Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 764402 times)

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #9400 on: March 10, 2023, 12:29:28 PM »
I'd be careful about jumping into anything right now. You have the SEC going after everyone, regulations looming and contagion from the banks.

Bingo!

I was leaning towards DCA'ing into some of the more utility driven crypto tokens. A lot of these tokens are going on discount during these times and will likely go deeper on their prices.

"1"

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9401 on: March 10, 2023, 05:20:08 PM »
Bingo!

I was leaning towards DCA'ing into some of the more utility driven crypto tokens. A lot of these tokens are going on discount during these times and will likely go deeper on their prices.

"1"

I sold 85% which put me at 2.5x and left the balance as a hedge.

I’m not looking to buy right now. BTC might range 19.2k-21k for a bit before deciding whether to pump or dump.

Voyager have almost liquidated their holdings. Still some to go.

My Gox coin sales have been delayed to September….. 👀 

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #9402 on: March 10, 2023, 09:42:28 PM »
Circle (USDC) had a decent chunk of money in SVB. They should be able to eat the loss, but there will be people who try attack it now and depeg it.

lordantonius

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9403 on: March 11, 2023, 07:55:20 AM »
I feel like this won't end well for the government. This is not online poker.

I get angry when I think about how the US government is against everything I enjoy - gear, online poker, crypto, weed, mushrooms, - it makes me feel as if there really is a force of control on us. They don't want us to make it out of the matrix or whatever you want to call this social confinement. Its really troubling if you have had your passions taken away like this only to see them come back monetized and now taxed to death.

Anyways - Im still really bullish on crypto provided its POW - LTC BTC is majority of holdings right now. I have small play in AVAX that is longer term as I look for that 6x.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9404 on: March 11, 2023, 04:35:06 PM »
Many people bought BTC as a hedge against collapsing banks. Now their time may have come...

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9405 on: March 12, 2023, 03:03:21 AM »
Many people bought BTC as a hedge against collapsing banks. Now their time may have come...

Another shitcoiner delt a blow shitting all over btc to pump their centralised tokens.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #9406 on: March 12, 2023, 10:51:29 PM »
CZ (binance) is gonna market buy a $billion worth of BTC, ETH and BNB https://twitter.com/cz_binance/status/1635131601884700674

$billions of USDC that depegged and was frozen over the weekend is now probably looking for a new home. so either convert to fiat, tether or btc/alts.

CZ just incentivised all that money to front run him. We're in squeeze territory if other markets don't nuke

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9407 on: March 13, 2023, 05:22:07 AM »
BTC jumped today.

Just giving us a little reminder of where money will go for a safe haven if there really ever is a banking contagion collapse...

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9408 on: March 13, 2023, 09:21:48 AM »
Shot up 17%, bought some last week when it was low, pleasant surprise today, I'll be selling by the end of today maybe tomorrow at the latest.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9409 on: March 13, 2023, 08:09:23 PM »
Shot up 17%, bought some last week when it was low, pleasant surprise today, I'll be selling by the end of today maybe tomorrow at the latest.

In my view not much point in "trading". BTC is a long term 1 way bet, but with bumps along the way. Buy and HODL is my advice. You will be grateful you did in 5 years, and look back with huge regret in 10 years if you don't...

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9410 on: March 14, 2023, 04:13:48 AM »
If BTC was going to make a run for it i had 30k in March. It's having trouble breaking above 25k but lets see.

I have the Fed rates at 5.33% in May which is 2 more rate hikes of 0.25%. I believe the Fed then holds rates to November or so for maximum pain.

Market now thinks 5.1% peak (it's come down from 6%) and cuts in July...... wishful thinking on cuts.....

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #9411 on: March 14, 2023, 04:39:23 AM »
If BTC was going to make a run for it i had 30k in March. It's having trouble breaking above 25k but lets see.

Since I started following BTC and ETH several years ago, I've noticed that their value moves with the value of the stock market, not opposite the stock market as it might have many years ago.

So my theory is that the value of BTC and ETH will shoot up again in the next stock bull market.

But in the end...

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #9412 on: March 14, 2023, 04:45:46 AM »
It seems at the moment any association with crypto is viewed as toxic by banks, their customers and investors.

Regulators seize Signature Bank in third-largest US bank failure

Regulators seized New York regional bank Signature Bank (SBNY) two days after shutting down Silicon Valley Bank as overseers of the banking system try to restore calm before markets open Monday.

Signature becomes the third-largest bank to ever fail in the U.S., behind Silicon Valley Bank and Washington Mutual in 2008, if its assets haven't changed significantly since the end of 2022. Signature had $110 billion in assets as of Dec. 31, ranking 29th among U.S. banks. It had $88 billion in deposits as of that date, and approximately 89.7% were not insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation.

Signature served clients in the cryptocurrency world and had been trying to reduce its exposure. Like Silvergate Bank, another crypto-friendly bank that said last week it would voluntarily wind itself down, it suffered from a deposit outflow in the aftermath of the collapse of crypto exchange FTX. Deposits dropped 17% in the fourth quarter of 2022 as compared to the year-earlier period.

The value of some of its securities had also dropped in value due to a rapid rise in interest rates over the last year, a development that also created problems for Silicon Valley Bank once depositors at that California bank began withdrawing money.

Signature tried last week to restore confidence in its position as investors punished regional bank stocks, releasing a filing that stated it had "a strong, well-diversified financial position" and reiterating the company's intent to reduce its exposure to cryptocurrency customers. Its shares sold off more than 20% Friday, and were down 76% over the past year.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/regulators-seize-signature-bank-in-third-largest-us-bank-failure-231404695.html

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9413 on: March 14, 2023, 12:53:34 PM »
Since I started following BTC and ETH several years ago, I've noticed that their value moves with the value of the stock market, not opposite the stock market as it might have many years ago.

So my theory is that the value of BTC and ETH will shoot up again in the next stock bull market.

But in the end...

A few years ago it didn’t follow the stock market.

This cycle it did follow the stock market. Therefore they had something in common = liquidity.

We have liquidity coming into the markets in 2023-24 so we could see crypto begin to do its own thing. The short term commonality is shit is breaking so everything is getting nervous.

Also short term BTD dominance tapped 45% and started getting sold off. It’s not always a given but when you see dominance tap out and begin to rotate it means rotation into shitcoins while BTC dumps. Hence I left my hedge of pieces of total garbage coins in play which hadn’t yet pumped because rotation hasn’t begun yet.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #9414 on: March 15, 2023, 04:27:02 AM »
A few years ago it didn’t follow the stock market.

This cycle it did follow the stock market.

I assume you are referring to crypto following the stock market downward in the last couple of stock market crashes and in the current bear market.

But in my opinion crypto seems to also have followed the stock market upward during the last bull market, which was the longest lasting bull market in the history of the stock market.

But I could be mistaken.  I've been paying attention to the stock market since 2008, but I've only started paying attention to crypto the last several years.  I'm only sharing my observation, and I'm by no means a crypto expert like other Getbiggers here.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9415 on: March 15, 2023, 07:29:29 AM »
Wow some serious bank run fears bubbling along today both in Europe and USA. Where to put your money when you no longer trust banks (and when you no longer trust money to hold its value)... BITCOIN.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #9416 on: March 15, 2023, 11:35:07 AM »
Wow some serious bank run fears bubbling along today both in Europe and USA. Where to put your money when you no longer trust banks (and when you no longer trust money to hold its value)... BITCOIN.

Yes, but with which crypto exchange?  One too many have already collapsed and people were unable to withdraw/transfer their crypto.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #9417 on: March 15, 2023, 11:39:35 AM »
Yes, but with which crypto exchange?  One too many have already collapsed and people were unable to withdraw/transfer their crypto.
Exchanges and banks should at the very least match their customers' funds. Would be great to see an exchange or bank allow a complete run on the bank and survive. That would instill confidence in customers. Banks and exchanges' main business model should be to be able to survive a 100% run on the bank.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9418 on: March 15, 2023, 12:37:58 PM »
I assume you are referring to crypto following the stock market downward in the last couple of stock market crashes and in the current bear market.

But in my opinion crypto seems to also have followed the stock market upward during the last bull market, which was the longest lasting bull market in the history of the stock market.

But I could be mistaken.  I've been paying attention to the stock market since 2008, but I've only started paying attention to crypto the last several years.  I'm only sharing my observation, and I'm by no means a crypto expert like other Getbiggers here.

You missed my part about liquidity which was commonality between the two moving together. The point being, they move together only when there is a reason for them to move together. Where they don’t have common ground, they do their own thing

Crypto should not act like a tech stock if it is claiming to be a monetary tool.

If it’s still following the S&P then what you should consider is always SVB the first sign of a liquidity crunch for tech startups. If it is then with 2 more rate hikes and no cuts until end of year we might see a total bloodbath in tech in which case crypto will go with it.

dunkin donuts

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9419 on: March 15, 2023, 04:00:38 PM »
physical gold if you are smart

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9420 on: March 15, 2023, 06:32:53 PM »
physical gold if you are smart

Try carrying that gold across and boarder or subdividing it into exchangeable pieces or sending it to relatives across the world or storing it in a way it cannot be confiscated, or buying what is actually Tungsten coated in gold and then see how smart you are ... :)

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9421 on: March 15, 2023, 06:34:11 PM »

This has already been answered soooooo many times.

DooM_

• Getbig III
« Reply #9422 on: March 15, 2023, 09:48:50 PM »
the usual   '' doom and gloom ''  comments in this thread . . .

dunkin donuts

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9423 on: March 16, 2023, 12:09:38 AM »
Try carrying that gold across and boarder or subdividing it into exchangeable pieces or sending it to relatives across the world or storing it in a way it cannot be confiscated, or buying what is actually Tungsten coated in gold and then see how smart you are ... :)
Why would I want to do any of that retarded shit

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #9424 on: March 16, 2023, 05:00:43 AM »
This has already been answered soooooo many times.

I don't read every post in this thread, and I don't need an answer.  It was a rhetorical question, to make the point that crypto isn't that much safter than bank deposits.

Bank deposits are at least FDIC insured up to $250,000 per depositor, per insured bank, for each account ownership category.

Crypto cold storage?  Risky as well for so many reasons.