Author Topic: CNN - countdown to failure, bankruptcy, collapse, and demise of channel.  (Read 3171 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: CNN - countdown to failure, bankruptcy, collapse, and demise of channel.
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2022, 09:28:14 AM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2022, 04:32:41 PM »
Nolte: CNN Viewership Collapses to Seven-Year Low
JOHN NOLTE
16 Feb 2022
https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2022/02/16/nolte-cnn-viewership-collapses-to-seven-year-low/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2022, 10:51:07 AM »
 ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
CNN's Allison Gollust aided Chris Cuomo during Andrew Cuomo's sexual harassment scandal: report
Gollust previously served as a top aide for the governor before joining CNN
By Joseph A. Wulfsohn | Fox News
Published February 25, 2022
https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-allison-gollust-chris-cuomo-andrew-cuomo-sexual-harassment-scandal

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
New CNN Boss Deals Blow to Don Lemon & Jim Acosta, Will ‘Tone Down’ Their ‘Opinionated Reporting’
https://slaynews.com ^ | March 8, 2022 | David Hawkins
Posted on 3/8/2022, 12:53:55 PM by Red Badger

New CNN boss Chris Licht has issued warnings to key figures at the network, including agents of the stars and reporters, according to multiple media reports.

Licht has reportedly told top CNN hosts, including Don Lemon and Jim Acosta, that they must “tone down” their “opinionated reporting.”

Sources tell The Daily Beast that Licht, who officially takes over in May, is also calling for a truce with Fox News.

Such a truce has already been evidenced by Brian Stelter, host of CNN’s Reliable Sources and one whose job is rumored to be on the chopping block, who has mentioned Fox News once last Sunday.

The sudden silence is remarkable for Jeff Zucker’s pit bull who literally wrote a book bashing Fox News.

According to The Daily Beast, Licht will also move CNN away “from a Trump-era resistance tone and back to a style often described as hard news.”

And in bad news for Acosta and Lemon, Licht will also “work to tone down the often opinionated and emotional reporting from stars like Jim Acosta, Brianna Keilar, and especially Don Lemon, who currently hosts the network’s ratings-deficient 10 p.m. to midnight programming.”

But it gets worse for the two network stars.

The biggest shareholder of CNN’s new owner, John Malone, is a billionaire Trump donor who hates the far-left direction CNN has headed in.

Malone says he wants to “dismantle” CNN and try to turn it into a legitimate news outlet.

Jon Nicosia, President of News Cycle Media, said recently: “Source: John Malone, Discovery’s board member will ‘play a huge role in the new organization’s plans to return CNN to its news channel roots and dismantle the partisan organization Zucker shifted it into.’ They continue: ‘This will mean a large realignment of staff'”

Malone is a media legend and the majority owner of Discovery, the company that will soon run CNN.

Malone donated $250,000 to Trump’s inauguration in 2017.

Malone said recently: “I would like to see CNN evolve back to the kind of journalism that it started with, and actually have journalists, which would be unique and refreshing.

“I do believe good journalism could have a role in this future portfolio that Discovery-TimeWarner’s going to represent.”

Deadline reported, “Discovery’s largest shareholder, John Malone, a critic of CNN, made it known that corporate procedures had to be followed to the letter in regards to Zucker, we hear.

“Being that WarnerMedia’s standards of business conduct require disclosure of relationships that develop with a boss and subordinate, Zucker’s goose was officially cooked.”

Even the Democrats are panicking over what Malone will do.

From Vanity Fair:

Toward the end of the meeting, in which prominent CNN journalists went hard at Kilar over Zucker’s resignation, special correspondent Jamie Gangel spoke up. “

The first calls I got this morning were from four members of the January 6 committee, who felt devastated for our democracy, because Jeff was not going to be around to make sure that CNN is able to do its job,” she said (later clarifying to colleagues that she meant to say four congresspeople, including one member of the committee).

John Malone one of Discovery Channel’s major share holders purchasing CNN admitting CNN does not have real news or real journalists! pic.twitter.com/pNye4zZvLl

— Randy Quaid (@RandyRRQuaid) December 7, 2021

This merger is why Lemon and Acosta are in trouble.

From CNBC:

Under the agreement, AT&T will unwind its $85 billion acquisition of TimeWarner, which closed just about three years ago and form a new and separate media company with Discovery.

It will bring together AT&T-owned CNN, HBO and the Warner Bros. studio and Discovery’s channels, including Animal Planet, TLC and its namesake Discovery Channel.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
CNN's new boss Chris Licht is 'working towards cease-fire on network's aggressive coverage of Fox News' and wants to push hosts away from Trump-era 'opinionated and emotional' reporting and back to hard news
Daily Mail ^ | 3/8/22 | ALEX HAMMER
Posted on 3/8/2022, 4:27:19 PM by BlackFemaleArmyColonel

Incoming CNN boss Chris Licht plans to nix the network's left-leaning commentary when he assumes the role of president this May, insiders say, and has already engaged in talks with rival Fox News about halting its aggressive coverage of them.

Former CBS exec Licht, 50, who headed Stephen Colbert's Late Show for six years until it was announced he was replacing ousted boss Jeff Zucker last month, has already begun closed door conversations with key figures close to the conservative news network, two sources close to the matter told The Daily Beast Tuesday.

Licht reportedly told certain Fox reporters and agents to breathe a little easier because he is working towards a ceasefire after his network's unrelenting negative coverage of the competing news station.

The exec plans to push hosts like Don Lemon and Jim Acosta away from opinionated reporting that became especially prevalent during Donald Trump's election campaign and presidency. He wants to return to the station's roots as a hard-hitting news source, the insiders said.

Under Licht, the sources said, expect to see fewer partisan panels with outspoken anchors such as former Trump aide Alyssa Farah.

So far, the insiders' assertions have proved credible - on Sunday, there were notably no Fox mentions on CNN's flagship media program, Reliable Sources, with Brian Stelter, who last year penned a book; Hoax: Donald Trump, Fox News and the Dangerous Distortion of Truth.

Last week, after being announced as Zucker's successor following the honcho's ouster after an affair with a colleague, Licht sent a memo to his future staff, saying: 'I look forward to getting to know all of you and hearing your candid thoughts and feedback.

'Our viewers demand the truth from us, and I want to learn the truth from you.

(Excerpt) Read more at dailymail.co.uk ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Skip to comments.

Joe Biden Defiant: Boosting U.S. Oil Production ‘Will Not’ Lower Gas Prices; Electric Cars Will
breitbart ^ | 8 Mar 2022 | CHARLIE SPIERING
Posted on 3/8/2022, 5:34:42 PM by MarvinStinson

President Joe Biden adamantly condemned calls for loosening restrictions on domestic energy prices on Tuesday, arguing it would not help lower gas prices.

“Loosening environmental regulations or pulling back clean energy investment won’t — let me expand. Won’t. Will not lower energy prices for families,” he said during a speech at the White House announcing his decision to ban oil imports from Russia to punish Russian President Vladimir Putin for escalating his war in Ukraine.

Republicans excoriated the president’s efforts to restrict domestic oil production, as the average cost of gas reached record highs over the weekend.

The president argued for more electric cars and other policies promoted by the left’s Green New Deal as the solution.

U.S. President Joe Biden test drives an electric hummer at the General Motors Factory ZERO electric vehicle assembly plant in Detroit, Michigan on November 17, 2021. (MANDEL NGAN/AFP via Getty)

“But transforming our economy to run on electric vehicles powered by clean energy with tax credits to help American families winterize their homes and use less energy — that will,” he said. “That will help.”

Biden spoke of a global consensus together with key leaders in Europe on reducing their use of oil, and said he was working with them on “long term strategies” to do so.

“They have to wean themselves off of Russian oil. It’s just not tenable,” he said.

Biden shared his dream of a future where Americans did not have to worry about the price of gas, if they pursued his “green” energy future.

“If we do what we can, it will mean that no one will have to worry about price of gas pump in the future,” he said, complaining that “tyrants like Putin” were “weaponizing” their natural resources.

(Excerpt) Read more at breitbart.com .

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Chris Cuomo files $125 million arbitration against CNN in wake of Zucker resignation
Zucker fired TV anchor in late 2021 after questionable communications with brother, then-New York Gov. Cuomo, then sexual misconduct allegation.
By Sophie Mann
Updated: March 16, 2022
https://justthenews.com/accountability/media/chris-cuomo-files-125-million-arbitration-against-cnn-wake-zucker-resignation

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
CNN+ is shutting down, effective April 30, sources say
CNBC ^ | 4/21/22 | Alex Sherman
Posted on 4/21/2022, 11:57:39

Warner Bros. Discovery is shutting down CNN+, according to two people familiar with the matter.

An official announcement is coming at noon ET, one of the people said. Operations will halt April 30. CNN+ leader Andrew Morse is leaving Warner Bros. Discovery, the people said

(Excerpt) Read more at cnbc.com ...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

Warner Bros. Discovery is shutting down CNN+, according to two people familiar with the matter.

An official announcement is coming at noon ET, one of the people said. Operations will halt April 30. CNN+ leader Andrew Morse is leaving Warner Bros. Discovery, the people said

I knew CNN+ would fail but I'm kind of surprised they pulled the plug this quickly

Who the fuck is going to pay $'s to listen to Chris Wallace interview people

WTF?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I knew CNN+ would fail but I'm kind of surprised they pulled the plug this quickly

Who the fuck is going to pay $'s to listen to Chris Wallace interview people

WTF?

No one!   Wallace was a joke at Fox News too.   Who are they going to put up over there?  That fat pos Stelter? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
CNN+, the streaming service that was hyped as one of the most significant developments in the history of CNN, will shut down on April 30, just one month after it launched.
cnn ^ | 04/21/2022 | cnn
Posted on 4/21/2022, 1:11:53

CNN+ customers "will receive prorated refunds of subscription fees," the company said. The decision was made by new management after CNN's former parent company, WarnerMedia, merged with Discovery to form Warner Bros. Discovery earlier this month.

(Excerpt) Read more at cnn.com ...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

Pretty epic failure.  Get woke, go broke. Looks like Netflix is next? 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Pretty epic failure.  Get woke, go broke. Looks like Netflix is next?

There is no comparison

The problems at Netflix have nothing to do with going "woke" (whatever the fuck that even means)

Netflix is losing subscribers because there is so much more competition for streaming services and many of the companies that used to license their content to NF and now just putting it on their own streaming service.  Many of the streaming services are also creating their own original content as well.

BTW - I wish every time a politician referenced "woke" in a press conference or comment I wish some reporter to ask them what "woke" means to them.

I'm sure if that ever happens they politician would hem and haw and dance around to avoid answering the question

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
There is no comparison

The problems at Netflix have nothing to do with going "woke" (whatever the fuck that even means)

Netflix is losing subscribers because there is so much more competition for streaming services and many of the companies that used to license their content to NF and now just putting it on their own streaming service.  Many of the streaming services are also creating their own original content as well.

BTW - I wish every time a politician referenced "woke" in a press conference or comment I wish some reporter to ask them what "woke" means to them.

I'm sure if that ever happens they politician would hem and haw and dance around to avoid answering the question

It started with this movie you sick bastard and since then Netflix has never been the same…

https://nypost.com/2020/10/06/netflix-indicted-by-texas-grand-jury-over-cuties-film/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
It started with this movie you sick bastard and since then Netflix has never been the same…

https://nypost.com/2020/10/06/netflix-indicted-by-texas-grand-jury-over-cuties-film/

yeah, that makes perfect sense if you're a fucking moron

this indictment was 18 months ago so why did they just start losing subscribers this year

I'm sure it's got nothing to do with the explosion in other streaming services or the very big fact that they recently announced they were cracking down on password sharing or that they recently raised their prices

No, it's got to be that movie that no one has ever heard of

That's got to be the reason

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer

Is He's Expecting any good?  I'll have to check it out.  Especially without any Lakers or Pistons basketball to watch until November.   ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Is He's Expecting any good?  I'll have to check it out.  Especially without any Lakers or Pistons basketball to watch until November.   ;D

Did not and will not be watching anything about a man getting pregnant, which is a biological and scientific impossibility. 

But I do have a lot of free time on my hands.  I'm glad my Lakers got put out of their misery.  What a horrible season.  And poor Frank Vogel.  He had to go because it's clear the players were not responding to him, but I don't think he did anything wrong.  He's a good coach. 

So now we go into the offseason with no head coach, no first round draft pick, and a capped out roster that couldn't even make the playoffs. 

To stay on topic though, CNN+ lasted about as long as Russell Westbrook's honeymoon in LA.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
 ;D

13 Things That Lasted Longer Than CNN+
Spencer BrownSpencer Brown| @itsspencerbrown|Posted: Apr 22, 2022
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spencerbrown/2022/04/22/13-things-that-lasted-longer-than-cnn-n2606175