Author Topic: N.Y.C. is F U C ^ # D after Bloomberg.  (Read 69411 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: N.Y.C. is F U C ^ # D after Bloomberg.
« Reply #400 on: December 06, 2021, 04:20:59 PM »
I could be wrong, but I had the impression he is adamantly against the COVID vaccine. Even if he had to have it to keep his job, it seems out of character given his online Getbig 'tough talking'.

Liberals/progressives have a very difficult time understanding the difference between being anti-vaccine and being anti-vaccine mandate

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #401 on: December 06, 2021, 05:22:21 PM »
Good thing you are self employed, huh? You are aren't you? Assuming you've avoided getting vaccinated and you oppose wearing masks, do you find yourself stuck a home a lot? If you can go to a restaurant, the gym or an entertainment venue, what's left to do?

Even if I were opposed to vaccines and masks, I'd force myself to have the shot and wear the mask just to be able to get out of the house every so often. But then, I'm not one for making a statement just for the sake of it.

I got the vaccine and regret it now.   I’m anti mask entirely and anti mandate. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #402 on: December 06, 2021, 05:24:19 PM »
Nope.  He's said multiple times he got vaccinated early just to have it done.

I would think he'd be against a mandate, but can't speak for him....we'll see.

I think the vaccine is bullshit.   I got it.   Moderna.  I consider it no different than getting injected w saline solution at this point.   It’s useless.   It’s not a vaccine.   It’s a damper for. Few months.   That’s it.

Prime can wear a face diaper forever if he wants. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #403 on: December 08, 2021, 05:16:37 AM »
'Blindsided': Fury in NYC as de Blasio gives firms just 3 weeks to get vaxxed
NY Post ^ | 7 December A.D. 2021 | Reuven Fenton, Carl Campanile, Nolan Hicks and Sam Raskin
Posted on 12/7/2021, 7:37:37 AM

Mayor Bill de Blasio sprang a COVID-19 vaccine mandate on all private businesses in New York City on Monday — drawing immediate rebuke from trade groups, New York office workers and some fellow elected officials who said the backbone of the Big Apple was “blindsided” by the stunning move.

De Blasio, whose mayoralty ends at the stroke of midnight on New Year’s Eve, labeled making vaccines compulsory for private businesses a “pre-emptive strike” against an expected surge in COVID infections this winter amid the emergence of the Omicron variant.

Kathryn Wylde, head of the business group Partnership for NYC, blasted the mayor’s announcement.

“There’s no forewarning, no discussion, no idea about whether it’s legal or who he expects to enforce it,” she said. “There’s been no consultation.

“We were blindsided,” a clearly enraged Wylde said.

She also questioned if de Blasio has the legal ability to implement the vaccine rule for private entities.

“It’s unclear by what authority the mayor is doing this,” said Wylde.

Asked about potential penalties for non-compliant employers, the mayor again responded vaguely. “It’s part of life that there have to be some consequences,” he said. “We’ll figure out what makes sense by Dec. 15 when we put out the guidelines.”

De Blasio said he spoke to both Gov. Kathy Hochul and Adams, his successor, who is currently on a personal trip to Ghana, about the new policy before he revealed it.

(Excerpt) Read more at nypost.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #404 on: December 08, 2021, 01:32:59 PM »
NY Supreme Court Delivers Crushing Blow to Mayor Bill de Blasio’s Vaccine Mandate
https://beckernews.com/ ^ | December 8, 2021by Kyle Becker
Posted on 12/8/2021, 4:09:51 PM by Red Badger

New York City’s Mayor Bill de Blasio issued a vaccine mandate on October 29. But in a ruling that throws into question the legality of the “mandate,” a judge for the Supreme Court of New York has blocked it.

“Mayor Bill de Blasio’s COVID-19 vaccine mandate for New York City employees, including the NYPD, has been blocked by a Manhattan court,” Newsweek reported.

“On Tuesday, Judge Frank P. Nervo in the Supreme Court of New York gave notice that the mandate was suspended, pending a hearing scheduled for December 14,” the report added.

“The ruling comes shortly after Mayor Bill de Blasio said the city would also require private-sector workers to be vaccinated by Dec. 27. That policy affects about 184,000 businesses,” the Wall Street Journal noted.

On Monday, New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio appeared on Morning Joe to announce that he was issuing a city wide mandate for private sector employees to be vaccinated.

“We in New York City have decided to use a preemptive strike to really do something bold to stop the further growth of COVID and the dangers it’s causing to all of us,” de Blasio said. “All private-sector employers in New York City will be covered by this vaccine mandate as of Dec. 27.”

“We’ve got omicron as a new factor, we’ve got the colder weather, which is going to really create additional challenges with the delta variant, we’ve got holiday gatherings,” de Blasio also said.

CBS New York reported on the details of the city wide ‘mandate.’

“All private-sector workers in New York City will be subject to the mayor’s vaccine mandate starting Dec. 27, affecting 184,000 businesses, while vaccine proof for indoor dining, fitness and entertainment will be required for children ages 5 to 11, according to a toughened vaccine mandate announced by Bill de Blasio Monday,” CBS noted.

“The current rule will also expand to require two vaccine doses instead of proof of only one as far as people age 12 and older are concerned, the mayor said,” the report added. “That excludes people who were vaccinated with Johnson & Johnson’s single-dose shot.”

“Kids aged 5 to 11 only need to show proof of one dose when the requirement for them kicks in on Dec. 14, considering they only first became eligible for their initial doses in early November and must wait at least 21 days between Pfizer’s doses,” the report said.

The medical experts who have dealt with the Omicron variant have described the symptoms it causes as “mild.” Furthermore, children are at infinitesimal risk from Covid.

One South African doctor has reprimanded governments for taking “extreme action” over the Omicron variant.

New York has implemented some of the most aggressive Covid response actions in the nation, but has no results to show for it, except for damaging job creation, the tourism industry, and the state of freedom for the citizens.

The Covid cases, hospitalizations and deaths are on the rise in New York, despite vaccine mandates, mask mandates, and even vaccine “passports” in New York City. The vaccination rates are also extremely high: More than 99% of seniors and 90% of those 12 and up are “vaccinated.”

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #405 on: December 08, 2021, 01:48:43 PM »
Homeless NYC arsonist who torched Fox News' giant 50ft Christmas tree could be back on streets within HOURS because judge can't set bail under 2020 criminal justice reforms
Daily Mail ^ | 8 December 2021 | Jennifer Smith
Posted on 12/8/2021, 4:02:44 PM by Trillian

The 49-year-old 'arsonist' arrested for setting fire to the Fox News 50-foot Christmas tree could be back on the street in hours because of the city’s lenient bail reforms.

Craig Tamanaha, who is described as homeless and 'emotionally disturbed', faces six misdemeanor charges for torching the tree and under the 2020 criminal justice reforms that means judges are advised to release the accused.

Arson is only constituted as a felony in New York if the perpetrator harms or attempts to harm a person or if the act is considered a hate crime.

Fox News employees called police after watching Tamanaha climb the tree at 12.14am Wednesday and set it on fire. He tried to scramble away, but was taken into custody.

"There's no question that the legislature has got to reevaluate the nooks and crannies of the bail statute because it's leading to absurd outcomes,’ Mark Bederow, a former Manhattan prosecutor turned criminal defense lawyer, told Fox News.

In order for a judge to set bail, Tamanaha would have to have been charged with at least third-degree arson, which constitutes a hate crime.

"You'd have to intentionally damage a building or vehicle by starting a fire or explosion as a hate crime, which is an extraordinarily high bar for bail eligibility. Having a personal bias or animus toward Christmas doesn't legally cut it,’ Bederow added.

When a suspect is released on bail for a crime against another person, that person can be granted an order of protection to make sure the suspect stays away from them.

But there is no legal order a judge could give to prevent Tamanaha from approaching the Fox News tree again. "You can't give the Christmas tree an order of protection, so security will have to stand guard," Bederow told Fox News.

(Excerpt) Read more at dailymail.co.uk ...

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #406 on: December 08, 2021, 05:46:21 PM »

Arson is only constituted as a felony in New York if the perpetrator harms or attempts to harm a person or if the act is considered a hate crime.

INSANE

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #409 on: December 09, 2021, 12:00:51 PM »
https://www.foxnews.com/us/fox-square-christmas-tree-arson-suspect-free-no-bail

>:( :(
Not surprised at all. If it was CNN's tree we'd be hearing about dangerous White terrorists.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #410 on: December 09, 2021, 12:52:00 PM »
Not surprised at all. If it was CNN's tree we'd be hearing about dangerous White terrorists.

CNN has a "holiday tree".

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #411 on: December 09, 2021, 02:02:56 PM »
Liberals/progressives have a very difficult time understanding the difference between being anti-vaccine and being anti-vaccine mandate.

How did you reach such a conclusion? I didn't know Soul Crusher was COVID vaccinated, reading that he was surprised me.  Oregon does not have a vaccine mandate that affects me. We have a mask mandate. I'd wear one whether it was government mandated or not if a business owner or event manager required it and I wanted to do business there. Otherwise, I'd go somewhere where a mask isn't required because I find wearing one extremely uncomfortable.

Most liberal thinking people I know are against restrictions and mandates in general. They are more inclined to fight for freedom of expression and the right to make their own decisions about their health. Liberals don't see everything as some type of conspiracy against  them as it seems conservative folks are more apt to.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #412 on: December 09, 2021, 02:44:35 PM »
We have some obese diabetic elderly people in my office abs they asked me to get it.  So it wasn’t a big deal either way.   I feel it was a waste of time however.

How did you reach such a conclusion? I didn't know Soul Crusher was COVID vaccinated, reading that he was surprised me.  Oregon does not have a vaccine mandate that affects me. We have a mask mandate. I'd wear one whether it was government mandated or not if a business owner or event manager required it and I wanted to do business there. Otherwise, I'd go somewhere where a mask isn't required because I find wearing one extremely uncomfortable.

Most liberal thinking people I know are against restrictions and mandates in general. They are more inclined to fight for freedom of expression and the right to make their own decisions about their health. Liberals don't see everything as some type of conspiracy against  them as it seems conservative folks are more apt to.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #413 on: December 10, 2021, 02:02:54 AM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #414 on: December 10, 2021, 03:59:58 PM »

I reached that conclusion by listening to a plethora of liberals/progressives lump anti-vax and anti-mandate together. 

If most liberal thinking people you know are against restrictions and mandates in general then you have a bunch of unicorn friends.  Today's liberals/progressives don't have a problem with government mandates.  They accept what the government/CDC tells them to do.  They (through social media) censor opposing viewpoints.  That's why, for example, you could not even post stories about the Covid lab leak until very recently. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #415 on: December 12, 2021, 09:28:12 AM »
Bill de Blasio: Without ‘Tough’ Vaccine Mandates, Shutdowns Could Be Back
Breitbart ^ | 12/12/2021 | Pam Key
Posted on 12/12/2021, 11:33:59 AM by ChicagoConservative27

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio said Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union” that there could be lockdowns again without widespread “tough” vaccine mandates like the one he implemented in New York City.

De Blasio said, “Look, right now, here’s what I fear. Omicron is here. It’s all over the country. This variant moves fast. We have to move faster. I’ll tell you what I hear from our business community that their greatest fear is shutdowns. Their greatest fear is going back to where we were in 2020 to restrictions, to people losing their livelihood. You mentioned unemployment. The greatest threat to employment right now is that the Omicron variant and the cold winter months are going to supercharge COVID and take us backward. So I’m going to argue to you that mandates work, and it’s time since I put mandates in place in New York City. Starting in August, we’ve seen over 1 million more doses. Seventy-one percent of our people fully vaccinated. A lot of those people made the decision because the mandate was there, and it was the thing that moved them. It’s keeping people alive.”

(Excerpt) Read more at breitbart.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #417 on: December 14, 2021, 08:30:59 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #418 on: December 17, 2021, 11:48:19 AM »
http://www.fox5ny.com/news/christmas-shows-canceled-at-radio-city-music-hall-over-covid-outbreak

We are going back into lockdown.  These liberals want a civil war in this country 

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #419 on: December 18, 2021, 10:38:06 AM »
http://www.fox5ny.com/news/christmas-shows-canceled-at-radio-city-music-hall-over-covid-outbreak

We are going back into lockdown.  These liberals want a civil war in this country
They are going to destroy our economy.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #420 on: December 27, 2021, 04:13:39 PM »
Skip to comments.

As Bill de Blasio Prepares To Leave Office
Manhattan Contrarian ^ | 26 Dec, 2021 | Francis Menton
Posted on 12/27/2021, 9:12:18 AM by MtnClimber

Here in New York City, political offices change hands on New Year’s Day. That means that, come Saturday, we will finally be rid of Mayor Bill de Blasio.

De Blasio got a full eight years in office to implement his uber-progressive agenda and finally bring perfect fairness and justice to New York City. He was handed by his predecessor (Mike Bloomberg) a government that did have an unreasonably high level of spending, but still was in relatively good fiscal condition, with crime under control and strong economic growth. With the momentum of the economic growth and a supportive State Legislature and City Council, de Blasio was able to have dramatic increases in revenues, and therefore spending, to achieve his goals. The budget bequeathed to de Blasio by Bloomberg for the fiscal year that ran from July 1, 2013 to June 30, 2014 was $72.9 billion. The current budgeted spending level, running to June 30, 2022, that de Blasio is bequeathing to his successor, is $102.8 billion.

Surely, you will say, for those huge spending increases, de Blasio must have been able to achieve his goals and more. Let’s check in on a couple of de Blasio’s signature issues to see what results he has been able to achieve for the money.

Income inequality

If there was one issue more than any other that defined de Blasio’s run for Mayor back in 2013, it was income inequality. His signature campaign line was that New York was a “tale of two cities,” one rich and the other poor, and that that dichotomy must be ended by his progressive policies. In his first inaugural address, de Blasio called income inequality “the defining challenge of our time.” Surely, then, with all the additional government spending, de Blasio at least made a substantial dent in the City’s income inequality.

Actually, there is no evidence that de Blasio’s progressive policies and blowout spending made any measurable difference at all in income inequality. Granted, the government statistics on this issue come out with substantial lags, so that the most recent figures are a couple of years old. But I can’t think of any reason to believe that the last couple of years of data, when they emerge, will be anything different. The simple fact is that the only thing the government can do to move the income inequality statistics in a meaningful way is to drive away high income earners.

With regard to available data on New York City’s level of income inequality:

-A Manhattan Institute study released in September 2019 found that income inequality in New York City, as measured by Census data and the Gini coefficient, had actually increased slightly since de Blasio took office. “Household income inequality, as measured by the Gini coefficient, was essentially flat, at 0.5504 in 2017 (the latest year for which data are available). Inequality is up slightly since Mayor de Blasio took office in 2014—but not by much. The key point is that income inequality has not declined.”

-From a study by the Citizen’s Committee for Children, October 2020: “New data from the Census Bureau reinforce a disturbing trend: over the last decade, New York City’s income inequality has worsened. The growth of incomes at the top continued to outpace growth at the bottom, expanding the gap between. . . . The pandemic has entrenched extreme inequalities in New York City. Insecurities surrounding employment, health, education and basic safety are affecting many New Yorkers today, but they are disproportionately experienced in communities with the lowest incomes.”

K-12 education

If the increase in overall City spending under de Blasio seems high, the portion of the increase going to public education is completely absurd. In simple terms, under de Blasio the teachers’ union has gotten whatever it wants, from limits on charters, to toxic Critical Race Theory starting in kindergarten, to higher and ever higher spending. From today’s New York Post cover story, headline “Fat Educats”:

In the last seven years under Mayor de Blasio, the DOE’s annual budget has ballooned from $20 billion to a whopping $31.6 billion – the size of Peru’s government spending, according to the city’s Independent Budget Office. That is not counting another $5 billion in pension costs.

I can’t think of any reason why the $5 billion of teacher pension costs is not part of the cost of educating the kids. So the total cost is $36.6 billion. For how many kids? That’s a number that a lot of people have been trying to get out of the Department of Education, as they shuck and jive to avoid disclosing big enrollment drops during the pandemic. Back in May the DOE released what it called an “audited” figure of some 1.094 million kids for school attendance in November 2020. But the Post reported on May 29, 2021:

Enrollment in city public schools has fallen below 890,000 students — down from more than a million kids a decade ago, according to internal Department of Education records viewed by The Post. In late January, DOE officials pegged this year’s enrollment at “approximately 960,000 students” — a 4 percent drop over last year after 43,000 kids exited the system. The latest school registers indicate an additional loss of 70,000 students.

$36.6 million for 890,000 students would be over $41,000 per student. Educationdata.org gives the national average spending for 2021 as $12,624 per student. In Florida — the state most comparable to New York in population and demographics — the per student spending is $9,616.

But surely for all that spending New York City achieves stellar and sparkling educational outcomes for its students? Get real. In fact, despite all the spending, New York City achieves overall results well below the national average, and particularly poor results for students who are members of minority groups. The best available data come from the NAEP tests, administered by the federal government every two years. Oh, of course the 2021 tests have been postponed to 2022, supposedly due to the pandemic; so the most recent results come from 2019.

Here are the 2019 New York City results for 8th grade students for reading and for math. NYC’s average scores were well below the national average in both categories (for math, NYC students scored an average of 226, versus national average of 240; for reading, NYC average score was 252, versus national average of 262). Particularly embarrassing were the “proficiency” levels achieved in the two subjects by New York City black and Hispanic students. In math, 15% of black students, and 18% of Hispanic students scored “proficient” or better; in reading, it was 14% for blacks and 20% for Hispanics. Both tests are set so that about 50% of students nationwide score “proficient” or above.

According to today’s Post, the new Mayor and his incoming education Chancellor intend to cut at least some of the bloated DOE budget. It’s about time. But the cuts will be far less than the 50% or more that should be on the table.

In upcoming posts I’ll take a look at some other of de Blasio’s big issues, like housing and homelessness. But none of this will surprise anyone who is paying attention. Everywhere you look, it’s more and more spending and no positive results of any kind.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #421 on: December 28, 2021, 01:03:12 AM »
If Billy D. becomes the Governor, I'll be looking to relocate from Michigan to New York!   ;D ;D ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #422 on: December 28, 2021, 05:17:50 AM »

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #423 on: December 28, 2021, 10:51:22 AM »
If Billy D. becomes the Governor, I'll be looking to relocate from Michigan to New York!   ;D ;D ;D

I think he'd make a great governor

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #424 on: January 01, 2022, 05:58:38 PM »
kip to comments.

NYC will consider race when distributing life-saving COVID treatments
NY Post ^ | January 1, 2022 | Jon Levine
Posted on 1/1/2022, 7:55:10 PM by EinNYC

New York City will take a patient’s race into account when distributing potentially life-saving COVID treatments, the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene revealed on their website.

The city will “consider race and ethnicity when assessing individual risk,” reads the agency’s official guidance from Dec. 20, which adds that “longstanding systemic health and social inequities” can contribute to an increased risk of dying from COVID-19.

(Excerpt) Read more at nypost.com ...