Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 764522 times)

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #10375 on: February 28, 2024, 08:14:30 AM »
https://99bitcoins.com/bitcoin-obituaries/

For all the Bitcoin bears.

If it hits golds market cap that’s a price of 650,000 a BTC still cheap right now. Get some ETF if you can’t hold actual coins.

BTC will very obviously hit Gold's market cap. Its better than gold on all core metrics of money. When that will happen I am not sure. Two years? Maybe 5? Either way, mark my words, it WILL happen. Anyone except the most stubborn and bigotted remaining no-coiners should now see this trend is well underway.

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #10376 on: February 28, 2024, 08:22:53 AM »
Congrats, gib and all the others getbiggers who are invested.  I hope BTC goes to $100K and beyond.

Just a reminder though, volatility of peace:

BTC:
$64,899.00 Apr 13,2021
$35,840.96 Jun 10, 2021

$64,807.73 Nov 11, 2021
$32,933.33 Jan 23, 2022
$15,460.00 by Nov 20, 2022

I'll be in for 50k if it hits $15000 again.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #10377 on: February 28, 2024, 08:31:18 AM »

Just a reminder though, volatility of peace:

For some of us bitcoin isn't volatile enough!

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10378 on: February 28, 2024, 09:07:23 AM »

Pretty dam volatile today innit? And the only people complaining are those not yet invested.

I can only say, to anyone, BUY. HODL.

How hard can it be? The world is slowly learning...

Bitcoin = Truth = Freedom = Prosperity.

SouJerz

• Getbig II
« Reply #10379 on: February 28, 2024, 09:08:21 AM »
BTC will very obviously hit Gold's market cap. Its better than gold on all core metrics of money. When that will happen I am not sure. Two years? Maybe 5? Either way, mark my words, it WILL happen. Anyone except the most stubborn and bigotted remaining no-coiners should now see this trend is well underway.

I agree 99.9%  theres always nuclear war with russia and china.

How many BTC do you have GIB?  Cold storage on a trezor or ledger?  Or are you on an exchange binance, coinbase, kraken?

SouJerz

• Getbig II
« Reply #10380 on: February 28, 2024, 09:10:56 AM »

SouJerz

• Getbig II
« Reply #10381 on: February 28, 2024, 09:22:19 AM »
Pretty dam volatile today innit? And the only people complaining are those not yet invested.

I can only say, to anyone, BUY. HODL.

How hard can it be? The world is slowly learning...

Bitcoin = Truth = Freedom = Prosperity.

If were getting to 650k and then 1.5 million a coin it has to be volatile or "rubber band",   150-200k this cycle then back down to 25-45k, but as said before dont think of BTC as an investment that you plan on selling anytime soon think 5-10 years you will sell maybe even more and at that point you will only have to sell a fraction of your BTC or Satoshi's to buy a house,  HODL.   

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10382 on: February 28, 2024, 09:46:05 AM »
I agree 99.9%  theres always nuclear war with russia and china.

How many BTC do you have GIB?  Cold storage on a trezor or ledger?  Or are you on an exchange binance, coinbase, kraken?

76 (and a very small portion of crypto - ETH, SOL, FIL, Uniswap and Chainlink).

When I started off it was all in cold storage on a hardware wallet. 85% or so still in cold storage. The rest is spread out - some with banks who custody BTC, and yes a little on a few regulated exchanges. I also have some exposure via Microstrategy and Square, and a tiny bit in 2 of the ETFs (BlackRock and Bitwise).

SouJerz

• Getbig II
« Reply #10383 on: February 28, 2024, 10:13:50 AM »
76 (and a very small portion of crypto - ETH, SOL, FIL, Uniswap and Chainlink).

When I started off it was all in cold storage on a hardware wallet. 85% or so still in cold storage. The rest is spread out - some with banks who custody BTC, and yes a little on a few regulated exchanges. I also have some exposure via Microstrategy and Square, and a tiny bit in 2 of the ETFs (BlackRock and Bitwise).

AWESOME DUDE! Crypto-millionaire!   What’s your average BTC price?

I’m spread 60/40 between BTC and ETH some micro strategy and some IBIT ETHE and BITO

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10384 on: February 28, 2024, 10:25:45 AM »
Thanks - yes indeed. (I was already well off with successful stock and property portfolio, but yes it's nice to be a "crypto millionaire". Would have been more life changing if crypto was the only assets I had.

My journey was documented in the many posts in this thread. I started buying in the 3-5K range, leading up to the 20K peak in December 2017. I was actually on holiday during the peak and had no access to my coins, (and I reckon I would have sold some exactly on 20K if I did have). Anyhow, back from holiday, I unloaded everything at around 15K (so made a 5x return on my investment in a very short period of time).

Started buying back in again in 2019, not just with what I had, but also with additional funds over time. Hodled all the way to the peak in end of 2021, and this time did not sell the dip at all. Then timed really nicely and started accumulating Jan 2023 onwards, and also added quite hard in the months prior to the ETF approvals.

If you have not read the whole thread, suggest you do so - not for the knowledge which you surely have, but for the humor - there is some really funny stuff along the way.

Nice to meet you by the way - welcome to the thread!

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #10385 on: February 28, 2024, 10:28:07 AM »
You could justifiably set your sights even higher.

It may mean nothing, but the Feds fund rate peaked and then held in early 2019 and then bitcoin went on a huge run until they started cutting. Rates have similarly peaked now and Bitcoin is moving almost identically to early 2019.

With ETFs and halving and no rate cuts for a few months it's all lining up for a big move up. Blow off top for everything until rates are cut.

Fractal completed. Achievement unlocked. GG

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10386 on: February 28, 2024, 10:30:47 AM »
Just tapped 64k but got smacked down.

69k is where the real test will be.

I’ve just seen a bunch on X get utterly annihilation Ed either being short or sidelined. Everyone was certain of a pullback.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #10387 on: February 28, 2024, 10:46:26 AM »

:D

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10388 on: February 28, 2024, 11:53:04 AM »
Just tapped 64k but got smacked down.

69k is where the real test will be.

I’ve just seen a bunch on X get utterly annihilation Ed either being short or sidelined. Everyone was certain of a pullback.

Very risky to be short on BTC. If really wanting to "trade" just move to cash.

Brutal short liquidations today. A lot of money lost by those who bet against the all might BTC.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/02/28/bitcoin-jumps-above-60000-for-the-first-time-since-november-2021.html

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10389 on: February 28, 2024, 12:10:37 PM »
I'll be in for 50k if it hits $15000 again.
No, you won't. So many people say that. When it goes down to $15k they adjust the figure down to $5k. The lower it goes the more it affirms their position that it is going to zero.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10390 on: February 28, 2024, 12:26:29 PM »
There are rumors that either Amazon, or Jeff Bezos personally have just started buying up major chunks of Bitcoin daily. Nothing confirmed, but it would not surprise me. If he is not already the richest man in the world, this strategy could propel him right back up to the top.

SouJerz

• Getbig II
« Reply #10391 on: February 28, 2024, 12:32:14 PM »
There are rumors that either Amazon, or Jeff Bezos personally have just started buying up major chunks of Bitcoin daily. Nothing confirmed, but it would not surprise me. If he is not already the richest man in the world, this strategy could propel him right back up to the top.

I’ve been a lurker for a while.   I had bitcoins at under 900 a coin but sold at 10,000
At one point I had 600 ETH but sold those as well.  I have a few BTC and ETH not enough to retire yet but if PLAN B works out then one day I will retire with my crypto holdings. 

https://www.cryptopolitan.com/1-3b-bitcoin-purchase-by-unknown-entity/

Was this bezos or zuckerberg?

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10392 on: February 28, 2024, 12:39:33 PM »
Could well be Zuck. He's long been a Bitcoiner, and names his 2 pet goats "Max" and "Bitcoin".

His stock has also risen a lot over the last year. So yes, could well be him.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10393 on: February 28, 2024, 01:00:54 PM »
No, you won't. So many people say that. When it goes down to $15k they adjust the figure down to $5k. The lower it goes the more it affirms their position that it is going to zero.

It’s what happened when i bought at 17.5k, everyone on here wanted 12k. It dropped to 15.5k after I bought but still nobody jumped in.

Going to be interesting what ETH does if BTC breaks the ATH. As far as I see it we have billions going into the ETF driving up price but I assume that money won’t rotate out unlike other cycles.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10394 on: February 28, 2024, 02:15:29 PM »
It’s what happened when i bought at 17.5k, everyone on here wanted 12k. It dropped to 15.5k after I bought but still nobody jumped in.

Going to be interesting what ETH does if BTC breaks the ATH. As far as I see it we have billions going into the ETF driving up price but I assume that money won’t rotate out unlike other cycles.
ETH is up 64% the past 3 months. BTC is up 63%. I think the money will rotate to other coins. There's only so much you can make with BTC. Doge pumped hard the past day or so.

Let's say the crypto market cap goes to $10 trillion. If BTC maintains a 50% dominance, then the other $5 trillion goes to alts. ETH might go back to a 20% dominance, if only for a day or so. That gives ETH a market cap of $2 trillion. Let's assume 120 million ETH.  That gets the ETH price to $16.6k.

There are rumors the SEC will meet with ETH Spot ETF applicants in March. It's not 100% guaranteed the ETH Spot EFTs are approved. More unlikely compared to BTC.

But there's lots of stuff that could happen to prevent this. Perhaps nukes are used in the Russia / NATO arena? Time will tell.

https://crypto.news/spot-ethereum-etf-issuers-sec-march/

SouJerz

• Getbig II
« Reply #10395 on: February 28, 2024, 02:19:40 PM »
Could well be Zuck. He's long been a Bitcoiner, and names his 2 pet goats "Max" and "Bitcoin".

His stock has also risen a lot over the last year. So yes, could well be him.

Here's an interesting thing my friend said about BTC, in regards to when i mentioned El Salvador buying bitcoins and accepting it as currency.

He goes the real issue will be when the first country figures out they can Print paper currency and then BUY Bitcoin with it.  Any opinions?

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10396 on: February 28, 2024, 02:25:00 PM »
Here's an interesting thing my friend said about BTC, in regards to when i mentioned El Salvador buying bitcoins and accepting it as currency.

He goes the real issue will be when the first country figures out they can Print paper currency and then BUY Bitcoin with it.  Any opinions?
The BTC price will drive up and their currency will go to almost zero. It might also not be easy to fill an order of 5,000 or 10,000 BTC.

What would happen if the governments printed a lot of cash just to buy Bitcoin?
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/rq6dbd/what_would_happen_if_the_governments_printed_a/

SouJerz

• Getbig II
« Reply #10397 on: February 28, 2024, 02:26:54 PM »
ETH is up 64% the past 3 months. BTC is up 63%. I think the money will rotate to other coins. There's only so much you can make with BTC. Doge pumped hard the past day or so.

Let's say the crypto market cap goes to $10 trillion. If BTC maintains a 50% dominance, then the other $5 trillion goes to alts. ETH might go back to a 20% dominance, if only for a day or so. That gives ETH a market cap of $2 trillion. Let's assume 120 million ETH.  That gets the ETH price to $16.6k.

There are rumors the SEC will meet with ETH Spot ETF applicants in March. It's not 100% guaranteed the ETH Spot EFTs are approved. More unlikely compared to BTC.

But there's lots of stuff that could happen to prevent this. Perhaps nukes are used in the Russia / NATO arena? Time will tell.

https://crypto.news/spot-ethereum-etf-issuers-sec-march/

What is your timeline?  Are you looking for short term gains this year, sure bet on the Altcoins, 99% of wealth isn't owned buy 1% of the population because the average american is intelligent.  Retail investors will once again buy altcoins and be left holding the bag your job is to pick an ROI and eject at that number IF it gets there.  BTC is the long term bet.  I dont understand why .000000000005 is such an appetizing price for people?  It all depends on how much you invest.   10,000.00 into .000000000000005 a coin is just the same as 10,000 into bitcoin, unless you think you know which one is going to randomly 10x this year which will happen with some altcoins not many but some should, tons of risk because most alts will eventually go to zero.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10398 on: February 28, 2024, 02:42:19 PM »

What is your timeline?  Are you looking for short term gains this year, sure bet on the Altcoins, 99% of wealth isn't owned buy 1% of the population because the average american is intelligent.  Retail investors will once again buy altcoins and be left holding the bag your job is to pick an ROI and eject at that number IF it gets there.  BTC is the long term bet.  I dont understand why .000000000005 is such an appetizing price for people?  It all depends on how much you invest.   10,000.00 into .000000000000005 a coin is just the same as 10,000 into bitcoin, unless you think you know which one is going to randomly 10x this year which will happen with some altcoins not many but some should, tons of risk because most alts will eventually go to zero.
You're getting caught in the price of BTC. Zoom out 5 years. The past 5 years, BTC is up 1,492%. ETH is up 2,360%. BNB is up 4,056%. Doge is up 5,685%.

This is even after Doge dumped over 90% from its ATH of +70 cents. Is 5 years a short time frame?

It's a given that BTC will drop less than the other cryptos in a bear market. In a bull market BTC will not be the fastest horse in the race because of its market cap. It takes less money to move the needle on a smaller crypto like Doge. It can pump a huge amount in a short time frame. A BTC whale could decide to make some easy money with Doge by dropping some action into it.

Ivan Tech likes to say: "Don't marry your crypto, date it". I will be using his advice. You can make money on alts, just be sure to sell when the time is right and go into BTC, ETH, property or whatever floats your boat. The trick is finding the right time to sell. Greed can be an albatross around your neck holding you back. That's what prevented me from selling my Doge bags when I should have. Big daddy BTC also dumped like a mofo from $68k to 15.8k. Let's not forget that all cryptos are volatile, including BTC.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10399 on: February 28, 2024, 02:55:48 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Doge is now at 11.5 cents, down from its ATH of 75 cents. That's an 84.66% crash, as of today. And even then it is still up +5,600% from its price 5 years ago.