Author Topic: "Little Big Men"  (Read 3595 times)

JasonH

• Getbig V
"Little Big Men"
« on: January 17, 2009, 01:51:53 PM »
Anybody read this book by Alan M Klein?

Pretty heavy going as it shows a highly analytical view into the psychology of bodybuilding but still has some interesting points in it.

Here is the link:

http://books.google.com/books?id=ik-OnwND4EoC&printsec=frontcover&dq=little+big+men

io856

Re: "Little Big Men"
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 11:54:39 PM »
wow that really is heavy going!

I like getting stronger and getting bigger, does that mean I am a psychological mess?  ::)

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 02:02:55 AM »
wow that really is heavy going!

I like getting stronger and getting bigger, does that mean I am a psychological mess?  ::)

It appears so it seems - we're all a bit messed in the head according to this guy. I couldn't find the passage but I believe he gives reasons why bodybuilding will never gain "sport legitimacy". In other words "not a sport".

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 02:11:49 AM »
Oh please why doesn't he go right a fucking book on the egotistical, arrogant jocks of prosports or the mindless plastic surgery and vanity of women?  bodybuilders are no different than any other aspect of society.  Some take it to the extreme some don't  Probodybuilding in no way represents the broad spectrum of bodybuilding and fitness enthusiasts. 

Personally I'll never compete in probodybuilding, would never want to nor would I ever want to look like a pro bodybuilder even if I could.  But that doesn't mean I don't enjoy challenging myself in the gym week in and week out all the while eating right and occassionally taking hormones. 

io856

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 03:29:41 AM »
But that doesn't mean I don't enjoy challenging myself in the gym week in and week out all the while eating right and occassionally taking hormones. 
Exactly, no wonder so many people are ashamed to admit they are bodybuilders.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2009, 03:31:45 AM »
Yes, it is a shame that bb'ing comes with a stigma that is hard to wash..... :-\
No doubt about it...

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2009, 07:02:45 AM »
Oh please why doesn't he go right a fucking book on the egotistical, arrogant jocks of prosports or the mindless plastic surgery and vanity of women?  bodybuilders are no different than any other aspect of society.  Some take it to the extreme some don't  Probodybuilding in no way represents the broad spectrum of bodybuilding and fitness enthusiasts. 

Personally I'll never compete in probodybuilding, would never want to nor would I ever want to look like a pro bodybuilder even if I could.  But that doesn't mean I don't enjoy challenging myself in the gym week in and week out all the while eating right and occassionally taking hormones. 

::) ::) ::)