Author Topic: Palm Beach Promoter John Organ has passed away  (Read 1289 times)

siouxcountry

• Getbig IV
  • Team Ripitupbaby!
Palm Beach Promoter John Organ has passed away
« on: May 21, 2008, 06:38:50 PM »
RIP

Terry Goodlad:

http://bodysport.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=212

I woke up this morning to the horrible news that John Organ, the Promoter of the palm beach show passed away last night at home in his apartment. John was an exceptional guy, and a friend. He had diabetes but apparently so far there is no cause of death given. I talked with John on a personal level from time to time, our last visit was a 2 hour visit on mothers day. We all lost someone who was very unique in this industry. I'm very upset and don't know what else to say.

John's business partner called this morning and we spoke for a while about his passing. She spoke with him last night and ironically she called to let him know the show coverage was in Oxygen Magazine and then read the entire article to John on the phone. John was like that. He took the time because people mattered to him. Just so everyone knows, John never made a profit on his show yet he and his partner Sophie continued to do it because John liked putting on the show and making it better for the athletes.

When we talked on Mothers day we spend over 2 hours on the phone talking about what would make the show better. We also talked about starting a non-profit to use the show to raise money to educate overweight kids about nutrition in our schools. We also talked about a lot of other good causes to get behind. We were in the process of starting to put that together.

Of course now the show is a big question mark and Sophie wanted to know what to do about it. I called Mr Manion and gave him her number and they are working it out as I write this. I really hope the show goes on in tribute to John...its a great show and this year he moved it to the convention center for a bigger venue and of course for those that have competed there, for a bigger stage.

Funeral arrangements have not been made yet but as soon as we have all that we will make sure to post it all here.

John's Family has made arrangements, the service will be held on Sunday. Log onto this URL to leave a testimonial for our friend if you don't mind. It will go to his family and I think it would be really nice if the people in our sport could show his family how we all feel about a wonderful man who cared far more than most.

You can leave a comment for his family here...

http://www.asimas.com/ASIMAS/qbaum/service_schedule.jsp?domain_id=297&deceased_id=161105

Shannon Dey

• Pros
  • Getbig II
Re: Palm Beach Promoter John Organ has passed away
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 04:39:29 PM »
Certain special people have a gift of being able to make other people feel good just from their presence.

John had this gift.  He always made you feel good just by being around him.  His fun, easy going demeanor and kind words made you want to stop, slow down and chat even in the seemingly most stressful situations. 

His always present encouragement and smile made a world of difference in many lives.

Heaven has gained a special soul and we have lost a true friend.