Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 764930 times)

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #10600 on: March 17, 2024, 08:49:35 AM »
So did anyone buy the dip? I did, just a little, as I am pretty much fully allocated as much as I am comfortable with. But I always nibble a little bit when juicy dips come along.

SouJerz

• Getbig II
« Reply #10601 on: March 17, 2024, 08:57:20 AM »
So did anyone buy the dip? I did, just a little, as I am pretty much fully allocated as much as I am comfortable with. But I always nibble a little bit when juicy dips come along.

"Does a bear shit in the woods?"

Waited all day Saturday and stacked some satoshis at around 65,500. 

I've noticed over the past few years for some reason bitcoins nicest pull backs come on Saturday's, although that's not to say I haven't seen it ramp up on Saturdays but I've just noticed it dipping more on Saturday than any other day, IMO.

All though wish I would have picked up some more Solana when it dipped below 90.  Its been on a tear recently.  Recent pattern is Solana moves first then a few days/weeks later BTC then Ether then ALT's, and when BTC is ramping Solana seems to Dip.  Wonder why?

https://cointelegraph.com/news/who-is-mr-100-bitcoin-whale-btc-holder

Also curious as to who or what institution this whale is.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10602 on: March 17, 2024, 11:26:59 AM »
"Does a bear shit in the woods?"

Waited all day Saturday and stacked some satoshis at around 65,500. 

I've noticed over the past few years for some reason bitcoins nicest pull backs come on Saturday's, although that's not to say I haven't seen it ramp up on Saturdays but I've just noticed it dipping more on Saturday than any other day, IMO.

All though wish I would have picked up some more Solana when it dipped below 90.  Its been on a tear recently.  Recent pattern is Solana moves first then a few days/weeks later BTC then Ether then ALT's, and when BTC is ramping Solana seems to Dip.  Wonder why?

https://cointelegraph.com/news/who-is-mr-100-bitcoin-whale-btc-holder

Also curious as to who or what institution this whale is.

Nice work - whether it drops a bit further, or goes up again, reality is you used this opportunity to get more of your share of perfectly scarce Sats, which citizens of the world will increasingly want.

And for the general cycle of BTC vs Sol vs Dgen Alts, I think basically the big money moves into BTC. This is the HNW crowd, the ETFs, blue-chip investors, and some traditional retail. This increase in value in turn increases the spending power of some of the smaller and earlier BTC "crypto investors", who see BTC as their base, but see alts as a way yo ultimately increase their BTC stack. In the past, this crowd would have bought ETH. However this time around, they have started to skip ETH, and so SOL becomes this cycle's Eth, and then you get some pumps on the infinite number of shitcoins and memecoins.

SouJerz

• Getbig II
« Reply #10603 on: March 17, 2024, 01:20:44 PM »
Nice work - whether it drops a bit further, or goes up again, reality is you used this opportunity to get more of your share of perfectly scarce Sats, which citizens of the world will increasingly want.

And for the general cycle of BTC vs Sol vs Dgen Alts, I think basically the big money moves into BTC. This is the HNW crowd, the ETFs, blue-chip investors, and some traditional retail. This increase in value in turn increases the spending power of some of the smaller and earlier BTC "crypto investors", who see BTC as their base, but see alts as a way yo ultimately increase their BTC stack. In the past, this crowd would have bought ETH. However this time around, they have started to skip ETH, and so SOL becomes this cycle's Eth, and then you get some pumps on the infinite number of shitcoins and memecoins.

Agree with you there gib if it drops further, just another opportunity to stack some satoshi's. 
From a WSJ article they're saying financial advisors haven't even started tapping into the ETF's yet it's most retail investors.  That's 30 trillion worth of assets on the sideline managed by financial advisors that hopefully a fraction of enters the BTC market.   Remember 21 million Bitcoins minus 3-4 million lost forever and there are only 60 million millionaires on the planet.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10604 on: March 17, 2024, 01:22:14 PM »

ETH is doing fine. It's up 63.88% right now over the past 3 months, compared to BTC's increase of 61.94%. SOL and ETH are both currently trading around 76% off ATH prices.

Solana has done so well because it crashed to $8 after the FTX fiasco. SBF is a Jew like Madoff and Belfort. Solana was founded by an Ukrainian Jew. Jews stick together, which is why FTX was heavily invested in Solana.

And now FTX and Alameda dumped a lot of ETH. They've done this numerous times in the past. The sooner these assholes get out of crypto the better for everyone.

Interesting that ETH was able to keep up with BTC for the past 3 months even when BTC had all the ETF action going on.

FTX, Alameda Dump $24 Million in Ethereum on Coinbase; Investors Panic

https://coinpedia.org/news/ftx-alameda-behind-ethereum-price-drop-secretly-dump-24-57-million-eth/

In a move rattling the crypto world, bankrupt exchanges FTX and Alameda have unloaded $24.57 million worth of Ethereum on Coinbase. This fire sale of ETH has coincided with price dips, sparking speculation of market manipulation or a deeper game at play.

Was this a desperate attempt to regain control, or a strategic move with hidden motives?

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10605 on: March 17, 2024, 01:27:04 PM »
Perhaps the lack of SEC commentary regarding the ETH ETF applications is because those applications already included the BTC ETF revisions that the SEC requested.

https://www.tradingview.com/news/coinedition:2c83a627d094b:0-grayscale-files-crucial-ammendment-on-spot-ethereum-etf/

Grayscale Files Crucial Amendment on Spot Ethereum ETF

According to Craig Salm, Grayscale’s Chief Legal officer, the firm has submitted an amended Form 19b-4 filing for its Ethereum ETF application. Salm considers the move a crucial step in Grayscale’s effort to upgrade ETHE to start trading on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) Arca.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10606 on: March 17, 2024, 01:30:55 PM »
Agree with you there gib if it drops further, just another opportunity to stack some satoshi's. 
From a WSJ article they're saying financial advisors haven't even started tapping into the ETF's yet it's most retail investors.  That's 30 trillion worth of assets on the sideline managed by financial advisors that hopefully a fraction of enters the BTC market.   Remember 21 million Bitcoins minus 3-4 million lost forever and there are only 60 million millionaires on the planet.
There's also only 21 million ZCash and it is more private and less transparent than BTC. That turned out to be a negative. But, the scarcity element of BTC is not unique. Someone can develop a token with only a 1 million supply or less. BTC has the first-mover advantage.

SouJerz

• Getbig II
« Reply #10607 on: March 17, 2024, 02:06:59 PM »
ETH is doing fine. It's up 63.88% right now over the past 3 months, compared to BTC's increase of 61.94%. SOL and ETH are both currently trading around 76% off ATH prices.

Solana has done so well because it crashed to $8 after the FTX fiasco. SBF is a Jew like Madoff and Belfort. Solana was founded by an Ukrainian Jew. Jews stick together, which is why FTX was heavily invested in Solana.

And now FTX and Alameda dumped a lot of ETH. They've done this numerous times in the past. The sooner these assholes get out of crypto the better for everyone.

Interesting that ETH was able to keep up with BTC for the past 3 months even when BTC had all the ETF action going on.

FTX, Alameda Dump $24 Million in Ethereum on Coinbase; Investors Panic

https://coinpedia.org/news/ftx-alameda-behind-ethereum-price-drop-secretly-dump-24-57-million-eth/

In a move rattling the crypto world, bankrupt exchanges FTX and Alameda have unloaded $24.57 million worth of Ethereum on Coinbase. This fire sale of ETH has coincided with price dips, sparking speculation of market manipulation or a deeper game at play.

Was this a desperate attempt to regain control, or a strategic move with hidden motives?

LOL and hear i thought solana was Korean, and funny you mention Jew,  I know this Jew Chiro who missed out on  Solana in 2021 had tip from one of his wealthy clients that he touches for money.  This time he invested in solana at aroun $100, funny how they stick together. 

SouJerz

• Getbig II
« Reply #10608 on: March 17, 2024, 02:11:14 PM »
There's also only 21 million ZCash and it is more private and less transparent than BTC. That turned out to be a negative. But, the scarcity element of BTC is not unique. Someone can develop a token with only a 1 million supply or less. BTC has the first-mover advantage.

This guy is clearly not a whole coiner...

https://99bitcoins.com/bitcoin-obituaries/  Here you go mate some fun reading material for you.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #10609 on: March 17, 2024, 02:27:25 PM »

If only someone had the foresight to call this stuff months back  8)

Well done on the gains. You can already have a very impressive DEX experience with Solana. Last bull run small cap fun was on BNBSC, this run now might be the time for some fun wif small caps on Solana  ;)  Dapps like Jupiter, Orca and Raydium make it all incredibly easy to use.

Sure SOL could end up in a LUNA death spiral, but before it does that it probably keeps going up in a big way. The ecosystem is getting a free $1B in liquidity via airdrops from Jupiter exchange. The ponzi pump there is far from over.

I know I won't be fading it.

Glad everyone is staying hydrated though.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10610 on: March 18, 2024, 02:19:02 AM »
Dude we have been over this countless times on this thread.

Yes, there will always be shitcoins launched in attempts to suck money from Bitcoin's ever growing cap. Its nastyt and disingenuous, (and also clearly illegal in many cases, depending on how its done), but the temptations and risk/reward for the shitcoin founders are too great, so it will happen.

Yes, despite every cycle ending with shitcoin collapsing, there will be shitcoiners sucked into thinking that this time they can make money with a new shitcoin in a new cycle.

The people who launch shitcoins are the primary beneficiary of shitcoin launches (and ironically they store their gains in Bitcoin). A small number of people who buy shitcoins will also make money - those closest to the top ot the chain, and those "investors" who are able to get in (and then out) with the best timing ahead of all others.

Many more people will lose money on shitcoins than make money, but all will be hoping they they are able to outsmart and make money at the cost of other shitcoiners left holding the bag.

Shitcoins collapse, and eventually the cycle everything repeats, only with a new generation of coins, and with many of those people burned having learned their lesson and this time sticking to BTC, but still a new and naive class of kids and degens coming along ready to be fleeced.

Again, this does not mean that there will not be some people who make money on shitcoins. Some will. But far more will lose money than make money.

SouJerz

• Getbig II
« Reply #10611 on: March 18, 2024, 07:08:40 AM »
Dude we have been over this countless times on this thread.

Yes, there will always be shitcoins launched in attempts to suck money from Bitcoin's ever growing cap. Its nastyt and disingenuous, (and also clearly illegal in many cases, depending on how its done), but the temptations and risk/reward for the shitcoin founders are too great, so it will happen.

Yes, despite every cycle ending with shitcoin collapsing, there will be shitcoiners sucked into thinking that this time they can make money with a new shitcoin in a new cycle.

The people who launch shitcoins are the primary beneficiary of shitcoin launches (and ironically they store their gains in Bitcoin). A small number of people who buy shitcoins will also make money - those closest to the top ot the chain, and those "investors" who are able to get in (and then out) with the best timing ahead of all others.

Many more people will lose money on shitcoins than make money, but all will be hoping they they are able to outsmart and make money at the cost of other shitcoiners left holding the bag.

Shitcoins collapse, and eventually the cycle everything repeats, only with a new generation of coins, and with many of those people burned having learned their lesson and this time sticking to BTC, but still a new and naive class of kids and degens coming along ready to be fleeced.

Again, this does not mean that there will not be some people who make money on shitcoins. Some will. But far more will lose money than make money.

Let me guess your favorite author is Ayn Rand?

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10612 on: March 18, 2024, 07:25:35 AM »

Let me guess your favorite author is Ayn Rand?

Interesting! I did not formally study philosophy, but will look into her writings.

SouJerz

• Getbig II
« Reply #10613 on: March 18, 2024, 08:38:49 AM »
Interesting! I did not formally study philosophy, but will look into her writings.

lol it's a joke I was listening to Joe Rogan podcast with Zack Snyder and he said Ayn Rand was his favorite author and he wanted to do a series on Netflix for her book The Fountainhead   

Rogan goes "This is what people think when you say you like the Fountainhead, "oh you're one of those guys, an Incel, let me guess you're into Bitcoin too?"

my friend who has been stacking satoshi's since 2016 is a huge Ayn Rand and fountainhead fan, incel not so sure.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10614 on: March 18, 2024, 09:32:10 AM »
lol it's a joke I was listening to Joe Rogan podcast with Zack Snyder and he said Ayn Rand was his favorite author and he wanted to do a series on Netflix for her book The Fountainhead   

Rogan goes "This is what people think when you say you like the Fountainhead, "oh you're one of those guys, an Incel, let me guess you're into Bitcoin too?"

my friend who has been stacking satoshi's since 2016 is a huge Ayn Rand and fountainhead fan, incel not so sure.

If she was around now, she would be a bitcoiner I think. Likely a lot of leading ethical and economic philosophers would.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10615 on: March 18, 2024, 09:34:00 AM »
https://www.eclipse.xyz/

This is interesting.

Eclipse is Ethereum's fastest L2, powered by the Solana Virtual Machine

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10616 on: March 18, 2024, 09:41:49 AM »

This guy is clearly not a whole coiner...

https://99bitcoins.com/bitcoin-obituaries/  Here you go mate some fun reading material for you.
If I wanted to I could. Last time I got into BTC was in 2018. I purchased mining power with BTC to mine Ethereum - lol! I guess I am an Ethereum Maxi.

But I think the crypto industry should all get along and not be so tribalistic. I don't want to see anyone lose money, regardless of the positions they took. I think the world is big enough that multiple blockchains can be successful. I don't like the BTC Maxi approach where they run to the government to try and declare this or that a security. That's not the spirit under which Bitcoin was created.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10617 on: March 18, 2024, 09:43:35 AM »
LOL and hear i thought solana was Korean, and funny you mention Jew,  I know this Jew Chiro who missed out on  Solana in 2021 had tip from one of his wealthy clients that he touches for money.  This time he invested in solana at aroun $100, funny how they stick together.
Your little example means nothing. They stick together and you know it.

SouJerz

• Getbig II
« Reply #10618 on: March 18, 2024, 10:16:03 AM »
Your little example means nothing. They stick together and you know it.

Of course I know it.  I’ve never met another group of human beings that say they are gods chosen people and have a word for everyone who isn’t Jewish.  I’ve been called a gentile several times in my life kind of weird but that’s just how they work.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10619 on: March 18, 2024, 12:28:34 PM »
If I wanted to I could. Last time I got into BTC was in 2018. I purchased mining power with BTC to mine Ethereum - lol! I guess I am an Ethereum Maxi.

But I think the crypto industry should all get along and not be so tribalistic. I don't want to see anyone lose money, regardless of the positions they took. I think the world is big enough that multiple blockchains can be successful. I don't like the BTC Maxi approach where they run to the government to try and declare this or that a security. That's not the spirit under which Bitcoin was created.

Bitcoin was created to be THE world's global store of value and decentralized currency. Any person who issues coins, and purports to be a legitimate "alternative" to this function is a direct and betrayer to Bitcoin. For a while, Eth was a threat of doing this, but that narrative has now long passed.

Now, if its an issuer of a utility token (ie something that does not pretend to be money, but has legitimate value as a token of intrinsic use, Filecoin for example, that of course is different and can be endorsed and supported).

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10620 on: March 18, 2024, 02:44:22 PM »
Unleah your inner Degen lol, nicely done.

I see some circling the MSTR share price. Saylor had made it. He had beaten the market. He can claim the crown for King Degen and CEO of Bitcoin. So he celebrates with 700M in leverage lol. This guy is pretty awesome and I have to admit a good part of me wants him to pull this off now that he doubled down on his billions.

MSTR is my best performing stock which bought during covid. Now up over 500% from my buy price. I plan to hodl, just for fun, as a leveraged play on BTC, although there are risks.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10621 on: March 18, 2024, 02:48:55 PM »
what does a post 1 million bitcoin world look like? 2 classes of people? no coiners and bitcoiners? nocoiners work and slave, bitcoiners retire?

Pretty much yes. I wrote about the importance, from a societal perspective, of the future distinction between wholecoiners and everyone else. Many were laughing at the time. Now many are starting to wonder. And in the future they won't be laughing at all. Its not too late, but every day delayed is a step further away for the no-coiners. Should really be quite obvious. And will be in hindsight. Just look at the Land-Lords in centuries of the past. I believe, we will have a future where people are distinguished by wholecoiners (and above), and the Sat-slaves below.

Dorian Cutler

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10622 on: March 18, 2024, 02:58:25 PM »
My car is still for sale, want to buy bitcoin with the money. People are trying to lowball me thats why I havent sold yet. I should have just sold at the first low ball offer months ago and put into bitcoin. I would have already been up more than 25k. Fucking shit.

SouJerz

• Getbig II
« Reply #10623 on: March 18, 2024, 05:31:33 PM »
MSTR is my best performing stock which bought during covid. Now up over 500% from my buy price. I plan to hodl, just for fun, as a leveraged play on BTC, although there are risks.

If you like MSTR check, CVNA, ANF, SMCI, VRT

SouJerz

• Getbig II
« Reply #10624 on: March 18, 2024, 05:33:44 PM »
https://news.bitcoin.com/el-salvador-will-keep-buying-1-bitcoin-daily-until-btc-becomes-unaffordable-with-fiat-currencies-says-president-bukele/

"El Salvador has been buying one bitcoin a day since 2022, according to President Nayib Bukele, who confirmed that his country’s “1 bitcoin a day program” will continue until the cryptocurrency “becomes unaffordable with fiat currencies.” The bitcoins acquired from El Salvador’s daily purchases are also deposited into the same wallet address used for the “large chunk” of bitcoins which Bukele previously revealed."