Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 764376 times)

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #8225 on: October 27, 2021, 09:22:12 PM »
Satoshi was not "the Government" or "the CIA" or any other conspiracy. Rather he was an individual libertarian an freedom pioneer.

Of course Governments was cashless (and trackable) money. That is a certainty. Bitcoin is our defence to that.

belief in bitcoin is the same as believing in a rona vax - damnation disguised as hope.

fear and greed r not the route to 'freedom'.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8226 on: October 28, 2021, 03:07:44 AM »
Satoshi was not "the Government" or "the CIA" or any other conspiracy. Rather he was an individual libertarian an freedom pioneer.

You do realise you're saying that without even having any proof of who or what "Satoshi" is.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8227 on: October 28, 2021, 05:16:26 AM »
You do realise you're saying that without even having any proof of who or what "Satoshi" is.

Onus is on conspiracy theorists to prove any of the nonsense they believe in. There is nothing in the whitepaper that supports the view of the CIA conspiracy nonsense. This is how science works.

Its like me claiming ghosts are real (and asking you to disprove it). Onus is on the person making the claim. Where is the evidece of your claims?

Either way, lets imagine for a moment the CIA did create it. So what even if so? The ledger is public. The block chain is decentralized. Any changes are subject to the consent mechanism.

Its like arguing about whether "God" created gold, or whether it was an organic creation. Either way, its irrelevant to the function and properties of gold.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8228 on: October 28, 2021, 06:15:04 AM »
Onus is on conspiracy theorists to prove any of the nonsense they believe in. There is nothing in the whitepaper that supports the view of the CIA conspiracy nonsense. This is how science works.

Its like me claiming ghosts are real (and asking you to disprove it). Onus is on the person making the claim. Where is the evidece of your claims?

Either way, lets imagine for a moment the CIA did create it. So what even if so? The ledger is public. The block chain is decentralized. Any changes are subject to the consent mechanism.

Its like arguing about whether "God" created gold, or whether it was an organic creation. Either way, its irrelevant to the function and properties of gold.

What claim did I make exactly? There were none.

I highlighted 2 points in a post made by anabolic where he provided his reasons for not getting involved in bitcoin.

"The longer this goes on unabated, the more I believe government created it.  They want a cashless society.  That's not a good thing.  Right now you have to convert it back to dollars in order to spend it."

Are you able to freely transact in bitcoin? What if the most major governments switch to BTC. Who would be right. You or Anabolic?

"TPTB have to keep their fiat scam system going and cryptos are the future of it.  I'm stay far away from these things, I don't care how high they go."

For arguments sake, let's say he doesn't care about being wealthy and doesn't care how high prices went. He had his reasons for not wanting to get involved, just like you have your reasons for hodling BTC. Both are equally valid to the individual, so who is right here?

As I said when I quoted his post. It will be the passage of time that will show us know who was right. There is also still a good chance you'll both be wrong. (Buy ETH and LRC)

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8229 on: October 28, 2021, 08:25:39 PM »
What claim did I make exactly? There were none.

I highlighted 2 points in a post made by anabolic where he provided his reasons for not getting involved in bitcoin.

"The longer this goes on unabated, the more I believe government created it.  They want a cashless society.  That's not a good thing.  Right now you have to convert it back to dollars in order to spend it."

Are you able to freely transact in bitcoin? What if the most major governments switch to BTC. Who would be right. You or Anabolic?

"TPTB have to keep their fiat scam system going and cryptos are the future of it.  I'm stay far away from these things, I don't care how high they go."

For arguments sake, let's say he doesn't care about being wealthy and doesn't care how high prices went. He had his reasons for not wanting to get involved, just like you have your reasons for hodling BTC. Both are equally valid to the individual, so who is right here?

As I said when I quoted his post. It will be the passage of time that will show us know who was right. There is also still a good chance you'll both be wrong. (Buy ETH and LRC)

Of course you don't need to "convert it into a dollar to spend it". That comment from Mr A is as idiotic now, as it was back then when he made it.

Of  course we will see Government coins (and these will both track spending, and not be limited in supply). Bitcoin is not the enemy here, nor is it a trojan horse - rather, Bitcoin is our defence against Government issued digital money. Governments not only will, over time, recognize the legitimacy of Bitcoin, but they indeed have no choice but to do so.

As for who was right, obviously it was me. He called Bitcoin "a Ponzi scheme", and "a bubble of nothingness doomed to fail." I explained to him that it was the future decentralized monetary system of the world.

No Government can control Bitcoin as Bitcoin is not sovereign to any country - its global, decentralized, amorphous, and immutable. Government's can certainly adopt its usage though (which of course would be a huge boost to its overall value due to the fixed supply). We are now starting to see this occur in various ways globally, whether its allowing taxes to be paid in Sats, allowing employees to be paid in Sats, allowing banks to use Sats, recognizing disputes relates to Sats as solvable under the existing established legal system, or even (in the case of El Salvador) making it an actual official currency.

So yes, Mr A gave reasons, but they were of course all either wrong, illogical, false, un-ethical, spiteful, obstinate, pig-headed, misguided, deceptive, misleading, or irrational.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8230 on: October 29, 2021, 05:59:04 PM »
Wow look at Australia. Suddenly BTC has been legitimized there with regulated Bitcoin ETFs allowed (and alts not allowed it seems).

For any Australians here, wonder if you would buy such an ETF? Would appeal to a range of people and companies I think.

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/business/australias-top-securities-regulator-says-it-will-approve-bitcoin-etfs

djliftsthings

• Getbig IV
  • RIP Pellius
« Reply #8231 on: October 29, 2021, 06:01:09 PM »
i dont know dick squat about this stuff
but is it true that if someone bought 8 grand of shib in august theyd be a gazillionaire now?
just something i read
"

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8232 on: October 29, 2021, 06:28:43 PM »
i dont know dick squat about this stuff
but is it true that if someone bought 8 grand of shib in august theyd be a gazillionaire now?
just something i read

August 2020 and yes. But chances are they would have sold long long before the prices got so big, probably under $100k. Whoever bought that $8k shib in 2020 has most likely forgotten their wallet key and can't access their coins or is dead.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8233 on: October 29, 2021, 06:34:42 PM »
Wow look at Australia. Suddenly BTC has been legitimized there with regulated Bitcoin ETFs allowed (and alts not allowed it seems).

For any Australians here, wonder if you would buy such an ETF? Would appeal to a range of people and companies I think.

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/business/australias-top-securities-regulator-says-it-will-approve-bitcoin-etfs

Most of these ETFs are approved on the basis that bitcoin is decentralised. If there is demand or a need for an alt ETF then there wouldn't be much of an issue getting it approved as long as that alt is decentralised.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8234 on: October 29, 2021, 07:49:26 PM »
Most of these ETFs are approved on the basis that bitcoin is decentralised. If there is demand or a need for an alt ETF then there wouldn't be much of an issue getting it approved as long as that alt is decentralised.

The main distinction being applied by regulators (both in the US and globally) is whether the coin is a commodity or an illegal security. Almost all alts are illegal securities, due to how they were created and a portion of "equity" and "control" being retained by a founder at the outset.

Bitcoin is a quite unique exception, hence for this reason (among others) we are seeing Bitcoin going global with institutional regulatory support. Very unlikely we will any time soon see any such thing for any alt, although never say never. Far more likely that an alt EFT will be various private equity ALT hedge funds (which already exist).

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8235 on: October 29, 2021, 08:22:34 PM »
The main distinction being applied by regulators (both in the US and globally) is whether the coin is a commodity or an illegal security. Almost all alts are illegal securities, due to how they were created and a portion of "equity" and "control" being retained by a founder at the outset.

Bitcoin is a quite unique exception, hence for this reason (among others) we are seeing Bitcoin going global with institutional regulatory support. Very unlikely we will any time soon see any such thing for any alt, although never say never. Far more likely that an alt EFT will be various private equity ALT hedge funds (which already exist).

Well the ASIC you mentioned that green lit a Bitcoin ETF in Australia also green lit an Ethereum ETF. You posted an article that only mentions the Bitcoin ETF. Why would you do that gib?

Plenty of articles mentioning the Ethereum ETF

https://www.smh.com.au/business/companies/asic-gives-trading-of-bitcoin-ethereum-etfs-green-light-20211029-p594ea.html
https://ambcrypto.com/australia-asic-issues-new-guidelines-on-etfs-for-investor-protection/
https://cointelegraph.com/news/australian-securities-regulator-issues-guidelines-for-crypto-etps

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8236 on: October 29, 2021, 11:50:37 PM »
Well the ASIC you mentioned that green lit a Bitcoin ETF in Australia also green lit an Ethereum ETF. You posted an article that only mentions the Bitcoin ETF. Why would you do that gib?

Plenty of articles mentioning the Ethereum ETF

https://www.smh.com.au/business/companies/asic-gives-trading-of-bitcoin-ethereum-etfs-green-light-20211029-p594ea.html
https://ambcrypto.com/australia-asic-issues-new-guidelines-on-etfs-for-investor-protection/
https://cointelegraph.com/news/australian-securities-regulator-issues-guidelines-for-crypto-etps

I did it because its true, and because it relates to Bitcoin (which is what this thread is about).

However, yes correct ETH also seems to likely be possible for an ETF. BTC will be first, but ETH may well follow. Other lalts very unlikely for now.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8237 on: October 31, 2021, 04:06:27 AM »
Great video regarding ATHs. This is the one youtubers videos I should never have stopped watching.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8238 on: November 01, 2021, 06:27:31 PM »
Great video regarding ATHs. This is the one youtubers videos I should never have stopped watching.

He is much better now. Earlier he would say up, down, left, right which means after all the smart maths he did, he still wasn’t sure WTF was going on. He actually gives an opinion now and it’s been solid. His interview with Saylor was brutal, good on him for standing up to Saylor.

Meanwhile Twitter has traders make so many bad calls once the market stopped going up, it is now a comedic theme of influencers hiding behind tweets meant to confuse to hide the fact they don’t know WTF they are doing and got wrecked.

There was that Alex Saunders Aussie guy. Had millions, used leverage, got wiped out, borrowed, lost it all again, arranged more BTC loans and ultimately scammed big name influencers and has left social media lol.

Alts are kicking ass.

That was another lie I learned from last time. The big money in alts is made early, not later.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8239 on: November 01, 2021, 06:52:02 PM »
Its true the big money in alts is early. Ideally as the founder, or at the top of the source prior to mainstream release. After that its a matter of milking the masses. Not sure its a proud way to be making money, but it is what it is...

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8240 on: November 02, 2021, 03:00:32 AM »
He is much better now. Earlier he would say up, down, left, right which means after all the smart maths he did, he still wasn’t sure WTF was going on. He actually gives an opinion now and it’s been solid. His interview with Saylor was brutal, good on him for standing up to Saylor.

Meanwhile Twitter has traders make so many bad calls once the market stopped going up, it is now a comedic theme of influencers hiding behind tweets meant to confuse to hide the fact they don’t know WTF they are doing and got wrecked.

There was that Alex Saunders Aussie guy. Had millions, used leverage, got wiped out, borrowed, lost it all again, arranged more BTC loans and ultimately scammed big name influencers and has left social media lol.

Alts are kicking ass.

That was another lie I learned from last time. The big money in alts is made early, not later.

Bitcoin boomers don't seem to understand that. Fair enough I guess if they can't pick which Alts to get behind.

Why buy and hold bitcoin right now for 2% gains when you can get 10% to 100% plus gains by picking the right in alts in that same time period? Once the cycle ends you can roll all that into bitcoin or other less risky investments.

(Can't wait for some maxi moron to come along and tell me it can't be done so I can own them like a bitch again)

Also I'm not gonna hold it against Cowen if he doesn't give an opinion or position (at least in his free youtube content) It should really be down to the individual to use any information he provides the best way they see fit.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8241 on: November 02, 2021, 03:04:32 AM »
Its true the big money in alts is early. Ideally as the founder, or at the top of the source prior to mainstream release. After that its a matter of milking the masses. Not sure its a proud way to be making money, but it is what it is...

There are still potentially plenty of undervalued (in terms of crypto) and unloved utility Alts that are yet to have their day. You just have to keep yourself in the loop with regards to what the project is doing.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8242 on: November 02, 2021, 04:01:55 AM »

Why buy and hold bitcoin right now for 2% gains when you can get 10% to 100% plus gains by picking the right in alts in that same time period?

Because most people, including you, cannot pick the next "right alt", (even though you may think you can...)

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8243 on: November 02, 2021, 04:06:52 AM »
Because most people, including you, cannot pick the next "right alt", (even though you may think you can...)

No one on here believes there is "one true alt". We leave that nonsense to you maxis. You don't need to pick "the next right alt". Just enough of them out performing bitcoin in the short term.

You can throw 3 darts at the top 100 alts right now and the odds would be in your favour that combined they'd out perform bitcoin in the short term. Now if you put some time in and look at the utility, people involved and what stage the project is at, then you can shift the odds even further in your favour.

Also I did tell you to buy LRC a few days ago. It's up 200% since then. Bitcoin in that time is up 2%.

Somehow I don't think I'll be stacking sats just yet, but there is a very good chance I'll be joining you at the end of this cycle/next cycle bottom after alts capitulate.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8244 on: November 02, 2021, 05:30:45 AM »
No one on here believes there is "one true alt". We leave that nonsense to you maxis. You don't need to pick "the next right alt". Just enough of them out performing bitcoin in the short term.

You can throw 3 darts at the top 100 alts right now and the odds would be in your favour that combined they'd out perform bitcoin in the short term.

Also I did tell you to buy LRC a few days ago. It's up 200% since then. Bitcoin in that time is up 2%.

Somehow I don't think I'll be stacking sats just yet, but there is a very good chance I'll be joining you at the end of this cycle/next cycle bottom after alts capitulate.

Good luck!

Here's a fun challenge - post your exact alt trades here, and then do a comparison to BTC over time. If starting from today, assume every holding is a "purchase" at day #1.

Will be interesting to see how you go. (Or just even do this for yourself, to ensure you are keeping yourself honest, so to speak. Many alt traders, and currency traders, and stock days traders, kidd themselves about how well they are actually doing.)

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8245 on: November 02, 2021, 05:48:58 AM »
Good luck!

Here's a fun challenge - post your exact alt trades here, and then do a comparison to BTC over time. If starting from today, assume every holding is a "purchase" at day #1.

Will be interesting to see how you go. (Or just even do this for yourself, to ensure you are keeping yourself honest, so to speak. Many alt traders, and currency traders, and stock days traders, kidd themselves about how well they are actually doing.)

Here is the thing I have always done that for myself. I have also done that on here to a degree going back to 2018. More so recently, and this is why I troll maxis on here with conviction, because I can back it up.

I don't trade in the ways you mention or probably think. I have always said I'm a mid-term/take profit hodler. It's not that different to what you do with btc. I just try hodl utility coins that I believe will give better returns.

My 3 main coins are ETH, LRC and DOT. Just for fun let's add Efinity. Something you mentioned an interest in. Let's see how it would do if you actually held it and took profits like I would. If you've done your due diligence and like it, then no better time to buy than right now.

Btw LRC is now up 300% since I told you to buy it.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8246 on: November 02, 2021, 07:06:08 PM »
Correct. Yes, I do hold Efinity. Long term hodl for me, but I generally keep it simple - BTC only.

I am not disputing that some alts you have chosen will (or have) risen. What I am disputing is that overall you can reliably do this consistently, so that your gains in doing so outperform the performance of BTC in the long run. So, its this that I challenge you to track.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #8247 on: November 02, 2021, 07:47:00 PM »
How do I sell my bitcoins?

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8248 on: November 02, 2021, 10:28:15 PM »
Correct. Yes, I do hold Efinity. Long term hodl for me, but I generally keep it simple - BTC only.

I am not disputing that some alts you have chosen will (or have) risen. What I am disputing is that overall you can reliably do this consistently, so that your gains in doing so outperform the performance of BTC in the long run. So, its this that I challenge you to track.

You're trying to dispute something I never claimed. In fact I suggested the opposite strategy. I basically said take short term alt gains and roll them into a safer bet like bitcoin.

Bitcoin boomers don't seem to understand that. Fair enough I guess if they can't pick which Alts to get behind.

Why buy and hold bitcoin right now for 2% gains when you can get 10% to 100% plus gains by picking the right in alts in that same time period? Once the cycle ends you can roll all that into bitcoin or other less risky investments.

It's simple. When bitcoin is hitting all time highs, a lot of alts go parabolic in price. That's what you're missing out on and believe is difficult to do, to the point you think anyone making such claims is lying to themselves. Are you HumbleNarcissist in disguise?

Also let's ignore the fact that I even told you to buy ETH and LRC literally hours before the pumped to a new ATH and 300% respectively. Let's call that "luck". You don't need to take my word for any of this. Charts with price history and dates/times are freely available to everyone for comparisons and you can make your own conclusions.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #8249 on: November 03, 2021, 01:19:10 AM »
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-11-02/ethereum-futures-etf-more-likely-than-bitcoin-fund-bi-says?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=crypto&utm_campaign=socialflow-organic

Crypto Might See An Ethereum Futures ETF More Before Spot Bitcoin Funds

U.S. regulators are more likely to approve an Ethereum futures-based ETF before giving the greenlight on a fund that holds Bitcoin directly, according to Bloomberg Intelligence.

“Most market participants agree that a spot Bitcoin ETF would be superior to existing futures ETFs, yet SEC approval of the former may be delayed until late 2022 or beyond,” James Seyffart, analyst at Bloomberg Intelligence, wrote in a note Tuesday. An Ethereum futures exchange-trade fund could be approved as soon as the first quarter of next year, he estimated.