Author Topic: Basic Nutritional Information  (Read 111727 times)

Gottastayfit

• Getbig II
  • Obsessed is how the lazy describe the dedicated.
Re: Bodybuilding Foods
« Reply #75 on: August 25, 2005, 07:22:30 AM »
"Why doesnt Americans bodybuilders dont eat Horse meat? "

Umm let me see...maybe because it's unheard of in the US. That's as bad as eating dogs / cats...sick!

"i heard tiger is high in protein, and the taste is comparable to bobcat"

What is wrong with you people? Eat beef, chicken, pork, fish...there's plenty to go around. Leave horses and tigers and bobcats and bears the hell alone!  >:(
Patricia

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #76 on: August 25, 2005, 08:54:47 PM »
We have allot of Buffalo here in Hawaii.  Very good.  On Kauai they have a burger stand that only sells buffalo burgers.  They are unreal.

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #77 on: September 02, 2005, 01:29:48 AM »
talapia is almost always farm raised, which makes it shit in my book.  Same with farm raised salmon.  Grass fed beef, buffalo, sushi, oatmeal was not on the list. Ham is garbage.  Full of preservatives.

irocktheyellow

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2005, 08:32:33 PM »
What about a good protein bar ( i like met-rx) offseason ofcourse. And i usually put cheese on my sandwich and yogurt is awesome!

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: November 05, 2005, 06:26:33 AM »
What about plain yogurt?  Its high in protein and low calorie.  I usually eat one or two tablespoons right before I go to bed.

Wow one or two tablespoons!  Man you better ease up  ;D

Plain yogurt is great, active cultures.

Sculpter

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #80 on: November 05, 2005, 07:30:09 PM »
onlyme posted w/the animal I was gonna mention.I have heard that buffalo is very good but never tried it myself. Is there any meat that you can compare the taste to onlyme?BTW, dunno if it was mentioned but (ugh!!) liver is a great bb'ing food nutrient wise.

migizi

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #81 on: November 23, 2005, 08:48:43 AM »
I think the weirdest protein I've eaten is a turducken. it's  a turkey stuffed with a duck and stuffed in the duck is chicken breast meat and stuffing in between each layer of meat,,,it was bizarre but good, the fat from the duck seeped into the chicken. 

suckmymuscle

« Reply #82 on: December 03, 2005, 09:20:01 AM »
Proteins:
Turkey
Lean Ham
Tuna
Boneless / Skinless Chicken Breast
Eggs
Lean Beef
Cottage Cheese
Skim Milk
Steak
Lean ground beef
Turkey bacon
Tilapia
Catfish
Nutlettes Cereal
Powerbutter
Cod

Carbs:
Oatmeal
Bananas
Rice cakes
Sweet Potatoes (yams)
Brown Rice
Wheat Bread
Red Russet Potatoes
Grits
Whole Wheat Tortillas
Kidney Beans
Butter Beans
Black Eyed Peas

Fats:
Natural Peanut butter
Olive Oil
Flaxseed oil
Fish Oil
Almonds

Vegetables:
Lettuce
Broccoli
Green Beans
Spinach
Asparagus
Zucchini
Carrots

Supplements, Vitamins, and Minerals:
Protein Powder
Glutamine
BCAA
Creeatine
Vitamin E
Vitamin C
Multi-Vitamin
Zinc
Bottled water (Purified is best)

Thanks to all who put in ideas for a Bodybuilder Grocery List and to stayhungry for the idea.  If I missed anything you are all welcome to add to the list.

Several of the items, you mentioned, are wrong. Some of them have a high glycemic index, others have incomplete proteins and others, still, are too processed to qualify as true bodybuilding foods.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

furn

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Basic Nutritional Information
« Reply #83 on: December 04, 2005, 06:49:51 AM »
Yes but that would be your STARTING POINT.  You should reduce your calories by about 150 each week until you are finished dieting.  Personally I would go higher in protein and lower in carbs.

Hi!

I don't understand how that work...could you explain please?  I mean, you reduce by 150 which way, i mean, how many carb/pro/fat do you cut?  And habitually how many time last a cutting phase?  Is there a limit of time to respect ...or i don't know ???....well thank you for your help!!

Have a good day!

dmorgan41178

• Getbig II
  • Big Big Big!!!
« Reply #84 on: December 06, 2005, 11:54:31 AM »
USDA Nutritive Value of Foods

http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/Data/HG72/hg72_2002.pdf

aweesome adobe reference that you can print or save on computer
Gonna Beat Em'

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #85 on: December 12, 2005, 07:49:13 AM »
How much rice should one eat. And what the hell are rice cakes are they good.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: January 13, 2006, 01:57:22 PM »
yeah! rice cakes are awesome...you can get em flavored or plain and wholegrain too! they are low fat low carb and low calorie snacks you can put some peanut butter on em too!
bodybuildersreality.com

chrisg

• Getbig II
  • "No! Try not! Do! Or do not. There is no try."
« Reply #87 on: April 07, 2006, 10:17:44 AM »
No doubt distilled is bad...There are no minerals in distilled water, causing it to remove electrolytes from your body when you consume it.  Purified water, made by a filtration process, does have minerals and is good for you.  There is a big difference between the two.  Distilled water can be used if you need to detoxify for some reason.  Besides removing good minerals and electrolytes from the body, it also can remove certain toxins.  It should only be consumed for short periods if this is your intent.

I like the list of foods.  It is similar to what I consume on a daily basis.

What is Brita water considered? Is that more like distilled water or purified water? I know it gets rid of bad stuff. And I've always been more worried cuz where I live now we get well water. I've been drinking that stuff for years. To think that it's been removing minerals and electrolytes from my body would suck big time.
P.R.: ate four lbs p-butter in 3 days

Phosphate bond

• Getbig I
Re:Newbie Do's and Don'ts
« Reply #88 on: April 10, 2006, 05:20:32 AM »
Meat does not contain efa's.  I think you ment fresh fish.

It does have EFAs (arachidonic acid, DHA (omega 3), linoleic acid) but these days domesticated cattle has  more saturated fat than the polyunsaturates you are thinking about. Wild cattle and pigs are different.

Udo Erasmus's book has some really suprising info on this. If anyone wants the page number I'll be happy to get it for you (I just don't have the book in front of me right now)

AMNIMAL

• Getbig II
  • IRON addict for LIFE
« Reply #89 on: April 15, 2006, 08:46:28 PM »
Venison, correct me if I'm wrong, has the highest protien content of any wild game meat. Elk and Buffalo meat also is high in protein and tastes just like beef.

A addition is indeed warrented if I say so myself...I believe MOOSE matches Elk and "Tatonka" for being an excellent source of protien. I have cooked moose hamberger before and had to mix in regular ground beef so it would not crumble. Eskimo pie is also very cold.....

Beener

• Getbig IV
« Reply #90 on: April 25, 2006, 08:37:41 PM »
talapia is almost always farm raised, which makes it shit in my book.  Same with farm raised salmon.  Grass fed beef, buffalo, sushi, oatmeal was not on the list. Ham is garbage.  Full of preservatives.

Yes i hate farm raised fish. so unhealthy. i try to stay away from farm raised beef, pork, and lamb too.

i'm full of shit, btw, farm raised fish is fine.

Iron_Fist

• Getbig I
« Reply #91 on: May 31, 2006, 10:06:23 PM »
Great stuff where did you get all this info? I've been doing a lot of research on the net but theres so many opinions.  I've come across this site called TrainersBible.com and they have some great material.  Could anyone check it out and let me know if it's a reliable resource? DMG, your insight was very helpful.  Thanks!

BigIronMike25

« Reply #92 on: June 20, 2006, 08:01:27 AM »
Kroger's CARB MASTERS  yogurt should definitely go in the protein list....

one 6oz cup =  80cals......12G pro.....only 3g sugar ....1.5g Fat......and tastes like a real dessert!!!!!!

Superman

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #93 on: June 21, 2006, 02:20:10 PM »
Yogurt is a great source of protein.

bicepsforyou

• Getbig II
« Reply #94 on: August 01, 2006, 10:01:41 AM »
Boron (for Bones)
Boron Is a mineral that is important for calcium absorption. For women, this mineral seems to play an important role in enhancing the activity of estrogen cells, which is important for the formation of strong bones.
Boron can be found in grapes, pears, apples, peas, broccoli, peanuts and raisins.

Nelson
"Mystery Is Life"

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #95 on: August 17, 2006, 01:58:11 PM »
Still not seeing Brewers Yeast and Wheat germ on the list, both of which belong.  Pasta if at all should be Barilla Plus (egg white protein added/high fiber).

efirkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #96 on: August 31, 2006, 12:18:39 PM »
Not one fruit made the list.  How about apples?

Also, more vegetables should be added like brussel sprouts, beet greens, collards, tomatoes

trout - one of my favorites

and chile can be a perfect food with lots of flavor

bicepsforyou

• Getbig II
« Reply #97 on: September 07, 2006, 03:46:41 AM »
What about orange juice.
"Mystery Is Life"

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #98 on: September 07, 2006, 07:52:36 AM »
What about orange juice.

I don't agree. Fructose, high calorie content, little benefit from a bodybuilding perspective that can't be achieved with a vitamin.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Re: Favorite Products for this Lifestyle
« Reply #99 on: September 10, 2006, 08:38:02 PM »

: