Getbig Bodybuilding Boards > Nutrition, Products & Supplements Info

Is it healthy to eat uncooked oat flour?

(1/2) > >>

Bob A. Booey:
I know that rolled/quick/instant oats are steamed during their production, which apparently makes them more digestible.

I'm wondering if oat flour goes through a similar process.  If not, does that make it harder to digest?

Thanks

(BTW great community you guys have here) ;D

Princess L:

--- Quote from: Bob A. Booey on October 17, 2005, 03:09:26 AM ---I know that rolled/quick/instant oats are steamed during their production, which apparently makes them more digestible.

I'm wondering if oat flour goes through a similar process.  If not, does that make it harder to digest?

Thanks

(BTW great community you guys have here) ;D

--- End quote ---

Oat flour is just pulverized oats.  You can make your own in a food processor.
Why would you want to eat raw flour?

Bear03:

--- Quote from: Princess L on October 17, 2005, 08:49:12 PM ---Oat flour is just pulverized oats.  You can make your own in a food processor.
Why would you want to eat raw flour?

--- End quote ---

it is? so there's no leavening agent or anything like that?

Migs:
Not sure why you would want to eat uncooked oat flour.  Are you adding it to a shake to get some complex carbs in?  The other post was correct, you can make it your self.  I would recommend that after youpulverize it (if amking large amounts) i would keep it in the fridge.  It helps to preserve it.

Forseti:
Oat flour has a higher GI than unprocessed oats.  You'd be better off eating old fashioned oats.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version