Getbig Main Boards > Politics and Political Issues Board

2022 Midterm Elections

<< < (48/48)

Primemuscle:

--- Quote from: Humble Narcissist on November 22, 2022, 01:08:54 AM ---When the majority are easily brainwashed things will not end well. People getting freebies from the government will always vote for more freebies. We now are almost at critical mass. Watch the movie Idiocracy for a humorous look at where we are headed.

--- End quote ---

When you say the majority are easily brainwashed, would that include liberals, conservatives, and others? Democrats are not in the majority at 46.3%. Republicans on their own at only 24% are in the minority, but when combined with independents and non-affiliated voters the total is around 54%, which would be the majority. The bottom line is it seems like Republicans are doing a poor job at attracting voters.

I am a democrat. Have been since I first registered to vote when I was 21years old. I do not recall getting freebies from the government. What kind of freebies are you talking about? If democrats get them, wouldn't republicans and independents also get them?

Dos Equis:
What an absolute disaster for the GOP.  They have the most incompetent, ineffective, dishonest person to ever hold the presidency, an equally horrible VP, pretty much every indicator is bad, foreign policy sucks, directly responsible for the death of Marines in Afghanistan, etc., etc.  Should have been a red wave.  Turned out to be barely a trickle. 

Why?  Because the Republican Party sucks.  The only reason they are still relevant is the Democrat Party is worse and intellectually bankrupt.

What a bunch of duds.  I mean they could not beat a guy in Fetterman who is less coherent than Biden.  The RNC head should be fired. 

jude2:
Too many RINOS in the swamp.

loco:

--- Quote from: Dos Equis on November 29, 2022, 02:04:10 PM ---What an absolute disaster for the GOP.  They have the most incompetent, ineffective, dishonest person to ever hold the presidency, an equally horrible VP, pretty much every indicator is bad, foreign policy sucks, directly responsible for the death of Marines in Afghanistan, etc., etc.  Should have been a red wave.  Turned out to be barely a trickle. 

Why?  Because the Republican Party sucks.  The only reason they are still relevant is the Democrat Party is worse and intellectually bankrupt.

What a bunch of duds.  I mean they could not beat a guy in Fetterman who is less coherent than Biden.  The RNC head should be fired.

--- End quote ---

Agreed.  Well said!

loco:
Black Turnout in Midterms Was One of the Low Points for Democrats

There was a lot of good news — or at least news that felt good — for Democrats this election cycle, from holding the Senate to remaining stubbornly competitive in the House.

But as more data becomes final, it’s clear that Black turnout is not one of those feel-good stories for the party.

We won’t get conclusive numbers on this for months, but the evidence so far raises the distinct possibility that the Black share of the electorate sank to its lowest level since 2006. It certainly did in states like Georgia and North Carolina, where authoritative data is already available.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/black-turnout-midterms-one-low-132820343.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version