell your property for -45% because the growth is not real….. you can’t pick and choose which is why the arguments against inflation always fall over.

Argentina economy vs US is a retarded comparison. 99% inflation vs 2.5%. Argentina didn’t follow the rules and blew up their capital base, the US followed the rules. US GDP is positive from the inflation = no recession, and we have full employment. You don’t adjust for purchasing power in GDP.

The largest/fastest property gains come during the money printing inflationary cycles. The largest productivity gains/share market gains come AFTER the printing cycle ends. Both cycles need each other  in order to do their job.

If you have a fixed money supply you fail. I’ve used my Monopoly example time and again. If the true value is the money itself, there is no desire to invest because you only dilute your wealth. That’s a topic itself to explain the pitfalls of this method.

The question you and others should ask yourself is ‘what is money?’ because if you don’t understand that, you don’t understand why the current system behaves like it does.

You and I would surely agree that if the space was cleaned up self custody would be a non-issue because we’d be safe to hold in banks. You just won’t like what regulation does to the price as it’s being cleaned up.

The rainbow chart is a scam. Stock to flow was a scam and I am blocked by PlanB lol 😂 he drew up multiple models and got people wrecked. He Was outed as someone who was not of the background he claimed. He was calling for 500k and we got 14% of the way there and you refer to it as not watertight? My friend, he is a scammer. Rainbow was so wrong they added a new line to the bottom to make out like it was right while showing the peak was missed entirely.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10130 on: January 05, 2024, 03:23:13 AM »
@Mayday - bro, you are a smart guy, but you are confusing concepts (and you are not the first do to so).

I'll and explain it simply by using a very simple imaginary hypothetical to explain the concept. Please read below carefully, (and be sure to watch the Jeff Booth video I posted above).

Lets say we have 100 identical people, living in a country, who all annually produce 1 apple each. And lets say the total amount of money in supply is $100, and they only thing they spend money on is apples. The cost of each apple would be 1$ (being 100 apples divided by a total of $100 in circulation).

Now, imagine that the supply of money is fixed. Does that mean that people would all be content just with one apple? No, of course not. They would still be incentivized to be productive, and to get more apples from others, or to grow more. The human desire to be efficient, productive, and maximize returns does not diminish just because the supply of money is fixed.

So, now imagine a scenario where with fixed money supply, everyone has become more productive. Imagine that due to better farming, more hard work, or just the luck of better weather, that they now produce 10 apples each. What happens to the cost of apples as a result of this increased productivity? Prices of apples fall! That's right  - each apple, now only costs 10 cents. Increased productivity resulted in DEFLATION.

Similarly, lets now take a scenario where they are just still producing 1 apple (ie no increase in productivity), but the Government increases money supply by 10x. So now we have $1000 in supply, but the same number of apples being produced. Now each apple will cost $10. Now we have INFLATION in the price, yet there has been zero improvement in productivity.

Its really a very basic concept.

You do not need money printing to produce economic growth. Try playing monopoly without money being added into the system. You will see the same incentives still apply. Property owners still want to maximize their profits, and the best allocators of capital over time will still thrive over others. All money is, is a ledger. The problem with fiat currencies of course, is that they are all corrupt ledgers (some more corrupt than others), whereas Bitcoin is not. And this is why Bitcoin, over time, succeeds against all fiat currencies. All fiat currencies devalue over time (resulting in inflation, as the same amount of currency purchases less over time), and just because some devalue more than others, it does not mean that the slowest devaluing currency is actually gaining in real terms. Just like if you had 10 horses all running backwards, it does not mean that the least worst running horse is actually running forwards (although in relative terms, compared to the other horses, it may be appearing to do so - which is actually an illusion as over time, none are actually getting any closer to the finish line).

Similarly you do not need inflation or money printing to create productivity. For example, this is why in the US between 1880 and 1914, there was a surge in productivity, yet inflation averaged 0.1% per annum during this period Why? Because they money supply was fixed (ie on the Gold Standard). So its really absolutely absurd to suggest that "if you have a fixed money supply you fail". Give it some thought - you will eventually get it.

You are really confusing real value and productivity with nominal prices when you say that "the largest/fastest property gains come during the money printing inflationary cycles." I'll give you another very basic example. Lets say the average home in a country is worth 100K. How to we make everyone millionaires? We just debase the currency and print 10x the amount of money, and boom, each houses now worth 1 million! If only it were that simple :) So yes, everyone is now 10x richer, but that money now can only purchase 1/10 as much. Its like having a perpetual motion machine which defies the laws of physics. Many politicians fall into this trap, and they all realize eventually learn the hard way.

So its really absolutely absurd to suggest that "if you have a fixed money supply you fail".

As for being safe to hold BTC in banks, my view is that anytime you deposit anything with a 3rd party, you are not the owner. Money with a bank is simply a debt owed to you. Its not "your money". Bank goes under, and all you are is a creditor who has a claim against the bank. The ETF's will be highly regulated, so pretty safe, but still, "not your keys not your coin".

I don't think any financial model can be called a "scam" unless you are investing with the creator of that model on the belief that it will produce a promised return. And if you are doing that, then you are not understanding what the purpose of a model is (and again, perhaps some smart people really are confused on this). The purpose of financial models are to guide us in predicting what may occur in the future. And models are of course tweaked as new data constantly impacts the model. But by all means, we should always critically assess any model, use it / reject it. modify it, weight it etc, as we see fit, and incorporate it into our overall predictions along with all other variables as we best see fit. If Plan B said tha "x WILL HAPPEN", then clearly he was wrong. Any responsible analyst would frame it more carefully and explain that based on their model, which may or may not be correct, and in the absence of all other variables, x, is LIKELY TO HAPPEN. This distinction should be obvious, but I can see how people in mainstream YouTube-influencer land perhaps took these predictions as statements of fact and followed on blind faith. If so, lesson hopefully learned.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #10131 on: January 05, 2024, 05:26:30 AM »
One thing often mentioned about Bitcoin is that it's worth depends on The Greater Fool Theory.

>

Greater fool theory

In finance, the greater fool theory suggests that one can sometimes make money through the purchase of overvalued assets — items with a purchase price drastically exceeding the intrinsic value — if those assets can later be resold at an even higher price.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10132 on: January 05, 2024, 05:38:19 AM »
One thing often mentioned about Bitcoin is that it's worth depends on The Greater Fool Theory.

>

Greater fool theory

In finance, the greater fool theory suggests that one can sometimes make money through the purchase of overvalued assets — items with a purchase price drastically exceeding the intrinsic value — if those assets can later be resold at an even higher price.

Neither BTC nor paper /fiat money have any intrinsic value. Both rely entirely on faith and confidence that others will continue to accept it and give it the value it had when it was acquired. The main difference being is that BTC is fixed and limited in supply, whereas paper / fiat money is not. What we, as investors, protectors and allocators of our capital need to do, is decide which currencies are likely to retain or increase in confidence, demand and adoption over time, and which ones will fail.

What we do know, with certainty, is that all fiat currencies decline in value over time, whereas BTC is finite in supply.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #10133 on: January 05, 2024, 05:40:50 AM »
Neither BTC nor paper /fiat money have any intrinsic value. Both rely entirely on faith and confidence that others will continue to accept it and give it the value it had when it was acquired. The main difference being is that BTC is fixed and limited in supply, whereas paper /fiat money is not.

Who the f*ck would care if something without any intrinsic value is fixed and limited in supply or not? ;D

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10134 on: January 05, 2024, 05:43:27 AM »
Who the f*ck would care if something without any intrinsic value is fixed and limited in supply or not? ;D

Pretty much just anyone wanting an incorruptible global ledger for storing value...

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #10135 on: January 05, 2024, 05:50:07 AM »
Neither BTC nor paper /fiat money have any intrinsic value. Both rely entirely on faith and confidence that others will continue to accept it and give it the value it had when it was acquired. The main difference being is that BTC is fixed and limited in supply, whereas paper / fiat money is not. What we, as investors, protectors and allocators of our capital need to do, is decide which currencies are likely to retain or increase in confidence, demand and adoption over time, and which ones will fail.

What we do know, with certainty, is that all fiat currencies decline in value over time, whereas BTC is finite in supply.

How is Bitcoin fixed in supply when people make more with computers?

Can you go in the supermarket and buy groceries with Bitcoin or do you have to convert your Bitcoin into fiat currency first?

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #10136 on: January 05, 2024, 05:51:39 AM »
Can you really make alot of money on bitcoin trading platforms? On Facebook you see pictures of happy people with wads of cash in front of new homes etc and I find it hard to believe.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #10137 on: January 05, 2024, 05:53:10 AM »
Can you really make alot of money on bitcoin trading platforms? On Facebook you see pictures of happy people with wads of cash in front of new homes etc and I find it hard to believe.

There are photos on the internet of happy multi-level marketing (like AmWay) distributors living in waterfront mansions with luxury cars.

It does happen but it is extremely rare.  So rare it is comparable to winning a huge lottery Mega Jackpot.

affeman

• Getbig V
« Reply #10138 on: January 05, 2024, 05:56:51 AM »
Pretty much just anyone wanting an incorruptible global ledger for storing value...

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #10139 on: January 05, 2024, 05:58:59 AM »
Neither BTC nor paper /fiat money have any intrinsic value.

I love my paper/fiat money.  I use it to buy stocks, bonds, property, cars, pay bills, pay for food, vacations, and anything else I want to.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10140 on: January 05, 2024, 06:00:38 AM »
i=6JhKgpgfzHfmIDvA

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10141 on: January 05, 2024, 06:03:25 AM »
I love my paper/fiat money.  I use it to buy stocks, bonds, property, cars, pay bills, pay for food, vacations, and anything else I want to.

Love it so much that you will do anything with it other than actually hold it as a store of value. On the other hand, we can use BTC to buy whatever we want too, only BTC goes up in value over the long term, whereas paper/fiat declines...

affeman

• Getbig V
« Reply #10142 on: January 05, 2024, 06:04:42 AM »
Love it so much that you will do anything with it other than actually hold it as a store of value. On the other hand, we can use BTC to buy whatever we want too, only BTC goes up in value over the long term, whereas paper/fiat declines...

If u say so.... :)

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10143 on: January 05, 2024, 06:36:56 AM »

Can you go in the supermarket and buy groceries with Bitcoin or do you have to convert your Bitcoin into fiat currency first?

Read this thread from the beginning. These questions have been answered many times.

This may also help...

https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf

affeman

• Getbig V
« Reply #10144 on: January 05, 2024, 06:51:54 AM »

This limited supply saga is fake anyway. Considering how many people I already know personally who own 1 or more BTC just in my small rural home area in Europe, there is no f*ing way there can be only 21 million of them worldwide :D

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10145 on: January 05, 2024, 11:18:07 AM »
The main difference being is that BTC is fixed and limited in supply, whereas paper / fiat money is not.
Interesting that ZCASH never got the traction of Bitcoin. ZEC also has a finite supply of 21 million, like Bitcoin. In addition, it offers better privacy than Bitcoin, so your transactions are not exposed. In 2017/18 the price ran up to $700. Then it crashed, rebounded a little in 2021 and is now back at $25. I think the reason is governments don't like the opaqueness of Zcash or Monero, and miners / investors have therefore not really gotten involved with it on a larger scale for fear of a crack down perhaps. And institutions prefer more transparency.

I mined a little Zcash for a few weeks in 2018 but quickly switched al my rigs to Ethereum. Glad I did, that would have been a huge loss. And yes, I did pay taxes on the mined ZEC. If I cash out on that now I would probably get a little tax loss to offset any other profits.

Point is, the finite supply narrative is only part of the story. There are even less Monero XMR in circulation than BTC - 18.38 million. It has a very low inflation which is set to go to 0%. It was founded in 2014 and even with it's small inflation only grew to 18.38 million. And it's privacy features are way better than Bitcoin.

What is Zcash?
ZCash (ZEC) is a fully anonymous and decentralized blockchain and cryptocurrency. Transactions on its proof of work blockchain are untraceable because of zero-knowledge cryptography. It was created in response to, their words, bitcoin’s flaws. It uses the same algorithm as bitcoin but then in combination with semi-transparent processing, to avoid the transparency of bitcoin. The user transaction data is revealed selectively.

The goal of ZCash
Zcash is developed to overcome bitcoin’s privacy “flaws” and uses zero-knowledge proofs to verify and validate transactions. ZCash’s blockchain aims to provide practical utility for businesses and large organizations interested in systems that combine the benefits of blockchain technology with privacy.

Who started ZCash
In 2016, ZCash was founded by Zooko Wilcox-O’Hearn in response to demands for an open financial system with added privacy features. Zcash’s roots lie in Zerocoin, which was developed in the 1980s; ZCash was initially launched as Zerocash back in 2014.

What is Monero?
Monero (XMR) is a cryptocurrency which focuses on being untraceable and private. It differs from Bitcoin's in a few key ways, but is very similar to Bitcoin: it’s an anonymous version of Bitcoin. It can be used to buy and sell things, and be exchanged for other coins or tokens.

The goal of Monero
The privacy features of Monero gives it its most value. No one can link Monero cryptocurrency transactions to a person. Monero is also created for its fungibility, all Monero coins are identical and mutually interchangeable. Monero has dynamic scalability, which means it has no “pre-set” block size limit. Monero has ASIC resistance and multiple keys.

Who started Monero
Bytecoin, launched in 2012, was the precursor of Monero. It was the first digital currency that was written using a technology called CryptoNote. CryptoNote is the spine of most of the privacy-based cryptocurrencies that exist, including Monero. However, there were a few issues with Bytecoin, which lead to a group of seven developers to fork the Bytecoin blockchain. The new currency would be known as Bitmonero, later named Monero. Five of the seven developers decided to stay anonymous. Only two of these Monero developers are known: Riccardo Spagni and David Latapie.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10146 on: January 05, 2024, 11:21:28 AM »
This limited supply saga is fake anyway. Considering how many people I already know personally who own 1 or more BTC just in my small rural home area in Europe, there is no f*ing way there can be only 21 million of them worldwide :D
The blockchain is transparent. Just because you know a few people who own 1 or more BTC does not mean the supply is more than 21 million. You're speculating.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10147 on: January 05, 2024, 11:24:44 AM »
i=6JhKgpgfzHfmIDvA
Youtube really needs to crack down on the Michael Saylor Deep Fake scams that are being advertised all over the place. You'd think someone will sue the fuck out of them. Those are paid advertisements that's designed to lure people and steal their fucking money. Where is the SEC when they are really needed?! Imagine if these ads appeared on CNN. I've seen these ads many times the past few weeks.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #10148 on: January 05, 2024, 11:27:00 AM »
I can understand the attraction of Bitcoin for privacy.

On crime TV shows they use it to be anonymous in paying and receiving payments from illicit activities.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10149 on: January 05, 2024, 11:28:19 AM »

That was not a debate. It was an edited piece. I don't think they have ever debated. I would love to see Vitalik Buterin debate Schiff! Buterin has the uncanny way of not ever talking about the value of the assets or how much money is at stake. He talks about the tech, the social effect, censorship issues, shit like that - lol! He did once mention that gold was lame and the kids of today don't want to own stocks either.  ;D