Getbig Bodybuilding Boards > Injury and Rehabilitation

PLEASE HELP

(1/1)

iwillgetthere:
I need some quick advice I was doing a preachers curl the other day with heavy weight and when I got to the bottom of a failed attempt I heard and felt a snap in my left arm.  I set the bar down no huge pain went and immediately did 4 sets o 15 on 15 off ice and took alot of advil.  Now my entire forearm is black and blue and slightly swollen.  What could I have done and will it heal itself?  I have full function of it although I cant lift anything with my left arm.  I cant get in to see my orthopedic until next wed.  Any advice would be great.  Thanks

Psychophysio:
Sounds like a bicep tear potentially, although I am confused when you say you have full function of it but cannot lift anything.

Go see the doc and continue to ice, compress and elevate it.

iwillgetthere:
I was hoping there would b a doc on here because I have to wait until next wed to see mine and wanted to get advice until then as it is very sore.  I didn't know it waiting a week to have it looked at (which I have no choice on) would make a drastic difference or not.

drkaje:
Do what patho said. Then... call his service and ask for an on-call evaluation as it might be an emergency.

Jake

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version