Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 764416 times)

obsidian

• Getbig V
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #5175 on: February 21, 2021, 04:20:47 AM »
I thought about this. I picked up eth and ltc very cheap years ago. End of the year ill be putting majority into blockfi interest account and perhaps 5-10 btc in a celsius interest account. Atm certain coins are paying out 6-8%.
That's great when there is no bull run. At the end of this bull run I'll be looking at staking / hodling ADA and ETH, hodling BTC and a blockfi interest account. I will have a few smaller alts also in the mix. IOTA for example still has promise.

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5176 on: February 21, 2021, 04:30:21 AM »
That's great when there is no bull run. At the end of this bull run I'll be looking at staking / hodling ADA and ETH, hodling BTC and a blockfi interest account. I will have a few smaller alts also in the mix. IOTA for example still has promise.

Bull or no bull makes no difference to me. Im waiting end of the year for these companies to mature thats why ill allocate a small portion of btc and majority of my shitcoins. Im of the theory of maydays price models(minus government banning) and have been since s2f.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #5177 on: February 21, 2021, 05:31:38 AM »
Thanks I appreciate it! You need laser focus with cryptos - and luck! Be greedy when others are fearful and fearful when others are greedy!

When you.memtioned manipulation earlier,  were you referring to."spoofing"?

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5178 on: February 21, 2021, 03:15:14 PM »
When you.memtioned manipulation earlier,  were you referring to."spoofing"?

Yes, he was. And it would not surprise me at all if this was occurring and being done by them.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #5179 on: February 21, 2021, 07:15:01 PM »
Yes, he was. And it would not surprise me at all if this was occurring and being done by them.

Yeah, has to be. Its getting ridiculous

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5180 on: February 21, 2021, 09:04:22 PM »
Bull or no bull makes no difference to me. Im waiting end of the year for these companies to mature thats why ill allocate a small portion of btc and majority of my shitcoins. Im of the theory of maydays price models(minus government banning) and have been since s2f.

I am at time lazy with my words which leaves out context. I will try and add context now.

Let me also play a bit of devil’s advocate and ask the question, why would this bull market only last 12 months?

Models are generally right until they are wrong. The more accurate a model, generally speaking the more mature the market and greater the depth (time) and quality (data points) it has. New models in non-stablished markets do not yet have the depth or quality and therefore have a greater chance of breaking. I replied to one of Raoul’s tweets with the above and he liked it (I am famous now lol) so I’m not talking out my ass here.

Specifically in this case I refer to diminished returns. In a maturing market you will see diminished returns. In a market that is in it’s infancy the returns are generally all over the place. I am of the opinion BTC is in it’s infancy and has not yet established a market (due to lack of institutional money). Only once institutions are in by a good portion do we establish a market base of which to measure after.

In support of my comments above are the fact that popular quants have revised their original models up in price point a number of times already in a short period. Even after that they are talking about numbers higher than their newly revised models.

We are at base level today. Let’s say this hits 100k then 200k using only 2% of the financial institutions wallets. Why would it stop there? Because previous models say a bull market ran for only 12 months therefore this one must only run for 12 months? I’m not convinced.

The models just got revised 3 times because the behaviour of buyers, the type of new participants and crypto leaving the exchanges is different to all previous bull market models.

I believe that once big money comes in it will continue to come in until something forces It to stop. I don’t think the previous market forces that ended prior bullmarkets will end this one because the behaviour isn’t the same.

I think the inflows will keep coming and The models will be blown up as price flies higher and higher. I think we will see capital drains from other financial markets, markets that central banks spent trillions in QE to prevent collapse. We should see front running of the following halving because a 500k price is fuck all compared to a 2.5M price target 4yrs later. 500% returns in 4yrs for the bank, hell yes they’d be in!

It’s therefore plausible we see capital flight resulting in a knee jerk reaction by central banks, regulators and govts to prevent damage. Black swan events. Exchanges go down? Exchanges get hacked? Things that create fear and risk to Stop the outflows from other assets into crypto. Not to kill it,  just slow it down.

I am suggesting the ‘risk’ of playing with crypto is what becomes key in this market rather than merely looking at formulated cycles. Perhaps we get to 135k and then a sudden risk event reads it’s head and scares the shit out of everyone? Next thing price dumps, stabilises and then rockets again.... perhaps we see a 1.5-2yr bull market consisting of 2 market peaks with a ‘risk event’ in between?

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #5181 on: February 21, 2021, 10:22:37 PM »
 ;D

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #5182 on: February 22, 2021, 04:05:57 AM »
Sell, sell, sell!!!! Lol

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #5183 on: February 22, 2021, 05:06:12 AM »
Sell, sell, sell!!!! Lol

Dumb money probably is selling right now.  Retail investors.  Buying high, selling low.  Liquidating their .00000002435% of a Bitcoin right now.

I'm loading up.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #5184 on: February 22, 2021, 05:31:10 AM »
This thread is absolutely frothy with irrational exuberance.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #5185 on: February 22, 2021, 05:37:59 AM »
This thread is absolutely frothy with irrational exuberance.

I'm starting to get the feeling that you carry around a trombone everytime you have something to say as a punctuation tool.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #5186 on: February 22, 2021, 05:57:29 AM »
I'm starting to get the feeling that you carry around a trombone everytime you have something to say as a punctuation tool.

Elon Musk posted one tweet and BTC dropped 6k. Seems legit.  :D

Maybe Musk is in this space because he can do something the SEC can't call him out on.

Also, I like my "stores of value" NOT subject to one tweet.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #5187 on: February 22, 2021, 06:16:25 AM »
Market as a whole looks shaky. Apple has a classic head and shoulders top going.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #5188 on: February 22, 2021, 06:43:03 AM »
Market as a whole looks shaky. Apple has a classic head and shoulders top going.

Wind pulling back from the sails. Everything is directly tied to continued trillion dollar stimulus if it is to stay the same. That includes crypto.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #5189 on: February 22, 2021, 06:58:27 AM »
Already leveling off and heading up. It'll probably be choppy heading into end of Feb. Bitcoin futures this month.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #5190 on: February 22, 2021, 07:27:24 AM »
Already leveling off and heading up. It'll probably be choppy heading into end of Feb. Bitcoin futures this month.

Choppy is what you call it when a guy like Musk is on the other side of the trade. Never marry a trade.

Musk knows some of you HODL guys are in for life. This is the equivalent of the seeing all the overweight shorts on Gamestop. Easy pickings if you can move the market with one blurb.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #5191 on: February 22, 2021, 07:37:45 AM »

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #5192 on: February 22, 2021, 07:44:18 AM »

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #5193 on: February 22, 2021, 08:02:03 AM »

Hey, if I'm wrong I'm wrong.

;)

I personally take zero enjoyment in seeing you be wrong.

The adoption is right there before your very eyes and it is being bought up by some really big hitters. It's worth a percent or 2 of your portfolio imo.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #5194 on: February 22, 2021, 09:06:18 AM »
Stage 3 of Grief - Bargaining.

"If I were to ACTUALLY buy some Bitcoin"

The tide is starting to turn my friends.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #5195 on: February 22, 2021, 09:09:08 AM »

Schiff has a way of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. He predicts the financial crisis but invests in European and Asian stocks which went down even more than US stocks. Then he moves his operations to Puerto Rico right before the big hurricane there.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #5196 on: February 22, 2021, 09:22:37 AM »

Schiff is right.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #5197 on: February 22, 2021, 09:40:05 AM »
Schiff is right.

Dan Held as "held onto" and written about Bitcoin since around 2012.

I would argue he is about 10,000 times more knowledge about the subject than Peter Schiff.

Dan is being coy but he knows the answer to his question. Long time holders will sell bits of it when the price has appreciated a helluva lot more than it has now or they may never sell and pass it along to their kids.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #5198 on: February 22, 2021, 09:42:41 AM »
Dan Held as "held onto" and written about Bitcoin since around 2012.

I would argue he is about 10,000 times more knowledge about the subject than Peter Schiff.

Dan is being coy but he knows the answer to his question. Long time holders will sell bits of it when the price has appreciated a helluva lot more than it has now or they may never sell and pass it along to their kids.
I'd be pissed if my parents left me Bitcoin as inheritance.  They might as well pass down a glass of tap water to you.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #5199 on: February 22, 2021, 09:53:24 AM »
What's crazy is do we know the net worth of the big holders now?  the Winkelvoss twins were already worth billions when bitcoin was at $5k.  They may actually be the richest people on earth if they can somehow sell.  Problem is once they try to unload the value is going to tank.  So this is a sllllloooooowwww burn game.  Sell a bit at a time to not shake the market up.