Author Topic: Sample Bulking/Cutting Diets  (Read 199939 times)

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
Re: Sample Bulking/Cutting Diets
« Reply #100 on: December 18, 2007, 10:09:32 AM »
I am all for the protein diet and cardo workout; however; I just can't break away from a hot cup (3 actually) of dark rich coffee with 2 teaspoons of sugar and a splash of whole milk... additionally, as now in the winter down season, I really enjoy 2 cups of Hot Chocoloate with a pinch of cinnmon.. killer for the diet..but man it tastes good..any suggestions as a supplement?

that adds what, maybe 150 kcals.  You can handle that

chinchillables

• Getbig I
« Reply #101 on: July 08, 2008, 10:03:56 AM »
The plans you have set look nice, but look time consuming to prepare. Having to do all that each day seems it'd be annoying. I think that's my biggest problem... I get tired of same foods and am lazy at preparing it, to where I rather just eat whatever and be done. I have a ridiculous metabolism though, so I can eat pretty much 9000 calories a day, it all just burns away though and even if I gain 50 pounds over night, i'll be back my regular size by morning. it's good, but it sucks cause I wanna be a little bigger then let that kick in.  :'( :'( :-[ :-[

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #102 on: July 17, 2008, 02:05:56 AM »
Please critique this cutting diet

Meal 1- Whey protein shake
Meal 2- Two cans of tuna
Meal 3- Salad with 4 hard boiled eggs
Meal 4- Chicken breast and broccoli
Meal 5- Cottage cheese   

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
« Reply #103 on: July 17, 2008, 06:52:54 AM »

Meal 2- Two cans of tuna
Meal 5- Cottage cheese   

You must be one of those people who think ctting out carbs is good for bodybuilders... oh brother  ::)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #104 on: July 17, 2008, 08:04:15 AM »
You must be one of those people who think ctting out carbs is good for bodybuilders... oh brother  ::)

I think it's good for losing fat, but not building muscle.  That's why I said "cutting diet." 

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #105 on: July 31, 2008, 07:47:47 PM »

Meal 2- Two cans of tuna
Meal 5- Cottage cheese   

thats pretty much how bb'ers in the 70's and 80's dieted. So id say it works. Is it your best option? Probably not. But will it work. YES!

**Id put some fats with  your first meal though, maybe mix two raw eggs in the shake or a tablespoon of peanut butter.

CHEVEN

• Getbig II
« Reply #106 on: October 18, 2008, 05:28:58 PM »
I think it's good for losing fat, but not building muscle.  That's why I said "cutting diet." 
It won't be cutting fat, just muscle.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #107 on: August 21, 2009, 01:38:02 PM »

Meal 2- Two cans of tuna
Meal 5- Cottage cheese   

Not bad, but there's a lot of pollution in the canned tuna fish. Also, you might want to consider switching from whole eggs to egg whites

Rickyboy

• Getbig II
« Reply #108 on: July 11, 2011, 02:45:41 PM »
DMG, why is there a lack of veg in the bulking diet?

nikinizor

• Getbig II
« Reply #109 on: October 18, 2011, 11:54:08 AM »
great post...i start cutting next week...I have cut before but just natural...this time am using winni, dbol, equi, and drostanzo...just wondering if I could get some feedback on whether I need to up the portions on the sample diet or basically stay with whats there....just don't want to 'underfeed'! btw I am 250lbs... thanks!!

eatbiglifthard

• Getbig I
« Reply #110 on: December 24, 2011, 01:28:37 PM »
Do you want to consume that many carbs when cutting? I'm about to start cutting and weight just over two bills, would like to use this.

tiat

• Getbig I
« Reply #111 on: August 24, 2012, 10:21:34 PM »
This is mentioned a'lot great post but dont you need three protein an carb only meals with min 10grams fat an then three protein an fat meals with min 10grams carbs.cos thats wat i read.just asking
tiat

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #112 on: September 01, 2012, 10:41:06 AM »

Advertising and solicitation is not allowed on this or any board on getbig.
Your posts have been deleted.
:

The Iron19

• Getbig II
« Reply #113 on: February 11, 2013, 08:38:38 AM »
Thank you for the meal plan

Quick question, when preparing rice the amounts here are they supposed to be for the uncooked weight correct? Since it grows if i want one cup of lets say jasmine rice. One cup uncooked equals to two cooked when i am actually serving it to eat correct?

Thanks for the replies in advance

dooman

• Getbig I
  • Wade into the quiet of the stream....
« Reply #114 on: July 21, 2014, 04:47:32 PM »
DMG. Re the cutting diet for a 200lb male, is this total body weight OR lean body weight?
Further, re the oz meat measurements, are the cooked or raw meat measurement prior to cooking?

Baras

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #115 on: October 15, 2020, 04:46:27 PM »
utting out sugar refers to added sugar, which is typically sucrose. Theoretically, a person can get super lean even while consuming large amounts of added sugar, as long as the calories and protein intake are accounted for. This does not mean that this is practical and is probably not healthy.

We also get sugar from fruits, vegetables and milk (lactose). The reason why we shouldn’t worry about sugar from these sources is that these fruits and vegetables also contain micronutrients and fiber. Milk also contains protein. These food sources are also satiating. Eating plenty of fruit and vegetables will help you stay full while dieting.

The 3 main issues with table sugar while dieting are:

High palatability: Sugar is very easy to over consume.
High caloric density: Pure sugar is almost pure carbohydrate by weight. 1 tbsp of sugar has almost 50 calories. 1 serving of broccoli (150 grams) also has 50 calories.
Lack of micronutrients: Pure sugar is not a source of vitamins and minerals.
Low satiety: Sugar is not filling, even though it has calories. Since hunger is a big issue while dieting, making sure to stick to more satiating foods is a good strategy. Learn more about which foods are high on the Index: https://www.worldofdiets.com/floraspring-review-scam-or-not/
Another issue with table sugar is the overall fructose content. Table sugar is about 50% fructose by weight. It is generally recommended to keep daily fructose intake to below 50 grams daily for health. If we consume 100 grams of table sugar a day, we get about 50 grams of fructose from it. While fruit contains fructose, it is practically very hard to get 50 grams of fructose from eating fruit alone. That is why its to a good idea to drink fruit juice.

In theory, a person can consume enough protein, fiber and get all of his/her remaining calories from sugar and still lose weight. They will not be able to sustain this diet because of hunger and potential health issues.