Author Topic: Server - Problems, Solutions, Complaints  (Read 13076 times)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: whats the problem with the site right now??
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2008, 09:30:54 PM »
no way

there's a lot of good threads from back in teh day,. i suggest you bump them rather than delete them! this way we dont need to make new threads!
Z

io856

« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2008, 11:29:15 PM »
I say bring back the older posts  ;D

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2008, 01:13:30 AM »
The poor server is overloaded!  For example, do we need 606 pages of old messages on the main G&O board?  Probably not.  We could probably do without 500 of those 606 pages.

No offense, but this is the year 2008. It would be a shame if threads would have to be deleted just because the server is too slow. I don't think that the amount of data is the real problem, it's probably just the amount of traffic, which either the server or the internet connection can't handle.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2008, 09:14:12 AM »

As I am learning, sometimes there are too many processers with too many max connections, which means either a secondary server to handle databases or figure out something, which I am looking at.

suckmymuscle

Server - IP/IFSP or not enought bandwidth
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2008, 10:33:17 PM »
  Why is it that in the last couple months this board keeps crashing all the time? It can only possibly either:

1. IP/IFSP protocol problems

2. Not enough bandwidth.

My guess is option number 2. The problem in a nutshell, you see, is cash. Too many noobs have registered here recently - damn, I hate noobs, for more reasons than one! - so the board doesen't have enough bandwidth to keep up with the demand. Ron, like everybody else who's last name isn't Gates or Buffet,, has limited depth to his pockets, so I really think Getbiggers should contribute to te Ron Avidan Bandwidth fund. I have offered Ron to send him mony in the past when this board had similar problems, but he declined. Now, considering the severity and frequancy of the crashes recently, I think Ron should really consider the generous contributions of esteemed board members. This is tax day on Getbig, bitches!

SUCKMYMUSCLE

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Ron Should Fix This.
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2008, 10:34:51 PM »
Killing off ASJChaotics gimmicks and Blutos gimmick would free a fuckton load of bandwidth.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

avesher

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh Potato, Sleepy Time
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2008, 10:36:27 PM »
Killing off ASJChaotics gimmicks and Blutos gimmick would free a fuckton load of bandwidth.

what is the metric weight of a  fuckton

io856

« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2008, 10:37:42 PM »
Killing off ASJChaotics gimmicks, Bluto and his gimmicks would free a fuckton load of bandwidth.
fixed

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2008, 10:38:02 PM »
what is the metric weight of a  fuckton
I'm guessing here, but I'm going to say 1500kilos :D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Jeffro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2008, 10:38:37 PM »
Is AXA truly running various gimmicks, including the one and only "Captain Insano?"  :o

If so, that's pathetic that he's been arguing with himself this whole time.. :-\

suckmymuscle

« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2008, 10:38:57 PM »

Agreed.

Bluto = the shit that made the toilet bowl clog, making it impossible to dispatch the rest of the shit.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2008, 10:40:39 PM »
Is AXA truly running various gimmicks, including the one and only "Captain Insano?"  :o

If so, that's pathetic that he's been arguing with himself this whole time.. :-\
;)

And blaming it on some poor kid that got a violent threatening email to alert him to what he was being blamed for.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Jeffro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2008, 10:45:25 PM »
;)

And blaming it on some poor kid that got a violent threatening email to alert him to what he was being blamed for.
Yea, that's pretty low. :-\

Ahmad, what do you have to say for yourself, mister?  >:(

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2008, 11:03:50 PM »
Yea, that's pretty low. :-\

Ahmad, what do you have to say for yourself, mister?  >:(

Let me answer for him..............

" Ahmad, abdullah, hamad durka durka durka, mohammed kablooie!!! >:( "

Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Jeffro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2008, 11:08:46 PM »
Let me answer for him..............

" Ahmad, abdullah, hamad durka durka durka, mohammed kablooie!!! >:( "

;D  :-X

No way, he wouldn't talk like that, he's German remember?  ::)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2008, 11:13:03 PM »
I've gotten a lot of laughs from GB and thought about paypalling Ron a few bucks, but of course I haven't.  If Ron wants to make a thread about it to give out some paypal details then at least that will be out of the way.  Who knows, maybe I'd even get around to it.

The "Would you pay to keep posting at getbig" topic was covered awhile ago tho.  The concensus was "hell no" and if you had to pay to be on here the place would wither and die within 24 hours.

bebop396

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2008, 11:13:10 PM »
  Why is it that in the last couple months this board keeps crashing all the time? It can only possibly either:

1. IP/IFSP protocol problems

2. Not enough bandwidth.

My guess is option number 2. The problem in a nutshell, you see, is cash. Too many noobs have registered here recently - damn, I hate noobs, for more reasons than one! - so the board doesen't have enough bandwidth to keep up with the demand. Ron, like everybody else who's last name isn't Gates or Buffet,, has limited depth to his pockets, so I really think Getbiggers should contribute to te Ron Avidan Bandwidth fund. I have offered Ron to send him mony in the past when this board had similar problems, but he declined. Now, considering the severity and frequancy of the crashes recently, I think Ron should really consider the generous contributions of esteemed board members. This is tax day on Getbig, bitches!

SUCKMYMUSCLE

You hate noobs? What were you, when you first started here? How old are you suckmymuscle?

suckmymuscle

« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2008, 10:38:29 PM »
You hate noobs? What were you, when you first started here?

A noob. But I behaved like a noob, which means that I respected board vets and didn't talk shit to them like many of the recent noobs talk to board vets now.

How old are you suckmymuscle?

SUCKMYMUSCLE

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2008, 10:40:56 PM »
  A noob. But I behaved like a noob, which means that I respected board vets and didn't talk shit to them like many of the recent noobs talk to board vets now.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

What determines if someone is a getbig vet?

How long they have been here or how many posts they have?
No doubt about it...

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2008, 10:48:43 PM »
I thought the MT advertisements were for cash for better hosting/server.....

Part of the problem is, too many idiots here starting threads. Perhaps there should be a limit as to how many a user is allowed to start. Most of the crap posted here is without substance.

Examples:

(insert name here) is an asshole.

so & so ate three ice cream cones.....I'm calling bullshit!

what is your current hairstyle bros?

shud i fuk dis ho tonite an get hi?

You get the idea...most of them have nothing to do with anything of interest. I lkien their worthless posts/threads to people in real life, who talk just to listen to themselves speak. I could have literally linked to some of the garbage, but again, just making a point. It wouldn't be so bad if they were at least entertaining, but all they do is talk shit and flame. They really bring NOTHING to the board. 

Another thing, the gimmicks aren't helping. I think that maybe there should also be a "probation" time, for new members. That way we don't have all these "new" tools coming out of nowhere and calling out established members.
New members should not be allowed to start threads, within say, 90 days or so from joining. Again, it would reduce the number of worthless threads we have here significantly.

Just my opinion...

HAHA, RON.....

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2008, 01:39:41 AM »
Board was upgraded last night, should run smoother now
Z

io856

« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2008, 01:40:42 AM »
Board was upgraded last night, should run smoother now
lol where you emailing Ron in a frenzied panic?

How did you know that?

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2008, 02:32:13 AM »
lol where you emailing Ron in a frenzied panic?

How did you know that?

Bluto knows
Z

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2008, 04:31:45 AM »
Bluto knows

With +31000 posts, your world must be small. Getbig-matrix is where you live.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2008, 04:01:23 PM »

It is either a software problem, or too many processors or users among a few web sites.  Also, max users connections and less ram, but trying to figure it out.

Hardbody.com is on the server, and is very strong as of late, soon to be one of the best information of figure and fitness out there.