Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 764431 times)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #7675 on: July 14, 2021, 04:59:04 PM »
Oklo and Compass Secure 20-Year Commercial Partnership to Launch Advanced Fission-Powered Bitcoin Mining

Compass and Oklo have signed a 20-year partnership to power Bitcoin mining with advanced fission

Oklo will begin to supply Compass with clean, reliable, and cost-effective power starting in the early 2020s

The commercial partnership between Oklo and Compass aims to promote diverse and sustainable energy sources for cryptocurrency miners

SUNNYVALE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oklo Inc. (Oklo) announces a 20-year commercial partnership with Compass Mining (Compass), the world's first online marketplace for Bitcoin mining hardware and hosting. With increasing power consumption from bitcoin mining, the partnership between Oklo and Compass aims to introduce advanced fission to supplement fossil fuels and promote diversity and sustainability in the energy sources used by miners. Oklo’s advanced fission powerhouses will provide clean, reliable, and affordable baseload power for Compass’ Bitcoin mining machines, starting in the early 2020s. Oklo is committed to supplying at least 150MW of clean power to Compass in the first phase of this partnership, helping drive the sustainability of Bitcoin mining practices.

“We are proud to blaze new trails on the commercialization of our powerhouses by partnering with Compass in decarbonizing Bitcoin,” said Jacob DeWitte, co-founder and CEO of Oklo. Oklo is the first advanced fission company to have its license to construct and operate a power plant be accepted for review by the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission.

“Cryptocurrency mining offers promising pathways to accelerate the deployment of clean energy technologies, and Oklo is positioned to respond to commercial demands by offering end-users the convenience of buying clean, reliable, and cost-effective power that they can depend on,” added DeWitte. Oklo’s path to deployment strives to optimize its power plant designs to be cost-competitive with the cheapest forms of energy.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210714005433/en/Oklo-and-Compass-Secure-20-Year-Commercial-Partnership-to-Launch-Advanced-Fission-Powered-Bitcoin-Mining

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7676 on: July 15, 2021, 12:01:36 AM »

Instead of letting a 10 year bull correct 40% they just made up another 911 and doubled down on printing.

The cost of real goods and services has gone up permanently until a crash IMO, they put the pedal to the floor no going back. None of this relies on actual demand, it's more money chasing the same goods.

Look at the rate Goldman has been selling off.

To rationalise the Fed’s action today we can look at the Great Depression. The mistakes made during the 30s was the Fed didn’t print money early enough (Great Depression) but also that they took their foot off the printing press gas after a brief recovery causing a multi year recession.

Therefore keep the pedal pinned until it’s clear you are on the other side, hence inflation is transitory but it’s cost push inflation not demand driven.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7677 on: July 15, 2021, 12:19:36 AM »
Active addresses blasted back to the Stone Age where price was 10k’ish.

It is big boys only club now and price is at 32k.

<George Soros has entered the chat>

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #7678 on: July 15, 2021, 01:47:03 AM »
This guy got rich (so far) from HEX. His initial 15.000 dollar investment turned into this:

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
Re: bitcoin
« Reply #7679 on: July 15, 2021, 01:49:06 AM »
That ship has sailed.  There was money to be made for a while but now mining is super slow and competitive and MtGox fucked over a lot of people and proved it is a big scam.

:D

Jakobslander

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7680 on: July 15, 2021, 02:46:36 AM »
HEX is exploding higher:
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/hex/

Any Getbiggers own it?

I do. Got almost 300 t-shares (2.5MM coins). I got in 4 months before the bonus, set up a bunch stakes (most are 5555 and three small ones end in 3 months) and am up 47x since the beginning.

I invested 7K and have now 315k.

It's not so much the price appreciation, it's the interest that I love. What you own, in USD terms, barely goes down because there are morons out there that trade this coin and emergency un-stake all the time. Then the game theory kicks in and you see a nice bump in the interest thanks to these morons.

The game theory behind the interest paying scheme is really a thing of beauty. It's NextGen stuff. Richard Heart built something really amazing.

That people still call this coin a scam is testament of how fucked up the industry is. I'm telling you, this coin is going to accumulate so much economic mass with such a large % of staked money, that the things built atop it will eventually explode. It's like a small local bank in a town with a population of 500 having 3 billion dollars deposited in its vault with nowhere to go but finance the 500 lucky suckers' projects.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #7681 on: July 15, 2021, 03:27:24 AM »

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7682 on: July 15, 2021, 04:50:13 AM »

Maxis are going apeshit about it.

Saylor made it clear he doesn’t want BTC to do anything or have any aspirations.

So here comes Million Coin which is a mimic and doesn’t do anything either lol.

Crypto exchange market is evolving into a meme space and maxis are getting upset that retail FOMO is preferring to play in meme space over BTC which means BTC can’t pump like they want it to.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #7683 on: July 15, 2021, 04:59:49 AM »
Maxis are going apeshit about it.

Saylor made it clear he doesn’t want BTC to do anything or have any aspirations.

So here comes Million Coin which is a mimic and doesn’t do anything either lol.

Crypto exchange market is evolving into a meme space and maxis are getting upset that retail FOMO is preferring to play in meme space over BTC which means BTC can’t pump like they want it to.

And this is why bad tech is not going to be a store of value. This is meme currency, it all is. The people talking about it on youtube might as well be doing videos on anime.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #7684 on: July 15, 2021, 05:10:13 AM »
To rationalise the Fed’s action today we can look at the Great Depression. The mistakes made during the 30s was the Fed didn’t print money early enough (Great Depression) but also that they took their foot off the printing press gas after a brief recovery causing a multi year recession.

Therefore keep the pedal pinned until it’s clear you are on the other side, hence inflation is transitory but it’s cost push inflation not demand driven.

This is the tail wagging the dog as far as demand. They tapped the consumer out and were just finding new ways to keep them buying with ZIRP etc ... finally they just go helicopter money. They couldn't risk a return to value, nobody wants to be on that watch. Technology has a centralizing and streamlining effect that if anything was sped up under covid and that could be the true deflationary force.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #7685 on: July 15, 2021, 06:52:13 AM »
I do. Got almost 300 t-shares (2.5MM coins). I got in 4 months before the bonus, set up a bunch stakes (most are 5555 and three small ones end in 3 months) and am up 47x since the beginning.

I invested 7K and have now 315k.

It's not so much the price appreciation, it's the interest that I love. What you own, in USD terms, barely goes down because there are morons out there that trade this coin and emergency un-stake all the time. Then the game theory kicks in and you see a nice bump in the interest thanks to these morons.

The game theory behind the interest paying scheme is really a thing of beauty. It's NextGen stuff. Richard Heart built something really amazing.

That people still call this coin a scam is testament of how fucked up the industry is. I'm telling you, this coin is going to accumulate so much economic mass with such a large % of staked money, that the things built atop it will eventually explode. It's like a small local bank in a town with a population of 500 having 3 billion dollars deposited in its vault with nowhere to go but finance the 500 lucky suckers' projects.

What exchange do you use for purchase of Hex?

I respect Richard Heart. I think he is one of the few voices of truth in crypto and the other day he singlehandedly OWNED Ben Armstrong's BitBoy crew while on their show.

"1"

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #7686 on: July 15, 2021, 06:58:13 AM »
Smart man. He is looking 60+ years into the future instead of 6 months.

NFL’s Saquon Barkley converting endorsements to BTC to create ‘generational wealth’

NFL star Saquon Barkley has revealed that he will be converting all of his endorsement money into Bitcoin.

Barkley was the 2018 NFL offensive rookie of the year and plays as a running back for the New York Giants — a team that is also sponsored by Grayscale.

The 24-year-old explained the rationale for the move earlier today during an appearance on “The Best Business Show,” hosted by Bitcoin proponent and Morgan Creek Digital co-founder Anthony Pompliano. He noted that his research on inflation is what drove his interest in Bitcoin:

"We're seeing inflation and we're learning you can't save wealth. That's why I am going to be taking my marketing money in Bitcoin."
Barkley was joined on the show by Jack Mallers, the CEO of Strike, a payments company based on the Lightning Network. The NFL star cites the CEO as a key person who helped educate him on the benefits of investing in Bitcoin. Mallers was also highly influential in El Salvador’s embrace of Bitcoin.

As part of the move to convert his reported eight-figure yearly marketing endorsement money, Barkley will take direct deposits into his Strike account and instantly convert the money into BTC.

Barkley stated that he sees his opportunity in the NFL as a chance to emulate cult sports figures such as Lebron James of the LA Lakers, Kevin Durant of the Brooklyn Nets and Tom Brady of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, by creating generational wealth for his family.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/nfl-s-saquon-barkley-converting-endorsements-to-btc-to-create-generational-wealth

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #7687 on: July 15, 2021, 02:50:53 PM »

And yet whales are accumulating more and amounts are increasingly going off exchanges into cold storage or for staking.

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #7688 on: July 15, 2021, 04:56:25 PM »
Smart man. He is looking 60+ years into the future instead of 6 months.

NFL’s Saquon Barkley converting endorsements to BTC to create ‘generational wealth’

NFL star Saquon Barkley has revealed that he will be converting all of his endorsement money into Bitcoin.

Barkley was the 2018 NFL offensive rookie of the year and plays as a running back for the New York Giants — a team that is also sponsored by Grayscale.

The 24-year-old explained the rationale for the move earlier today during an appearance on “The Best Business Show,” hosted by Bitcoin proponent and Morgan Creek Digital co-founder Anthony Pompliano. He noted that his research on inflation is what drove his interest in Bitcoin:

"We're seeing inflation and we're learning you can't save wealth. That's why I am going to be taking my marketing money in Bitcoin."
Barkley was joined on the show by Jack Mallers, the CEO of Strike, a payments company based on the Lightning Network. The NFL star cites the CEO as a key person who helped educate him on the benefits of investing in Bitcoin. Mallers was also highly influential in El Salvador’s embrace of Bitcoin.

As part of the move to convert his reported eight-figure yearly marketing endorsement money, Barkley will take direct deposits into his Strike account and instantly convert the money into BTC.

Barkley stated that he sees his opportunity in the NFL as a chance to emulate cult sports figures such as Lebron James of the LA Lakers, Kevin Durant of the Brooklyn Nets and Tom Brady of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, by creating generational wealth for his family.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/nfl-s-saquon-barkley-converting-endorsements-to-btc-to-create-generational-wealth

Big gamble. 8 figures a year is already generational wealth.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7689 on: July 15, 2021, 07:46:11 PM »

Over time the masses will be trading over the second layer via lightening network. So these will be hundreds of millions of people who don't appear on the base layer. And indeed the base layer will become consolidated by larger players, institutions, HNWs, banks, brokers, custodian service providers, old school hodlers, lost private keys, etc. So, what we really need to be looking at is adoption of lightening wallets. And that metric is growing at a stunning pace.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7690 on: July 15, 2021, 08:01:33 PM »

And this is why bad tech is not going to be a store of value. This is meme currency, it all is. The people talking about it on youtube might as well be doing videos on anime.

Do you understand its idiotic to call BTC "bad tech", when in fact BTC is tech which has evolved and continued to evolve in real time. Its like calling facebook or google "bad-tech" or "old tech" because they have been around for a decade. The evolution may seem rather seamless to you on the front end, but there is a huge amount of innovation constantly and carefully occurring with input from the very best and smartest people around the world under the hood.

Don't confuse yourself with the starting date of a technology, as opposed to its current state. BTC is as cutting edge as ever, and will continue to be as it evolves. When you build a new global monetary network, that needs a rock solid foundation, not fly by night scam "crypto-coins" who tout some kind of new and improved technology. Don't be misled. Stay pure to the core and you will be fine.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7691 on: July 15, 2021, 08:08:25 PM »
Guys - I urge you all to watch this. Very inspiring insightful in terms of what may happen in the future.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #7692 on: July 15, 2021, 08:26:17 PM »
Guys - I urge you all to watch this. Very inspiring insightful in terms of what may happen in the future.

A guy in a hoodie, whose daddy was a futures big shot and set him up some exchange. Another instant youtube genius. Seriously?

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #7693 on: July 15, 2021, 08:28:58 PM »
Do you understand its idiotic to call BTC "bad tech", when in fact BTC is tech which has evolved and continued to evolve in real time. Its like calling facebook or google "bad-tech" or "old tech" because they have been around for a decade. The evolution may seem rather seamless to you on the front end, but there is a huge amount of innovation constantly and carefully occurring with input from the very best and smartest people around the world under the hood.

Don't confuse yourself with the starting date of a technology, as opposed to its current state. BTC is as cutting edge as ever, and will continue to be as it evolves. When you build a new global monetary network, that needs a rock solid foundation, not fly by night scam "crypto-coins" who tout some kind of new and improved technology. Don't be misled. Stay pure to the core and you will be fine.

What core? What you call innovation I would call corruption and derivative of the original idea. This thing is fully under the control of the same people that control every other equity.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7694 on: July 15, 2021, 09:31:24 PM »

A guy in a hoodie, whose daddy was a futures big shot and set him up some exchange. Another instant youtube genius. Seriously?

By personalising this discussion on the appearance and/or my background and my father, as opposed to keeping it objective, you are engaging in what we refer to as an “ad hominem response". Whilst commonly done on discussion forums, many would consider such an approach towards an informed discussion to be an uncivil, illogical, and ultimately an unconstructive approach which focuses on some characteristic myself rather than what I am actually doing and achieving. As for hoodies, most of our future tech leaders now wear these from time to time. We don't care much for how we look like. And we know a suit makes no-one more intelligent. We care more about what our tech actually does, as opposed how the person who created it looks like.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7695 on: July 15, 2021, 09:48:53 PM »
By personalising this discussion on the appearance and/or my background and my father, as opposed to keeping it objective, you are engaging in what we refer to as an “ad hominem response". Whilst commonly done on discussion forums, many would consider such an approach towards an informed discussion to be an uncivil, illogical, and ultimately an unconstructive approach which focuses on some characteristic myself rather than what I am actually doing and achieving. As for hoodies, most of our future tech leaders now wear these from time to time. We don't care much for how we look like. And we know a suit makes no-one more intelligent. We care more about what our tech actually does, as opposed how the person who created it looks like.

*This is what I think the I would say i response to you if I was Jack.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #7696 on: July 15, 2021, 10:05:46 PM »

What core? What you call innovation I would call corruption and derivative of the original idea. This thing is fully under the control of the same people that control every other equity.

“After years of studying it, I believe that cryptocurrency is an inherently right-wing, hyper-capitalistic technology built primarily to amplify the wealth of its proponents through a combination of tax avoidance, diminished regulatory oversight and artificially enforced scarcity”, Mr Palmer tweeted.

Rather than alleviating people from financial institutions and decreasing centralised power, one of the main benefits argued by cryptocurrency evangelists, Palmer said the industry is “controlled by a powerful cartel of wealthy figures who, with time, have evolved to incorporate many of the same institutions tied to the existing centralised financial system they supposedly set out to replace.”

The “cult” of cryptocurrency has become akin to a “‘get rich quick funnel’, he argued, and that cryptocurrency is “almost purpose built to make the funnel of profiteering more efficient for those at the top and less safeguarded for the vulnerable.”

This is through software that limits financial interventions such as audits, regulation, and taxation, in order to exacerbate the “worst parts of today’s capitalist system”, Mr Palmer wrote, which include “corruption, fraud, [and] inequality”.

In June 2021, Britain’s Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) stated that Binance, one of the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchanges, could not undertake any regulated activity in the UK.

In other countries, including the United States and Germany, cryptocurrency has come under scrutiny from regulators about its use in illegal and illicit activities.

The Dogecoin founder points to the fact that if users fall victim to scams, the industry regards it as the victim’s fault, but that “billionaires manipulating markets” are regarded as “geniuses”.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/dogecoin-crypto-cult-founder-jackson-palmer-bitcoin-b1884531.html

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7697 on: July 15, 2021, 11:42:55 PM »
Flex - yes he obviously referring to alts, as opposed to BTC. He should have been clearer about that, and of course mainstream media is not great at distinguishing BTC from "crypto-currencies" in general.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #7698 on: July 16, 2021, 12:04:49 AM »
Whales are accumulating more at these levels and have been taking their BTC and ETH off exchanges, indicating they have no intention to sell.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #7699 on: July 16, 2021, 12:07:33 AM »
Flex - yes he obviously referring to alts, as opposed to BTC. He should have been clearer about that, and of course mainstream media is not great at distinguishing BTC from "crypto-currencies" in general.

Definitely includes bitcoin

https://twitter.com/ummjackson/status/1415353990208901123

Lose your savings account password? Your fault.
Fall victim to a scam? Your fault.
Billionaires manipulating markets? They’re geniuses.

This is the type of dangerous “free for all” capitalism cryptocurrency was unfortunately architected to facilitate since its inception.

Is he butthurt over crypto? Probably, but he does have a point.