Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 764900 times)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #6150 on: April 29, 2021, 04:42:26 AM »
you're welcome, buddy.

I am still pondering whether to invest in some crypto or not.

Its all manipulated by a handful of whales and YouTube channels that pump and dump projects all the time. Do you think its a coincidence that BTC is just hanging in this same area all week? lol Thats the part you need to be ready for imo.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6151 on: April 30, 2021, 02:00:13 AM »
Are we going to see BTC  start to breakout from its slump today?

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #6152 on: April 30, 2021, 02:46:32 AM »

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #6153 on: April 30, 2021, 03:45:45 AM »

Maybe one more mini dump down to low 50s and then a run to an ATH

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #6154 on: April 30, 2021, 07:54:40 AM »
Looks like Bitcoin could be breaking out.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6155 on: April 30, 2021, 08:31:18 AM »
Looks like Bitcoin could be breaking out.

lmao.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #6156 on: April 30, 2021, 08:41:45 AM »
Its all manipulated by a handful of whales and YouTube channels that pump and dump projects all the time. Do you think its a coincidence that BTC is just hanging in this same area all week? lol Thats the part you need to be ready for imo.

I tend to agree and that is also one of the reasons why I have never invested in crypto.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #6157 on: April 30, 2021, 10:52:29 AM »
Gentlemen,

I'm looking to buy a small position into MATIC/Polygon.

If it's truly a way to scale Ethereum, it could serve as a conduit for it in many ways.

Doing my own research of course, but feedback regarding MATIC from those vested or otherwise, would be appreciated.

Thanks.

"1"

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #6158 on: April 30, 2021, 11:31:10 AM »
Gentlemen,

If it's truly a way to scale Ethereum, it could serve as a conduit for it in many ways.

Doing my own research of course, but feedback regarding MATIC from those vested or otherwise, would be appreciated.

Thanks.

"1"

If you're looking for short term gains then it's worth buying. Long term (3+ years) then no. When Ethereum 2.0 is ready Matic will likely become redundant.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6159 on: April 30, 2021, 01:45:16 PM »
Gentlemen,

Thanks.

"1"

Never buy anything thats pumping already. Matic had a huge parabolic move already. Wait for a pullback 

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6160 on: April 30, 2021, 01:46:42 PM »

If you're looking for short term gains then it's worth buying. Long term (3+ years) then no. When Ethereum 2.0 is ready Matic will likely become redundant.

Eth 2.0 is years away from completion

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #6161 on: April 30, 2021, 01:50:18 PM »
Never buy anything thats pumping already. Matic had a huge parabolic move already. Wait for a pullback

Not planning to buy now particularly, but definitely soon.

"1"

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #6162 on: April 30, 2021, 01:52:28 PM »

It would be for a short term (<2 years) hold, but could last longer as I think ETH 2.0 might take a while.

"1"

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #6163 on: April 30, 2021, 02:21:54 PM »
Eth 2.0 is years away from completion

Well it's being done in stages so it could easily mean Matic becomes redundant before eth 2.0 is completed.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #6164 on: April 30, 2021, 02:24:58 PM »

I am not sure about that. Layer 2 solutions would still be relevant even after ETH 2.0 is implemented.

https://academy.ivanontech.com/blog/breaking-down-eth-2-0-ethereum-layer-2-and-scalability-explained

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6165 on: April 30, 2021, 02:52:41 PM »
Great watch.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #6166 on: April 30, 2021, 03:00:11 PM »
I am not sure about that. Layer 2 solutions would still be relevant even after ETH 2.0 is implemented.

https://academy.ivanontech.com/blog/breaking-down-eth-2-0-ethereum-layer-2-and-scalability-explained

The noise (from Vitalik) suggests Eth 2.0 will use rollup based Layer 2 solutions and Matic is not roll up based. Matic may still have a place (especially if they add rollup) but it will be taking a smaller piece of the pie if any with Eth 2.0.

As things stand I only see it as a short term bet.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #6167 on: April 30, 2021, 04:26:15 PM »
Great watch.

Yeah that was a good video and he made a great case for Cardano. But his Zoom replacing Citrix analogy was weak. A better one would be ethereum is like android, binance coin is like iOS and Cardano is a potential android killer. Let's say HarmonyOS.

Like android, Eth is getting regular updates and upgrades, has side projects to help usability (android apps which help your phone work better). Has a high level of acceptance, market share and more resources. It's gonna be harder for Cardano to break into that than the video makes out.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6168 on: April 30, 2021, 04:36:00 PM »
Yeah that was a good video and he made a great case for Cardano. But his Zoom replacing Citrix analogy was weak. A better one would be ethereum is like android, binance coin is like iOS and Cardano is a potential android killer. Let's say HarmonyOS.

Like android, Eth is getting regular updates and upgrades, has side projects to help usability (android apps which help your phone work better). Has a high level of acceptance, market share and more resources. It's gonna be harder for Cardano to break into that than the video makes out.

The bottom line is that all these projects have great people working behind then that have experience. Its just a metter of time to see how it all unfolds.

And what a time. Some really great long term  investments are with us and we are still so very early.

BTC still inching ahead. What a day. So glad Ive been having insomnia lately.Lol

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6169 on: April 30, 2021, 05:07:44 PM »
When someone boasts about ETH’s new issuance policy just say “Wow neat can’t wait to see what the leaders change it to next.”

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6170 on: April 30, 2021, 07:29:56 PM »
When someone boasts about ETH’s new issuance policy just say “Wow neat can’t wait to see what the leaders change it to next.”

Exactly. ETH IS NOT DECENTRALIZED. Indeed its quite the opposite.

This may not necessarily be its downfall, but it could well be in the long-run. Certainly a huge issue (flaw?) that people need to be aware of. Short term though seems lots of excitement around it, so occasionally we will see eth pumps (and alt pumps) as BTC's overall market cap grows...

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #6171 on: April 30, 2021, 09:09:02 PM »
Exactly. ETH IS NOT DECENTRALIZED. Indeed its quite the opposite.

This may not necessarily be its downfall, but it could well be in the long-run. Certainly a huge issue (flaw?) that people need to be aware of. Short term though seems lots of excitement around it, so occasionally we will see eth pumps (and alt pumps) as BTC's overall market cap grows...

It's far from a potential downfall.

Right now bitcoin offers very little other than being a store of value or "digital gold", so you hold Bitcoin because of its scarcity. You only gain anything if there is and increase in demand for it, otherwise at best it breaks even for you or loses value.

Eth offers a potential financial incentive for "locking" it up on their network. That is where it's store value will come from. Locking up your Eth will eventually be like owning "digital real estate". You sit back, collect rent and don't need too worry much about it losing value as by its very nature there will be demand for it..

Once the gold rush is over everyone will naturally want to migrate to property. If this stays a 2 horse race, then it's only a matter of time before Eth overtakes Bitcoin (admittedly it could still be a long ass time)

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6172 on: April 30, 2021, 09:31:51 PM »
I

Eth offers a potential financial incentive for "locking" it up on their network. That is where it's store value will come from. Locking up your Eth will eventually be like owning "digital real estate". You sit back, collect rent and don't need too worry much about it losing value as by its very nature there will be demand for it..

I do that  now with Btc, Eth, Ltc.  This is not exclusive to Eth only. "Rent" is paid to me monthly in BTC.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #6173 on: April 30, 2021, 09:43:31 PM »
I do that  now with Btc, Eth, Ltc.  This is not exclusive to Eth only. "Rent" is paid to me monthly in BTC.

And Eth is just as much a store value right now as a decentralized bitcoin.

My point was more about where all this is going and that's generally the whole point of crypto, moving things forward into a new world. Otherwise we might as well stick to holding cash, gold and ammunition ala anabolic.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6174 on: April 30, 2021, 09:51:27 PM »
Im getting a little worried at the parabolic run Eth is having. Theres been some bearish divergences and its  ascending channel looks liks it could form a wedge. . We all know how BTC's wedge ended just recently. Took a big shit. Might happen here too and we'll see BTC regain dominance. 

Edit: Also, parabolic runs usually have big corrections till the next big news comes around the corner. Or will this carry into the eip1559 timeframe and then take a dump?Time will tell .