Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 764396 times)

Flexacon

• Getbig V
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #9450 on: March 17, 2023, 01:35:22 PM »
My feed is the same as yours. One massive circle jerk claiming QE is back. Spastics, the lot of them.

But you can see from this BTC rally and why I had said this could turn utter crazy when people think QE is coming but they get it wrong. YOLO central right now. Glad I left my hedge in play but at the same time glad I took a 2.5x profit of my bull holdings.

It’s going to turn to a total shitshow as the market is pricing cuts in July but Fed will be holding rates at least out to November.

If there isn't a 50 bps rate hike and nothing breaks then markets could have a brief rally, but it's just delaying the inevitable.

Alts aren't doing much on this BTC rally. Need BTC price to settle, maybe somewhere at around 28k or 32k and then jump back in alts when random alts start popping.

TA is telling me BTC will give it all back pretty soon though. 22k, 20k and 18k are possibilities. Maybe if we have some bad news this weekend or around the FED meeting

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #9451 on: March 17, 2023, 03:13:37 PM »
Another upside breakout. Last one was a trap. IMO, if the trap was there once. It’ll be there again.

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9452 on: March 17, 2023, 03:15:14 PM »
Sincere question for open discussion: why do gold bugs advocate for only 5% of your personal wealth in gold? While at the same time writing and speaking volumes on the merrits of gold. It's like they want to insure only 5% of their wealth and gamble away the 95% on speculative assets? Or keep the 95% in cash and see it devalue? Or what?

I bought some gold and am contemplating buying more, but I am worried about liquidity when buying only in 1 kg bars. And also overall, I question the gold narrative for the question posed above.

I also don't trust bitcoin because there is plausible reason to assume it's the work of MIT spooks contracted by the central banks and government to steer the cattle into their digital prison

We are all headed into a digital prison whether you like it or not. Bitcoin is the only insurance/tool against it. Decentrilization of money is what releases  you from those  shackles.

Gold has been seized by countries governments in times of crisis. Why would  you allocate anything let alone 5% into a dead rock, which us hard to move, can never ever be any form of money again?

As of this minute  I can hire a website developer, computer programmer from halfway across  the world who doesn't have access to financial services and pay them via the lightning network in btc. The transaction will cost me a fraction of a cent and they will receive btc instantaneously, un-confiscatble, decentrilised and totally secure.

Don't worry, this old tech is going no where, no entrepreneurs  will enter the space, adoption will come to halt and the addressable asset market of 500 trillion + will be consumed by a bunch of degens placing their bets on masturbating monkey pics thinking their centralised protocol is the future of money.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #9453 on: March 17, 2023, 03:33:10 PM »
We are all headed into a digital prison whether you like it or not. Bitcoin is the only insurance/tool against it. Decentrilization of money is what releases  you from those  shackles.

Gold has been seized by countries governments in times of crisis. Why would  you allocate anything let alone 5% into a dead rock, which us hard to move, can never ever be any form of money again?

As of this minute  I can hire a website developer, computer programmer from halfway across  the world who doesn't have access to financial services and pay them via the lightning network in btc. The transaction will cost me a fraction of a cent and they will receive btc instantaneously, un-confiscatble, decentrilised and totally secure.

Don't worry, this old tech is going no where, no entrepreneurs  will enter the space, adoption will come to halt and the addressable asset market of 500 trillion + will be consumed by a bunch of degens placing their bets on masturbating monkey pics thinking their centralised protocol is the future of money.

Seems like you're pretty upset the degens no longer pump your bags. I recommend you start add these to your shopping cart for a better nights sleep.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #9454 on: March 17, 2023, 03:52:20 PM »
Janet Yellen's most recent remarks from 3/16/23 are nothing short of TERRIFYING. Watch this video (below) from the 1:19 mark onward...

Pretty sure the government has made up its mind and wants to divert all available FIAT cash to Systematically Important Banks (SIBs) in order to set the stage for the unveiling of their population-controlling CBDC. Regional banks will get slaughtered and depositors are starting to fear that their funds will evaporate as defaults begin. Moreover, as you've all seen, part of the deal in bailing out the tech-friendly banks is a clause that states that they will no longer honor the business of crypto dealings.

Americans, at the very least, will have a hard time off-ramping their crypto profits onto FIAT currency, as there might be no banks left to provide such a critical function. I think sticking to any cryptos that have proven utility and involvement in the future movements of the government makes most sense. I hold a few Bitcoin, but will seriously start to consider selling off (or converting to other crypto) as the writing is on the wall, unless HYPERINFLATION becomes a reality which I think could be possible given the stunt(s) that the FED and government pulled this past weekend.

"1"

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9455 on: March 17, 2023, 04:17:28 PM »
If there isn't a 50 bps rate hike and nothing breaks then markets could have a brief rally, but it's just delaying the inevitable.

Alts aren't doing much on this BTC rally. Need BTC price to settle, maybe somewhere at around 28k or 32k and then jump back in alts when random alts start popping.

You should have realized by now that almost all alts are scams (not to mention unregulated securities). Bitcoin has emerged at the single true "alt" to fiat currency. We don't need alt, alts. United we stand, divided we fall. Stay away from a poor-mans shit coin, stack sats, and hodl, It not that hard...

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #9456 on: March 17, 2023, 04:23:08 PM »
You should have realized by now that almost all alts are scams (not to mention unregulated securities). Bitcoin has emerged at the single true "alt" to fiat currency. We don't need alt, alts. United we stand, divided we fall. Stay away from a poor-mans shit coin, stack sats, and hodl, It not that hard...

By "we" you mean only multi-millionaires, who don't have access to US FDIC-insured banks, who keep way too much cash lying around doing nothing instead of investing it in appreciating assets such as stocks, real estate, and bonds?

Everyone else should stay away from BTC?

For those of us with higher net worth, its not practical to keep our cash scattered across numerous banks. And in any case, we don't like keeping our wealth stored in a currency which steals from us through devaluation. Also, not all such people have access to banks in the US.

But yes, if you have a small amount of cash, live in the US, then yes you will be fine (other than the continuous devaluation) with a US bank. But even in that case, that of course does not mean cash it a better investment than Bitcoin.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9457 on: March 17, 2023, 04:24:56 PM »
So BTC is only for multi-millionaires, who don't have access to US FDIC-insured banks, who keep way too much cash lying around doing nothing instead of investing it in appreciating assets such as stocks, real estate, and bonds.  Everyone else should stay away from BTC.

Got it.

Loco, you are obviously not stupid. But you need to think ahead a little. Bitcoin does not discriminate. And it is limited in supply. So what happens when all that big money tries to squeeze into one small, and perfectly limited in supply, asset? ... If goes up.

Rich and poor benefit equally and are treated equally by Bitcoin. Bitcoin gives the poorest person in Africa the exact same % gain as the institutions and HNW's in America.

You would have to be a naive fool, if after all that has been written in this thread, not to be storing some of your wealth in Bitcoin, for many reasons which have been explained and which should be obvious.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9458 on: March 17, 2023, 04:33:20 PM »
By "we" you mean only multi-millionaires, who don't have access to US FDIC-insured banks, who keep way too much cash lying around doing nothing instead of investing it in appreciating assets such as stocks, real estate, and bonds?

Everyone else should stay away from BTC?

Stocks, real estate, and bonds are all assets worth having some exposure to. But they also all have risks which Bitcoin can help negate.

Stocks are 100% dependent on the management of the company. Bitcojn is managed by an algorithm. Bonds are a promise to pay cash by a certain date - the value of that future cash can plummet over time, and the issuer can become insolvent. Real estate can be confiscated, taxed, requires maintenance, and is not portable. Bitcoin solves that ...

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #9459 on: March 17, 2023, 05:06:11 PM »
Loco, you are obviously not stupid. But you need to think ahead a little. Bitcoin does not discriminate. And it is limited in supply. So what happens when all that big money tries to squeeze into one small, and perfectly limited in supply, asset? ... If goes up.

Rich and poor benefit equally and are treated equally by Bitcoin. Bitcoin gives the poorest person in Africa the exact same % gain as the institutions and HNW's in America.

You would have to be a naive fool, if after all that has been written in this thread, not to be storing some of your wealth in Bitcoin, for many reasons which have been explained and which should be obvious.

What does any of this have to do with your incorrect claims about FDIC-insured funds?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #9460 on: March 17, 2023, 05:21:49 PM »
Stocks, real estate, and bonds are all assets worth having some exposure to. But they also all have risks which Bitcoin can help negate.

LOL...Stocks, real estate, and bonds are all assets worth having just "some" exposure to?  What, you've got the majority of your net worth in BTC?   :D

Stocks are 100% dependent on the management of the company. Bitcojn is managed by an algorithm. Bonds are a promise to pay cash by a certain date - the value of that future cash can plummet over time, and the issuer can become insolvent. Real estate can be confiscated, taxed, requires maintenance, and is not portable. Bitcoin solves that ...

And crypto exchanges collapse, crypto withdrawals/transfers get suspended, wallets get hacked, cold storage devices and keys get forgotten or lost to fire, theft, etc.

Claiming BTC "investments" are safer than stocks, real estate, bonds and FDIC-insured cash deposits is laughable.

I have nothing against you or against BTC.  I own BTC and ETH.  It's your extraordinary and incorrect claims that I have a problem with.

dunkin donuts

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9461 on: March 17, 2023, 05:36:56 PM »
Gold is going to rip to 5000

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9462 on: March 17, 2023, 05:38:37 PM »

TA is telling me BTC will give it all back pretty soon though. 22k, 20k and 18k are possibilities. Maybe if we have some bad news this weekend or around the FED meeting

It's all about July now as market is betting on rate cuts vs Fed saying Feb 2024. The market has been wrong about everything and just as we get to the worst part they are wrong again on cuts. I think after July once the cuts don't start happening the market will shit itself and we find new lows.

For now at least my target for BTC is 40s and this pump above 20k looks pretty favourable.

I am only holding AVAX, HDRN, SOLO. My Hedron is at 2x already. AVAX has been a piece of shit and i'm still flat, SOLO is a recent pickup.

I have a strategy so i'm not prepared to go chasing this pump when my positions are already in profit. I agree with you and i think in Q3-Q4 this likely goes to Hades and that's when we will see 10k.

Another upside breakout. Last one was a trap. IMO, if the trap was there once. It’ll be there again.

Check your bias IMO.

Sides are either too bullish or too bearish. The market and the Fed are aligned Mar-May for now so consider why would this be a trap so far in advance.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9463 on: March 17, 2023, 05:42:07 PM »

First breakout on the weekly. If it holds this then upward trend to 40s is the highest probability.

Once we break above 30s this thing will go full YOLO and I bet once we get to 40k we will have euphoric hills calls for a new ATH and it’ll be dead lol.

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9464 on: March 17, 2023, 06:09:58 PM »
Seems like you're pretty upset the degens no longer pump your bags. I recommend you start add these to your shopping cart for a better nights sleep.

The halving cuts miner rewards (BTC) in half approximately every 4 years, so for miners to remain profitable and to maintain current network security the price of BTC needs to double as the rewards half. Without this bitcoin could eventually come under a 51% attack

Miners also earn transaction fees. More people using bitcoin (and it's higher price) means more fees are collected. Eventually this will exceed miner rewards and bitcoin will reach a steady state without the need for the price to double. This is looking like being at some point around 2032.

So from now until 2032 bitcoin needs to double in price every 4 years. Then it needs to move to a steady state collecting transaction fees.

The price isn't guaranteed to double every 4 years and the fee model for bitcoin as it stands isn't fit for purpose. All this would leave bitcoin vulnerable to attack.

This of course is just my basic interpretation of where things stand. An even more basic interpretation is that bitcoin needs a consistent supply of new money coming otherwise it dies.

They believe proof of stake now means people expect profit on ETH via staking, so are trying to paint it as a security. There are plenty of valid arguments why that's not the case. It was even discussed a few pages back on here.

Worst case scenario ETH is classed a security and the founders and foundation pay a big fine. Won't kill ETH, it will just be something different.

ETH can always roll back to proof of work if things get really bad.

Took the bait, didn't you.

Proof of typical shit corner mentality. One hand attacks POW and his magical 51% attack on btc hence reason Eth moved away to POS (centralised databased). Then says if Eth is classified as a security just roll back into POW.

You really can't make this shit up about shit coiners. What's next? Change consensus model to only allow certain transactions governed by certain validators...? Increase Eth supply?

If you can't  extract value might as well compromise  the whole system by changing the rules to benefit a few. Sound just like the fed.

I'll leave those pads for you, perhaps should of focused on btc alot earlier instead of your magical tax free accounts in the UK. That way you wouldn't sound so idiotic. "No POW work bad future is POS. Hang on if I can't get free shitcoins for staking let's just roll back into POW, I desperately  need my bags pumped"

Uneducated looking through a greed lenses thinking btc is an event and not a multi decade process. Old tech, lol.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #9465 on: March 17, 2023, 07:31:47 PM »
Janet Yellen's most recent remarks from 3/16/23 are nothing short of TERRIFYING. Watch this video (below) from the 1:19 mark onward...

Pretty sure the government has made up its mind and wants to divert all available FIAT cash to Systematically Important Banks (SIBs) in order to set the stage for the unveiling of their population-controlling CBDC. Regional banks will get slaughtered and depositors are starting to fear that their funds will evaporate as defaults begin. Moreover, as you've all seen, part of the deal in bailing out the tech-friendly banks is a clause that states that they will no longer honor the business of crypto dealings.

Americans, at the very least, will have a hard time off-ramping their crypto profits onto FIAT currency, as there might be no banks left to provide such a critical function. I think sticking to any cryptos that have proven utility and involvement in the future movements of the government makes most sense. I hold a few Bitcoin, but will seriously start to consider selling off (or converting to other crypto) as the writing is on the wall, unless HYPERINFLATION becomes a reality which I think could be possible given the stunt(s) that the FED and government pulled this past weekend.

"1"
Nobody forces morons to withdraw from banks and cause a bank run because of their emotional responses. If people would all just act together this all can be avoided. Bank runs are driven by customers.

That being said, banks should not be reckless either and be able to survive bank runs. Any bank that can survive will have a great reputation.

A surge of withdrawals proved Binance's reserves.

https://investorplace.com/2022/12/binance-withdrawal-surge-tests-proof-of-reserves/

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #9466 on: March 17, 2023, 07:35:15 PM »

Proof of typical shit corner mentality. One hand attacks POW and his magical 51% attack on btc hence reason Eth moved away to POS (centralised databased). Then says if Eth is classified as a security just roll back into POW.

You really can't make this shit up about shit coiners. What's next? Change consensus model to only allow certain transactions government by certain validators...? Increase Eth supply?

If you can't  extract value might as well compromise  the whole system by changing the rules to benefit a few. Sound just like the fed.

I'll leave those pads for you, perhaps should of focused on btc alot earlier instead of your magical tax free accounts in the UK. That way you wouldn't sound so idiotic. "No POW work bad future is POS. Hang on if I can't get free shitcoins for staking let's just roll back into POW, I desperately  need my bags pumped"

Uneducated looking through a greed lenses thinking btc is an event and not a multi decade process. Old tech, lol.

I think you're confused. I presented a potential flaw in Bitcoins implementation of proof of work and your maxi delusions leapt to the conclusion that I was somehow attacking all proof of work and somehow talking up proof of stake. POW doesn't equal bitcoin, but of course you're too maxi padded up to be able to catch yourself on that.

Also never said proof of stake is better. Both have advantages and disadvantages and ETH entered uncharted waters with POS and that's why I don't hold it, nor plan to hold until there is more clarity. You see unlike you I'm able to think objectively and not marry my bags.

There are no tax free crypto accounts in the UK at the time I held/sold it. There is tax free gambling in the UK and there are crypto betting sites. No issues sharing this now as KYC and affordability checks has closed the loophole, but you take both sides of a bet on different sites where odds are favourable and withdraw the "winning" bet which is now tax free with the accompanying betting slip. Very easy to do especially if you had worked in the the gambling industry for over a decade and know all the limits and regulators like I did. 2024/25 I'll just rely on my duel citizenship to escape some of the tax burden if needed. It helps to plan these things out ahead of time. You should try it, then you might not end up over holding your bags.

Lol @ you holding bitcoin and it not being about greed. What are you gonna do in 10 years if bitcoin is worth $1m? Give it all away to good causes? Stop deluding yourself.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #9467 on: March 17, 2023, 07:41:03 PM »
There are too many use cases for blockchains and one size does not fit all. Bitcoin is not designed to handle it all. Nor should it. Bitcoin is having a run now, but it will be Ethereum's turn in a bit. For the past 24 hours BTC is up around 7% and ETH 6.5%. However, 7 days and 30 days out is more favorable to BTC. ETH and BTC have lost about the same in 1 year, with BTC edging it out by 2%. In the past 3 years ETH is up 1,490% vs 424% for BTC. ETH outperformed BTC by an order of 3.5X the past 3 years. 

There is uncertainty about the upcoming Shanghai upgrade which will unlock staked ETH. People are sitting on the sidelines to see how that plays out and they are hedging that the price will initially fall as people sell their staked ETH. I plan to get my ETH off exchanges and into self-custody wallets to start solo-staking ETH.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #9468 on: March 17, 2023, 08:17:45 PM »
They believe proof of stake now means people expect profit on ETH via staking, so are trying to paint it as a security. There are plenty of valid arguments why that's not the case. It was even discussed a few pages back on here.

Worst case scenario ETH is classed a security and the founders and foundation pay a big fine. Won't kill ETH, it will just be something different.

ETH can always roll back to proof of work if things get really bad.
Solo stakers have to configure and maintain their own validators. They have to provide hardware, electricity, and an internet connection. Not effortless endeavors.

Ethereum developers should focus on making solo staking accessible to more people and easier to configure with turnkey solutions. That will blow a hole in the security argument because the "effort of others" specification does not come into play.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #9469 on: March 17, 2023, 08:20:13 PM »

You really can't make this shit up about shit coiners. What's next? Change consensus model to only allow certain transactions governed by certain validators...? Increase Eth supply?

What impact will Biden's recent 30% mining tax initiative have on POW in your opinion? What if they raise it to 50%?

POW is not immune to government actions. They can do a lot to kill or disrupt the POW industry.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #9470 on: March 17, 2023, 08:22:32 PM »
I think you're confused. I presented a potential flaw in Bitcoins implementation of proof of work and your maxi delusions leapt to the conclusion that I was somehow attacking all proof of work and somehow talking up proof of stake. POW doesn't equal bitcoin, but of course you're too maxi padded up to be able to catch yourself on that.

Also never said proof of stake is better. Both have advantages and disadvantages and ETH entered uncharted waters with POS and that's why I don't hold it, nor plan to hold until there is more clarity. You see unlike you I'm able to think objectively and not marry my bags.

There are no tax free crypto accounts in the UK at the time I held/sold it. There is tax free gambling in the UK and there are crypto betting sites. No issues sharing this now as KYC and affordability checks has closed the loophole, but you take both sides of a bet on different sites where odds are favourable and withdraw the "winning" bet which is now tax free with the accompanying betting slip. Very easy to do especially if you had worked in the the gambling industry for over a decade and know all the limits and regulators like I did. 2024/25 I'll just rely on my duel citizenship to escape some of the tax burden if needed. It helps to plan these things out ahead of time. You should try it, then you might not end up over holding your bags.

Lol @ you holding bitcoin and it not being about greed. What are you gonna do in 10 years if bitcoin is worth $1m? Give it all away to good causes? Stop deluding yourself.
How does dual citizenship protect you against taxes? I know people that have dual citizenship and they have to pay taxes in both countries!

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #9471 on: March 17, 2023, 08:38:21 PM »
How does dual citizenship protect you against taxes? I know people that have dual citizenship and they have to pay taxes in both countries!

That's only Americans. They don't want people leaving or losing their tax dollars.

Most non American dual citizens only pay tax in the country of their permanent/main residence. I will just move to country which doesn't tax crypto when I look to sell. Although I expect by 2025 they'll all be taxing crypto to some extent.

I believe the American equivalent to avoid the heavy crypto tax burden is to move to  Puerto Rico.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9472 on: March 18, 2023, 06:34:27 AM »
That's only Americans. They don't want people leaving or losing their tax dollars.

Most non American dual citizens only pay tax in the country of their permanent/main residence. I will just move to country which doesn't tax crypto when I look to sell. Although I expect by 2025 they'll all be taxing crypto to some extent.

I believe the American equivalent to avoid the heavy crypto tax burden is to move to  Puerto Rico.

Correct. Most of the world do not pay taxes except for where they are resident. And some of us are resident in tax friendly jurisdictions where we pay no tax at all.

I for one, will never pay any capital gains tax, or be taxed on dividends. And NFW is anyone going to ever tax my Bitcoin.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9473 on: March 18, 2023, 06:41:43 AM »
Why would the treasury print more money for that?  The money would come from the fees that banks pay into the Deposit Insurance Fund.  They'd just be moving money that already exists.

Allow me to both teach you a lesson, and give you a good old fashioned Get Big self owning...

Emergency lending by the Federal Reserve jumped to about $300 billion in the past week after two bank failures triggered turmoil in financial markets and the central bank said it would make additional funding available to financial institutions.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #9474 on: March 18, 2023, 07:33:12 AM »
Allow me to both teach you a lesson, and give you a good old fashioned Get Big self owning...

Emergency lending by the Federal Reserve jumped to about $300 billion in the past week after two bank failures triggered turmoil in financial markets and the central bank said it would make additional funding available to financial institutions.

LOL…look who is talking about self owning. 

You are so desperate to find anything to support your absurd claims that you are not taking the time to read and understand what you are posting. 

This emergency lending is for banks low on funds, to help prevent their failure.  These banks have not failed, so this has nothing to do with FDIC-insured bank deposits. 

Your original, absurd claim was that the treasury would have to print money to reimburse FDIC-insured deposits, which is still false. 😀