Author Topic: .  (Read 2803 times)

ryno711

• Getbig I
« on: April 22, 2010, 07:47:12 AM »

jpm101

• Getbig IV
Re: HOW LONG????
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 09:15:00 AM »
Pure muscle mass, for the average beginner, probably between 12 to 16 weeks. Of course the basic program should be heavy compound exercises. Like squats (breathing version preferred), dips/benches, row, cleans,etc. Our athletes do this on a regular bases. Usually 3 or 4 compound exercise, with 2 to 3 short and to the point workouts. Really not rocket science gaining muscle.

If your an experience lifer and near your muscular prime, than a little more complex planning will have to be considered. Diet and a training program designed for your body type alone may be number 1. Even if all this is taken in consideration, that added PURE muscle may take many months or even years. 20lbs gain of quality muscle is quite a lot for an veteran BB'er.

If really desperate or mentally deranged , and don't care about side effects (now or near future health) than get to know your local dealer ( personal view: I have never favored the drugie approach). Just to note that the family of 'roids do not work on everyone the same way. Some can gain rapid muscle mass/strength and others not that much for their efforts. Even if designer stacks are applied. First clue, might be , that if born with good genetics, gains will come fast. Poor genetics, not so much. No matter if using or a natural. Good Luck.
F

ronbrgundy

• Getbig II
  • You stay classy
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 10:20:43 PM »
Totally lean muscle?  4 years approx if you are 22 years old or older.  Thats with no bs training, no half assing on leg day, eating like you are supposed to, etc.  If you are a teenager possibilities are pretty much endless..

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 04:12:57 AM »
Totally lean muscle?  4 years approx if you are 22 years old or older.  Thats with no bs training, no half assing on leg day, eating like you are supposed to, etc.  If you are a teenager possibilities are pretty much endless..

Any source for the info or did you pull it out of your ass?

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 05:33:36 AM »
Epic low standards.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 08:32:53 AM »
In four year even the very average trainee should be within 75% of his potential in muscle mass and strength. The last 25% being a total bit*h to get to for most.  Unless he is suffering from a horrific disease, main lining smack or a drug tweaker, gains should be steady, for the most part. Kind of gives me an insight to why RB ask so many simple and basic questions on GB. And for a good number of years. Just a suggestion: back away from the fitness club or spa membership and join a serious lifting gym. In a couple of months your shirts should be bursting from the seams. Good Luck.
F

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2010, 09:33:04 AM »
About 6.5 inches.

Wait what thread is this again ???

David M

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2010, 03:38:21 PM »
a beginner can gain it in 2 years.

if you have been lifting a decade, you'll be lucky to gain 2 pounds of muscle each year.
Team MEL

ronbrgundy

• Getbig II
  • You stay classy
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2010, 08:25:17 PM »

Any source for the info or did you pull it out of your ass?

I recommend watching the whole video, but he says it at 2:30

&feature=channel

and yes I could have cited my source earlier but I just felt like getting a rise out of the forum hahahhaha  ;)

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2010, 03:59:16 AM »
I recommend watching the whole video, but he says it at 2:30

&feature=channel

and yes I could have cited my source earlier but I just felt like getting a rise out of the forum hahahhaha  ;)

You got a rise out of someone...

About 6.5 inches.

Wait what thread is this again ???

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2010, 08:22:09 AM »
Flawed logic is being presented in that video clip. If you are misled enough to be working out five days a week, that may be your first mistake. Ask any strength training coach about the ability for solid muscle gains, in a shorter period of time. Or actually visit a few gyms of serious intent and ask some of the guy's training there. Putting on 10 to 15lbs of muscle on an athlete, required for his selected sport, within a few months is not out of the question. Happens all the time. All based on shot and to the point workouts, 2 to 3 times a week.

The gentleman in the clip seems a little too smug and patronizing. May I offer him my humble suggestions of using heavy compound exercises like squats, DL, cleans, Hi-pulls, dips, benches, etc to help him gain the muscle mass he seems to crave but failed to obtain. He might also avoid the pec machine and DB flys, too much of a good thing in his case. Good Luck.
F

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2010, 08:42:12 AM »
How many years does it take to naturally gain 20lbs of muscle?

If you're new to lifting & train right - as little as a few months.

If you've already developed most of your natural potential / or don't know WTF you're doing in (& out of) the gym - maybe never.

You need to learn,
experiment,
decide,
and apply - intensely & consistently.

ronbrgundy

• Getbig II
  • You stay classy
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2010, 07:31:14 PM »
Flawed logic is being presented in that video clip. If you are misled enough to be working out five days a week, that may be your first mistake. Ask any strength training coach about the ability for solid muscle gains, in a shorter period of time. Or actually visit a few gyms of serious intent and ask some of the guy's training there. Putting on 10 to 15lbs of muscle on an athlete, required for his selected sport, within a few months is not out of the question. Happens all the time. All based on shot and to the point workouts, 2 to 3 times a week.

The gentleman in the clip seems a little too smug and patronizing. May I offer him my humble suggestions of using heavy compound exercises like squats, DL, cleans, Hi-pulls, dips, benches, etc to help him gain the muscle mass he seems to crave but failed to obtain. He might also avoid the pec machine and DB flys, too much of a good thing in his case. Good Luck.

I actually think its a pretty good video, but I will give you that some people are exceptions to what he's saying.  People with great genetics and people on gear to name a couple. 

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2010, 08:52:37 PM »
JPM rules. That is all.  ;D

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2010, 06:02:30 AM »
Roughly 70% of the best TRAINING & NUTRITION information I've gotten from this site has come from JPM.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2010, 06:29:46 AM »
Roughly 70% of the best TRAINING & NUTRITION information I've gotten from this site has come from JPM.

Bump

lift 456

• Getbig III
  • Italian Stallion
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2010, 02:24:45 PM »

youre smart like my dad was.   he never knew mom was cheating though
I

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2010, 03:49:44 PM »

I'm jealous... :-[