Author Topic: Carnivore Diet  (Read 53625 times)

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
Re: Carnivore Diet
« Reply #625 on: March 10, 2023, 07:53:28 PM »
I've been on the carnivore diet for almost 3 weeks now.

I'm struggling to maintain this with my work life and travel schedule.

But i do feel overall "lighter" and my skin is tight as hell.

Stomach was a mess for a few days, i think the raw milk did not work well for me. Insane diarrhea and intestinal problems. After drinking the raw milk my stomach would go nuts for 30-45 minutes, gurgling and generally making some crazy noises.

I mainly eat beef, eggs, bacon, chicken and fish. I don't like pork.

Make some marinates and sauces for the food myself.

I've been low carb for about 3 months before trying this. My energy levels are very low, but i'm hoping that changes at some point?

I don't think i can sustain this, but i want to try 60 days.

Problem is i travel out of town for several days every 2-3 weeks and also go on vacation to Mexico every month or two for a week. Spend 2 days a week in the field driving to job sites. I've just been bringing my food with me everywhere.

Everywhere i go i end up getting invited to lunch by a contractor or builder, and that makes this so challenging. And i generally can't tell people no because business development and client relations is essentially my job. Went to a Mexican place yesterday, just ate 2 pounds of chicken and beef fajitas. ;D

People think i'm nuts, but it's kind of cool i guess. Something new to try.
You have to eat fat and a lot of it, I'd recommend at least 70% of your calories coming from fat, the raw milk thing is just pre and post workout for me, but many can't tolerate dairy even if it's raw. Travel, this is literally the easiest diet ever, majority of restaurants have burgers/steak/eggs, bring some additional grass fed butter or Ghee and if you drink coffee throw a tablespoon of that in there with some full fat cream. But fat is essential. This is what I've been doing last few weeks.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #626 on: March 10, 2023, 08:04:59 PM »
You have to eat fat and a lot of it, I'd recommend at least 70% of your calories coming from fat, the raw milk thing is just pre and post workout for me, but many can't tolerate dairy even if it's raw. Travel, this is literally the easiest diet ever, majority of restaurants have burgers/steak/eggs, bring some additional grass fed butter or Ghee and if you drink coffee throw a tablespoon of that in there with some full fat cream. But fat is essential. This is what I've been doing last few weeks.

How do you prepare all that 80/20?

I ate ground beef for two days in a row and got sick to my stomach. Then had insane intestinal pain and constipation. ;D

Making some bone broth right now.

Give me a breakdown of a week-long diet.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #627 on: March 10, 2023, 08:19:37 PM »
How do you prepare all that 80/20?

I ate ground beef for two days in a row and got sick to my stomach. Then had insane intestinal pain and constipation. ;D

Making some bone broth right now.

Give me a breakdown of a week-long diet.
If you haven't been eating a good amount of fat then it will take awhile for your gallbladder to get used to it and produce adequate amounts of bile to process the fat, so taking betaine hcl will help with this. But I literally eat 4 meals of 1lb of ground beef a day currently. Previously I was doing
Meal 1: 6 whole Pasture raised eggs
Meal 2:  12oz grass fed ground beef
Meal 3: 10oz raw milk
Meal 4: 10oz raw milk
Meal 5: 12oz grass fed ground beef
Meal 6: 6 whole Pasture raised eggs

On Wed and Sunday I do cardio so I don't have the milk, so I add some bacon to my egg meals on those days.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #628 on: March 10, 2023, 08:41:40 PM »
When I was on a keto diet I never had more energy in my life.

Breakfast was always eggs and bacon

Lunch waa hamburger patties with cheese

A couple of shakes throughout the day with nut milk and heavy cream.

A couple of coffees with heavy cream

Snack was usually tuna fish with mayo

Dinner was usually salmon or steak

Occasionally if I needed variety I'd make tacos just with seasoned ground beef or ground turkey and cheese.

Another staple was pork rinds as a snack.

Beyond that the only other thing I consumed was water, ktatom and zero cal. Rockstars.

That was it. I found it easy to maintain for years. Fat just vanished from my body but I had an enormous ammount of energy so I was running a lot, jumping rope, boxing and I lost a bit of muscle too.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #629 on: March 10, 2023, 09:30:48 PM »
If you haven't been eating a good amount of fat then it will take awhile for your gallbladder to get used to it and produce adequate amounts of bile to process the fat, so taking betaine hcl will help with this. But I literally eat 4 meals of 1lb of ground beef a day currently. Previously I was doing
Meal 1: 6 whole Pasture raised eggs
Meal 2:  12oz grass fed ground beef
Meal 3: 10oz raw milk
Meal 4: 10oz raw milk
Meal 5: 12oz grass fed ground beef
Meal 6: 6 whole Pasture raised eggs

On Wed and Sunday I do cardio so I don't have the milk, so I add some bacon to my egg meals on those days.

Thanks, I'm doing something similar. I bought 150 pounds of beef from a local rancher/butcher last year.

Meal 1 - 8 scrambled eggs and 4 bacon strips.
Meal 2 - 16oz of 80/20 ground beef. Made as burgers or meat loaf.
Meal 3 - 12oz raw milk. Pre-workout.
Meal 4 - 12oz raw milk. Post-workout.
Meal 5 - Two Ribeyes or Three fish fillets, typically salmon.
Meal 6 - This one is hit or miss, don't always eat late. But usually 4-5 eggs scrambled and some leftover scraps of ribeye.

I'll give it some time to adjust.

It's hard to explain, but i feel "lighter" on my feet and when moving around, less sluggish but energy is really low.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #630 on: March 10, 2023, 09:34:37 PM »

Occasionally if I needed variety I'd make tacos just with seasoned ground beef or ground turkey and cheese.

Beyond that the only other thing I consumed was water, ktatom and zero cal. Rockstars.

That was it. I found it easy to maintain for years. Fat just vanished from my body but I had an enormous ammount of energy so I was running a lot, jumping rope, boxing and I lost a bit of muscle too.

Yeah, i've been doing Keto and intermittent fasting off and on for 10 years. Typically had good energy levels once i'm 30-45 days in.

I stay around 8-10% BF most of the year.

Dairy messes with my stomach bad.

I'm doing more long range hiking, mountain biking and climbing.

But i lift weights 2-3 days a week.

Only taking 50mg Test C every 3 days.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #631 on: March 11, 2023, 05:03:16 AM »

I've been low carb for about 3 months before trying this. My energy levels are very low, but i'm hoping that changes at some point?

You are not consuming enough fat or enough sodium. 

Done right, a very low carb diet will make you feel very high energy all day long.

You have to drink plenty of water too. I drink over 80 ounces a day.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #632 on: March 11, 2023, 07:59:36 AM »

That's a solid meal plan right there, good variety,  simple and effective.

Done right, a very low carb diet will make you feel very high energy all day long.

I'd recommend drinking when thirsty on a keto/carnivore diet, more water doesn't equal more hydration, the more you drink the more you urinate out your minerals, so monitor your urine you want it to be faint yellow, if it's clear you're drinking too much water, if it's dark yellow you're dehydrated and need more water/electrolytes.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #633 on: March 11, 2023, 09:21:37 AM »
I'd recommend drinking when thirsty on a keto/carnivore diet, more water doesn't equal more hydration, the more you drink the more you urinate out your minerals, so monitor your urine you want it to be faint yellow, if it's clear you're drinking too much water, if it's dark yellow you're dehydrated and need more water/electrolytes.

That does work for some people, but not for everybody.

I've been on a meat heavy, keto diet consistently for over 3 years.  If I drink only when I'm thirsty, I end up drinking too little and I start suffering symptoms of mild dehydration: muscle cramps, dizziness, digestive issues, etc.

Consuming enough sodium helps your body absorb and retain water, which means less urination an less mineral loss.

I take one pocket of LMNT a day, and supplement Magnesium Glycinate.  The rest of my sodium, potassium and magnesium come from food.

Maybe the reason my body requires 88 ounces water daily is because I don't drink tap water, milk, coffee, tea, or diet sodas.

About half the fluid I drink daily is purified, seltzer water plus distilled water with LMNT.  The other half is plain distilled water.  I've been drinking distilled water for over 4 years.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #634 on: March 11, 2023, 09:23:12 AM »
Keto - remember, loco is also mexican so he lives in a desert.

He needs to drink more.
Y

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #635 on: March 11, 2023, 09:28:44 AM »
Keto - remember, loco is also mexican so he lives in a desert.

He needs to drink more.

The Keto Kid is Mexican?   :D

Nothing wrong with that.  He drinks raw milk too.  That counts as fluid intake.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #636 on: March 11, 2023, 09:29:35 AM »

Lol, poor wording on my part.

Unless he actually is.

Then I apologize.
Y

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #637 on: March 11, 2023, 09:41:25 AM »
Interesting thread......making me think,which is a rare thing for me.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #638 on: March 11, 2023, 10:09:12 AM »
That does work for some people, but not for everybody.

I've been on a meat heavy, keto diet consistently for over 3 years.  If I drink only when I'm thirsty, I end up drinking too little and I start suffering symptoms of mild dehydration: muscle cramps, dizziness, digestive issues, etc.

Consuming enough sodium helps your body absorb and retain water, which means less urination an less mineral loss.

I take one pocket of LMNT a day, and supplement Magnesium Glycinate.  The rest of my sodium, potassium and magnesium come from food.

Maybe the reason my body requires 88 ounces water daily is because I don't drink tap water, milk, coffee, tea, or diet sodas.

About half the fluid I drink daily is purified, seltzer water plus distilled water with LMNT.  The other half is plain distilled water.  I've been drinking distilled water for over 4 years.
Obviously we're all different, if you're cramping, dizzy, etc..Obviously you're dehydration, everyone regardless of diet just needs to monitor their urine, that's that will be the tell tale sign if you're hydrated or not.

I'm not Mexican, I'm actually Italian. Yes raw milk is more hydrating then water.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #639 on: March 11, 2023, 10:51:57 AM »
Obviously we're all different, if you're cramping, dizzy, etc..Obviously you're dehydration, everyone regardless of diet just needs to monitor their urine, that's that will be the tell tale sign if you're hydrated or not.
I'm not Mexican, I'm actually Italian. Yes raw milk is more hydrating then water.

If it wasn't for the carbs and calories, I'd replace water with milk an drink it all day.   :)

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #640 on: March 11, 2023, 11:04:58 AM »
I've been on the carnivore diet for almost 3 weeks now.

I'm struggling to maintain this with my work life and travel schedule.

But i do feel overall "lighter" and my skin is tight as hell.

Stomach was a mess for a few days, i think the raw milk did not work well for me. Insane diarrhea and intestinal problems. After drinking the raw milk my stomach would go nuts for 30-45 minutes, gurgling and generally making some crazy noises.

I mainly eat beef, eggs, bacon, chicken and fish. I don't like pork.

Make some marinates and sauces for the food myself.

I don't think i can sustain this, but i want to try 60 days.

Problem is i travel out of town for several days every 2-3 weeks and also go on vacation to Mexico every month or two for a week. Spend 2 days a week in the field driving to job sites. I've just been bringing my food with me everywhere.

Everywhere i go i end up getting invited to lunch by a contractor or builder, and that makes this so challenging. And i generally can't tell people no because business development and client relations is essentially my job. Went to a Mexican place yesterday, just ate 2 pounds of chicken and beef fajitas. ;D

People think i'm nuts, but it's kind of cool i guess. Something new to try.

Tell people you have one of Bhanky's diseases (pick one) and you're doctor says you can only eat meat.

:D

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #641 on: March 11, 2023, 11:08:07 AM »
It's helpful for those on keto or carnivore to list what they eat daily.

Usually I eat this:

Meal one:
4-5 eggs fried in lard.
Bacon or sausage

Shake:
3-4 raw eggs
4 tbls heavy cream or halfnhalf
1 tbls olive oil
2 tbls natural peanut butter
1 tbls unsweetend coca powder

Dinner:
Meat
Salad or green vegetable

Peanuts occasionally but they bother me if I eat too many.
Cheese occasionally (no carb).

On the weekend I sometimes have a couple bagels.

3-4 mugs coffee with halfnhalf

Fast about 14-18 hours between last meal and next day.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #642 on: March 11, 2023, 12:05:21 PM »

I've had great energy with low carb and intermittent fasting over the years.

I drink 4 liters of water a day and diet Dr Pepper or coffee twice a day.

Sodium is probably low and i can easily fix that, but for more fat intake i guess i need more dairy?

The problem is dairy gives me insane intestinal issues.

And i can get legit dairy from a local farm, so it's not the processed crap.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #643 on: March 11, 2023, 12:09:55 PM »

Sodium is probably low and i can easily fix that, but for more fat intake i guess i need more dairy?

Just eat whole eggs cooked in butter or ghee, fatty red meat (ribeye, chuck, high fat ground beef, throw some butter/full fat cream in your coffee, you'll easily get the fat you need.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #644 on: March 11, 2023, 02:47:44 PM »
Just eat whole eggs cooked in butter or ghee, fatty red meat (ribeye, chuck, high fat ground beef, throw some butter/full fat cream in your coffee, you'll easily get the fat you need.

Ghee is my next purchase.  Costco sell a big f'n tub of it for like $20.
Y

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #645 on: March 11, 2023, 04:08:02 PM »

I'll try the butter/cream in coffee.

I've been eating enough eggs and fatty meat to feed a family of 5. ;D

Just got some nice grass fed salted butter today.

I'll try the ghee stuff at some point.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #646 on: March 12, 2023, 01:31:06 AM »
I'll try the butter/cream in coffee.

I've been eating enough eggs and fatty meat to feed a family of 5. ;D

Just got some nice grass fed salted butter today.

I'll try the ghee stuff at some point.
Salted butter is delicious. :P

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #647 on: March 12, 2023, 04:39:45 AM »

No.  My diet is probably 70% fat, and I consume very little dairy.

This.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #648 on: March 12, 2023, 07:34:49 PM »
No.  My diet is probably 70% fat, and I consume very little dairy.

This.

I've added heavy cream and more butter in.

Had lots of 80/20 ground beef and ribeyes over the weekend, no fish. Lots of eggs.

I'll give it more time, still having explosive/violent diarrhea.  ;D

Maybe just need time for my body to adjust.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #649 on: March 12, 2023, 07:36:21 PM »
Salted butter is delicious. :P

It's amazing.

Also, the heavy cream and butter in coffee is outstanding.