Getbig Bodybuilding Boards > Training Q&A

Leg Presses

(1/3) > >>

AbrahamG:
I think after years of training I've accidentally discovered that leg presses just don't do ANYTHING for me.  Perhaps it's a structural thing.  All I know is I'm not wasting my time with them ever again.

Here is the scenario:

After being out of the gym for about 5 weeks I finally was able to start training last week.  By the time leg day arrived it had been nearly 6 weeks since I trained them.  This was my 1st leg workout.

Leg extensions - 3 sets 15-12
Leg presses - 4 sets 12-8
Lying leg curls - 3 sets 10-8
Seated leg curls - 3 sets 12-10
Seated calf raises
Leg press calf raises

The next day?  Not a single hint of soreness whatsoever.  Mind you I'm on absolutely nothing.  Not even Cell Tech.  Every other body part I trained got sore the next day and lasted a couple days.

I went through the cycle again this week.  Everything was sore the next day.  Yesterday was leg day.  I did the following:

Hack squats 4x10-6
Leg extensions 3x15-12
Leg curls 3x10-8
Stiff leg deads 2x10
Calves

Today?  My fucking legs are aching like a mother fucker.  Every step I take I can feel it.  In a good way though.  This seals it for me.  The leg press is a waste of my time.  Maybe not for the next guy but for me?  I'll never do them again. 

IroNat:
Those 2" range of motion leg presses you do are a waste of time.

AbrahamG:

--- Quote from: IroNat on May 27, 2022, 04:41:37 AM ---Those 2" range of motion leg presses you do are a waste of time.

--- End quote ---

Maybe I should go 3-4"?

IroNat:

--- Quote from: AbrahamG on May 27, 2022, 09:01:22 AM ---Maybe I should go 3-4"?

--- End quote ---

I'm kidding you but many do them like that.

I'll bet your range of motion on the hacks was greater so you got sore.

AbrahamG:

--- Quote from: IroNat on May 27, 2022, 10:22:37 AM ---I'm kidding you but many do them like that.

I'll bet your range of motion on the hacks was greater so you got sore.

--- End quote ---

Rock bottom on hacks. On presses my knees touch my chest or armpits depending on foot position. Not training legs for so long, they should have been sore from presses. Think I've wasted years of my life doing them. Plus, they can't be doing my lower back too many favors.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version