Author Topic: McGregor & Diaz got a little carried away @ staredown  (Read 81971 times)

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
Re: McGregor & Diaz got a little carried away @ staredown
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2016, 05:07:01 PM »
Damn right 'cause the Kombatants didn't come to take part - they came to take over.

Toasty!

timing beats speed

accuracy beats power

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2016, 05:10:02 PM »
What real looks like...

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2016, 06:56:03 PM »
I really hope a large array of halogen lights falls from the ceiling of the arena, and crushes both of them.

Fuzzy Nuts

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2016, 07:09:58 PM »
Diaz is tier 3, maybe. Will be destroyed, probably career ending.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2016, 07:36:29 PM »
Diaz is a thug.  Hope he gets his head knocked off.

Meaningless

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2016, 09:37:00 PM »
im a big McGregor fan and a MMA fan but this stuff is just WWE gimmicks, its entertaining but you can't take it seriously.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2016, 10:21:59 PM »
im a big McGregor fan and a MMA fan but this stuff is just WWE gimmicks, its entertaining but you can't take it seriously.

Sometimes it's serious.

NIKE terminated their contract with Jon Jones after a fight broke out at his staredown with Daniel Cormier.

MorganSA

• Getbig III
  • Benching 19 years, still lead with shoulders
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2016, 01:33:49 AM »
Soooo.......I have limited, very amateur experience in MMA, so I am probably wrong....but what the actual fuck was that guy in a shit horse stance with some weird extended long fist thing doing? Is it an insult in the MMA world to just hold your fist in someones face? Why was Connor not laughing at his 1840 boxing style?

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2016, 02:32:49 AM »
I think that Diaz is not mentally overwhelmed. So at least Diaz will be focused (but not in 100% cardio shape)

Yeah, he actually seemed a bit winded after the opening workout.
He's not like GSP who would keep in shape year round. Diaz likes to get high and party. That's too bad because he has a lot of advantages over Connor. He's tough as hell and has been around forever and is not going to let Connor get in his head. The guys brain is so fried that he probably doesn't even get half of what Connor is saying.

But no matter how tough or bad you are, when you gas you're done. That's what happened to Chad.

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2016, 02:38:09 AM »
He's not like GSP who would keep in shape year round. Diaz likes to get high and party. That's too bad because he has a lot of advantages over Connor. He's tough as hell and has been around forever and is not going to let Connor get in his head. The guys brain is so fried that he probably doesn't even get half of what Connor is saying.

But no matter how tough or bad you are, when you gas you're done. That's what happened to Chad.
Yup - Diaz is lazy and a stoner. He is a very good fighter and tough as shit but his inconsistency is the reason he is where he is.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2016, 02:43:36 AM »
Soooo.......I have limited, very amateur experience in MMA, so I am probably wrong....but what the actual fuck was that guy in a shit horse stance with some weird extended long fist thing doing? Is it an insult in the MMA world to just hold your fist in someones face? Why was Connor not laughing at his 1840 boxing style?

You will start seeing more and more people doing this at weigh ins. It's to keep your opponent from getting in your face. I would extend my arm like that during a stare down. In real life growing up whenever someone got in my face like that it always leads to a push.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2016, 02:45:14 AM »

this sums it up well

they picked diaz cause he is out of shape

in shape he is tough as fuck and his output his incredible

it also acts as a gateway to either nick or robbie lawler if magregor wins

cowboy was the real fight he was in shape and ready to go
T

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2016, 02:54:23 AM »
this sums it up well

I think Cowboy is a better all round fighter - I think McGregor would find him easier than Diaz though.

Diaz is going to be an awkward fight for him.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2016, 03:34:46 AM »
I think Cowboy is a better all round fighter - I think McGregor would find him easier than Diaz though.

Diaz is going to be an awkward fight for him.

depends how out of shape he is

diaz is great when in shape

appalling when out
T

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2016, 03:35:11 AM »
this sums it up well

No doubt the UFC wants to ride this McGregor gravy train as long as possible. Especially with their cash COW RR gone.

In a way, I do too. It will bring more money to the fighters and is good for the sport. I usually don't like loud mouths but I see no evidence that Conor is a shitty person irl in the way RR is.

I'm just getting pissed at those f-ing Brasilians dropping out at the last minute. I really wanted to see Rafael fight. He's no joke.  

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2016, 03:39:11 AM »
No doubt the UFC wants to ride this McGregor gray train as long as possible. Especially with their cash COW RR gone.

In a way, I do too. It will bring more money to the fighters and is good for the sport. I usually don't like loud mouths but I see no evidence that Conor is a shitty person irl in the way RR is.

I'm just getting pissed at those f-ing Brasilians dropping out at the last minute. I really wanted to see Rafael fight. He's no joke.  

rda is the worse fight on the roster for magregor

he has no holes in his game

i think he would have put magregor to sleep
T

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2016, 03:46:42 AM »
rda is the worse fight on the roster for magregor

he has no holes in his game

i think he would have put magregor to sleep

That's what's making me think there's some stink in the air. Why did the UFC call Diaz months ago as Diaz claimed?

How much do you think RDA got paid to "break" his foot.

I can see how someone would never throw a fight but to make some easy ca-ching to not fight.... You get to buy a new Vette and no one gets hurt.

God wants you to be good but he doesn't expect angels.

MorganSA

• Getbig III
  • Benching 19 years, still lead with shoulders
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2016, 03:59:02 AM »
You will start seeing more and more people doing this at weigh ins. It's to keep your opponent from getting in your face. I would extend my arm like that during a stare down. In real life growing up whenever someone got in my face like that it always leads to a push.

Thanks Pellius, that sort of makes sense. That horse stance is still kak though....

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2016, 04:24:12 AM »
Thanks Pellius, that sort of makes sense. That horse stance is still kak though....

Yes, I would do away with the horse stance and I wouldn't make it so obvious. Just sort of how fighters extend their arm with an open hand gauging distance. And if someone hit my hand away like Conor did I wouldn't exacerbate the situation. I'd just take the high road and lay back. By then people will start jumping in to prevent a scuffle.

Save the fighting for the octagon. Nothing is solved by rolling around on stage other than risking injury or in Jon Jones' case, losing his Nike contract.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2016, 04:37:18 AM »
Diaz has a serious reach advantage on McGregor. McGregor reminds me of the Iceman in that he is a one trick pony in that he is a striker only. I think McGregor is primed to get caught on the ground. I'm rooting for him though because with so many boring fighters he brings some excitement to the fights.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2016, 07:23:01 AM »
Those guys have nothing on Braco, the gaze of peace:

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2016, 07:26:11 AM »

This is incorrcet, NATE is not lazy at all, where did you hear this? he runs triathelons for fun, bikes massive distances and trains daily.

He won't gas, have you ever watched nate or nick fight? gassing and the diaz brothers are mutually exclusive, they have the best cardio hands down. There style is predicated on it, massive volume of punches until the other person breaks.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2016, 07:31:06 AM »
It's all an act, just like pro wrestling is.

Lots of morons on here eat this shit up.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2016, 10:14:22 AM »
Nate's battle stance is a thing of wonderment.

You see that staring ya in the face, you just nod graciously and move on your way.  :o

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2016, 10:19:52 AM »
More ghey and more fake than pro Rasslin'...