Author Topic: Total Irrelevance: Trump-Hating Emmys Hit All-Time Ratings Low  (Read 4552 times)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Total Irrelevance: Trump-Hating Emmys Hit All-Time Ratings Low
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2017, 06:19:28 PM »
Didn't they take over a national park or wildlife refuge or something?
How many people were injured? Businesses lost/vandalised? And they weren't Trumptards, they were just white.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2017, 12:25:53 AM »
How many people were injured? Businesses lost/vandalised? And they weren't Trumptards, they were just white.

Oh come on. You know they are. That's just who they are as people

I believe there were some injuries, but let's say there weren't. They did destroy government property to get in.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2017, 03:20:38 AM »
The music industry revenue has been effectively the same and stable for the past 7 years or so. Smaller from like 2000, but not in the past 7 years or so.

So long-term it's a shrinking industry. You seem like the type who likes to argue for the sake of arguing:

As I said everything points to Hollywood being an industry in decline and it's not that big a part of the economy. It's consumer discretionary. Nobody needs these assholes:

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2017, 12:40:12 PM »
So long-term it's a shrinking industry. You seem like the type who likes to argue for the sake of arguing:

As I said everything points to Hollywood being an industry in decline and it's not that big a part of the economy. It's consumer discretionary. Nobody needs these assholes:

The industry isn't declining. Box office is declining. How people consume content is changing. Of course no one "needs" entertainment. No one needs the NFL, or MLB, or any other forms of entertainment. Video Games... whatever. The way people consume content, especially young people is completely different than the way television is.

How much revenue is in youtube and things of that nature. I don't specifically know, but I'm sure there's a connection between the rise of streaming services, including youtube, and the drop of television ratings.

Even news channels are feeling that pressure. The way people consume content is changing. It will continue to change, but there will always be people who generate content and get paid for it in a capacity.

Not arguing to argue, my statements are simply related to the reality that saying "Hollywood" is falling, isn't really looking at the bigger picture of content generation as a whole.

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2017, 01:00:03 PM »
The industry isn't declining. Box office is declining. How people consume content is changing. Of course no one "needs" entertainment. No one needs the NFL, or MLB, or any other forms of entertainment. Video Games... whatever. The way people consume content, especially young people is completely different than the way television is.

How much revenue is in youtube and things of that nature. I don't specifically know, but I'm sure there's a connection between the rise of streaming services, including youtube, and the drop of television ratings.

Even news channels are feeling that pressure. The way people consume content is changing. It will continue to change, but there will always be people who generate content and get paid for it in a capacity.

Not arguing to argue, my statements are simply related to the reality that saying "Hollywood" is falling, isn't really looking at the bigger picture of content generation as a whole.

I'll use myself as an example...

I used to watch at least as much television as the average person, I now watch a few hours a month.

I still get as much (or more) information as before, I just don't get it via television. I do watch far more movies and series now that I stream them.

TV ratings will continue to decrease but it doesn't necessarily mean less people are watching the content.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2017, 01:23:03 PM »
I'll use myself as an example...

I used to watch at least as much television as the average person, I now watch a few hours a month.

I still get as much (or more) information as before, I just don't get it via television. I do watch far more movies and series now that I stream them.

TV ratings will continue to decrease but it doesn't necessarily mean less people are watching the content.

I find myself bored to death watching TV - I rather play amazon Echo in the background w music i like etc - and surf the web while i do other stuff.  TV now to me just a time waste

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2017, 04:02:51 PM »
Oh come on. You know they are. That's just who they are as people

I believe there were some injuries, but let's say there weren't. They did destroy government property to get in.
I don't know their political alignment. I think the FBI killed one guy but that was off site on a road somehwere.
But this thread is about the entertainment industry and their dwindling influence on the general population.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!