Author Topic: N.Y.C. is F U C ^ # D after Bloomberg.  (Read 70565 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: N.Y.C. is F U C ^ # D after Bloomberg.
« Reply #425 on: January 03, 2022, 06:15:39 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #426 on: January 03, 2022, 07:15:39 AM »

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #427 on: January 03, 2022, 09:28:38 AM »
Adams is exactly the same as deblasio imo

nothing has changed.. still a shit show for the foreseeable future

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #428 on: January 03, 2022, 09:31:18 AM »
Adams is exactly the same as deblasio imo

nothing has changed.. still a shit show for the foreseeable future

He is going to be just as awful and horrible as every leftist AOC type worthless scumbag

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #430 on: January 03, 2022, 10:14:15 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #432 on: January 04, 2022, 09:43:57 AM »

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #433 on: January 04, 2022, 07:38:32 PM »
This will not go well.

https://www.rt.com/news/545175-manhattan-da-cancels-prison-sentences/

Manhattan’s newly elected chief prosecutor has ordered staff to quit seeking prison sentences for all but a few of the most heinous crimes

Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg has used his first memo since taking office to direct prosecutors to quit sending criminals to prison in many cases and downgrade charges for such crimes as armed robbery and drug dealing.

Prosecutors in New York City’s most densely populated borough must no longer seek a “carceral sentence” except in a handful of cases, such as homicide, rape and major economic crimes, Bragg said on Monday in the memo. He added that assistant district attorneys also must weigh the impact of their sentencing recommendations on public safety, barriers to housing and racial disparities in incarceration.

Bragg joins a long list of district attorneys in major US cities who were elected with the backing of Hungarian-born billionaire George Soros, who reportedly gave up to $1 million to his successful campaign. And like other Soros-backed prosecutors, he’s trying to reform the criminal justice system by sending fewer people to jail and decriminalizing some lesser offenses.

But violent crime has surged under those policies in such cities as Chicago, which just suffered its deadliest year in a quarter century, and Philadelphia, where homicides hit an all-time in 2021. New York also has been plagued by rising violent crime, including murders and hate crimes targeting Asians.

Bragg demanded leniency for the most egregious violent crimes, banning prosecutors from seeking prison sentences exceeding 20 years. “The office shall not seek a sentence of life without parole,” the DA said, barring a punishment that’s typically reserved for such heinous offenders as terrorists, serial killers and people who rape and murder children.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Sissysquats

• Getbig III
« Reply #435 on: January 05, 2022, 04:59:53 AM »
New York voted for it, New York can live with it

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #436 on: January 05, 2022, 10:12:22 AM »
Same old shit. 30% commercial occupancy rate. Soon to become un-insurable.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #437 on: January 05, 2022, 09:15:20 PM »

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #438 on: January 05, 2022, 09:16:14 PM »
They sat him down and told him how it was going to be.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #439 on: January 07, 2022, 04:48:49 AM »
‘Another Gut Punch’: New York City Restaurants Want More Aid After Omicron (but certainly not the vaxx mandate) Sets Back Recovery
Gothamist ^ | January 6, 2022 | Danny Lewis
Posted on 1/6/2022, 11:57:53 PM

New York City restaurant owners who were optimistic the holidays would mean a return to their money-making season had their hopes dashed at the last minute as the omicron variant spread quickly, impacting businesses and staff. The disruption compounded the industry's struggle of balancing thin margins with shifting efforts to reduce the spread of COVID-19.

A new report released this week by the New York State Comptroller’s office details the effect that struggle has had on New York City’s service economy. According to its findings, which looks at November 2019 to November 2021, restaurants in the five boroughs still employ 30% percent fewer people than they did right before the pandemic. Together with the retail and recreation sectors, Comptroller Tom DiNapoli said the job losses across the three sectors make up about 9% percent of total jobs lost across the U.S. since the beginning of the pandemic.

“New York City was hit first, hit hardest, and we are slower to recover than other parts of the country,” DiNapoli said. “And because we had such outsized losses, it is a significant part of the national drop in employment.”

While there have been some small gains since the beginning of the pandemic, the comptroller’s report found that overall, New York City’s restaurants, retail, and recreation industries have lost about 169,700 jobs — about 41% of total private sector jobs lost in the five boroughs since November 2019. Of the three, restaurants saw the largest loss, now employing 30% fewer people than before the pandemic, and while many restaurants are actively hiring, the report suggests the sluggish recovery could also be in part due to people leaving the industry for good due to burnout and the higher risk of contracting COVID-19.

Julian Brizzi co-owns several bars and restaurants in Brooklyn, including Grand Army, Nicky’s Unisex, and Rucola. He had been hoping for a return to a more normal winter, especially with vaccines and booster shots widely available.

“Prior to the week before Christmas, it was night and day better. We had events booked. We had people coming out. My tiny bar in Williamsburg had its best Saturday night ever, followed by its absolute worst Saturday night ever when we went down 90% from our high water mark,” Brizzi said.

At what was supposed to be the busiest time of the year, Brizzi was forced to temporarily close all of his restaurants due to the rapid spread of the omicron variant. At one point, he said 10 of the 13 people on staff at Grand Army tested positive for the virus during a 48-hour period. Over in Queens, Dudley Stewart had a similar experience with his Jackson Heights restaurant, The Queensboro, which saw a packed holiday season dwindle away in just a few days.

“We had a lot of private parties lined up, we had several catering gigs lined up, and all of those got canceled. The minute the infection rate started going up, that's when all of that got canceled and our dine-in business also dropped tremendously,” said Stewart.

The restaurant industry has faced this particular precarity throughout the pandemic: an industry that operates on razor-thin margins in the best of times, New York City restaurants struggled amid efforts to reduce COVID-19 transmission during the first year of the pandemic, including indoor dining shutdowns and capacity restrictions. The executive director of the New York City Hospitality Alliance, Andrew Rigie, has been calling for more financial aid for months, and called this latest surge “another gut punch” to the industry.

“Historically the holiday season is when so many restaurants and bars actually make their profit for the year. This past holiday season they were hoping not to make money, but at least earn some money to pay off some debt. And now they're just collecting even more debt,” Rigie said.

Rigie has suggested several measures, including Congress replenishing the Restaurant Revitalization Fund and the city rolling back its recent ban on the use of propane heaters for outdoor dining. Another one of his suggestions, allowing bars and restaurants to sell alcoholic drinks to-go, was given a boost on Wednesday by Governor Kathy Hochul, who proposed making that permanent during her State of the State address.

Even with New Year’s Day fading already into the mists, many restaurants are still waiting to see what the fallout from the omicron surge will be, especially for Chinese restaurants that rely on annual Lunar New Year celebrations for their annual profits. Dian Song Yu, the executive director of the Flushing Business Improvement District in Queens, said the last few weeks have hit restaurants in the neighborhood’s iconic food courts hard, and large banquet halls are bracing for the financial impact if the current surge does not peak in time for the holiday on February 1st.

“Many of the food establishments in downtown Flushing stock up on expensive food ingredients to keep themselves ready for the Lunar New Year celebration,” said Yu. “Now if all those parties and celebrations are canceled, then the restaurants will start to fear the hurt, because this is the third year in a row that the restaurants couldn't generate a significant portion of their annual revenue during Lunar New Year.”

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #442 on: January 09, 2022, 08:16:08 AM »
Mayor Eric Adams says allowing non-citizens to vote for NYC elections is ‘best choice’
NY Post ^ | January 8, 2022 | Jesse O’Neill
Posted on 1/9/2022, 11:10:13 AM by EinNYC

Mayor Eric Adams said Saturday he supports a controversial bill to allow hundreds of thousands of non-citizens living in New York City to participate in local elections.

The City Council approved the “Our City, Our Vote” measure in December, despite concerns from more than a dozen lawmakers, former Mayor Bill de Blasio and some constitutional experts.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #443 on: January 09, 2022, 11:30:32 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #444 on: January 09, 2022, 02:25:37 PM »
ments.

Teen cashier, 19, is shot dead in cold blood during her late shift at Harlem Burger King AFTER giving gunman $100 from drawer: Her mom is 'racked with guilt' for making her work nights even though she was scared of 'the 50 homeless people outside'
The Daily Mail ^ | 02/09/2022 | Matt McNulty
Posted on 1/9/2022, 3:19:05 PM by thegagline

A teen girl was gunned down and killed during a robbery while working her shift at a Harlem Burger King - with the killer making off with only $100.

Kristal Bayron-Nieves, 19, was working as a cashier at the Burger King at 116th Street and Lexington Avenue in East Harlem around early Sunday morning when an armed robber entered the restaurant at around 1am.

The gunman pistol-whipped a male customer before punching a female manager in the face.

Bayron-Nieves, who just started the job three weeks ago, gave the robber $100 cash from the drawer, an eyewitness said, according to her mother.

The criminal turned to leave, but turned around again and shot Bayron-Nieves in the torso, according to the New York Post.

The teen was transported to nearby Metropolitan Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.

'She didn't deserve to be mowed down while working at a Burger King,' a police source said.

*** Her mother went on to say she felt particularly torn over her daughter's death after convincing her to continue going to work despite the teen's concerns.

'Kristal said Friday, 'I don't want to go. I'm scared,'' Nieves said.

'I say, 'You have to go and be responsible.' At 10 pm I wake her up to go and tell her, 'You have to go. You have to be responsible. You have to get a better life.'' *** The robber, who has yet to be identified or apprehended, was described as a slim male who was wearing dark clothes and a black mask, according to police.

Authorities have since released surveillance video footage of the man wanted in the teen's death. ***

(Excerpt) Read more at dailymail.co.uk ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #445 on: January 09, 2022, 02:48:55 PM »
Skip to comments.

'Woke' New Yorkers melt down after finding note on cars from Florida resident tell them to go home
World Net Daily ^ | 6 January A.D. 2022 | Jack Gist
Posted on 1/8/2022, 11:52:27 PM by lightman

Wokeness has a reputation for intolerance. That reputation has made some people intolerant of the woke.

At least one Floridian has resorted to what could be construed as civil disobedience to voice disdain over the influx of New Yorkers into a Palm Beach neighborhood. A number of cars with New York license plates found notes on their car windows instructing them to move someplace else if they identify with the political left, according to the New York Post.

Typed in capital letters, the message read, “If you are one of those ‘woke’ people -- leave Florida. You will be happier elsewhere, as will we."

The fliers alarmed some citizens to the extent that they reported the incident to the Palm Beach Police Department. After a brief investigation on Jan. 2, police concluded that no crime had been committed.

Only those vehicles with out-of-state plates were targeted, according to Capt. William Rothrock, public information officer for the department, and the “majority” of those had New York plates.....

In a phone interview with the Post, Rothrock said, “Residents were concerned about the lack of civility and respect for personal property. We understood that concern and that’s why we started to look into the matter but we determined … it was non-criminal in nature.”

This means that the cars were not damaged, no credible threats were made and basically, there was nothing to see...

(Excerpt) Read more at wnd.com ...

TOPICS: News/Current Events; US

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #446 on: January 10, 2022, 05:33:38 AM »
NYC Mayor Defends Picking Brother for NYPD Job...Because of 'White Supremacy' Threat
townhall.com ^ | 1/10/2022 0700 hrs et | Leah Barkoukis
Posted on 1/10/2022, 8:23:37 AM

New York City Mayor Eric Adams on Sunday defended his decision to name his brother, former NYPD police officer Bernard Adams, as a deputy NYPD commissioner.

Though he acknowledged a city ethics panel will “make the determination” on whether there’s a conflict of interest over bringing on his brother for the job, Adams argued it’s necessary given the threat he faces from “white supremacy.”

“Let me be clear on this: My brother is qualified for the position. Number one, he will be in charge of my security, which is extremely important to me at a time when we see an increase in white supremacy and hate crimes,” he told CNN’s Jake Tapper on “State of the Union.”

“I have to take my security in a very serious way,” the mayor added.

During a press conference on Sunday, Adams went into more detail about why he chose his brother.

“Protection is personal. You have an increase of anarchists in this city, country. We have a serious problem with white supremacy. And when you talk about this type of security that I want, it’s extremely unique. I don’t want to be away from my public,” he said.

(Excerpt) Read more at townhall.com ...

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #447 on: January 10, 2022, 05:40:33 AM »
NYC Mayor Defends Picking Brother for NYPD Job...Because of 'White Supremacy' Threat
townhall.com ^ | 1/10/2022 0700 hrs et | Leah Barkoukis
Posted on 1/10/2022, 8:23:37 AM

New York City Mayor Eric Adams on Sunday defended his decision to name his brother, former NYPD police officer Bernard Adams, as a deputy NYPD commissioner.

Though he acknowledged a city ethics panel will “make the determination” on whether there’s a conflict of interest over bringing on his brother for the job, Adams argued it’s necessary given the threat he faces from “white supremacy.”

“Let me be clear on this: My brother is qualified for the position. Number one, he will be in charge of my security, which is extremely important to me at a time when we see an increase in white supremacy and hate crimes,” he told CNN’s Jake Tapper on “State of the Union.”

“I have to take my security in a very serious way,” the mayor added.

During a press conference on Sunday, Adams went into more detail about why he chose his brother.

“Protection is personal. You have an increase of anarchists in this city, country. We have a serious problem with white supremacy. And when you talk about this type of security that I want, it’s extremely unique. I don’t want to be away from my public,” he said.

(Excerpt) Read more at townhall.com ...

Meet the new boss; same as the old boss.
~

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #448 on: January 11, 2022, 05:16:22 AM »

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #449 on: January 11, 2022, 07:22:11 AM »
Adams off to a shitty start.
Y