Author Topic: Getbigger Van_Bilderass kicks Covids ass  (Read 3554 times)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
Re: Did getbigger Van_Bilderass get taken out by covid?
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2021, 06:36:08 AM »
Maybe he just got a life🤔

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2021, 10:48:18 AM »
Maybe he just got a life🤔
There is no life without Getbig.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2021, 12:24:01 PM »
Hey, I like this guy.

Hope he’s OK.

Fortress sends powerful vibes to wherever he is.

:)

Rusty Trombone

• Getbig IV

TheAnimal

• Getbig IV

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2021, 12:49:59 AM »
I was indeed almost taken out by Covid. I feel like they were a little bit quick to intubate me though - I was on a ventilator for 21 days. Almost exact same trajectory as my 2019 swine flu incident. Tiring process regaining walking ability and strength. 35lbs down.

Still in hospital, hope to be releleased shortly  :)

My training partner felt like death for 2 weeks and then just crappy for 6 weeks before he felt he was over it. I probably gave it to him. He refused to seek care.
I felt like shit first for over a week unable to eat but with no temperature. Then one day I had stopped answering my phone so my brother came in with his spare keys and found me delirious and called the ambulance. I'm 44 years old and death is rare from Covid but it's "real" for some people.

Getbig is blocked by the hospital wifi for nudity  :D

Thanks for the kind words bros.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2021, 12:53:35 AM »
Glad you are ok Van.

Phantom Spunker

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • Ze/Zir
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2021, 01:22:31 AM »
I was indeed almost taken out by Covid. I feel like they were a little bit quick to intubate me though - I was on a ventilator for 21 days. Almost exact same trajectory as my 2019 swine flu incident. Tiring process regaining walking ability and strength. 35lbs down.

My training partner felt like death for 2 weeks and then just crappy for 6 weeks before he felt he was over it. I probably gave it to him. He refused to seek care.
I felt like shit first for over a week unable to eat but with no temperature. Then one day I had stopped answering my phone so my brother came in with his spare keys and found me delirious and called the ambulance. I'm 44 years old and death is rare from Covid but it's "real" for some people.

Outed.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2021, 02:02:21 AM »
Glad you`re OK brother you had us thinking the worse case scenario for a bit there......not a pleasant way to think.

Here`s to a fast  recovery sir !!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2021, 02:03:16 AM »

It is wise to keep a bit of safety fat so that you don't lose too much weight when sick. Good to hear you are recovering.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2021, 02:42:40 AM »
It is wise to keep a bit of safety fat so that you don't lose too much weight when sick. Good to hear you are recovering.

I lost the muscle but kept the fat. Not quite but it was mostly muscle that went. Some nurse here said you lose 1% muscle per day on a ventilator. I'm going to take some before and after pics when I get home and start recovering my weoght and my test   :D I won't post them because I'm shy like that. I just want to see the visual difference. I tested my grip strength on a couple of machines here and it was half of thar of a "normal" man.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2021, 02:43:41 AM »

Glad you're OK - 3 weeks is a long time to be under!

Bet you're probably already planning your 'recovery meds program' to get those 35lbs back ;) ;D
T

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2021, 03:12:03 AM »
Outed.

Yeah, kinda strange having a “Training Partner” at 44. That said VB is a solid poster and glad to hear he is okay.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2021, 08:17:34 AM »

Yeah, kinda strange having a “Training Partner” at 44.

Is it really strange or even rare? We only train together on saturdays - we do deads. Deadlifting by yourself can be pretty miserable. I usually train with other friends on other days, although we all do our own programs and different bodyparts. We can still spot each other and talk shit between sets, you can still be hardcore doing that. Be a little social and then switch it on when it's time  :D I call all these dudes training partners.

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2021, 08:28:32 AM »

Safety fattm is the best safeguard against covid

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2021, 09:27:13 AM »
Is it really strange or even rare? We only train together on saturdays - we do deads. Deadlifting by yourself can be pretty miserable. I usually train with other friends on other days, although we all do our own programs and different bodyparts. We can still spot each other and talk shit between sets, you can still be hardcore doing that. Be a little social and then switch it on when it's time  :D I call all these dudes training partners.

Whatever. I don’t really care one way or the other. That said, from the official statistics in New York City, it’s very rare for someone your age to get hit as hard as you did with no underlying conditions.

Anecdotally, on a daily basis, I see multitudes of old, fat, broken pieces of shit who obviously have never given a moment’s thought to health and fitness yet somehow have managed to survive this plague.

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2021, 09:36:06 AM »
Get well soon, Van_Bilderass.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2021, 10:23:28 AM »
Glad to see you back, Van.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2021, 10:28:02 AM »
gee.. guess I wasn't too far off with my First Blood reference

sorry about that didn't know it was anything serious

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2021, 10:31:35 AM »

35lbs down.

Dusty Hanshaw thinks you should try harder, he had double the loss, but that's what makes him an IFBB pro -

P.S. - Glad you're ok.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2021, 10:34:20 AM »
Glad to hear...

Back up to 38 active members.  :D

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
  • Revenge is a dish best served ice cold
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2021, 11:16:20 AM »

Jesus H Christ! Damn! (God damn)!!
What a scarry and fucked up situation you just escaped Van!
As you can fell the love from here, its time to get strong, fast.
Good to see you on here again.
Take care Van and we see your Bilderass on here very soon, I hope.

Cheers, D.O.A.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2021, 11:23:17 AM »
Whatever. I don’t really care one way or the other. That said, from the official statistics in New York City, it’s very rare for someone your age to get hit as hard as you did with no underlying conditions.

Anecdotally, on a daily basis, I see multitudes of old, fat, broken pieces of shit who obviously have never given a moment’s thought to health and fitness yet somehow have managed to survive this plague.

I mean I agree. We only have less than 70 persons in the ICU att the moment. I have the underlying condition of left ventricular hypertrophy. In 2019 my heart, liver and kidneys were all failing at the same time and my temp was sky high but somehow I made it. This time all they said was they easily sucked phlegm out of my lungs. All organ values are normal this time, good blood oxygenation. No cough unlike last time.

I don't know if they put me under unnecessarily. I was begging them in the ambulance not to do it. Maybe they could have tried the Donald Trump treatment first with dexamethasone. Last time they put some type of mask on me first but it made me panic and they say no one can stand having tubes going down their throat while concious. The recovery process is a bitch,  it was only in the last couple of days I've been strong enough with enough motor control to type on my phone. I was ready to leave today but they say one more week.

They gave me a shitload of insulin, 40iu Tuejio (long acting lantus) and 30iu regular Lantus. Don't know the exact reason.

I too know morbidly obese people who barely felt sick. My aunt died early on of the pandemic and a friend of a friend died at 35. They took my brother in for observation for 3 days, just put a catheter on him, gave him paracetamol and told him not to move and things turned around.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2021, 11:31:09 AM »
Welcome back Van! Not even COVID can take you out. That's a testament to the effects of GetBig.

We've had members survive gunshot wounds, Advil overdoses, sexual assault from transsexuals, Synthol injection complications, cancer, HIV/AIDS, a spitting Derek Anthony and now COVID.

Glad to have you back up and running.

"1"

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2021, 01:51:57 PM »
I mean I agree. We only have less than 70 persons in the ICU att the moment. I have the underlying condition of left ventricular hypertrophy. In 2019 my heart, liver and kidneys were all failing at the same time and my temp was sky high but somehow I made it. This time all they said was they easily sucked phlegm out of my lungs. All organ values are normal this time, good blood oxygenation. No cough unlike last time.

I don't know if they put me under unnecessarily. I was begging them in the ambulance not to do it. Maybe they could have tried the Donald Trump treatment first with dexamethasone. Last time they put some type of mask on me first but it made me panic and they say no one can stand having tubes going down their throat while concious. The recovery process is a bitch,  it was only in the last couple of days I've been strong enough with enough motor control to type on my phone. I was ready to leave today but they say one more week.

They gave me a shitload of insulin, 40iu Tuejio (long acting lantus) and 30iu regular Lantus. Don't know the exact reason.

I too know morbidly obese people who barely felt sick. My aunt died early on of the pandemic and a friend of a friend died at 35. They took my brother in for observation for 3 days, just put a catheter on him, gave him paracetamol and told him not to move and things turned around.

Should have asked them for pharma grade HGH  ;D

Does this make you question heavy roid use and want to focus on health?