Author Topic: Uneven Strength Due to Injury  (Read 2545 times)

Weez

• Getbig III
  • stronger than dirt
Uneven Strength Due to Injury
« on: October 15, 2006, 02:36:18 AM »
Any help would be greatly appreciated..... I have very, very uneven strength when it comes to my upper body, and I am sure that it has to do with nerve damage that I suffered in my right triceps, and my right shoulder. It is so ridiculously "uneven", example: I do the 120 s for incline presses. Before this injury, I could manage to do about 12-14 reps. Now after the injury I can do maybe 3 with my right arm, but I can keep going to about 15 with my left arm. What I am asking is does anybody know of a way to rehab this right side to bring it up to the same strength as the left side? I am much obliged to any one that has an answer. Thanks.
Cam ad mi

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
Re: Uneven Strength Due to Injury
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2006, 06:53:15 PM »
this definitely has to do with the nerve damage.  how long ago did you injure your arm?

after my nerve injury (neck & arm), it took me several months to get back to where i had been.  right now (after over a year) my left arm is just a tad weaker on the bench press, i can do the same amount of reps as with the right arm, but lack this extra push to finish the movement at the very top on the last 1-2 reps, same story with shoulder presses.

i took ten or so physical therapy sessions and i am still taking massage once a week, more as a precaution against a new injury rather than a fix for the old one.

the bottom line is just be patient and wait.  the feeling in your arm should return in time.  ice the affected area twice a day, take an ice cube and rub back and forth along your arm until it melts away, go through 3-4 ice cubes, twice a day.

Weez

• Getbig III
  • stronger than dirt
Re: Uneven Strength Due to Injury
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 08:59:59 PM »
 Thanks, it was one of those injuries that was "accumulating", (I guess you could say), over a matter of time. I believe it is the back side of my triceps. I'll try your advise, thanks.
Cam ad mi