Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 764879 times)

Flexacon

• Getbig V
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #8575 on: March 25, 2022, 02:40:02 PM »
I'm starting to lean more on cryptos that can facilitate liquidity for CBDCs and interoperability of ledgers.

Do you have any interest in this paradigm? Any cryptos you're watching (goes for everyone)?

"1"

Ripple and Wells Fargo Collaborating on SWIFT Replacement

https://cryptosnewss.com/ripple-partner-and-wells-fargo-collaborating-on-swift-replacement/

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8576 on: March 25, 2022, 02:54:01 PM »
I am sticking to my own strategy which won’t be for everyone.

My assumption is it’s all pretty much nothing but memes. All of it. Forget usage (BTC has none). Forget Defi (ETH can’t scale). However we are in meme life right now. Young kids buy cryptos. Young kids love memes, they yolo because their friends yolo, they follow trends.

People gave up on BTC and ETH in Dec 2018 for valid reasons, but those who could see the potential still in it made a lot of money.

Things are completely different now. We are in the home straight. ETH has already scaled via layer 2s and actual products and market places are already in beta testing. Only way anyone loses now on ETH is if it somehow trips up over itself.

BTC is doing BTC things, even I have nothing negative to say about it.

Luna buying $10 billion worth of BTC and ETH merge around corner. You don't need to be bullish, just don't let the market scare or bore you out of it.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8577 on: March 25, 2022, 04:47:23 PM »
People gave up on BTC and ETH in Dec 2018 for valid reasons, but those who could see the potential still in it made a lot of money.

Things are completely different now. We are in the home straight. ETH has already scaled via layer 2s and actual products and market places are already in beta testing. Only way anyone loses now on ETH is if it somehow trips up over itself.

Luna buying $10 billion worth of BTC and ETH merge around corner. You don't need to be bullish, just don't let the market scare or bore you out of it.

Crypto has a green light from the US and EU so it’s golden now, I agree.

Time wise, Deflation/inflation waves have us tightening right now which means I am waiting.

I am positioned very well at the moment so I’m good. I still think the market is going to utterly wreck people both crypto and the sharemarket because people are today thinking they are front running the next inflationary wave when reality is we have not yet had the deflationary wave hit.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8578 on: March 25, 2022, 05:20:49 PM »
What do you guys think of Ethereum classic.  It is going up lately $48 now.   I am stuck in it for $120. Do you think it has room to run? I want to get out and stick with Ethereum.

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8579 on: March 26, 2022, 09:22:01 AM »
     Bitcoin price range is stabilizing. It seems $38-$42,000 is getting pretty close to stable. Once there is stability, it could theoretically switch from wild speculation to legitimate investors getting involved.

I just saw today how it can be useful as I made a purchase with PayPal credit(no interest if paid off in 6 months), which I was instantly approved for, but then realized to pay it off you are forced to link your bank account. You can't pay with your debit card or other means. The system wants those linked bank accounts so they have you. I had to call and they "allowed" me to send a physical check for payments via snail mail. You see what they're doing?

The system wants your Google account, bank account, credit cards, and ALL your money linked together with autopay "for your convenience". Then they've GOT you. They can just take your money, no need to ask anymore. The DMV will link in, IRS will link in, and then fees can't be disputed. You can't go anywhere else.

One world finance. .

Bitcoin avoids that. Bitcoin(or other crypto) is currently one of the few financial escape plans for that scenario.

Still Gossip and Opinion, but 2022 could be a big year for Bitcoin. 

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8580 on: March 26, 2022, 02:49:27 PM »
     Bitcoin price range is stabilizing. It seems $38-$42,000 is getting pretty close to stable. Once there is stability, it could theoretically switch from wild speculation to legitimate investors getting involved.

Still Gossip and Opinion, but 2022 could be a big year for Bitcoin.

I'd argue that's already happened. Billionaires like Jamie Dimon (JPMorgan) Ken Griffin (Citadel) Ray Dalio (Bridgewater) were either lukewarm or outright shit talked bitcoin and crypto for years. They are now talking it up so you can bet they already have exposure to it.

It's also now political suicide to be anti crypto.

Stability wise I don't think we're there yet. 50% swings will still be pretty common.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8581 on: March 26, 2022, 03:26:08 PM »

Benjamin Cowen obviously reads my getbig posts

https://twitter.com/intocryptoverse/status/1507818464832114693

Benjamin Cowen
@intocryptoverse
#Bitcoin is doing #Bitcoin things

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8582 on: March 26, 2022, 07:53:00 PM »

Stability wise I don't think we're there yet. 50% swings will still be pretty common.

50% from 45k gets us to 22.5k if capitulation is on the cards in the near term. Grayscale still at -25% premium so all these big buyers are not buying more than the spot market.

There has been no strength behind this current rally compared to the previous one. Volatility move not yet printed so it’s still waiting in the wind.

The June bottoming had 3 touches to the downside and then up. This time we have 3 touches to the upside and then…….

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #8583 on: March 27, 2022, 12:40:14 AM »
I bet stocks open in the green monday with this rise in BTC price over the weekend. We are risk-on right now.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8584 on: March 27, 2022, 05:18:32 AM »
50% from 45k gets us to 22.5k if capitulation is on the cards in the near term. Grayscale still at -25% premium so all these big buyers are not buying more than the spot market.

There has been no strength behind this current rally compared to the previous one. Volatility move not yet printed so it’s still waiting in the wind.

The June bottoming had 3 touches to the downside and then up. This time we have 3 touches to the upside and then…….

There is $10 billion buy pressure coming in and long term holders (12 month plus) are the majority and close to ATHs. Big buys are incoming and no one is selling.

Under those circumstances sending it down 50% from 44K seems very difficult, even sending it down 25% to 33k doesn't look easy. The dips already been bought.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8585 on: March 28, 2022, 02:28:22 AM »
There is $10 billion buy pressure coming in and long term holders (12 month plus) are the majority and close to ATHs. Big buys are incoming and no one is selling.

Under those circumstances sending it down 50% from 44K seems very difficult, even sending it down 25% to 33k doesn't look easy. The dips already been bought.

The pumps aren’t the problem it’s the shitty market structure.

Check the downtrend on the BTC pumps. This current one barely registers. BTC pumps and everyone buys alts assuming someone else is buying BTC to pump their bags. That sucks.

I’d feel much happier to see BTC at 47% or higher dominance to show it has support given it controls the entire market.

There is a bull case for 70k on this pump so let’s see. My HEX would love a juicy pump.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #8586 on: March 28, 2022, 03:33:17 AM »

Check the downtrend on the BTC pumps. This current one barely registers. BTC pumps and everyone buys alts assuming someone else is buying BTC to pump their bags. That sucks.

I’d feel much happier to see BTC at 47% or higher dominance to show it has support given it controls the entire market.

There is a bull case for 70k on this pump so let’s see. My HEX would love a juicy pump.

What do you make of Asia (Japan and China) easing at a time when the Fed is tightening or at least talking about it?

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8587 on: March 28, 2022, 07:55:52 AM »

By the time all indicators line up and it looks like the ideal time to buy, you'll get a small run at best and then it dumps

You know all is. Bell curves, retards etc

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8588 on: March 28, 2022, 10:21:25 AM »
What do you make of Asia (Japan and China) easing at a time when the Fed is tightening or at least talking about it?

China generally does inverse of US. The problem for China is rising energy prices and rising food prices both of which they can’t fix with printed money. The countries China relies on will one by one ban exports on agriculture, food, energy. That’s probably 6mths from now where we see food hit real hard.

An economy which can’t power or feed itself is not one to attract/keep foreign investment. The US will pull manufacturing back, just takes time.

From April there is supposed to be 3mb/day oil loss from Russia. OPEC is picking up only 0.4/day so roughly a 2.6% loss of global supply. Countries have oil inventory of which there were drawdowns in Jan and Feb, likely Mar aswell. It sounds like oil price will rip to 170+ then the US implements an oil export ban and uses domestic production to get domestic price back down to 100 or something like that.

You can kind of see why I believe it’s WW3.

By the time all indicators line up and it looks like the ideal time to buy, you'll get a small run at best and then it dumps

You know all is. Bell curves, retards etc

I’m already multiple 6 figs positioned so it’s not like I’m fully sidelined But I’m not putting anything else in, that’s enough. I’m well positioned and zero stress.

The money supply has been flat for 4 months. This isn’t The bullrun environment we had late 2020 into 2021, This is the period before that which lasted 8mths. Until we see stimmy floodgates open it’ll simply be sideways chop with risk of mean reversion (currently 23k) and rug pulls.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #8589 on: March 30, 2022, 04:23:17 AM »

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8590 on: March 31, 2022, 12:18:52 AM »
Let's see what Jack Mallers has in store for Miami conference. Last year was El Salvador making btc legal tender and work is this year something to do with Apple pay incorporating lightning via strike.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8591 on: March 31, 2022, 01:35:32 AM »
Let's see what Jack Mallers has in store for Miami conference. Last year was El Salvador making btc legal tender and work is this year something to do with Apple pay incorporating lightning via strike.

BTC Miami conference June 2021 and 9 months later still below 65k. Loads of FOMO and big news and price still can’t get there because they nuked retail.

Lightning converts Out of BTC in order to do the transaction and it works with everything.

Latest run up we have a crypto buying BTC to pump the price. We have Saylor now using 200M leverage to buy more BTC.

Volatility event very close now. If it’s a leg up 52k - 58k range next stop. If it’s a leg down, there is enough derivatives to dump price to 28k again.

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8592 on: March 31, 2022, 03:21:53 PM »
BTC Miami conference June 2021 and 9 months later still below 65k. Loads of FOMO and big news and price still can’t get there because they nuked retail.

Lightning converts Out of BTC in order to do the transaction and it works with everything.

Latest run up we have a crypto buying BTC to pump the price. We have Saylor now using 200M leverage to buy more BTC.

Volatility event very close now. If it’s a leg up 52k - 58k range next stop. If it’s a leg down, there is enough derivatives to dump price to 28k again.

Price is inconsequential to me, this is more about adoption and framework being built on top of BTC. Price will follow eventually.

Retail makes up 30% of the holdings.  Institution are and will drive these prices much higher, It's a big moneys game and has been for awhile.

Having said that, I believe the bottom is in barring any black Swan event. Probability of dumping below 28k is low.

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8593 on: March 31, 2022, 03:36:11 PM »

I think Terra's buys are ongoing over a long period of time and the 10 billion figure is an ultimate number based on projected demand for the stablecoin not a hard figure as it algorithmically-controlled buying to back the stablecoin not some guy pressing the buy button of a funny-money exchange like Coinbase.

Now I have to wonder how long until Tether or USDC go to a bitcoin-backed model? That would be bullish!

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8594 on: April 01, 2022, 12:17:52 AM »
Price is inconsequential to me, this is more about adoption and framework being built on top of BTC. Price will follow eventually.

Retail makes up 30% of the holdings.  Institution are and will drive these prices much higher, It's a big moneys game and has been for awhile.

Having said that, I believe the bottom is in barring any black Swan event. Probability of dumping below 28k is low.

Institutions don’t bailout retail.

There is no black swan event.

The institutions have been selling spot and letting retail derivative degenerates 100x pump the price. The setup for a sub 30k liquidation cascade is already there. This is no different to any pump before, when derivatives take over it means price point is no longer sustainable and it’ll be liquidated back to spot buyers.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8595 on: April 01, 2022, 08:48:47 AM »
I think Terra's buys are ongoing over a long period of time and the 10 billion figure is an ultimate number based on projected demand for the stablecoin not a hard figure as it algorithmically-controlled buying to back the stablecoin not some guy pressing the buy button of a funny-money exchange like Coinbase.

Now I have to wonder how long until Tether or USDC go to a bitcoin-backed model? That would be bullish!

I don't know if I'd want every stablecoin doing this as that could introduce a single point of failure for crypto. Well it makes bitcoin even bigger point of failure than it already is.

Are algos doing the buying for Luna? Maybe, but they didn't buy yesterday. Price dropped and longs got rekt. I'd bet my house on it that they bought the dip today though. Do Kwon might pump us to a new ATH.

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8596 on: April 01, 2022, 03:46:04 PM »
I am sticking to my own strategy which won’t be for everyone.

My assumption is it’s all pretty much nothing but memes. All of it. Forget usage (BTC has none). Forget Defi (ETH can’t scale). However we are in meme life right now. Young kids buy cryptos. Young kids love memes, they yolo because their friends yolo, they follow trends.

I hold HEX which is staked. I YOLO’d hard into the Pulsex sacrifice ICO. I have a remaining sizeable USDT which half is buying Pulsechain at launch and half is buying Pulsechain at the first dip. I get free PHEX to match my HEX so that was a nice incentive to buy HeX to begin with.

Basically I am buying to the community meme and this is the first with multiple coins that all function together. A number of YouTube influencers are all involved but they are not saying anything right now —> classic get in early then shill the fuck out of it.

I always maintained the only thing that mattered was the bottom or launch of a crypto. This has some serious players involved aswell, wallets that hold billions in BTC and ETH. Fuck it, follow the rich people.

Gigs up Mayday, we know who you are.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8597 on: April 07, 2022, 10:12:18 PM »

No Apple, but still pretty bullish for BTC. Don't think we'll see it reflected in the price though.

People are not appreciating that layer 2s are what will allow crypto and blockchains to replace traditional everything.

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8598 on: April 08, 2022, 02:03:12 AM »
No Apple, but still pretty bullish for BTC. Don't think we'll see it reflected in the price though.

People are not appreciating that layer 2s are what will allow crypto and blockchains to replace traditional everything.

"Jack Mallers, CEO of Strike, announced at the Bitcoin 2022 Conference in Miami that his company has partnered with Shopify, NCR, and Blackhawk Network. These payment providers work with the majority of major U.S. companies like McDonald’s, Walmart, Walgreens, Home Depot, Best Buy, Chipotle, Starbucks, Whole Foods, and more.

Mallers shared a video of himself making purchases at a grocery store with three different payment methods. By using Zap, Cash App, and Muun Wallet to pay via QR code, Mallers demonstrates how the consumer is able to pay in any method they want through the Lightning network. This enables shoppers to pay with privacy and allows for merchants to save on the 3% fee charged by credit card processors.

With this announcement, Strike now offers a method for people in the U.S. to transact with their Bitcoin that does not require making Bitcoin legal tender. These partnerships allow users to pay for products and services with their Bitcoin over Lightning while the merchant accepts the payment in U.S. dollars. This makes filing taxes much more manageable for both the consumer and merchant."

I think this is actually a bigger deal than Apple, even though it's not reflected in the price as you mentioned. They're going after transaction fees and it will happen slowly then suddenly.

The layers 2s are going after a 400trillion network, it will be huge. What a time to be an investor  in this space. The price right now is trading at an extreme discount if you have a higher time preference.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #8599 on: April 08, 2022, 10:03:03 AM »