Getbig Bodybuilding Boards > Steroids Info & Hardcore

AAS & Hair Loss

<< < (105/105)

plebian:
if one has MPB in the family, they should avoid testosterone like the plague.

If i hadn't listened to the forum "experts" who bang on about needing testosterone in every cycle, I wouldve kept my hair like 99% of the golden era pros did. You look at millennial gym rats now and you see these common factors: bald shiny heads (fuck off with the idea that shaving your head to the bone suddenly got popular, people only do that when they're balding or they join a neo-nazi group), acne all over the back and shoulders, and constantly fighting a battle with gyno.

instead i had to get FUE like many others testosterone abusers undoubtedly will have to (believe it: nothing, and i do mean NOTHING short of turning yourself into a tranny - and even then, dont count on it - will "regrow" atrophied follicles) and now i wont touch testosterone again. Instead ive been using deca as the base and contrary to all the bullshit written on the internet, my libido is the strongest its been in a long while and my MPB susceptible hairs have completely halted while the transplanted hairs grow in nicely.

I'm not trying to start shit, but just pointing out that what many in this thread have described as "hair loss" is NOT MPB. MPB is not "instant" or even quick. It is a slow, progressive condition. If you add a drug, any drug, and suddenly experience massive shedding, that is "telogen effluvium" and it is not related to MPB, it is a stress reaction, of which is typically temporary, and thats why it grows back seemingly shortly after when you stop whatever you are doing. MPB doesn't grow back, the hairs get progressively smaller and smaller with each hair cycle until you can't see them with the naked eye.

Testosterone is by far the worst offender in this class of drugs, because of the high local conversion to DHT. Its not a problem of systemic DHT or androgens, but a problem of local action in the scalp and follicle. Typically what happens is guys will run testosterone for months and months and then finally add new drugs in, and start seeing the first effects of damage that has been taking place unbeknowsnt to them for many months, and then blame the new drugs. But as i said before, MPB is not instant, its not even quick. If you are "seeing" MPB, you are actually seeing the results of processes that have been happening for a long time before you ever noticed. Typically what is observed is simply the shedding phase of the hair cycle, and now your "new" hairs growing back in are much weaker.

so if you are battling hair loss, the first thing to do is STOP USING TESTOSTERONE. JUST STOP USING IT, no not 350mg/week, not 250mg/week, not even a "just a trt dose bro", just stop using any form of testosterone at all. Try deca or EQ, but preferably the former because the latter doesnt seem to provide enough estrogen substrate to use as a solo for long periods of time, despite what is written on the internet about it converting at 1/2 the rate of testosterone (one reason may be that one of the metabolites of EQ is apparently a potent aromatase inhibitor. I dont know how true that it is, i just know i feel like shit on EQ solo while i feel great on deca solo)

DerrickRigg.bber:
Agree about the use of test. But I do think hair loss is linked to amount of test used in the cycles. Had two buddies that were pros in the early 2000s and that was there findings. One always used long, heavy cycles containing test and he went bald. Other guy didn't use over 500 mg. a week of test enth/test prop. and he still has a full head of hair at 51.

It was a good lesson for me.

Primemuscle:

--- Quote from: DerrickRigg.bber on November 02, 2019, 12:11:25 PM ---Agree about the use of test. But I do think hair loss is linked to amount of test used in the cycles. Had two buddies that were pros in the early 2000s and that was there findings. One always used long, heavy cycles containing test and he went bald. Other guy didn't use over 500 mg. a week of test enth/test prop. and he still has a full head of hair at 51.

It was a good lesson for me.

--- End quote ---

Ever hear of male-pattern baldness?

By the time you turn 30, you have a 25% chance of displaying some balding. By age 50, 50% of men have at least some noticeable hair loss. By age 60, about two-thirds are either bald or have a balding pattern.

testiFy:
Take the blackpill and shave your head (if your face is good enough for it + shape of head)

Now you can run as many DHT as you like without worrying about losing your hair.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version