Getbig Bodybuilding Boards > Training Q&A

Dorian Yates - chest, back, delts, arms, and legs.

<< < (3/8) > >>

mass 04:

--- Quote from: The Ugly on September 02, 2010, 05:54:04 PM ---I don't think so. A little trap, a little side, a little rear?

--- End quote ---
I think it depends on hand placement, how high you pull the bar,and a few other factors such as torso lean. For delts a grip a little wider than shoulder width pulling just above the nipples would be most effective IMO but the traps are going to be involved, no doubt about it.

Montague:

--- Quote from: The Ugly on September 02, 2010, 05:54:04 PM ---I don't think so. A little trap, a little side, a little rear?

--- End quote ---

Much of that depends on the grip you take and the level/height to which you pull the bar.
Narrower hand spacing will activate more traps, while hands further apart will target more shoulders.

--- Quote from: mass 04 on September 02, 2010, 05:29:34 PM ---I will say that i feel db's are more effective than a bb.

--- End quote ---

Did you check out the video Bench posted of Jay Cutler training shoulders?
Observe his "technique" on lateral raises - specifically the topmost portion of the concentric part of the rep.
That is almost identical to the position I end up in when doing uprights.
Done this way, I feel the most delt stimulation.

I never thought of using db's in lieu, while combining them with a bit of a lateral raise-type motion.
Seems interesting, and I may give it a go next week.

mass 04:

--- Quote from: Montague on September 02, 2010, 06:24:16 PM ---Much of that depends on the grip you take and the level/height to which you pull the bar.
Narrower hand spacing will activate more traps, while hands further apart will target more shoulders.

Did you check out the video Bench posted of Jay Cutler training shoulders?
Observe his "technique" on lateral raises - specifically the topmost portion of the concentric part of the rep.
That is almost identical to the position I end up in when doing uprights.
Done this way, I feel the most delt stimulation.

I never thought of using db's in lieu, while combining them with a bit of a lateral raise-type motion.
Seems interesting, and I may give it a go next week.

--- End quote ---
I pull the db right under my armpit near the pec front delt tie in. I feel these more in the side head than any lateral i've ever done.

The Ugly:
Not sure I'm following his logic on chest. Flat presses are dangerous tendon-wise, but inclines aren't?

And declines are good because they bring arms "down and across," which, he says, is the ideal ROM. So wouldn't that make 'UP and across' inclines even less effective than "shitty" flat presses?  

DSM18:
the wwf is strong in here...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version