Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 764342 times)

obsidian

• Getbig V
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #6225 on: May 03, 2021, 12:04:12 PM »
Relax bro. Bitcoin is far from done in this cycle. It can still x1.7 to x2.2

Eth anything from x3 to x9. It might even overtake bitcoin on market cap!

Also it's not FOMO right now in the big 2 (it probably will be soon) There are sound reasons for investing in bitcoin and in the case of ETH, the run it's going on has some teeth! Lower gas prices, taking steps to move from proof of concept to working in the real world and adoption in the finance sector being 3 reasons.
I agree. Ethereum has been undervalued compared to Bitcoin. When you look at the fundamentals the price should be a lot higher. A $9k-$10k Eth with a BTC price at $60k sounds fair to me.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #6226 on: May 03, 2021, 12:12:09 PM »
I can't stand 99% of the YouTubers that cover cryptocurrencies. If it isn't the flase advertising/clickbait writeups for their videos, it's the stupid selfies they plaster over the videos making them look like retards.

One of the few I can at least sit through is Bitboy_Crypto. If you have any suggestions, let me know.

"1"
Bitboy collaborates with a select few. He gets many offers that he has to reject. And he has collaborated with Moon Carl, Benjamin Cowen and MMCrypto. He also had Ivan on Tech on once.

Other guys you could check out are CryptosRUs (We are all George), Coin Bureau, Lark Davis, Altcoin Daily and a few others. Alex Becker is useful to listen to because he comes from the point of someone who is not emotionally attached to any project and gives a glimpse of how some traders approach cryptos. But he is missing the boat with Ethereum right now.

I think they all bring valuable input and you can gauge what the mood is with cryptos by watching their videos. I listen to them in the car or at the gym sometimes when doing cardio.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #6227 on: May 03, 2021, 12:18:07 PM »
I think this is the beginning if the end for this cycle. I'm ready to exit very very soon because I just don't like what I'm seeing here. These runs are totally speculative FOMO and based on nothing that should give them these prices at this point. Even large institutions can get burned and just cause they are entering the market doesn't mean they always make good decisions. We already know this via Lehman Bros.
And then what are people going to do? Hold on to their rapidly depreciating fiat? I don't think so.

Go look at the fundamentals of Ethereum to understand why it is going up in price. I have been saying this for a while now and you dismissed Ethereum and pumped Cardano. You sold Ethereum at $2,200 just recently right? And now it is at $3,300. What you need is stronger hands, you sell way to easy. I held Ethereum back in 2017-present all the way down to $80 and back up to where it is now. My approach is I would rather hold and see it go to zero than sell and see it go to the moon.

This is Michael Saylor's approach. He says you can't really beat the market and he admits he is terrible at trading so he is just making a super long bet that the price of BTC will go up and he will just hodl indefinitely. Warren Buffet had the same approach with stocks.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #6228 on: May 03, 2021, 12:23:34 PM »
And then what are people going to do? Hold on to their rapidly depreciating fiat? I don't think so.

Go look at the fundamentals of Ethereum to understand why it is going up in price. I have been saying this for a while now and you dismissed Ethereum and pumped Cardano. You sold Ethereum at $2,200 just recently right? And now it is at $3,300. What you need is stronger hands, you sell way to easy. I held Ethereum back in 2017-present all the way down to $80 and back up to where it is now. My approach is I would rather hold and see it go to zero than sell and see it go to the moon.

This is Michael Saylor's approach. He says you can't really beat the market and he admits he is terrible at trading so he is just making a super long bet that the price of BTC will go up and he will just hodl indefinitely. Warren Buffet had the same approach with stocks.
Yeah I sold some to realize actual profit. I still have some more but its much smaller amount.
I said this cycle could be over  I didn't say its the end of crypto. Show.me one chart that shows anything resembling what ethereum is doing right now that ended well and ill stop posting my negative outlook.

Remember this happened once before already . BTC is the barometer. If it fails to hold above 58k and makes another lower low. im going to realize the rest of my profit and just do some trading here and there. Leave my staking crypto to do its thing. Don't need to sit through another massive correction till next cycle.

Micheal Saylor is already rich and btc can go to zero and he will be fine. You and I are not him.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #6229 on: May 03, 2021, 12:41:15 PM »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/ethereum-at-5-000-one-financial-advisor-ceo-says-it-could-happen-this-week/ar-BB1gjKPn?ocid=BingNewsSearch

Ethereum at $5,000? One financial advisor CEO says it could happen this week

Nigel Green, CEO and founder of deVere Group, says Ethereum’s time has come—and the digital currency is well positioned to increase its market share.

“Ether is one of the main beneficiaries in the wider explosion in the cryptocurrency market,” he said. “The boom over recent months has been fueled by soaring interest from major institutional investors and growing recognition that borderless digital currencies are the future of money. This momentum is likely to build further in the near-term and I believe Ether will hit $5,000 within seven days.”

Ethereum, the world’s second largest cryptocurrency, is up more than 321% year to date, compared to a 98% increase in the price of Bitcoin, but it hasn’t captured quite the same zeitgeist among investors.

Green argues it’s a more scalable currency and has a superior blockchain technology.

Ethereum has been on an upswing for several days after the European Investment Bank issued its first-ever digital bond sale on the Ethereum blockchain network. Bloomberg reported the sale will be led by [hotlink]Goldman Sachs[/hotlink], Banco Santander, and [hotlink]Societe Generale[/hotlink].

The supply of Ethereum has also been dropping amid increased demand and businesses have been investing in startups that revolve around Ethereum, including such big names as Mastercard, UBS, and JPMorgan. A $1,000 investment in Ether in 2015 would be worth over $4.7 million today.

“Ethereum is already years ahead of Bitcoin in everything but price and fame,” said Green. “There’s a real sense that 2021 is the year for Ether. Its time has come.”

This story was originally featured on Fortune.com

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #6230 on: May 03, 2021, 12:43:22 PM »
Yeah I sold some to realize actual profit. I still have some more but its much smaller amount.
I said this cycle could be over  I didn't say its the end of crypto. Show.me one chart that shows anything resembling what ethereum is doing right now that ended well and ill stop posting my negative outlook.

Remember this happened once before already . BTC is the barometer. If it fails to hold above 58k and makes another lower low. im going to realize the rest of my profit and just do some trading here and there. Leave my staking crypto to do its thing. Don't need to sit through another massive correction till next cycle.

Micheal Saylor is already rich and btc can go to zero and he will be fine. You and I are not him.
Many people have predicted that Ethereum will go to $10k, $20k, $27k or even $40k this market cycle. And for Bitcoin the prediction is over $100k. We are not there yet. If you're getting spooked about a little movement like this then crypto is not for you. Go to the stock market.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #6231 on: May 03, 2021, 12:46:08 PM »
Boys help the old square.  Am I too late for this crypto stuff?  Has the ship sailed?
a

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #6232 on: May 03, 2021, 12:55:09 PM »
Boys help the old square.  Am I too late for this crypto stuff?  Has the ship sailed?
I don't think so. But realize it is quite volatile. Stocks are also volatile, but not as much.

Start looking at the price chart history of the biggest cryptos by market cap. Look over a longer time frame of 5 years. Read up on all these projects and watch some of the videos on Youtube - there are tons coming out everyday. Also look at news headlines.

Like you I missed the boat with the epic stock market run from 2010-present. Amazon, Tesla, Nvidia, Apple were all great opportunities that I never benefitted from because I always thought it was too late to enter.

The best time to enter was years ago obviously. But I think the cryptocurrency space is still in its infancy. There will be big corrections along the way so keep that in mind if you get into it.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #6233 on: May 03, 2021, 01:00:14 PM »

Yes and no. Eth still occasionally dips with bitcoin, but in this run Eth has also made gains or remained steady when bitcoin has taken a dump.

In the long term Eth doesn't need a viable bitcoin to succeed. Maybe the market is starting to realise this.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #6234 on: May 03, 2021, 01:08:51 PM »
Obsidian, thank you sir. Appreciated.
a

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6235 on: May 03, 2021, 03:25:35 PM »
What could go wrong? Looks perfectly normal.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #6236 on: May 03, 2021, 03:52:50 PM »

Looks good to me. The steeper the better. The the higher the price goes, the higher the price it settles at after any crash/correction. A crash will also bring in more dip buyers.

Only people this worries are those day trading or using leverage.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #6237 on: May 03, 2021, 05:08:35 PM »
Zoom out.

You complained when Ethereum was trading sideways. Said it was dead. And now when it is pumping you're pissed off. Ethereum is going to go a lot higher. The fundamentals are all in place. Go see what's in the pipeline. Ethereum is very underpriced compared to BTC. Look at how much innovation came out with all the smart contracts, DEFI and NFT space. All the stable coins that came out. Fees are also lower now after the recent upgrade. My mining profits in ETH terms are way down because these fees are lower.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #6238 on: May 03, 2021, 05:09:10 PM »
I hear Dogecoin is the new hotness.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #6239 on: May 03, 2021, 05:14:35 PM »

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #6240 on: May 03, 2021, 05:37:48 PM »
Zoom out.

You complained when Ethereum was trading sideways. Said it was dead. And now when it is pumping you're pissed off. Ethereum is going to go a lot higher. The fundamentals are all in place. Go see what's in the pipeline. Ethereum is very underpriced compared to BTC. Look at how much innovation came out with all the smart contracts, DEFI and NFT space. All the stable coins that came out. Fees are also lower now after the recent upgrade. My mining profits in ETH terms are way down because these fees are lower.

An example of irrational exuberance. Try not to sound like you are trying to sign somebody up with Amway.  ;D

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #6241 on: May 03, 2021, 05:51:23 PM »

An example of irrational exuberance. Try not to sound like you are trying to sign somebody up with Amway.  ;D
Lol you're right. I hate that as well. Everything won't go up forever. Be cautious and don't buy when all you see is green. There will be corrections I agree.

It will go up and down - exaaccctly as predicted!  ;D

One big thing driving up the price of cryptos is the fiat printing that's going on. Inflation will become apparent in the future and the fact that banks don't offer decent interest on savings accounts is a big catalyst. If I could get 10% APR on a savings account I would keep fiat in it.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #6242 on: May 03, 2021, 06:00:27 PM »

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6243 on: May 03, 2021, 07:18:12 PM »

Not too late at all, if you take a longer term view. As I have said many many times - Buy BTC. Hodl. Simple.

It may be the best ever financial decision you make in your life.

The opportunity is still there to become a wholecoiner, much in the future will give you a very privileged status. But its fast becoming out of reach as the rich, powerful and elite seek to preserve their status in the world...

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6244 on: May 03, 2021, 07:24:30 PM »
Well this thread just came to life, entertaining as always LOL!

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #6245 on: May 03, 2021, 07:41:58 PM »

Depends on your financial circumstances. If you're financially comfortable and have some spare cash then putting 5% to 10% in crypto right now wouldn't be a bad move for you. If crypto dies and your finances taking a 10% hit, your life won't really change much . If crypto flies then so do you.

If money is tight then save what you can for the next year or 2, and hope there is a crash so you can buy and get the more out of your crypto investments. If it doesn't crash then at least you have some money saved.

Either way you need to make it a long term play.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6246 on: May 04, 2021, 01:50:14 AM »
Zoom out.

You're hilarious. If it loses 30% , hey just zoom out. If it goes parabolic, hey just zoom out. You're in an echo chamber listening to  nothing but videos that share your sentiment that this is perfectly normal growth. All im asking for is reasonable sustainable upside movement and reminding people to take profits when the opportunity is there. This doesn't look normal to me .and any suggestion of this has your underwear in a bunch.

Ffs, doge is at ATH. A completely useless coin that has zero fucking case use and is only up because its so cheap and  some billionaires pump it. But hey, just zoom out. Celebrities endorse it, must be good and its market cap is reflective of a healthy environment, right?

This scenerio played out before, how did it work out?
George says things are perfectly fine no matter if BTC is at 58k or going down to 47k. I bet he says everything is fine if it gets to 33k.
Half the videos you post are of guys that called target of 70k and 80k, 100k, 200k, back to  64k, 72k, even 1 million dollars  etc....and told viewers to go long only to have things head down. How about I post of video of Chris shitting his pants saying the end looks like its here right after making those ridiculous long calls. Oops sorry guys.  Yoiure on your own now. Exactly as predicted lol

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6247 on: May 04, 2021, 03:12:27 AM »
Well this thread just came to life, entertaining as always LOL!

care to share your opinion on the latest moves mayday? Id like to hear what your have to say.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6248 on: May 04, 2021, 04:33:24 AM »
care to share your opinion on the latest moves mayday? Id like to hear what your have to say.

Well while I am having a good chuckle at the carnage in these last pages I also don’t like to see the few who remain arguing.

My take is this. Something will go wrong. 95% will lose and you guys are already arguing over everything so there you go.

This is what I think could happen in the shortest possible timeframe.

ETH rally continues and hits 19k-20k in mid June.

BTC begins to rally in May which adds fuel to The ETH rally. BTC will be 130k in June which is what allows the ETH peak and then hits 200k in July.

Market blows up and fucks everybody because nobody expects ETH to lead BTC to a market cycle top.

The downside will be utterly brutal. Heinous. Carnage. Wreckt. Fucks 95% of people. Bear market into the 2022 whilst social media people brag about having diamond hands.

That’s my take.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6249 on: May 04, 2021, 04:46:13 AM »
Well while I am having a good chuckle at the carnage in these last pages I also don’t like to see the few who remain arguing.

My take is this. Something will go wrong. 95% will lose and you guys are already arguing over everything so there you go.

This is what I think could happen in the shortest possible timeframe.

ETH rally continues and hits 19k-20k in mid June.

BTC begins to rally in May which adds fuel to The ETH rally. BTC will be 130k in June which is what allows the ETH peak and then hits 200k in July.

Market blows up and fucks everybody because nobody expects ETH to lead BTC to a market cycle top.

The downside will be utterly brutal. Heinous. Carnage. Wreckt. Fucks 95% of people. Bear market into the 2022 whilst social media people brag about having diamond hands.

That’s my take.

Thanks for sharing. I think we were just debating the true value of certain assets at the present moment and what that could potentially mean moving forward.

I apologize to any fellow getbiggers I may have offended.