Author Topic: Q&A with IFBB Pro Vinny Galanti  (Read 113728 times)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Re: Q&A with IFBB Pro Vinny Galanti
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2008, 01:14:06 PM »
Hey Vinny,

Is it true that you don't train calves? ??? ???
his calves are are sick.genetics he lucked out there big time.on a lighter note your cowboys are about to  get spanked by the steelers.no marion barber .big ben at home in the cold should be fun.

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2008, 06:28:26 PM »
Vinny congrats on turning pro.  Definately an inspirtation to push on year after year until you reached your goal.  Must have felt like a ton of bricks falling off of you.  Good luck with the upcoming contest season!

yeah man, the stress is gone.

ANIMAL

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2008, 06:30:03 PM »
hello vince
why do you preffer steak over tuna?

i eat tuna from time to time, but after eating tuna since im 16 years old....need a little break from it.

ANIMAL

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2008, 06:30:48 PM »
Hey Vinny,

Is it true that you don't train calves? ??? ???

yes, but i been training them with legs more often now.
ANIMAL

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2008, 06:31:46 PM »
Aloha Vinny, good to see that you are here answering questions and helping all of us.  Train to win bro, 202's! Take care, Faildo

Chris...help you?

you could help me...lol

i have not decided on any shows yet.
at first i was going to do the AC show back in Sep.
then i was going to train for the ironman...but the economy is not so great right now to spend money on a flight and hotel.
ANIMAL

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2008, 06:33:27 PM »
his calves are are sick.genetics he lucked out there big time.on a lighter note your cowboys are about to  get spanked by the steelers.no marion barber .big ben at home in the cold should be fun.

oh man...i was in houlihans with my wife enjoying ribs and a beer and had to watch those fucking idiot blow it....like i could ply football better...lol
ANIMAL

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2008, 08:10:33 PM »
oh man...i was in houlihans with my wife enjoying ribs and a beer and had to watch those fucking idiot blow it....like i could ply football better...lol
i sweated out the last quarter with my wife and was screaming at ben getting sacked for 3 fuckin quarters then bam 17 points,dallas d was tough stopped that goal line 4th and goal .terell was pissed i think at some of the last play call i think.and wooten was out of 2 plays like he didn;t know the route or play call.great game.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2008, 10:59:44 AM »
Vinny care to share what your eating right now in the offseason? And are u staying lean or letting  yourself "go" a little bit?

HEY vin care to share what u went through back some time ago with eating disorder.was that caused from the perception people had from u being vinny the bber all time?that they look over ur shoulder and say are u really suppossed to eat that?and were they bugging u offseason mostly,and how did u get to the point not to let it bother u any more.and learn that u could be a little human and not always as people see in magazines or on stage 24/7.

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2008, 11:31:57 AM »
HEY vin care to share what u went through back some time ago with eating disorder.was that caused from the perception people had from u being vinny the bber all time?that they look over ur shoulder and say are u really suppossed to eat that?and were they bugging u offseason mostly,and how did u get to the point not to let it bother u any more.and learn that u could be a little human and not always as people see in magazines or on stage 24/7.

yeah no problem.

for a long time i did my own thing, i was able to eat what ever i wanted in the offseason.

nobody paid much attention to me even after winning a bunch of local/regional shows, and even the jr usa.

but after my win in the USA, it was like the spot light was on me all the time...when i went to my normal offseason eating, too many people paid way too much attention to what i ate.

all of a sudden i had a rep as someone who did not eat well, someone who cheated all the time.
and all i was doing was what i have always done.

fast forward to 94 , and it carried over. what did you eat today, how much did you eat...it was stressing me out.

it wasn't fun anymore...so i'd binge and throw up for 2 years.

after getting rid of all the "negative" people around me, i took off all of 96...regrouped, and came back in 97 winning my class in the jr nationals, 10th in the usa, and 4th in the nationals.

and thats the story....boring, i know....lol
ANIMAL

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2008, 11:35:52 AM »
Wow,that sucks Vin.....glad you`re back on track and doing your thing your own way.

Congrats on getting your long overdue pro-card bro! :)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2008, 11:44:51 AM »
HOW about some pics from past or present never seen,there must be tons taken by close people ,even through in a few of your beloved bulldogs lol....lance had some good ones back from usa win ,do u still talk to tommy potenza?

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2008, 11:45:23 AM »
Wow,that sucks Vin.....glad you`re back on track and doing your thing your own way.

Congrats on getting your long overdue pro-card bro! :)

thank you, but i want to say....it was not long over due, i earned it, yes...but when i lost in the past,  it was against guys who were better than me.

i can truly say that i placed exactly where i should have in all the shows i was in...

ANIMAL

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2008, 12:39:01 PM »
That`s cool Vin..........always liked your look though.

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2008, 06:35:38 AM »
That`s cool Vin..........always liked your look though.

thank you wes
ANIMAL

Stavios

« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2008, 06:23:23 PM »
thank you, but i want to say....it was not long over due, i earned it, yes...but when i lost in the past,  it was against guys who were better than me.

i can truly say that i placed exactly where i should have in all the shows i was in...

we don't hear that pretty often from the others ego-maniacs bodybuilders  :)

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #65 on: December 12, 2008, 03:01:03 AM »
we don't hear that pretty often from the others ego-maniacs bodybuilders  :)

well if i was asked this question when i was 25....lol

there are a few guys that have beat me that i'd like to stand against again, and there are about 3 pro's that i never competed with that i'd like to go up against.

ANIMAL

marcos chacon

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • a muerte !
« Reply #66 on: December 13, 2008, 08:31:59 AM »
yeah no problem.

for a long time i did my own thing, i was able to eat what ever i wanted in the offseason.

nobody paid much attention to me even after winning a bunch of local/regional shows, and even the jr usa.

but after my win in the USA, it was like the spot light was on me all the time...when i went to my normal offseason eating, too many people paid way too much attention to what i ate.

all of a sudden i had a rep as someone who did not eat well, someone who cheated all the time.
and all i was doing was what i have always done.

fast forward to 94 , and it carried over. what did you eat today, how much did you eat...it was stressing me out.

it wasn't fun anymore...so i'd binge and throw up for 2 years.

after getting rid of all the "negative" people around me, i took off all of 96...regrouped, and came back in 97 winning my class in the jr nationals, 10th in the usa, and 4th in the nationals.

and thats the story....boring, i know....lol

i do the same i eat all i need and want off seasson and then these silly people that think that u only have to eat chicken and rice are talking shit about u allways!!! they can keep eating chicken and rice off seasson and i will keep on growing eating what i have to eat!!! good luck in your pro carreer.

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #67 on: December 16, 2008, 12:58:50 PM »
i do the same i eat all i need and want off seasson and then these silly people that think that u only have to eat chicken and rice are talking shit about u allways!!! they can keep eating chicken and rice off seasson and i will keep on growing eating what i have to eat!!! good luck in your pro carreer.

it's all good now.

thanks for the post
ANIMAL

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #68 on: December 16, 2008, 01:53:56 PM »
Hey Vinny, just to let you know, there's an article about you in this months M&F.

texasmusclegeek

• Getbig I
« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2008, 05:26:03 PM »
vinny, what will be your pro debut....will you stay in the 202's?

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #70 on: December 16, 2008, 07:22:59 PM »
Hey Vinny, just to let you know, there's an article about you in this months M&F.

yes thanks man, that was last months....i know it says december, but the january issue is out now.
ANIMAL

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #71 on: December 16, 2008, 07:25:06 PM »
vinny, what will be your pro debut....will you stay in the 202's?

i have not decided on anything yet.

i'd like to know what you guys would want to see me in.....

where should i make my debut?
ANIMAL

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #72 on: December 17, 2008, 12:45:48 AM »
i have not decided on anything yet.

i'd like to know what you guys would want to see me in.....

where should i make my debut?
I'd like to see you at you most proportioned and defined ..be it under or over 202 ...you prolly know better

can you post a pic from where you thought you npresented your most complete package ? and maybe specify the weight too /.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #73 on: December 17, 2008, 02:39:20 AM »
yes thanks man, that was last months....i know it says december, but the january issue is out now.

sure. sorry.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #74 on: December 17, 2008, 06:41:45 AM »
that article was good ,looked sharp in pics,ny pro would be good ,expense for travel is nothing and just have to expense prep.what were u carbed up you think at master nationals 202/205 that would be good weight for u