Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 764929 times)

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #5625 on: March 24, 2021, 12:51:43 AM »
I’m just not feeling bad that your minimum 1.1M in BTC is only earning you 0.5% interest lol.

Im feeling much better after this.

"You can now buy a Tesla with Bitcoin"
Elon Musk
@elonmusk
·

Tesla is using only internal & open source software & operates Bitcoin nodes directly.

Bitcoin paid to Tesla will be retained as Bitcoin, not converted to fiat currency.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5626 on: March 24, 2021, 01:09:02 AM »

Im feeling much better after this.

"You can now buy a Tesla with Bitcoin"
Elon Musk
@elonmusk
·

Tesla is using only internal & open source software & operates Bitcoin nodes directly.

Bitcoin paid to Tesla will be retained as Bitcoin, not converted to fiat currency.

I’d love a Tesla but I drive too much.

Then there is the part where trying to pretend I am environmental friendly whilst drive a 2T, 5 seater car to work just with myself in it kind of fails lol.  Fuck it, I’ll stick to my M5 and burn fuel like a bastard!

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #5627 on: March 24, 2021, 01:30:02 AM »
these drops and runs back up are making me some seriously good $$ leverage trading. Love it.

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5628 on: March 24, 2021, 01:33:12 AM »
I’d love a Tesla but I drive too much.

Then there is the part where trying to pretend I am environmental friendly whilst drive a 2T, 5 seater car to work just with myself in it kind of fails lol.  Fuck it, I’ll stick to my M5 and burn fuel like a bastard!

Dont care for a tesla, v8 man my self. I would never purchase one. Have 3 cars that are v8s and another getting built. Couldnt enjoy something I cant hear when your redline it.

Thats more in response to obsidian posting  a video stating tesla will sell its bitcoin holdings this bull market.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #5629 on: March 24, 2021, 02:45:32 AM »
Dont care for a tesla, v8 man my self. I would never purchase one. Have 3 cars that are v8s and another getting built. Couldnt enjoy something I cant hear when your redline it.

Thats more in response to obsidian posting  a video stating tesla will sell its bitcoin holdings this bull market.
I don't agree with that guy (Alex Becker). But I do like to hear other opinions and not live in an echo chamber. Alex cracks me up though. There are people that think like that and he is right not everyone can make money in crypto. There have to be losers so there can be winners. People that are emotional and react to fud and fomo all the time will get rekked.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5630 on: March 24, 2021, 03:14:29 AM »

Nice.

My wife had a Mercedes C63 and I had the M5 which was a really good mix. Had a 700hp supercharged Aussie V8 muscle car a little while back. Looked crazy wicked all blacked out and lowered. Problem was I live in an area where they don’t have cars like that and I got chased by cops 4 times so I gave up and sold it.

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5631 on: March 24, 2021, 03:53:05 AM »
Nice.

My wife had a Mercedes C63 and I had the M5 which was a really good mix. Had a 700hp supercharged Aussie V8 muscle car a little while back. Looked crazy wicked all blacked out and lowered. Problem was I live in an area where they don’t have cars like that and I got chased by cops 4 times so I gave up and sold it.

Have a 67, 68(current build) and 69 american muscle cars. High horsepower. Cops tend to leave me alone as theyre show car quality. Club reg too. Might he bit different here as there is a big muscle car following in Vic and cops tend to leave us alone. 

Aussie muscle cars are fetching crazy prices. Especially since holden stopped manufacturing.

C63 are a different kind of.animal. im more SUV as daily driver cant go back to a sedan. Wife has a Rangey and for the price you pay its a POS. Nothing special.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #5632 on: March 25, 2021, 07:26:58 AM »
https://coinmarketcap.com/headlines/news/bitcoin-doge-elon-musk-set-pump-defi/

After Bitcoin and Doge Elon Musk All Set to Pump “DeFi”

Elon Musk is notorious for shilling Dogecoin quite often and Bitcoin a few of the times post-Tesla’s $1.5 billion Bitcoin purchase. However, now he has set his eyes on the defi market, the biggest success story from the crypto space in 2020. Musk tweeted

Don’t  defy Defi

Don’t defy DeFi

— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) March 25, 2021

Only yesterday Tesla opened its long-awaited Bitcoin payment option for its cars in the US Customers and more importantly set up its Bitcoin node with open-source software. Musk also promised that all the Bitcoin from car purchases would be kept on their node and won’t be converted to fiat.

Musk’s regular dogecoin tweets also put him in trouble as SEC suggested earlier that they might question tech billionaires for his irresponsible tweets.

Is Musk Following Defi Boom?

Decentralized Finance or Defi became one of the biggest success stories of 2020 turning into a multi-billion dollar industry. The total value locked in defi reached $45 billion this February.  Given Musk’s interest in cryptocurrencies, it’s not a big surprise if he has been following the boom.

Musk also proposed selling an NFT on defi protocol Polygon-powered Cent.

🚀 First @jack, and now it’s the legendary "Technoking of Tesla" @elonmusk using Polygon!

🔥 You can own this Elon Musk autographed tweet on the Polygon-powered platform Valuables @cent.

The current bid for ownership of this NFT is at 1.12M$ 👀 https://t.co/fMNV7SBVNy

— Polygon (previously Matic) (@0xPolygon) March 16, 2021

With Bitcoin’s mainstream boom eminent, the next big tech to see mainstream financial adoption could be Defi as many believe it could be the future of banking including many in the US regulatory circles. Defi has also gained a lot of traction in the Forex market and many see defi based Forex market as a potential multi-billion dollar industry.

Elon Musk tweet has said to pump Dogecoin on several occasions, while many believed his Twitter profile addition of Bitcoin pumped the price of a top cryptocurrency by 10% in under 30 minutes. His recent tweet on Defi is being interpreted as his interest and support for the crypto ecosystem and one should watch out for price fluctuation in the defi market as has been the case with most of Musk’s tweet.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #5633 on: March 25, 2021, 10:27:54 AM »
https://coinmarketcap.com/headlines/news/bitcoin-doge-elon-musk-set-pump-defi/

After Bitcoin and Doge Elon Musk All Set to Pump “DeFi”

Elon Musk is notorious for shilling Dogecoin quite often and Bitcoin a few of the times post-Tesla’s $1.5 billion Bitcoin purchase. However, now he has set his eyes on the defi market, the biggest success story from the crypto space in 2020. Musk tweeted

Don’t  defy Defi

Don’t defy DeFi

— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) March 25, 2021

I like Musk for his genius ingenuity and willingness to take technology to the next level. That said, I think he is a master troll and would do VERY well in a place like GetBig, assuming he can get over all the pictures of oiled-up bodybuilders.

My wonder now is, which defi crypto will he pump billions into? Obvious money would be on Ethereum. But what if he picks a smaller outfit, say PolkaDot, Cardano or Tether, due to his ability to snatch up a shit load with his millions/billions?

He has such power to essentially create pump & dump scenarios and create fantastic profit-generating opportunities for day traders.

"1"

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5634 on: March 25, 2021, 03:33:23 PM »
For real world defi today, Ethereum dwarfs every other alt coin in terms of transactions and adoption.

exchanges are speculation driven which gives a misleading view on adoption and usage.

People look at ADA and think hey it’s 15% market cap of ETH therefore it can overtake it. The reality is the transaction fees is generated might be 0.5% because projects are not actually using it on a large scale.

You wind up with a massive split between usage and adoption vs market value. This is exactly why 80% of alt coins disappear each year. Hype the coin, dump the coin, oh shit it turns out nobody was really using it.....then it dies and the project team vanish and then create a new coin and try again.

Here is a really good site I recommend everybody take 2 minutes to look at. The top 10 are the ones to watch because they hold the leading adoption and usage positions.

https://cryptofees.info/

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5636 on: March 25, 2021, 09:27:20 PM »
Y’all see this?

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/25/fidelity-wants-to-launch-a-bitcoin-etf-cryptocurrency-sec.html

A bunch of of ETF applications have gone in very recently. They are in a race.

Grayscale will end up converting to an ETF I assume.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5637 on: March 26, 2021, 03:45:09 AM »
A bunch of of ETF applications have gone in very recently. They are in a race.

Grayscale will end up converting to an ETF I assume.

Correct, yes that's the plan for GreyScale.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #5638 on: March 26, 2021, 01:38:04 PM »
I guess these guys don't think GPU mining is going anywhere. They have balls or perhaps they know something others don't?!

https://www.coindesk.com/hut8-nvidia-mining-gpu-purchase

Hut 8 Buys $30M Worth of Nvidia’s New Crypto Mining GPUs

Hut 8 (HUT) has purchased $30 million of Nvidia’s new crypto mining-specific graphics processing units (GPU) to help the company expand into mining for other cryptocurrencies besides bitcoin (BTC, +3.43%).

Called a Cryptocurrency Mining Processor (CMP), the new GPU was launched earlier this year to target professional cryptocurrency miners. Nvidia introduced the GPU, in part, to steer those miners away from its other GPUs following complaints by the company’s core gaming customers frustrated by shortages caused by miner demand.

In the company’s Q4 earnings call, Nvidia CEO Colette Kress said she expected about $50 million in total CMP sales during the new product’s first quarter this year, per CoinDesk’s prior reporting. Hut 8 filled 60% of that target in one order.

The machines “open up new opportunities” for Hut 8’s plans for diversified revenue streams, said CEO Jamie Leverton in a statement. The new CMPs will add roughly 1,600 GH of power to the firm’s mining capacity, which it will use to mine alternate blockchains. Hut 8 expects full delivery and deployment of the CMPs this summer.

Allocating mining capacity to alternate blockchains like Ethereum “has been rewarded handsomely by public market investors as seen by the stock price of Hive compared to [its] Canadian-traded counterparts who have focused on Bitcoin to date,” said Ethan Vera, co-founder of Seattle-based mining company Luxor Technology, in a direct message with CoinDesk. Now Hut 8 wants some of the profit.

Shares of the Toronto-based company have gained 130% year to date to just above $7. Bitcoin has climbed 77% over the same period.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #5639 on: March 26, 2021, 01:53:11 PM »
I guess these guys don't think GPU mining is going anywhere. They have balls or perhaps they know something others don't?!

https://www.coindesk.com/hut8-nvidia-mining-gpu-purchase

Hut 8 Buys $30M Worth of Nvidia’s New Crypto Mining GPUs

Hut 8 (HUT) has purchased $30 million of Nvidia’s new crypto mining-specific graphics processing units (GPU) to help the company expand into mining for other cryptocurrencies besides bitcoin (BTC, +3.43%).

Called a Cryptocurrency Mining Processor (CMP), the new GPU was launched earlier this year to target professional cryptocurrency miners. Nvidia introduced the GPU, in part, to steer those miners away from its other GPUs following complaints by the company’s core gaming customers frustrated by shortages caused by miner demand.

In the company’s Q4 earnings call, Nvidia CEO Colette Kress said she expected about $50 million in total CMP sales during the new product’s first quarter this year, per CoinDesk’s prior reporting. Hut 8 filled 60% of that target in one order.

The machines “open up new opportunities” for Hut 8’s plans for diversified revenue streams, said CEO Jamie Leverton in a statement. The new CMPs will add roughly 1,600 GH of power to the firm’s mining capacity, which it will use to mine alternate blockchains. Hut 8 expects full delivery and deployment of the CMPs this summer.

Allocating mining capacity to alternate blockchains like Ethereum “has been rewarded handsomely by public market investors as seen by the stock price of Hive compared to [its] Canadian-traded counterparts who have focused on Bitcoin to date,” said Ethan Vera, co-founder of Seattle-based mining company Luxor Technology, in a direct message with CoinDesk. Now Hut 8 wants some of the profit.

Shares of the Toronto-based company have gained 130% year to date to just above $7. Bitcoin has climbed 77% over the same period.

For $30 million you can buy 16,666 RTX 3090 GPU's priced @ $1800  a pop. Though I doubt they would be able to get their hands on that many 3090s due to supply shortages. Which is why they settled for the mining cards.

16,666.666 RTX 3090's x 120 mh/s = 2,000,000 mh/s = 2,000 gh/s

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #5640 on: March 26, 2021, 01:54:43 PM »

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #5641 on: March 26, 2021, 02:34:03 PM »
Never dropped below 50k. April will explode imo

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #5642 on: March 26, 2021, 04:39:41 PM »
Correct, yes that's the plan for GreyScale.

Hey Vince , when will you travel to Aotearoa  ;D

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5643 on: March 26, 2021, 07:57:05 PM »

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5644 on: March 26, 2021, 08:04:57 PM »

Hey Vince , when will you travel to Aotearoa  ;D

Next on my list after my upcoming trip to Niberia.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #5645 on: March 27, 2021, 12:48:22 AM »
Damn Bitboy's crypto portfolio is over $10 million. Not bad! Must be a Getbigger!

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #5646 on: March 27, 2021, 03:14:53 PM »
Next on my list after my upcoming trip to Niberia.

do you plan to learn the haka  ;D

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5647 on: March 27, 2021, 09:15:45 PM »
Damn Bitboy's crypto portfolio is over $10 million. Not bad! Must be a Getbigger!

He doesn’t understand that bitcoins are not running out. There is always sellers. Price simply goes up the more people HODL but because each coin is divisible by 100M there is 21 quadrillion supply of BTC at satoshi level.

This is kind of where I have a problem with BTC. This guy has 10M and by year end he could be around 100M...... then in a very, very short time he will be a billionaire and the whales will all be trillionaires and the richest people on the planet. Hmmmmmm

I then take issue with the scarcity=Valuable argument. I understand supply/demand however the buyer determines whether something is valuable or not. Something can be scarce and worth fuck all. Something can be scarce and then regardless of how much more scarce you make it, value is capped determined by the buyer so you curb supply to work on the price ceiling the market will accept.

It just doesn’t feel right to me. Something has to go wrong lol.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #5648 on: March 27, 2021, 09:19:28 PM »

Too poor, too slim and too much of a pretty boi to be a getbigger.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #5649 on: March 28, 2021, 07:39:51 AM »
The smug, punchable faces on these knowitall crypto youtubers is enough to keep me away.  :D