Author Topic: A New Bed  (Read 2638 times)

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
Re: A New Bed
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2021, 06:45:33 AM »
The mattress industry is right up there with the supplement industry

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2021, 06:46:59 AM »
I have the Purple 3 bed.  At first I couldn't sleep in it.  Was wide away but had zero hip or shoulder pains but after a couple of week I am loving it.  You missed out on some killer Black Friday sales they had.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2021, 07:22:04 AM »
Anyone that buys a mattress from Costco say they are happy with the mattress. They are cheap too compared to the rip offs of luxury mattress stores. There are hundreds of mattress companies but truth be told most are manufactured in the same two factories. They slap different labels on them. Just like the different whey protein products that source their whey from the same companies.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2021, 10:37:25 AM »
Anyone that buys a mattress from Costco say they are happy with the mattress. They are cheap too compared to the rip offs of luxury mattress stores. There are hundreds of mattress companies but truth be told most are manufactured in the same two factories. They slap different labels on them. Just like the different whey protein products that source their whey from the same companies.

I've heard this as well.  Regarding both the Costco and the whey comments. 

Costco is actually gaining a great reputation for "their" products that are made by other companies.  From mattresses to vitamins to hearing aids, their customers seem to be very happy.

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2021, 10:38:39 AM »
I’d pitch in to buy this rancid old phaggot a deathbed.

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2021, 10:44:26 AM »
I was in Vegas and knew I was leaving for NC in like a month

had to get a bed to sleep on for 4 weeks

went to Walmart and purchased a memory foam mattress for a few hundred bucks - it was in a box that had a handle and wheels

rolled the sombitch right out to my car and it fit in the backseat of the Altima

thing was mint, just threw it on the floor but my shoulders and hips loosened up - I was sleeping in the king size soft ass mattress staying with this female , made my shoulders all tight prob had dents in it from the onlyfans content

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2021, 10:54:28 AM »
Prime, I would recommend this bed to you. You're welcome!

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2021, 10:57:53 AM »
Why not? They're not cheap though at about $3 to $4 G's.
Just bought the tempurpedic breeze 5k. Are you poor?
T

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2021, 11:58:07 AM »
Mattress industry is a scam. You can't really tell if the mattress is comfortable from lying on it for 15 minutes. You could try seeing what mattress in a hotel but they change their names.

See if you can find a guy to make you one. They do make custom mattresses for less than most commercial ones and will adjust springs etc. Most places will be happy to talk your ear off about the mattress details as well.

It is a shame one can't identify the manufacturer of mattresses in fine Hotels. Some are extremely comfortable. As for the 15 minute tryout, I agree with you. Many companies are allowing returns and exchanges for up to 100 days. Unfortunately, most of us don't take advantage of this because it's a bit of a hassle. It also doesn't account for the fact that some mattresses don't break down for several years. I was surprised to look up the invoice on the one I currently have and find out it is only 8 years old. It been broken down for several years. Even my 13 lb. Rat Terrier leaves a dent in it after sleeping in the same spot of a couple of hours. The pillow top seems to have lost it's loft.

Having one made is a great idea. Wouldn't the components still be similar? How many different types of mattresses are there? There are the standard spring with padding type, hybrid with foam padding, Latex and all foam mattresses. Other than that, if someone wanted a special size, custom would be the way to go.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2021, 12:02:31 PM »
I have the Purple 3 bed.  At first I couldn't sleep in it.  Was wide away but had zero hip or shoulder pains but after a couple of week I am loving it.  You missed out on some killer Black Friday sales they had.

If I wait a month or so, there will be other good sales. Around the holidays, people tend to not buy big ticket items. Traditionally furniture sales are in January. Like with so many things, black Friday has become a joke where people think they are getting a deal because they are told so and not because actually are.

I've been checking out the Purple, if you read people's reviews, they are pretty mixed.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2021, 12:08:21 PM »

I've been checking Costco's website. Their TempurPedic mattresses are not cheap. However, it has been my experience that products made for Costco actually tend to be better quality than the same brands in stores. One thing about TempurPedic is that with some of models you wait 90 days for delivery. They must not manufacture the mattress until it is ordered.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2021, 12:09:19 PM »
I’d pitch in to buy this rancid old phaggot a deathbed.

I'll pass....but thanks for the offer.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2021, 12:09:59 PM »
If I wait a month or so, there will be other good sales. Around the holidays, people tend to not buy big ticket items. Traditionally furniture sales are in January. Like with so many things, black Friday has become a joke where people think they are getting a deal because they are told so and not because actually are.

I've been checking out the Purple, if you read people's reviews, they are pretty mixed.

Please provide a mattress review, or any product, that doesn’t have mixed reviews. And buy that.

You asked for advice, on a site you daily interact with people on, multiple people offered mattresses that they’ve purchased and like and you tell them what the google reviews you read say.

This behavior is why many dislike you here.

You don’t really want advice, you want Getbig to know you’re looking for a new mattress. We don’t care.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2021, 12:12:22 PM »
Prime, I would recommend this bed to you. You're welcome!

Noting against Tbombz, but I prefer to sleep alone. He seems like a person who snores and makes stinky farts in bed.  ;D

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2021, 12:15:25 PM »
I sleep in the dirt.
a

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2021, 12:21:54 PM »
Just bought the tempurpedic breeze 5k. Are you poor?

Not poor, just cheap. Add to the price of that mattress, I want an adjustable base (like a hospital bed)...maybe with massage. And since I am going from a king to a queen mattress, I need a new bed to put it on. The one I like from Room and Board is almost $3K. So yeah, this is turning into a $10K purchase by the time I get all the components.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2021, 12:46:27 PM »
It is a shame one can't identify the manufacturer of mattresses in fine Hotels. Some are extremely comfortable. As for the 15 minute tryout, I agree with you. Many companies are allowing returns and exchanges for up to 100 days. Unfortunately, most of us don't take advantage of this because it's a bit of a hassle. It also doesn't account for the fact that some mattresses don't break down for several years. I was surprised to look up the invoice on the one I currently have and find out it is only 8 years old. It been broken down for several years. Even my 13 lb. Rat Terrier leaves a dent in it after sleeping in the same spot of a couple of hours. The pillow top seems to have lost it's loft.

Having one made is a great idea. Wouldn't the components still be similar? How many different types of mattresses are there? There are the standard spring with padding type, hybrid with foam padding, Latex and all foam mattresses. Other than that, if someone wanted a special size, custom would be the way to go.

With a 15-20% "restocking fee" and another fee for them to come pick the mattress up.  Like I said in an earlier post, my gf just went through this 5 weeks ago.  AmEx loves her and let Macy's know right it it was going back for a full refund or else she was getting rid of it herself and still getting a full refund back with a chargeback by them.  Most cc wouldn't have stepped up like this. 

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2021, 12:52:15 PM »
Noting against Tbombz, but I prefer to sleep alone. He seems like a person snores and makes stinky farts in bed.  ;D

duly noted  :)

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2021, 12:59:39 PM »
Not poor, just cheap. Add to the price of that mattress, I want an adjustable base (like a hospital bed)...maybe with massage. And since I am going from a king to a queen mattress, I need a new bed to put it on. The one I like from Room and Board is almost $3K. So yeah, this is turning into a $10K purchase by the time I get all the components.

I like Room and Board, have a couch from them. The Tempurpedic I bought is a king and does not have the adjustable base, 5k. We have a 90 day return time, not going to return.
T

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2021, 01:06:17 PM »
Noting against Tbombz, but I prefer to sleep alone. He seems like a person snores and makes stinky farts in bed.  ;D

You are deterred by the snoring and farting but not by the fact he’s a fag with aids?

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2021, 02:06:27 PM »

Many different types. Most people like memory foam mattresses but I don't sleep well on them. If you want the adjustable incline etc then an independent manufacturer probably isn't the way to go. If you want a traditional inner spring coil mattress I'd definitely go with a custom built one. Just look them up and go to their factory/warehouse. They'll talk your ear off about all the different types, gauges of wire they use to make the coils and all that, and they'll make one to suit you. I've had serta/sterns foster/memory foam and all that before and this custom one for half the price that I have now sleeps better than the others. For memory foam types I can't recommend anything because I don't sleep well on any of them.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2021, 02:15:55 PM »
Memory foam is the worst. You're sleeping on a sponge. Ain't nobody got time for that.

SexyCustomSynthesis250

• Getbig II
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2021, 02:33:28 PM »
It is a shame one can't identify the manufacturer of mattresses in fine Hotels. Some are extremely comfortable. As for the 15 minute tryout, I agree with you. Many companies.....snip

Jesus fucking christ, either use jewgle or just email the hotel, many hotels actually have a sideline selling beds.

Here, for starters:

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/best-hotel-beds-where-to-buy/index.html

I personally use a very firm Hypnos mattress as found in IHG hotels around the world.

Hope this helps, just try not to destroy it with shit stains, semen and anal parasites during an evening of cock craving madness with your fellow benders

:o

With Good Nutrition, ...Good Things Happen!
This posting is © by
Dan Duchaine, 2006

strgth

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2021, 02:43:08 PM »
I’d pitch in to buy this rancid old phaggot a deathbed used bed.

Outed.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2021, 03:06:11 PM »
You are deterred by the snoring and farting but not by the fact he’s a fag with aids?

I'm not because it isn't relevant. What difference does his sexual preference, which I believe is bisexual, and the fact that he has HIV, likely undetectable, make to me? I am not interested in sexual relations with him nor I suspect is he with me.