Author Topic: DEXTER JACKSON visits PBW...Preparing for 14th Pro Title! (Listen Now)  (Read 20993 times)

Andrew1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Announcement - Episode #212

Dexter Jackson visits PBW...Preparing for 14th Pro Title! (Replay Now Available)

Former Mr. O Closes in on Flex Pro....and on Cutler's Victory Total  

When Dexter Jackson makes his 2011 season debut at the upcoming "Flex Pro", he'll be looking to add to one of the most impressive resume's in the history of his sport.  In addition to his Sandow Trophy and 3 Arnold Classic titles, Jackson has also won an additional 9 titles in various cities around the IFBB's Pro circuit.  In total, Dexter's 13 titles places him just 2 behind Jay Cutler on the active career win list.  Next weekend in Los Angeles, "The Blade" looks  to pull closer to Cutler and secure his first victory since relinquishing his Olympia reign. -- This week on PBW, Dexter discusses his decision to compete in the season opener and the possibility that this might be the best Dexter Jackson we have even seen! - Presented by MuscleTech, PBW airs on Mondays at 8pm ET.

Replays Available at www.BodybuildingRadio.com  
courtesy of Bodybuilding.com

Presented by MuscleTech and brought to you by Bodybuilding.com and Flex Magazine.
Additional sponsors include Xenadrine, Six Star Muscle, MAP, and BodySpace!
PBW: The Official radio show of Joe Weider's Olympia Weekend.
The presenting sponsor of the annual "Pro Bodybuilding Weekly Championships" in Tampa, FL
and a proud supporter of the NPC' USA Championships

powermaxx9

• Getbig II
Re: DEXTER JACKSON visits PBW...Preparing for 14th Pro Title! (Monday)
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 06:11:14 PM »
Dexter is the most consistant top tier bodybuilder of all time.  Agreed?    :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 10:08:42 PM »
it's a pretty big move competing in the opener... you couldn't see him doing the ironman at this point in his career.  I guess he figures he wins it, and he's a frontrunner for the O, and if he loses, he can just say he wasn't trying to peak yet.   It'll make the show big news, no matter what.  Some smaller name knocks off Dexter, it's huge. 

In my opinion, there may be more pressure on him to win the Flex Pro, than to win the Arnold.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 11:21:22 PM »
it's a pretty big move competing in the opener... you couldn't see him doing the ironman at this point in his career.  I guess he figures he wins it, and he's a frontrunner for the O, and if he loses, he can just say he wasn't trying to peak yet.   It'll make the show big news, no matter what.  Some smaller name knocks off Dexter, it's huge. 

In my opinion, there may be more pressure on him to win the Flex Pro, than to win the Arnold.

The Flex Pro will be a cake walk for him.

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 07:50:28 AM »

I agree that the Flex Pro is a trap for Dexter.  On paper, it looks like a win, but he's getting older and there's a good chance of an upset.  He doesn't have much pressure at the Arnold because he's already been surpassed by Branch at the last few shows and goes in as the underdog.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 12:35:47 PM »
I agree that the Flex Pro is a trap for Dexter.  On paper, it looks like a win, but he's getting older and there's a good chance of an upset.  He doesn't have much pressure at the Arnold because he's already been surpassed by Branch at the last few shows and goes in as the underdog.   

Fouad is very good.  White, who has learned to respect bagboys, is very very good.  Pakulski, damn good.  And Wolf?  He's a threat to the Olympia.

I'm honestly shocked Dex is doing this show, and I'll be shocked if he doesn't get the flu and miss this one.  Dex is a TOP caliber guy, and they very rarely take risks at shows like these.  A Top shape dex could get 2nd or 3rd... and a soft dex gets 6th...  it's a no-win for Dex... if he doesn't get 1st, I'm betting he is missed in that first ASC callout...

Fouad Abiad
Grigori Atoyan
Robert Belisle
Evan Centopani
Stan Efferding
Wendell Floyd
Dan Hill
Dexter Jackson
Ben Pakulski
Ben White
Dennis Wolf

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Chad names Ronnie's biggest weakness
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 05:21:21 PM »
on PBW tonight................

"when we came in - we came in to do BATTLE and freak people out.  But we also knew we have to keep his waist tight.  His midsection was a little shorter.  We capitalized upon his strengths.  and we tried to hide his weaknesses."

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
Re: Chad names Ronnie's biggest weakness
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2011, 05:28:41 PM »
i'm sure food caused his distended stomach also

:D :D :D

talking more shit then a make belief poo monster with ADHD

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011, 05:35:19 PM »
 Who the fuck is "Chad"?

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2011, 05:35:35 PM »
on PBW tonight................

"when we came in - we came in to do BATTLE and freak people out.  But we also knew we have to keep his waist tight.  His midsection was a little shorter.  We capitalized upon his strengths.  and we tried to hide his weaknesses."

This is actually spot on, guys like ronnie with short midsections get worse distension, on the other hand long torsoed folks like Lee and Mike Mazz don't get the pregnant look

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2011, 05:43:39 PM »

jay, all the way wide dude

newmom

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2011, 05:46:07 PM »

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2011, 06:22:50 PM »
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2011, 06:24:22 PM »

jay, all the way wide dude
I know, I don't even see how he can fit his waist through a door without turning sideways

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2011, 06:27:23 PM »
his biggest, and only, weakness is pussy. he loves the stuff
A

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2011, 08:38:30 PM »
Your mom is Chad.

can she make me a sammich?

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2011, 10:18:37 PM »

No doubt Chad Nichols helped Ronnie Coleman become one of the best bodybuilders of all time, in terms of freakiness and muscularity.  But doesn't his comment goes for every bodybuilder?

axestream

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2011, 04:39:51 AM »
Fouad is very good.  White, who has learned to respect bagboys, is very very good.  Pakulski, damn good.  And Wolf?  He's a threat to the Olympia.

I'm honestly shocked Dex is doing this show, and I'll be shocked if he doesn't get the flu and miss this one.  Dex is a TOP caliber guy, and they very rarely take risks at shows like these.  A Top shape dex could get 2nd or 3rd... and a soft dex gets 6th...  it's a no-win for Dex... if he doesn't get 1st, I'm betting he is missed in that first ASC callout...

Fouad Abiad
Grigori Atoyan
Robert Belisle
Evan Centopani
Stan Efferding
Wendell Floyd
Dan Hill
Dexter Jackson
Ben Pakulski
Ben White
Dennis Wolf

Unless Dex tears a muscle, I don't see him placing any lower than 2nd. Take the worst conditioning you've ever seen Dexter in and he's still better than Wolf and Abiad. Conditioning will not be an issue.

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2011, 04:03:31 AM »
Unless Dex tears a muscle, I don't see him placing any lower than 2nd. Take the worst conditioning you've ever seen Dexter in and he's still better than Wolf and Abiad. Conditioning will not be an issue.

Agreed. This is like a high school kid going back to pick on the public school kids. If Dex doesn't win, and these lesser guys beat him, he should hang it up -- obviously the judges want him out.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Re: DEXTER JACKSON visits PBW...Preparing for 14th Pro Title! (Listen Now)
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2011, 01:19:21 PM »

yeah, but BBing loves to reward guys who deliver their 'personal best' against a top guy who comes in at 90%.