Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 764718 times)

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #7900 on: August 09, 2021, 04:52:29 AM »
$ 45,687.00

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7901 on: August 09, 2021, 05:35:25 AM »
$ 45,687.00

And dumping steps up a notch……

Issa ok, MM will protect my short, they’ll just keep dumping.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #7902 on: August 09, 2021, 06:26:10 AM »
And dumping steps up a notch……

Issa ok, MM will protect my short, they’ll just keep dumping.

Well, I'm starting to think that guys like Richard Heart and you might be correct about the incoming dump.

With congress going towards aggressive taxation of all things crypto and given BTC's historical dump every few years, I wouldn't be surprised if $BTC does indeed go down to about $10K.

Question is, what's the best option? Buy into a stablecoin like Tether, weather the storm until the lowest of lows hit and then buy back into your favorite coins for double the volume (given the low prices)? Or will stablecoins as well take a hit if all things crypto do in fact get taxed?

Questions, questions....

"1"

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7903 on: August 09, 2021, 11:33:11 AM »

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #7904 on: August 09, 2021, 01:54:56 PM »

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #7905 on: August 09, 2021, 05:18:45 PM »
Change to crypto tax rules rejected. Nice pump incoming. Not getting involved as this looks like a set up for 40% plus dump.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-08-09/change-to-crypto-provision-in-infrastructure-bill-blocked

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #7906 on: August 09, 2021, 05:22:58 PM »
Change to crypto tax rules rejected. Nice pump incoming. Not getting involved as this looks like a set up for 40% plus dump.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-08-09/change-to-crypto-provision-in-infrastructure-bill-blocked

Was seen like a major loss to the crypto ecosystem. Why do you see a nice pump coming? Isn't this going to hurt miners and the such? Granted, it's not going to take effect until 2023, but still. Why the idea of a pump?

Are you taking the angle that it's bad for retail traders and the average person on the ground, miners included, but great for institutions?

"1"

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #7907 on: August 09, 2021, 06:04:40 PM »
Was seen like a major loss to the crypto ecosystem. Why do you see a nice pump coming? Isn't this going to hurt miners and the such? Granted, it's not going to take effect until 2023, but still. Why the idea of a pump?

Are you taking the angle that it's bad for retail traders and the average person on the ground, miners included, but great for institutions?

"1"

The move was blocked, so bullish for buyers. Even with it passed at this level (senate) it wouldn't have been implemented for several years and would still have needed approval from the next level up. That level is generally more crypto friendly, so this bill was very unlikely to pass.

This all felt like FUD, but now it creates bullish sentiment and retail fomo. I'm expecting them to get nuked soon, but not counting out another ATH post nuking. It all depends on wall st not burning down in the next few months..

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #7908 on: August 09, 2021, 06:09:38 PM »
The move was blocked, so bullish. Even if it had passed at this level (senate) it wouldn't have been implemented for several years and would still have needed approval from the next level up. That level is generally more crypto friendly, so this bill was very unlikely to pass.

This all felt like FUD, but now it creates bullish sentiment and retail fomo. I'm expecting them to get nuked soon, but not counting out another ATH post nuking. It all depends on wall st not burning down in the next few months..

It was?

Wait, this thing has evolved so many times over the last 1-2 days that it's been hard to follow. Didn't Shelby put the kibosh on the amendments that would have been crypto-tax friendly, because he wasn't able to get pork barrel spending as his handlers had wanted (Defense spending and Wall Street incentives)?

Did all of this change over the last hour?

"1"

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #7909 on: August 09, 2021, 06:34:25 PM »
It was?

Wait, this thing has evolved so many times over the last 1-2 days that it's been hard to follow. Didn't Shelby put the kibosh on the amendments that would have been crypto-tax friendly, because he wasn't able to get pork barrel spending as his handlers had wanted (Defense spending and Wall Street incentives)?

Did all of this change over the last hour?

"1"

I'm definitely not doing a great job explaining this. My apologies, it's 2.30am here

The bill would only affect the US, and now it's been blocked retail will see it's changed nothing, prices still stable or going up so fomo will continue. (crypto/btc survives another FUD, it's bulletproof type buy sentiment)

Also this bill is still up for debate, but at the top level it's more crypto friendly so is unlikely to see it be put into action in 2023. This is why I say this feels like planned FUD campaign. It feels like it's more for newspaper headlines or someone using it for some kinda leverage for their own ambitions.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #7910 on: August 09, 2021, 06:47:49 PM »
I'm definitely not doing a great job explaining this. My apologies, it's 2.30am here

The bill would only effect the US, and now it's been blocked retail will see it's changed nothing, prices still stable or going up so fomo will continue. (crypto/btc survives another FUD, it's bulletproof type buy sentiment)

Also this bill is still up for debate, but at the top level it's more crypto friendly so is unlikely to see it be put into action in 2023. This is why I say this feels like planned FUD campaign. It feels like it's more for newspaper headlines or someone using it for some kinda leverage for their own ambitions.

HOD'Ling for dear life continues!

"1"

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #7911 on: August 09, 2021, 06:56:41 PM »
HOD'Ling for dear life continues!

"1"

I hope you're not saying I'm making an excuse to hodl   :D

Have you read my posts in the last few monthd on here?  ;D (I actually sold ETH yesterday because gold and silver dumped and my main concern is not to get bag holding in a global market crash)

I told Mayday this bill will play out in a retarded way and those that don't fold (hodled) through this would win this round. Tell me I was wrong?

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #7912 on: August 09, 2021, 07:09:29 PM »
I hope you're not saying I'm making an excuse to hodl   :D

Have you read my posts in the last few monthd on here?  ;D (I actually sold ETH yesterday because gold and silver dumped and my main concern is not to get bag holding in a global market crash)

I told Mayday this bill will play out in a retarded way and those that don't fold (hodled) through this would win this round. Tell me I was wrong?

No. Didn't think you were making an excuse. The hod'ling is my strategy.

"1"

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #7913 on: August 09, 2021, 08:37:42 PM »
No. Didn't think you were making an excuse. The hod'ling is my strategy.

"1"

Staking will supercharge your hodling strategy. I hope your policy makers will see sense and not deny you this.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7914 on: August 10, 2021, 02:36:15 AM »
I said I’d tell you when I’d flip……

BULL!

Rise from the filthy dirt you degenerate piece of shit coins. Let’s us rush forward under the cover of broad daylight!

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #7915 on: August 10, 2021, 03:56:22 AM »
I said I’d tell you when I’d flip……

BULL!

Rise from the filthy dirt you degenerate piece of shit coins. Let’s us rush forward under the cover of broad daylight!

I've gone bear   :D (you were right, just early)

I think we'll see a short period of retail fomo and then they'll send the price back down (mid to low 30s for Btc)

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7916 on: August 10, 2021, 05:32:10 AM »
I've gone bear   :D (you were right, just early)

I think we'll see a short period of retail fomo and then they'll send the price back down (mid to low 30s for Btc)

There is weird things now though. Equal to Feb closing of longs and price is rallying. Very strange.

Recall my scenario a while back about September peak? What if? It only takes 6 weeks to happen.

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7917 on: August 10, 2021, 06:09:53 AM »
It will dip, I dont see it hitting below 39k. If so, wont stay there long. Leverage will be far less than previous ATH and they will get rekt again. I see selling pressure around 49-51k. Either way, I keep buying weekly.
6 figures EOY/early 2022.  Wont see a 80% retracement ever again from ATH. My prediction anyway.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7918 on: August 10, 2021, 06:39:14 AM »
It will dip, I dont see it hitting below 39k. If so, wont stay there long. Leverage will be far less than previous ATH and they will get rekt again. I see selling pressure around 49-51k. Either way, I keep buying weekly.
6 figures EOY/early 2022.  Wont see a 80% retracement ever again from ATH. My prediction anyway.

The longs closing is a signal of strength if price doesn’t drop accordingly. We’re at equal Feb closures with no crash so gotta pay attention to it. Last time that happened was Nov-Arecibo 2020 and we rallied damn hard for 6 weeks.

Strong buy signal attached. Surprised me a lot to see it pop up so I’ll respect it. I was full bear until this appeared on top of margin longs closing with price rising.

We’ll know more in a week. I think I said 26th September or something in my original scenario so for sure that peaks my interest. 6 weeks is all we need for some crazy fuck off rally so it’s plausible.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #7919 on: August 10, 2021, 07:08:16 AM »
There is weird things now though. Equal to Feb closing of longs and price is rallying. Very strange.

Recall my scenario a while back about September peak? What if? It only takes 6 weeks to happen.

Crypto market cap would probably need to double for a 100k BTC. 2 trillion to enter the market in 6 weeks? Zero chance. 1 trillion, Very unlikely.

Wont see a 80% retracement ever again from ATH. My prediction anyway.

Wall street crashing will send it pretty close

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7920 on: August 11, 2021, 02:39:21 AM »
Crypto market cap would probably need to double for a 100k BTC. 2 trillion to enter the market in 6 weeks? Zero chance. 1 trillion, Very unlikely.

Wall street crashing will send it pretty close

It isn't trillion of cash that enters the market to float the price because the mkt cap is a shitty calculation of the last highest price someone paid then applying that to every person who purchased before them.

The derivatives are 14x the size of spot which tells you the kind of leverage getting involved and why the price goes bananas. You are across this yourself as you gave me info on the hedge funds.

Lets pretend for a moment that it's going to go bananas and what it would look like. I think i can create a scenario that satisfies both the universe but also the skeptics and most likely disappoints the bulls (which is what we need in order for it to be real world).

I suggested the 'peak' of April was a parabolic run cut in half. Supporting data is on chain whales selling very hard into the FOMO buy wall from March onwards. I suggest a peak of 130k is probably what it should have been because the universe likes multiples.

I can validate 130k by looking at market pullbacks after parabolic peaks. The average is 75% which would give a bottom around 32k. We had 64.5k and a bottom of 28k which puts us at 56% or so. The gap between the 2 is almost half of the 56% which also marries back to the 130k number.

Then look at seasonality. I went through the main peaks and we can liken our current model to 2013 the most. 2013 spiked in Feb-Mar-Apr whereas this year we mostly did Mar-Apr-May but one could suggest the delay was because of the parabolic move being cut in half it extended the timeframe.

We are moving very quickly. Explosive up and explosive down, we can assume explosive recovery also so even if we are a month later in peak to 2013 we could peak earlier or the same due to current speed.

When it comes to price targets we can assume history repeats meaning all future price targets are halved for this year and most likely more brutally halved onwards as people learn more and front run. If we use a target of 220k and apply the same 50% reduction is provides us a target of 110k target if things were to rally at year end.

The assumption is Nov-Dec peak of 110k which marries up with a chopped down parabolic run and seasonality.
FWIW i am 50k in shitbag positions. Mostly Doge lol.

I have not yet entered my main holdings. We are at critical levels atm that we need to go above in order to validate we are back in a bull market.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #7921 on: August 11, 2021, 04:43:55 AM »
It isn't trillion of cash that enters the market to float the price because the mkt cap is a shitty calculation of the last highest price someone paid then applying that to every person who purchased before them.

The derivatives are 14x the size of spot which tells you the kind of leverage getting involved and why the price goes bananas. You are across this yourself as you gave me info on the hedge funds.

The assumption is Nov-Dec peak of 110k which marries up with a chopped down parabolic run and seasonality.
FWIW i am 50k in shitbag positions. Mostly Doge lol.

Yes my view has been that hedgefunds that were responsible for bull market to 64k. The updated SEC regulations in May put a stop to that and I questioned if the leverage game was dead. Since then Binance has watered down their offerings, people pay less attention to bitboy and the site and leverage angle he'd promote (bybit?) Plus hedgefunds still have their hands tied. What takes the market cap up to 3 or 4 trillion now?

This current pump feels like a retail fomo. Bots are going crazy on social trying to induce/maintain fomo and Coinbase and Robinhood make it much easier to buy now. If it is mostly retail then doge isn't a bad position, but I don't see things launching just on the back of retail.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #7922 on: August 11, 2021, 04:49:37 AM »
people pay less attention to bitboy and the site and leverage angle he'd promote (bybit?)

On that note, that guy is starting to seem much like a shill. He shills the fuck out of his personal coins and always has a "source" he gets information from regarding new activities. I think half the time he tries to generate low-scale pump and dumps with his info leaks in order for him to make a quick buck. I think just the other day he made a short youtube video stating that one of his "sources" on the inside of Amazon had suggested that Algorand and some other coin were the two coins that YouTube would utilize for cryptocurrency purposes. He then even stated that he had dropped over $200K into these coins in light of this information being practically verified as true by his source. Then, 2 days later, Amazon states those are all rumors and that they have no intention to get into crypto at this point.

He didn't backpedal or go back on YouTube to say "Hey guys, I was full of shit". Instead, I assume he benefitted from his million followers to get a quick rise in pricing for both coins, took his profits and then sold. Smells scumbag'ish, but I could be very wrong.

"1"

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #7923 on: August 11, 2021, 04:55:29 AM »
On that note, that guy is starting to seem much like a shill. He shills the fuck out of his personal coins and always has a "source" he gets information from regarding new activities. I think half the time he tries to generate low-scale pump and dumps with his info leaks in order for him to make a quick buck. I think just the other day he made a short youtube video stating that one of his "sources" on the inside of Amazon had suggested that Algorand and some other coin were the two coins that YouTube would utilize for cryptocurrency purposes. He then even stated that he had dropped over $200K into these coins in light of this information being practically verified as true by his source. Then, 2 days later, Amazon states those are all rumors and that they have no intention to get into crypto at this point.

He didn't backpedal or go back on YouTube to say "Hey guys, I was full of shit". Instead, I assume he benefitted from his million followers to get a quick rise in pricing for both coins, took his profits and then sold. Smells scumbag'ish, but I could be very wrong.

"1"

He is definitely a shill and out for himself. He gives it away pretty regularly with his body language that he's a lying fat piece of shit. He does however manage to get some decent guests and discussions going on his shows.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7924 on: August 11, 2021, 05:47:32 AM »
What takes the market cap up to 3 or 4 trillion now?

This current pump feels like a retail fomo. Bots are going crazy on social trying to induce/maintain fomo and Coinbase and Robinhood make it much easier to buy now. If it is mostly retail then doge isn't a bad position, but I don't see things launching just on the back of retail.

The end leg is always retail because they cause the high leverage FOMO run and MM dump onto them to HoDL on the way down. So it makes sense for it to be retail and right now on chain says it's all retail which was the same pattern earlier in the year.

Like any growing market there ends up being more players entering the game and existing ones who sold and made money shove it straight back into the market to play the same game again. When you combine that with a shorter timeline for a second pump you can begin to understand why it can pump so hard.

eg i entered back at 11k and i had 12 months or so until i sold. Compare this to right now, if i enter i might have 2-3 months until i need to sell. Combine that with everybody else who is waiting for confirmation and suddenly you can get 1-2 months of everybody entering at the same vs 12 months previously. That's why 2013 second pump was so explosive in price action.

In 2013 from the bottom after 22 days the price had jumped 55%
In 2021 from the bottom after 22 days the price has jumped 58%

If this runs true, we are running approx 2 weeks ahead of 2013 at the moment in terms of a bottom and bounce on calendar year. The exact same thing happened earlier in the year, we were running ahead by a month and then came the chopping of the parabola which extended us out into proper seasonality territory. So we can spike early but still finish during seasonality with a longer top vs parabola.

In about 10 days time we enter the rally phase of the month. I expect a pullback towards 42k and if it holds it's fair to expect a solid move up.