Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 764807 times)

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #8725 on: May 13, 2022, 06:09:31 AM »
Not surprising. Elon is a loose cannon mentally.

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #8726 on: May 13, 2022, 06:13:57 AM »
Musk is a turbo autist lol.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #8727 on: May 13, 2022, 06:15:12 AM »
Agree. Remember when this stock was the shit? Probably will go to zero.

I don’t claim to know the bottom but when busts happen people get surprised by how low prices can go an example being the banks in 2008.

So many stocks are going to shit. So many indicators at a macro level suggesting that things will get worse.

I still believe central bank digital currencies will become real phenomenon and soon (within 5 years). I am now trying to stick to only cryptocurrency projects/blockchains that look to be likely used in the future CBDC space.

When it comes to stocks, only dollar cost averaging into index funds. The market is much too volatile for me to pretend to be able to time it.

This would be great.

Agreed. If that target hits, I'd pour a good chunk of cash into a select 5-10 cryptos.

"1"

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #8728 on: May 13, 2022, 06:24:19 AM »
So many stocks are going to shit. So many indicators at a macro level suggesting that things will get worse.

I still believe central bank digital currencies will become real phenomenon and soon (within 5 years). I am now trying to stick to only cryptocurrency projects/blockchains that look to be likely used in the future CBDC space.

When it comes to stocks, only dollar cost averaging into index funds. The market is much too volatile for me to pretend to be able to time it.

Agreed. If that target hits, I'd pour a good chunk of cash into a select 5-10 cryptos.

"1"

Amazon is still at 50PE. My fundamental issue with this is that the company is seen as tech when it’s really an online supermarket and that type of business operates on low profit margins.

I see it eventually going significantly lower:

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #8729 on: May 13, 2022, 06:30:44 AM »
Another classic distribution pattern. Investors thought they were getting a bargain in the 110-130 range:

This chick Kathie Wood was God’s gift during the run up:

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #8730 on: May 13, 2022, 06:35:00 AM »
Holy all momentum lost Batman, just a Dead Giveaway.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #8731 on: May 13, 2022, 06:37:32 AM »
Amazon is still at 50PE. My fundamental issue with this is that the company is seen as tech when it’s really an online supermarket and that type of business operates on low profit margins.

Way overvalued on that PE.

RSI cruising around the 26 range, oversold, but likely due to people getting scared and wanting to take healthy profits in light of what could come in the future. Even if RSI points towards a good buy potential, I'm not convinced.

Still too pricey for my blood.

"1"

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8732 on: May 13, 2022, 07:15:15 AM »
Nothing is truly decentralized. Bitcoin would be decentralized on Earth if all the power and internet to run the network came from another planet or moon or numerous moons and planets and was broadcasted to Earth via satellites that are not controlled by Earth and that can defend themselves successfully against an attack. The planet(s) where Bitcoin is secured needs to be able to defend the power stations from interplanetary missile attacks / nukes.

But here on Earth it aims to be decentralized but it still has centralized attributes. Look at this chart. A handful of pools dominate the Bitcoin hash rate. If the three largest pools combined their hash rate they could make a 51% attack on Bitcoin.

https://fortune.com/2021/10/26/bitcoin-mining-capacity-ownership-concentration-top-investors-nber-study/

Just 0.1% of Bitcoin miners control half of all mining capacity, according to a new study

Bitcoin’s surging popularity hasn’t changed one of its original attributes. Its ownership is still concentrated in just a few hands.

The top 10,000 individual investors in Bitcoin control about one-third of the cryptocurrency in circulation, according to a study by the National Bureau of Economic Research.

Crypto enthusiasts have long pondered who the largest owners of Bitcoin are since the early days of the its existence. It can be especially difficult to determine the concentration of ownership, as many of the largest addresses don’t often represent individuals, but exchanges and other entities that hold Bitcoin on behalf of other investors.

However, by using a data collection method that differentiated between addresses belonging to intermediaries and individuals, NBER researchers were able to find the former controlled about 5.5 million Bitcoin at the end of last year while the latter controlled about 8.5 million. Additionally, the top 1,000 individual investors controlled about 3 million, and the concentration could be even greater.

“This measurement of concentration most likely is an understatement since we cannot rule out that some of the largest addresses are controlled by the same entity,” researchers Igor Makarov and Antoinette Schoar wrote.

For instance, the data did not not assign the ownership of early Bitcoins held in about 20,000 addresses to one person (Satoshi Nakamoto) and considered them as belonging to 20,000 different individuals.

The concentration of miners is even more profound, data show. NBER found that the top 10% of miners control 90% of the Bitcoin mining capacity, and just 0.1% (about 50 miners) control 50% of mining capacity. 

Such a high concentration could make the Bitcoin network vulnerable to a 51% attack, where a colluding set of miners or one miner is able to take control of a majority of the network. NBER found the concentration also decreases following sharp increases in the Bitcoin price, meaning the probability the network is vulnerable to a 51% attack is higher when Bitcoin’s price drops sharply.

“Our results suggest that despite the significant attention that Bitcoin has received over the last few years, the Bitcoin ecosystem is still dominated by large and concentrated players, be it large miners, Bitcoin holders or exchanges,” the researchers wrote. “This inherent concentration makes Bitcoin susceptible to systemic risk and also implies that the majority of the gains from further adoption are likely to fall disproportionately to a small set of participants.”

In every financial system there's always going to be a wealth disparity, Btc is  no different. The difference is the top holders of btc, no matter how much they hold have no rights of the consensus protocol. No amount of  btc they have can change the code. Sure they can dump the market and they have over and over, only to buy up cheap coins off people who know no better. Have a look at the last week, top 100 wallets have accumulated 80k in btc.

Elon musk has a large following, richest* man in the world, multiple companies which he resides over and makes policies and structural changes foreign and domestic in his companies favour with power and money he has.  Elon purchased 1.7billion in btc making him one of the largest holders, he has no say in how btc operates. Btc doesn't give a fuck about his stack and keeps pumping blocks every 10min.

Decentralisation is not a spectrum. Centralisation means it has a centre, you can go in and shut it down. Two very good examples, opensea and metamask blocking Russia  users, completely banned.  These 1000s of shitcoins are masking themselves as decentralised but really they are unregistered securities. SEC will come for them.

As for mining  pools, I touched on that. They would bleed their money dry before it ever eventuated. Look at china, at one point they were burning 100TW hrs per year, half the network. China shut down the network due to environmental bs issues. Mind you they burn 25000TW hrs per year. China is a major authoritarian  country, they hate  btc. If they could of hacked it, they would've, if they could've turned it off they would've. They're not a fan of people having private property outside of their ability to control/disrupt.

Instead what you saw was 50-60% network turned off and relocated. Because the network was so robust it had no downtime, no lawsuits, no protests. It just kept hitting ever 10minutes.  Never before have you seen a network lose 50-60% of its infrastructure and have no downtime or hiccups. The hash rate fell to 60s and then grew to up over 240s. So it grew 4times larger and stronger from  when it turned off. It was a trillion $$ mistake by China

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #8733 on: May 13, 2022, 12:52:15 PM »
All Getbig Bitcoin investors on suicide watch.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #8734 on: May 13, 2022, 01:51:54 PM »
Too many people investing large sums of money into something because it was going up in price. They also invested in something they really didn't understand.

Just look at Luna and it's twin coin. Gone in under 7 days. It's done.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8735 on: May 13, 2022, 04:43:40 PM »
I can guarantee you most bitcoin investors are still happy enough to be holding their bitcoin, just maybe doing it with their butt clenched a bit right now. The only people on suicide watch are those who got involved in leveraged plays and lost everything. If they weren't doing it on bitcoin/crypto they would be doing it on something else.

Also I don't think there was anyone on here invested in Luna. The concept of a bitcoin back backed stablecoin and the algorithm involved was interesting and that was all that was ever discussed on here. Literally maybe 2 posts on Luna before this week out of 8000+

Shit, I posted about Luna looking fucked on here just hours before it's final death spiral and could have leveraged in and made a killing, but I didn't get financially involved because it's a bet that potentially has infinite loss if wrong. Buy and hold (and compounding gains) is as close as you'll get to free money if you are able to stick it out.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #8736 on: May 13, 2022, 05:08:40 PM »
I guess there are some early investors who are still in a profitable position but if you bought the ETF at any time and are still holding you are currently sporting a flaming bunghole.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #8737 on: May 13, 2022, 05:17:39 PM »
Which one gets to Zero first?

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #8738 on: May 13, 2022, 06:15:16 PM »
I guess there are some early investors who are still in a profitable position but if you bought the ETF at any time and are still holding you are currently sporting a flaming bunghole.

“Sporting a flaming bunghole” that’s fucking terrific Hahahahaha.

epic is back

• Getbig V
  • It is only in darkness that light is brightest
Re: Bitcoin price jumps through the roof!! (70 percent)
« Reply #8739 on: May 14, 2022, 02:28:00 AM »
Just wanted to remind you guys making fun of me back then

you still work for whitey

you use racist terms like

honky

yet you date honky's and

work for them

epic is back

• Getbig V
  • It is only in darkness that light is brightest
« Reply #8740 on: May 14, 2022, 02:31:05 AM »

In every financial system there's always going to be a wealth disparity, Btc is  no different. The difference is the top holders of btc, no matter how much they hold have no rights of the consensus protocol. No amount of  btc they have can change the code. Sure they can dump the market and they have over and over, only to buy up cheap coins off people who know no better. Have a look at the last week, top 100 wallets have accumulated 80k in btc.

Elon musk has a large following, richest* man in the world, multiple companies which he resides over and makes policies and structural changes foreign and domestic in his companies favour with power and money he has.  Elon purchased 1.7billion in btc making him one of the largest holders, he has no say in how btc operates. Btc doesn't give a fuck about his stack and keeps pumping blocks every 10min.

Decentralisation is not a spectrum. Centralisation means it has a centre, you can go in and shut it down. Two very good examples, opensea and metamask blocking Russia  users, completely banned.  These 1000s of shitcoins are masking themselves as decentralised but really they are unregistered securities. SEC will come for them.

As for mining  pools, I touched on that. They would bleed their money dry before it ever eventuated. Look at china, at one point they were burning 100TW hrs per year, half the network. China shut down the network due to environmental bs issues. Mind you they burn 25000TW hrs per year. China is a major authoritarian  country, they hate  btc. If they could of hacked it, they would've, if they could've turned it off they would've. They're not a fan of people having private property outside of their ability to control/disrupt.

Instead what you saw was 50-60% network turned off and relocated. Because the network was so robust it had no downtime, no lawsuits, no protests. It just kept hitting ever 10minutes.  Never before have you seen a network lose 50-60% of its infrastructure and have no downtime or hiccups. The hash rate fell to 60s and then grew to up over 240s. So it grew 4times larger and stronger from  when it turned off. It was a trillion $$ mistake by China

we need melvin to decipher what all this means

and the difference between a single of doublewide

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #8741 on: May 14, 2022, 02:36:47 AM »
Using Covid as a pretext, Central Banks around the world created massive amounts of money out of thin air. It went into the financial sector and then to speculative markets: Tech, housing and Crypto, running up prices well beyond market value. Now, the party is over and the hangover has arrived:

Notice when Bitcoin really took off:

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #8742 on: May 14, 2022, 02:40:08 AM »
Tech sector etf:

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8743 on: May 14, 2022, 05:26:35 PM »
This thread has been mostly dead for months unless it was me shit posting for fun.

Now, everyone suddenly out of the woodwork and posting looking for Bitcoin death. While it’s fun to bear post just keep in mind the bottom will be at whatever price it will be at.

The bottom is in OR we have mere days left for it to be in. Once I see a confirmed bottom I’ll be bull posting my brains out……

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #8744 on: May 14, 2022, 06:10:40 PM »
Twitter deal on hold
Because he wants to know how many actual real users there are. He doesn't want to overpay for Twitter.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #8745 on: May 14, 2022, 06:12:09 PM »

Amazon Web Services, Amazon Prime Video and Music, Amazon Fire Stick and TV, Alexa devices... It is a tech company also.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #8746 on: May 14, 2022, 06:15:31 PM »

As for mining  pools, I touched on that. They would bleed their money dry before it ever eventuated.
Ethereum staking validators have to be honest. Dishonest validators lose their ETH. To execute an attack on a POS network will also be expensive. And I read they can undo anything an attack accomplishes if it is discovered soon enough. Thousands of people are watching for these kind of attacks apparently 24/7.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #8747 on: May 14, 2022, 06:16:36 PM »
This thread has been mostly dead for months unless it was me shit posting for fun.

Now, everyone suddenly out of the woodwork and posting looking for Bitcoin death. While it’s fun to bear post just keep in mind the bottom will be at whatever price it will be at.

The bottom is in OR we have mere days left for it to be in. Once I see a confirmed bottom I’ll be bull posting my brains out……
Looks like Saylor will post some collateral if Bitcoin drops down below $4,000 lol!

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8748 on: May 14, 2022, 07:50:36 PM »
Ethereum staking validators have to be honest. Dishonest validators lose their ETH. To execute an attack on a POS network will also be expensive. And I read they can undo anything an attack accomplishes if it is discovered soon enough. Thousands of people are watching for these kind of attacks apparently 24/7.

Flaw, as I've mentioned is it resembles the old financial  system and can be changed. It is premined, had founding members. What's to say Russia avoids sanctions  by using Ethereum, how is the government going to stop them? They'll threaten  its founding members of Eth with jail time if they obey their demands.

There is a reason why the legacy system and its players are coming after POW and endorsing POS, it's not an environmental issue. They know  they can control a POS network if need be.

Full disclosure, I have a position in Eth similar to yours. I Stake it and at this point given my cost basis, where I live its not worth selling due to tax implications. I believe Eth will exist in years to come however Btc is my main holding.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8749 on: May 14, 2022, 09:07:25 PM »
Because he wants to know how many actual real users there are. He doesn't want to overpay for Twitter.

He knows already and I can say this because there is someone like me in that company who tracks this stuff.

it’s IMO a ploy to dump Tesla shares.

He bought 9% of Twitter for 3B. He then makes an offer to buy the entire company. In order to fund it he gets the nod to sell 8.5B in Tesla shares. Post sale suddenly he holds off on the deal because he isn’t sure how many bots there is lol.

Plebs just got played. The guy has dumped 16B in Tesla shares over the past year and hasn’t bought a damn thing.