Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 764930 times)

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #8500 on: February 25, 2022, 03:02:29 PM »
This period of "war" has certainly proved to be beneficial in terms of buying altcoins at bargain prices.

There are numerous coins right now that hold some SERIOUS potential. For once, I am starting to believe that Ethereum might not be as great of an investment as I once thought it would be. Sure, it can still mature towards a $10K/coin value, but even then, that's just a 4x from where we sit today. Those are not life-altering gains on an investment. A good return, but not great. There are some cryptos that are starting to look like great opportunities. That said, I still hold a decent position on $ETH, but I have diversified a good amount towards other projects.

"1"

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #8501 on: February 25, 2022, 03:18:42 PM »
All I can say is I’m doing pretty damn good swing trading alts atm. Been swinging ach in the .04-.065 channel and doing very well. Swung gala from .16-.39. Getting nervous now though with btc having a hard time trying to hit 40k.

I did that initial gala run from .19 to.........  .7 or something?

I always stay in too long too......just like LRC...got in at 1.36 held to 3.00 never sold.

Still believe in that one though, so will wait it out.
Y

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #8502 on: February 25, 2022, 03:39:45 PM »
I did that initial gala run from .19 to.........  .7 or something?

I always stay in too long too......just like LRC...got in at 1.36 held to 3.00 never sold.

Still believe in that one though, so will wait it out.

I missed the initial gala run, my buddy got it nicely though. It’s hard to jump out cause you never know if it’s gonna go 1000% from where you are about to jump. I’ve decided lately to just swing and be happy on every swing for 2k or better. It is working and I’m happy trading this way now, I couldn’t have done it a while back though. So I just go in on every trade and say 2k and I’m out. Luckily the last few trades I didn’t look for a day or two and was up 5-10k so those are the fun ones.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #8503 on: February 25, 2022, 03:42:41 PM »
I missed the initial gala run, my buddy got it nicely though. It’s hard to jump out cause you never know if it’s gonna go 1000% from where you are about to jump. I’ve decided lately to just swing and be happy on every swing for 2k or better. It is working and I’m happy trading this way now, I couldn’t have done it a while back though. So I just go in on every trade and say 2k and I’m out. Luckily the last few trades I didn’t look for a day or two and was up 5-10k so those are the fun ones.

You are correct sir.  That's the maturation process I need.  And you're right, the FOMO part about missing the 100% is what causes this.  I've seen so many coins like Sushi / LRC, etc that all do the 20% bump and drop all the time.  I am going to start doing that, but right now the market is a bit too unpredictable.
Y

Griffith

• Getbig V

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8505 on: February 28, 2022, 08:25:01 AM »
eBay Could Soon Accept Bitcoin, Ethereum And Dogecoin For Payments

https://www.benzinga.com/markets/cryptocurrency/22/02/25871566/ebay-could-soon-accept-bitcoin-ethereum-and-dogecoin-for-payments-report

A lot of companies announce this kind of thing for a little boost to their stocks, especially when doge gets a mention. I always check if the stock has been struggling and yep eBay has been dumping (although what isn't)

Still bullish, but take it with a pinch of salt.

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #8506 on: February 28, 2022, 08:26:25 AM »
maybe with all the economic regulations on Russia they will start buying Bitcoin and pay for my next IGF cycle

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8507 on: February 28, 2022, 04:55:50 PM »
Nice.

Target 41k-41.6k perhaps and see if there is any buy pressure left. Everyone in alts yet again.

I went full autist so I deleted to make it shorter 😂

March 4th 35k
March 25th 30k

As we approach Apr-May just be careful with your dip buying. Every bastard is going long from the same level you are.

This is the 2nd bottom at the same points. We will get a 3rd and everyone will do the exact same thing. I’ve attached the current liquidation points for you. Longs are where the liquidity is.

Huge green Hulk dick. Mirrored in BTC dominance. Biggest green daily candle since Feb 21.

Only a real nuke sends us down now (ETF news and Biden might cause some short term pain)

When do you FOMO? 52k or 58k?

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8508 on: March 01, 2022, 03:16:20 AM »
Huge green Hulk dick. Mirrored in BTC dominance. Biggest green daily candle since Feb 21.

Only a real nuke sends us down now (ETF news and Biden might cause some short term pain)

Massive green dildos alright, straight to daily resistance. Wouldn’t surprise me to see it go over the wma where people go apeshit again. I don’t mind because all I care about is the reset and whatever price that occurs at is what it is.

Deflationary event before inflationary policy/outcome. Happy to be wrong but I’m not going to believe a CPI of 7.5% (15% old metric)  is somehow equal to 0%. Right now you are in that boat with people who claim CPI doesn’t matter……..

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8509 on: March 01, 2022, 03:41:18 AM »

FYI Nukes are on the table and there is a very real chance someone gets nuked the longer this goes on.

It’s WW3 and totally messed up. I don’t think we walk away all happy and smiling from this, it’s highly likely something does go horribly wrong here.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #8510 on: March 01, 2022, 08:28:51 AM »
BTC $ 43,842.76

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8511 on: March 01, 2022, 11:34:45 AM »
Bitcoin suddenly shows how it can be relevant. Putin bans exporting $ from Russia over $10,000 so Russians are using Bitcoin. This is a power people have that can avoid government sanctions, rules or monetary policy. Unlike Gold, you can more easily conduct transactions with Bitcoin.

I am jumping ahead obviously, but the Russia situation does show how Bitcoin can be used in a practical way as a reserve currency. Not just to hold but to move money during government/economic turmoil or uncertainty. Even during times of inflation. I have new hope for Bitcoin. We'll see how government regulates it. This is getting interesting.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8512 on: March 01, 2022, 11:57:52 AM »
Bitcoin suddenly shows how it can be relevant. Putin bans exporting $ from Russia over $10,000 so Russians are using Bitcoin. This is a power people have that can avoid government sanctions, rules or monetary policy. Unlike Gold, you can more easily conduct transactions with Bitcoin.

I am jumping ahead obviously, but the Russia situation does show how Bitcoin can used in a practical way as a reserve currency. Not just to hold but to move money during government/economic turmoil or uncertainty. Even during times of inflation. I have new hope for Bitcoin. We'll see how government regulates it. This is getting interesting.

Good post.

Ukraine has also benefited from direct crypto donations to support their resistance efforts. The simplicity of the whole process was an impressive thing to witness.

The other interesting thing was that Ukraine asked the centralized exchanges (binance and kucoin) to ban Russians. They politely declined, but the sooner the switch is made to decentralized exchanges the better.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8513 on: March 01, 2022, 08:25:02 PM »
Hey Flex how does the sharemarket look to you?

I’m seeing a crossover on longer term MA which have signalled all bottoms post GFC. So really, we should be at the bottom right now if the last 14yrs trend is followed. Seeing some major figure heads posting recently I think they are looking at the same thing which is the bottom on markets is in. What do you think?

Some big heads have talked about BTC decoupling yet they also say ‘waiting to buy the dip’….. 25th March options expiry is all 25k30k so maybe options get nuked this time?

I’m already top 5% in the Pulsex sacrifice for ICO. So I am a degenerate aswell lol. I also have a large chunk set aside specifically for Pulsechain. My HEX is staked aswell. So I have YOLO’d but with a fraction of the money I was playing with before.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #8514 on: March 01, 2022, 09:24:42 PM »
'Airbnb CEO says they're absolutely looking into crypto for payments'.

IronMagazine.com

• Getbig IV
  • IronMag Bodybuilding Blog Online Since 2001
« Reply #8515 on: March 01, 2022, 10:19:57 PM »
Bitcoin jumps back above $40,000 as Russians switch to crypto
https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/01/investing/bitcoin-price-russia-ruble-intl-hnk/index.html

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #8516 on: March 01, 2022, 10:23:48 PM »
It is very rare to see Bitcoin having such a few strong days when the stock market is going down.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8517 on: March 02, 2022, 01:18:21 AM »
It is very rare to see Bitcoin having such a few strong days when the stock market is going down.

Why I’m puzzled is I know some of the same big players who are claiming ‘decoupling’ from markets and ‘this feels like March 2020 after the pandemic hit’ hold massive option puts for March at the 15k - 25k price range. They are literally counter trading retail while telling them to FOMO. It’s all kinds of fucked up.

I have tweets in my feed where people are literally orgasming at the thought of Nukes being launched. People are wanting to know how many people are dead because they think they can quantify deaths to BTC future price. The only thing more retarded than that is when I saw people claiming to actually be retarded because they scored high on an autist exam. I am outraged on behalf of Matt 😂

CPI print 10th March.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8518 on: March 02, 2022, 07:14:18 AM »
Hey Flex how does the sharemarket look to you?

I’m seeing a crossover on longer term MA which have signalled all bottoms post GFC. So really, we should be at the bottom right now if the last 14yrs trend is followed. Seeing some major figure heads posting recently I think they are looking at the same thing which is the bottom on markets is in. What do you think?

Some big heads have talked about BTC decoupling yet they also say ‘waiting to buy the dip’….. 25th March options expiry is all 25k30k so maybe options get nuked this time?

I’m already top 5% in the Pulsex sacrifice for ICO. So I am a degenerate aswell lol. I also have a large chunk set aside specifically for Pulsechain. My HEX is staked aswell. So I have YOLO’d but with a fraction of the money I was playing with before.

Yeah I played it that the bottom was in. Liquidity has been an issue and the invasion causing repositioning of market postions would bring in liquidity. So I was out on that big dip.

This year for whatever reason crypto is mirroring the financial markets. They've dumped around 15 to 20% this year. If it was a correction and it's corrected then we know what happens next..

I sold my short positions and rolled some into Eth.

Why I’m puzzled is I know some of the same big players who are claiming ‘decoupling’ from markets and ‘this feels like March 2020 after the pandemic hit’ hold massive option puts for March at the 15k - 25k price range. They are literally counter trading retail while telling them to FOMO. It’s all kinds of fucked up.

What proof is there that those individuals hold those positions?

The beauty of crypto is that we can track big wallets. Whales also make mistakes and get it wrong too. I wouldn't follow anyone blindly in all this.

I don't think it's decoupled quite yet, just showing more strength than earlier in the year.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #8519 on: March 02, 2022, 07:31:41 AM »
Crypto is holding up remarkably well so far, considering the situation.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8520 on: March 02, 2022, 06:46:16 PM »
Yeah I played it that the bottom was in. Liquidity has been an issue and the invasion causing repositioning of market postions would bring in liquidity. So I was out on that big dip.

What proof is there that those individuals hold those positions?

The beauty of crypto is that we can track big wallets. Whales also make mistakes and get it wrong too. I wouldn't follow anyone blindly in all this.

I don't think it's decoupled quite yet, just showing more strength than earlier in the year.

Nice.

Re the options as an example Raoul Has options in March @ 15k. I found it in a sea of Twatter and he replied he confirmed he held them. back in time and he has been open about a crash early 2022. Others are mostly no crash, we just rocket and bottom is in.

Barry Silbert is another one, says ‘we are buying’ Particularly odd as coinglass data has grayscale selling since Feb last year just as the premium went negative. We can all likely all agree we think a crap tone of money is going to come into the space. Grayscale being the largest would know. Maybe buying at 44k isn’t the ‘bottom’ but they are preparing at 44k because the dip is almost here? So whether it’s 34k or 44k their incoming funds are so large it won’t matter, it’s just better to prepare early?

Jan and Feb options were bang on for a price tap so at least for the moment it seems whoever is playing is large enough to move the price where they want to in order to meet the options price.

This is 25th March options. Even with the bounce not much has changed, there is 50k call but it hasn’t budged in weeks. Also the 3rd largest Bitcoin wallet just started to sell. I’m sticking to my own economic/inflationary strategy which has been awesome right up until Russia. My strategy says we need a deflationary event before we go up but the market is saying no, we are going straight up now. It reminds me of the GFC where energy flew up, rates started to rise and everyone was saying ‘we are going straight up now’.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8521 on: March 02, 2022, 10:05:31 PM »

This is 25th March options. Even with the bounce not much has changed, there is 50k call but it hasn’t budged in weeks. Also the 3rd largest Bitcoin wallet just started to sell. I’m sticking to my own economic/inflationary strategy which has been awesome right up until Russia. My strategy says we need a deflationary event before we go up but the market is saying no, we are going straight up now. It reminds me of the GFC where energy flew up, rates started to rise and everyone was saying ‘we are going straight up now’.

Can't trust anyone in the space. The multi billionaire CEO of Citadel has for years been shit talking crypto, called btc pumps tulip mania, called crypto a jihadist call against the dollar. After front running everyone he now he wants to become a market maker in crypto.

I don't think we will have GFC type event. It will be a bubble popping like dot.com. The can can still take a few more kicks before we get there.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8522 on: March 04, 2022, 01:06:13 AM »
Can't trust anyone in the space. The multi billionaire CEO of Citadel has for years been shit talking crypto, called btc pumps tulip mania, called crypto a jihadist call against the dollar. After front running everyone he now he wants to become a market maker in crypto.

I don't think we will have GFC type event. It will be a bubble popping like dot.com. The can can still take a few more kicks before we get there.

Ranged inside here. It’s already heated but I’d imagine a breakout now to try and takeout 46k and go up towards 52k. It’s already heated so I can’t imagine this will last long if it breaks out. 15 days?

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #8523 on: March 04, 2022, 05:07:18 AM »
Interesting twist of events...

Ethereum is looking really dicey at the moment. From possible favors in the past from the SEC, which might bite them on the ass soon, to now a dirty little connection to JP Morgan.

Following a recent lawsuit, it was revealed that JP Morgan, UBS and Mastercard own Consensys. Consensys, in turn, owns Infura & Metamask.

Now given that practically all Ethereum Virtual Machine transactions go through Consensys, JP Morgan has a direct snapshot of these transactions!! Insider trading anyone?

No such thing as decentralized finance if the banks and venture capital groups are able to see it all.

Ethereum is looking a lot like a security and also like a vehicle for insider trading?

"1"

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8524 on: March 04, 2022, 12:35:31 PM »
Interesting twist of events...

Ethereum is looking really dicey at the moment. From possible favors in the past from the SEC, which might bite them on the ass soon, to now a dirty little connection to JP Morgan.

Following a recent lawsuit, it was revealed that JP Morgan, UBS and Mastercard own Consensys. Consensys, in turn, owns Infura & Metamask.

Now given that practically all Ethereum Virtual Machine transactions go through Consensys, JP Morgan has a direct snapshot of these transactions!! Insider trading anyone?

No such thing as decentralized finance if the banks and venture capital groups are able to see it all.

Ethereum is looking a lot like a security and also like a vehicle for insider trading?

"1"

JP Morgan was another guy that perennially shit talked crypto.

The sketchiness around ETH goes back even further. The SEC chair who originally went after Ripple did so as his last act before joining a very pro ETH crypto platform involved in wallets, transfers and settlements.

The things you mention whilst definitely a negative for ETH are not fundamental issues with the blockchain. It's  more an on boarding issue. You don't need to use metamask or  Infura nodes. You can even go as far as creating your own nodes. Ethereum just needs better solutions for on boarding.

You wouldn't put the blame on the eth blockchain for all the shitcoins that exist on it. This would be a similar albeit a far more serious situation.